This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Postby RustedCross » Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 am

Does he not have ankle tilt?
"Waspinator find spider-bot and tear him a new waste-disposal unit!"
-- Waspinator, "Other Voices"

RustedCross
Micromaster

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Postby Immortal Starscream » Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 am

Beachjezus wrote:Here’s how I feel about this. I have this on preorder and it’s going to be amazing but obviously super overpriced. I’m getting it to display next to MP-36. After this one I’m done with Masterpiece outside of beast wars. They’ve just gotten too expensive at this point. I’ll be going all in on siege to get the complete cast. Seems like the smart route at this point

see, I find myself starting to share this same sentiment. with the relaunch of the MP line with mp10 prime and sideswipe, I pretty much vowed to get every mp release ever. But as time has gone by, and the price has gotten much higher, added to the design shift (less hybrid between perfect g1 toy and toon, and more g1 toon accurate using things like fake chests etc) and some questionable design choices (looking at you mp hot rod and v2 bee) I'm starting to find myself wanting to pass on more and more. Now I know this is primarily for the Japanese market, and maybe in Japan this is whats in demand from fans; I don't know. but me personally, I see no need for this. figure. does he look impressive, yes. is he spot on toon accurate? mostly. Does his vehicle mode look like a jigsaw puzzle? absolutely. But is he necessary? not at all. There are so many other characters that need representation and love in the mp line. spending resources and development time on rehashing existing figures that are already perfect masterpiece representations (imho) instead of working towards giving us the rest of the cast seems like a waste. Again, I know this is primarily for the Japanese market, and maybe there's no love over there for these characters. I know that was supposedly the case for the dinobots. But I still want to see MP insecticons, trailbreaker, mirage, gears, huffer, brawn, pipes, blaster, reflector, etc. and what about the Japanese series then? Jinrai, overloard, deathsaurus, or any combiner from any of them. And yes, I know theres a bazillian third party versions of these things out there... but there shouldn't have to be.

Would I pay $440 for another masterpiece prime when I already have mp 10? no
Would I pay $440 for a perfect masterpiece God Jinrai? good chance.
Am I still waiting for an official mp Victory Leo to complete my Star Saber. probably forever at this point.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Beachjezus » Sun May 26, 2019 8:36 am

Immortal Starscream wrote:
Beachjezus wrote:Here’s how I feel about this. I have this on preorder and it’s going to be amazing but obviously super overpriced. I’m getting it to display next to MP-36. After this one I’m done with Masterpiece outside of beast wars. They’ve just gotten too expensive at this point. I’ll be going all in on siege to get the complete cast. Seems like the smart route at this point

see, I find myself starting to share this same sentiment. with the relaunch of the MP line with mp10 prime and sideswipe, I pretty much vowed to get every mp release ever. But as time has gone by, and the price has gotten much higher, added to the design shift (less hybrid between perfect g1 toy and toon, and more g1 toon accurate using things like fake chests etc) and some questionable design choices (looking at you mp hot rod and v2 bee) I'm starting to find myself wanting to pass on more and more. Now I know this is primarily for the Japanese market, and maybe in Japan this is whats in demand from fans; I don't know. but me personally, I see no need for this. figure. does he look impressive, yes. is he spot on toon accurate? mostly. Does his vehicle mode look like a jigsaw puzzle? absolutely. But is he necessary? not at all. There are so many other characters that need representation and love in the mp line. spending resources and development time on rehashing existing figures that are already perfect masterpiece representations (imho) instead of working towards giving us the rest of the cast seems like a waste. Again, I know this is primarily for the Japanese market, and maybe there's no love over there for these characters. I know that was supposedly the case for the dinobots. But I still want to see MP insecticons, trailbreaker, mirage, gears, huffer, brawn, pipes, blaster, reflector, etc. and what about the Japanese series then? Jinrai, overloard, deathsaurus, or any combiner from any of them. And yes, I know theres a bazillian third party versions of these things out there... but there shouldn't have to be.

Would I pay $440 for another masterpiece prime when I already have mp 10? no
Would I pay $440 for a perfect masterpiece God Jinrai? good chance.
Am I still waiting for an official mp Victory Leo to complete my Star Saber. probably forever at this point.

So we are on the same page sir. I’m only getting this because I feel I owe it to mp-36 to have his buddy next to him. I’ll have mp-10 with the rest of the autobots and Apollyon with my MP deceptions. With siege looking good enough at this point I’m going to be using that to get the complete cast!

I’m looking into these pop culture shock statues that are up for preorder - Optimus and soundwave. I might use these for my toon accurate or higher end needs. They are cheaper than MP at this point and look better for sure.
Beachjezus
Micromaster

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sun May 26, 2019 9:04 am

I agree with the new Megs we needed “final battle” Prime
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun May 26, 2019 11:56 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i dont know about anybody else but despite the price the more i see of this the more i want it
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby PadForce » Sun May 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Im in the more i see the more i want camp too!
PadForce

Re: First Images of Box and Card for Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
william-james88 wrote:This toy is scheduled to come out in November 2019 and several retailers are already sold out of preorders even with the $440 price tag over at Entertainment Earth.

Well, I'm pretty sure that "insane" price tag won't stop the sales. Especially if once the figure finally get in hands, the quality match the price.

Even if it's a different fandom, I can draw a parallel to doll collecting.
Click here for the PICTURE.
The Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku were limited at 39 units each for the event and sold at 650$US and 660$US each. Not counting the 55$US of shipping and sureshot custom taxes.

Those dolls sold in less than 20 minutes! And I'm one of the "lucky" buyer.

So, yeah, all preorders of the 440$US Optimus already sold out? I'm not surprised. At least that Optimus will be way less limited than a Dollfie so everyone will have his/her chance in due time. Will I'll be buying one?
Well, maybe. I'll wait for the reviews first.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun May 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:This toy is scheduled to come out in November 2019 and several retailers are already sold out of preorders even with the $440 price tag over at Entertainment Earth.

Well, I'm pretty sure that "insane" price tag won't stop the sales. Especially if once the figure finally get in hands, the quality match the price.

Even if it's a different fandom, I can draw a parallel to doll collecting.
Click here for the PICTURE.
The Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku were limited at 39 units each for the event and sold at 650$US and 660$US each. Not counting the 55$US of shipping and sureshot custom taxes.

Those dolls sold in less than 20 minutes! And I'm one of the "lucky" buyer.

So, yeah, all preorders of the 440$US Optimus already sold out? I'm not surprised. At least that Optimus will be way less limited than a Dollfie so everyone will have his/her chance in due time. Will I'll be buying one?
Well, maybe. I'll wait for the reviews first.

and wait to see if there are any cracking crotch pieces or anything else that might break
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Ultra Markus wrote:and wait to see if there are any cracking crotch pieces or anything else that might break

Yeah, first, scratched up mp-36's, then rid convoy being a mess and having to be recalled, now, mp-43's purple plastic problem - not to mention, hosts of qc issues in between; tt is not having a great run of luck convincing me these items are gonna be worth the price they're asking >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon May 27, 2019 7:03 pm

It's that simple."
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:and wait to see if there are any cracking crotch pieces or anything else that might break

Yeah, first, scratched up mp-36's, then rid convoy being a mess and having to be recalled, now, mp-43's purple plastic problem - not to mention, hosts of qc issues in between; tt is not having a great run of luck convincing me these items are gonna be worth the price they're asking >:oP

Hence waiting for actual in-hand reviews. And not just one, but many. That's why I refuse to preorder it.
Beside, what's the actual point of preordering a WIDELY AVAILABLE MAINLINE ITEM? Like, seriously.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Hence waiting for actual in-hand reviews. And not just one, but many. That's why I refuse to preorder it.
Beside, what's the actual point of preordering a WIDELY AVAILABLE MAINLINE ITEM? Like, seriously.

Might get sold out from all the places with a decent price. The vast majority of people who got a decent price on MP Dinobot, for instance, were the ones who preordered him.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon May 27, 2019 7:14 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:Might get sold out from all the places with a decent price. The vast majority of people who got a decent price on MP Dinobot, for instance, were the ones who preordered him.

Still, it's Optimus Prime we are talking about. I bet there will be plenty of units for everyone at "normal price" for a long while.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Might get sold out from all the places with a decent price. The vast majority of people who got a decent price on MP Dinobot, for instance, were the ones who preordered him.

Still, it's Optimus Prime we are talking about. I bet there will be plenty of units for everyone at "normal price" for a long while.

I am talking about the 20-30% off price, that sure wont last long at all.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon May 27, 2019 7:24 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:I am talking about the 20-30% off price, that sure wont last long at all.

If you mean the initial sales, yeah, sure. But those will be the first batch and a roll of the dice concerning potential issues. I'm not really hot to gamble.

Plus there's always a possibility of life changing or simple interests changing once the bill finally hit. I felt obligated to honor too many preorders I no longer wanted already... :(

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue May 28, 2019 2:40 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Beachjezus wrote:I’m getting it to display next to MP-36.
While that's a good idea, you just know that there will be yet another MP Megatron on the way soon enough.
I’ll be going all in on siege to get the complete cast. Seems like the smart route at this point
That's what I'm doing for my G1 crew, I never did get MP fever, I have only a handful, representing characters I care about more than others.

As for MP-44, I agree that it's mainly a cash grab, but it is an improvement over MP-10 (which wasn't hard to do), and it looks damn good, but not worth $440. After all, in the end it's a plastic display piece. But to each his/her own. Honestly, I have the money for it, but I'm not getting it when it comes out, I'll wait a few months, even at the risk of the price going higher.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Has anyone else heard anything about the price going up to close to $500 USD? I haven't heard anything from Amazon Japan.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10

Postby YRQRM0 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:44 pm

Not that I was gonna spend the money on him anyways, but he's not looking that great to me here. Too many panels, backpack is looking heavy, and the cartoon appeal only works in certain poses at certain angles imo.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6

Postby nycPrime » Tue May 28, 2019 3:23 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Has anyone else heard anything about the price going up to close to $500 USD? I haven't heard anything from Amazon Japan.

Haven't really checked but I locked in a PO with Amazon JP a while ago. Pretty sure the all in price was in the high $300s.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue May 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Honestly, I want the jetpack for my MP Sideswipe, that's what i want
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 8

Postby joevill » Tue May 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Wow! Such a beauty!!! :APPLAUSE:
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:17 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:I am talking about the 20-30% off price, that sure wont last long at all.

If you mean the initial sales, yeah, sure. But those will be the first batch and a roll of the dice concerning potential issues. I'm not really hot to gamble.

Plus there's always a possibility of life changing or simple interests changing once the bill finally hit. I felt obligated to honor too many preorders I no longer wanted already... :(

In this particular case, the gamble is over $130, because thats the amount of savings the preorder gives you. Which isn't nothing. Plus, if you order from Amazon Japan and pay with credit card then you can return it if there is something wrong.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri May 31, 2019 1:15 am

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:In this particular case, the gamble is over $130, because thats the amount of savings the preorder gives you. Which isn't nothing. Plus, if you order from Amazon Japan and pay with credit card then you can return it if there is something wrong.

That's nice for the issue part.

But it's the "no longer want" part that worries me. THAT'S the true gamble here. And one thing that I learned is if there is some doubt, better not buy the thing. No matter how good or how "cheap" it is. I made too many impulse purchases with buyer remorse this way.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby nycPrime » Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 am

I'm in the Amazon JP boat. I have a PO at a great price when compared to the domestic price. But it's still a lot and I'm not sure if I really want it. Doubtful the price will be any better in the near future. What to do?!?!
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri May 31, 2019 5:31 pm

It's that simple."
nycPrime wrote:I'm in the Amazon JP boat. I have a PO at a great price when compared to the domestic price. But it's still a lot and I'm not sure if I really want it. Doubtful the price will be any better in the near future. What to do?!?!

Easy. Balance the Wants VS Mehs. If the Wants win, even by the slightest margin, buy. If it's the Mehs, do not.

That's the method I now use to buy everything. Make me avoid either regrets to not getting the thing, or the buyer remorse syndrome.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby GrangerPerry » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:05 pm

The earlier news post said this guy was coming out in November but my Amazon jp is saying it will be delivered September 3rd? I bought 4 btw each at 322.99 shipped so excited I just hope no one regrets not picking up at that price! This is why I can’t back Unicron because they both fall on the same date so please reach out if OP was delayed to November because I’m torn
GrangerPerry
Micromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
NEW!
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON