This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Returns Air Attack Optimus Primal

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Returns Air Attack Optimus Primal

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
What the guy above said.

The deco is VERY different from the original. It's a major improvement. But I agree that the problem is the mold itself. Way too huge and don't scale with anything.
It scales with Nightscream and Supreme Cheetor. ;)

The one who have such a display should be thrown deep into an oubliette! :michaelbay:
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
What the guy above said.

The deco is VERY different from the original. It's a major improvement. But I agree that the problem is the mold itself. Way too huge and don't scale with anything.

The one who have such a display should be thrown deep into an oubliette! :michaelbay:
Including our illustrious Site Owner? ;) :P

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
What the guy above said.

Now that's something you don't hear every day...

Seeing those pictures though makes me wonder what hasbro were thinking when doing the beast machines line or if they had research to prove toys like that would sell.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
What the guy above said.

Seeing those pictures though makes me wonder what hasbro were thinking when doing the beast machines line or if they had research to prove toys like that would sell.
At the time, Hasbro has based the designs for the initinal toys of the show characters off of preliminary concept artwork done by Draxhall Jump, which differed from the finalized CG models done by Mainframe. Towards the end of the line, in the Battle for the Spark subline, more show-accurate molds began to crop up in the line, but which still didn't quite match the rather toy-transformation-unfriendly CG models.

It was a time when Hasbro and Mainframe simply weren't as much on the same page as they had been with Beast Wars since, unlike Beast Wars having had its toys designed before the cartoon models were, the Beast Machines cartoon designs and toy designs were made more independently of each other.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
What the guy above said.

At the time, Hasbro has based the designs for the initinal toys of the show characters off of preliminary concept artwork done by Draxhall Jump, which differed from the finalized CG models done by Mainframe. Towards the end of the line, in the Battle for the Spark subline, more show-accurate molds began to crop up in the line, but which still didn't quite match the rather toy-transformation-unfriendly CG models.

It was a time when Hasbro and Mainframe simply weren't as much on the same page as they had been with Beast Wars since, unlike Beast Wars having had its toys designed before the cartoon models were, the Beast Machines cartoon designs and toy designs were made more independently of each other.

It's really Hasbro's fault. They told Mainframe to split their season 4 budget to also make an Action Man cartoon forcing Mainframe to start Beast Wars over as Beast Machines with easier to animate CG, transformation trickery, and very few textures. If Mainframe had their entire budget they might have been able to do something closer to the Draxhall Jump designs, for better or worse.

And yes, I would buy Blast Punch Primal in show colors in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the new Encore line seems to be designed to use existing molds as a substitute for MPs that will never happen so bigger is better. I'm sure we'll be getting a Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus Prime announcement sooner or later.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
You know what would really sell me on a proper re-release of Air Attack Optimus Primal? If he actually came in Beast Machines or Beast Wars Returns packaging in a similar style to how he had been done previously. Heck, split the production run in half and do both package styles, or do a flipped box with one side having one package style with a window, and the flip side of the package having product imagery but in the style of the other product line. Now that could be really cool.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:28 am

Seibertron wrote:You know what would really sell me on a proper re-release of Air Attack Optimus Primal? If he actually came in Beast Machines or Beast Wars Returns packaging in a similar style to how he had been done previously. Heck, split the production run in half and do both package styles, or do a flipped box with one side having one package style with a window, and the flip side of the package having product imagery but in the style of the other product line. Now that could be really cool.
Knowing the Encore line's penchant for using vintage packaging styles, it more than most likely will be using Beast Wars Returns-styled packaging, especially since this toy's name is "Returns Convoy".

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:You know what would really sell me on a proper re-release of Air Attack Optimus Primal? If he actually came in Beast Machines or Beast Wars Returns packaging in a similar style to how he had been done previously. Heck, split the production run in half and do both package styles, or do a flipped box with one side having one package style with a window, and the flip side of the package having product imagery but in the style of the other product line. Now that could be really cool.
Knowing the Encore line's penchant for using vintage packaging styles, it more than most likely will be using Beast Wars Returns-styled packaging, especially since this toy's name is "Returns Convoy".
It is an interesting point, since this figure was never actually released by TT (right?). We could end up with something original :-?
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
shajaki wrote:It is an interesting point, since this figure was never actually released by TT (right?).

Yes and no. Its the same scenario as Masterpiece Acid Storm. Released by Takara but the same as Hasbro version in the same box.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 pm

shajaki wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
It is an interesting point, since this figure was never actually released by TT (right?). We could end up with something original :-?
Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme were likewise never released by Takara prior to their Encore releases, so they have set a precedent for Returns Convoy to get vintage Takara BWR packaging like they got vintage Takara G1 packaging. :D
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby shajaki » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:05 pm

I didn't know that. Neat ;)^

I'll be really pleased if he gets a box in the BWR style.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby fenrir72 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Relevant or not but take a look at this. As of June 10,2018

No likes!Even after a week!
Attachments
Encore.jpg
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby shajaki » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:16 am

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Video Review of Takara Tomy Transformers Encore Returns Air Attack Optimus Primal

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:11 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
News about this encore release has been thin on the ground but we're pleased to bring you news of a Video Review! The review was done by YouTube user, Stalker,and was passed on to us courtesy of fellow Seibertron user, What's Crackin'?

While the review itself is non-English, it does show the differences this redeco has to the original and its sound phrases. We have embedded the video below for your convenience.

Does this review change your mind about this figure? What would you like to see as an Encore release next? More show accurate redecos? Or more items like the forthcoming Unicron of Light? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:49 am

Beast Wars Returns style packaging! Called it!

And goofy new voice clips in reflection of the Beast Wars Returns Japanese dub, in particular referencing the goofy chanting that was spoken over the theme song in Episode 14.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby PerfectVision » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:55 pm

His eyes aren't blue? :(
PerfectVision
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 APR238111 2D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D 0124IM241 Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr C Image Comics 1223IM857 (CA) Milana"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 4C 0224IM257 (CA) Burnham + Reber"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #286 Cvr B IDW Comics JUL210466 286B Sanchez 220920"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 301B 0923IM336 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON