This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeah, now that I finally see them next to each other, I’m super happy with my Magic Square Prime. This over priced money grab (good looking one, though) is finally an easy pass.

But isnt magic square prime a trailer-less prime? I thought fans were in uproar over trailer-less optimus releases.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 Discussion Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:58 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
william-james88 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Yeah, now that I finally see them next to each other, I’m super happy with my Magic Square Prime. This over priced money grab (good looking one, though) is finally an easy pass.

But isnt magic square prime a trailer-less prime? I thought fans were in uproar over trailer-less optimus releases.

The "Uproar" is only if the price asked is way too much for a trailer-less Optimus. Especially if it's a re-release that came with a trailer in the first place. Walmart's G1 reissue is the best example. 50$US/70$CAN for a trailer-less G1 Optimus is insulting. But a 25$US/34$CAN trailer-less G1 Optimus is perfectly fine.

Also, all those Optimusses that never came with a trailer in the first place don't count. Because seriously, it will be completely absurd if every single Optimusses ever came with a trailer.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 am

sol magnus wrote:

Yeah, looks to me like you paid too much for whichever one of those other two you bought. But it's your money.

Difficult to "pay too much" for either of the other two when they are between 1/4 and 1/3 of the price.

Sounds are the only un-objective benefit 44 has over the others.
PadForce

Postby sol magnus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:40 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Yeah, looks to me like you paid too much for whichever one of those other two you bought. But it's your money.

Difficult to "pay too much" for either of the other two when they are between 1/4 and 1/3 of the price.

Sounds are the only un-objective benefit 44 has over the others.

That's debatable. I could give a rat's patootie about sounds.

Superior engineering gives far superior articulation and range of movement, and therefore play value, which even though I'm sure most of us just stand them on a shelf still want in a figure. To say nothing of all the other stuff you get with it.

All the reasons I collect doesn't come down to the banality of price. I know price is a factor - I'm not rich. But it's not the only factor. Takara has poured a lot into this figure, which the extra features shows where the money went. If you want a knock-off brick that looks like a cartoon Optimus just because it's "cheaper", you do you. But, like Sunstreaker and Inferno, I can appreciate the construction and ingenuity of what looks to me like a Masterpiece worthy of the name.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
MP-44 do have the edge over articulations and poses that's for sure.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Stargrave » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I’ll be honest I’m always rooting for the official product vs. the 3rd party stuff. I want the one with the official Autobrand to be the best. I know the 3rd party stuff gets pretty awesome but ah that’s just me. I would want an Optimus not some “Optimus” with some clever not-so-vague word play on his name for a handle and no official Autobrand. Just ramblin’ ;)
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby MadProject » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:50 am

Weapon: Sword
found on youtube!

Last edited by MadProject on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:51 am

Knock off brick is a funny comment given 44's backpack. I'm not bothered about play value so if that's key for you fair enough.

Not sure when discussing a $400 price became banal :lol:
PadForce

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Amazon Japan charged my card today so Prime will be on its way to me soon
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am

MadProject wrote:found on youtube!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsuM_w0A18&fbclid=IwAR2HBWi0lRl8liH2rzoDbdPBtPZ_a5jGfyquI-Z0-rNcsZcwVBIZdVgg2HQ[/youtube]

Just use the code at the end of the video : oJsuM_w0A18

It becomes this:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby MadProject » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:26 am

Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:
MadProject wrote:found on youtube!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsuM_w0A18&fbclid=IwAR2HBWi0lRl8liH2rzoDbdPBtPZ_a5jGfyquI-Z0-rNcsZcwVBIZdVgg2HQ[/youtube]

Just use the code at the end of the video : oJsuM_w0A18

It becomes this:

Thank you
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby sol magnus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:30 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
PadForce wrote:Knock off brick is a funny comment given 44's backpack. I'm not bothered about play value so if that's key for you fair enough.

Some people don't like a backpack they'll likely never actually see, sure. But the others being knock-off bricks is not up for debate. They are knock offs. They're dimensions are more brick-like. These are facts. I'm sure they make fine stand in statues.

The price point of $400 isn't the banal part. It's the discussion of price for a high end toy being too much when it's a first world issue is what is banal.
Last edited by sol magnus on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:30 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I don't think the transformation looks THAT bad, it's almost intuitive with how everything has to fold and tab for robot mode.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am

sol magnus wrote:
PadForce wrote:Knock off brick is a funny comment given 44's backpack. I'm not bothered about play value so if that's key for you fair enough.

Some people don't like a backpack they'll likely never actually see, sure. But the others being knock-off bricks is not up for debate. They are knock offs. They're dimensions are more brick-like. These are facts. I'm sure they make fine stand in statues.

The price point of $400 isn't the banal part. It's the discussion of price for a high end toy being too much when it's a first world issue is what is banal.

I dont understand your brick comments - MP 44 silhouette from any angle other than the front is worse than the two others you are disparaging. Their dimensions are definitively not more brick like.

If discussing the price is banal,why did you bring it up by telling someone theyd paid too much for one of the other options?
PadForce

Postby sol magnus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:39 am

PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

I dont understand your brick comments - MP 44 silhouette from any angle other than the front is worse than the two others you are disparaging. Their dimensions are definitively not more brick like.

If discussing the price is banal,why did you bring it up by telling someone theyd paid too much for one of the other options?

Those are not high-end collectibles. They're knock offs of a high end collectible. That's why.

I said:
sol magnus wrote:All the reasons I collect doesn't come down to the banality of price. I know price is a factor - I'm not rich. But it's not the only factor.

Just because something is "cheaper" doesn't mean I want it. Although I am not in fact wealthy. A knock-off or an official version doesn't appeal to me one way or the other based on price alone.

As to the dimensions, they look like bricks to me. There is something more "off" about them from the front view than the Takara version. And I focus on the front not as a means to bash them, but because that's how I display my figures.
Last edited by sol magnus on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:46 am

Double post
Last edited by PadForce on Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PadForce

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:48 am

sol magnus wrote:
PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Those are not high-end collectibles. They're knock offs. That's why.

Pretty sure knock offs are direct copies rather than bots with their own transformation? Anyway definition kind of irrelevant.

They other options clearly are high end due to some of the superior factors they have vs 44, just as 44 has a few things they dont have.
PadForce

Postby sol magnus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 am

PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
PadForce wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

Those are not high-end collectibles. They're knock offs. That's why.

Pretty sure knock offs are direct copies rather than bots with their own transformation? Anyway definition kind of irrelevant.

They other options clearly are high end due to some of the superior factors they have vs 44, just as 44 has a few things they dont have.

I edited my post, but let's use another term if it's not the 1. version of a "knock-off".

I don't think the lack of a backpack gives those...fakes? Homages? a superior competitive position over what MP-44 "lacks," but as I said from jump: It's your money.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 pm

I'm not saying the others are definitevly superior, each clearly has selling points
PadForce

Postby BLUDGEON » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:34 pm

Can we talk about 3rd party TFs? Does anyone collect Fanstoys MPs?
Anyone have an idea when Spoiler will come out and how much he will cost? Ive seen some wildly differing prices
BLUDGEON
Mini-Con

Postby PadForce » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:46 pm

There is a separate thread where you may have more luck!
PadForce

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:48 pm

BLUDGEON wrote:Can we talk about 3rd party TFs? Does anyone collect Fanstoys MPs?
Anyone have an idea when Spoiler will come out and how much he will cost? Ive seen some wildly differing prices

Sure you can, right here: unlicensed-and-ko-transformers-toys-f215.php

Either find a thread that works with what you want to discuss or make anew thread there.

Cheers.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Some pix from @Alfes2010 --

MP-10 and MP-44

Matrix

o_o

Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby SkyFire Prime » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Make a version without the trailer. For 250-300 dollars and you will have my business.
SkyFire Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Gambitgreen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:18 pm

All I know is my cc was charged today with an estimated arrival next week. Waited a long time for this and I’m pumped!
Gambitgreen
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON