This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Bumblebee: Movie Prequel Comic: From Cybertron with Love Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Bumblebee: Movie Prequel Comic: From Cybertron with Love Thread

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
In the June Solicitations for comics being release by IDW Publishing this summer, we had information - but no cover art, see here - about a new Bumblebee live-action spin-off movie prequel comic, courtesy of the minds and hands of John Barber and Andrew Griffith and aimed at a younger audience. Thanks to the Penguin Randomhouse site, we now have both a cover (possibly temporary however), a title (From Cybertron with Love), and more information on the plot of this movie prequel.

Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion thread!

Fan-favorite Autobot Bumblebee is recruited for a top secret mission, and 1960s London won’t know what hit it when this robot in disguise goes undercover.

It’s high-tech, high-octane, high-clearance spy hijinks in From Cybertron with Love.

Some call him Goldfender, but the name’s Bee… Bumblebee. On loan to MI6 and teamed with a human partner, Bee’s trapped in the middle of a Cold War plot to disrupt British Secret Intelligence. But when their base is destroyed from within, it’s up to Bee to discover if there’s a traitor in their midst…and, in the spy world, allegiances can change just as easily as a Cybertronian.

From long-time Transformers writer and British super spy aficionado John Barber (Optimus Prime, Action Man), From Cybertron With Love is the official prequel to the new Bumblebee film, in theaters December 2018.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers and Hasbro Universe Comics Solicitations for June 2018

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Oh cool, IDW might finally get a bit more of my money again cos I've missed the tie-in comics they used to do for the movies. They were my fave modern TF comics. :)

heh, Goldfender... that amuses me more than it probably should.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Agent 53 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:12 pm

What's sticking out to me, and may just be because he hasn't 'officially' been revealed yet in his new appearance and this is just a placeholder, but the Bee on the cover is TLK, or his 2017 body, as opposed to his new Beetle body. If this is a prequel to his movie, set in 1984, they could've at least used his old 74 camaro from the first film or 67 camaro from his AOE high octane body. Either would've been closer in age and the 74 body presumably got new art recently, for the Studio series toy.
And yes I know this is silly and doesn't matter, I've seen way more irrelevant discussions on forums like these, don't judge ,me!
Agent 53
Minibot

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Agent 53 wrote: don't judge ,me!

This is the internet. You're always being judged by somebody. :P
I'm judging you for that random comma. :D
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Ig89ninja » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Agent 53 wrote:What's sticking out to me, and may just be because he hasn't 'officially' been revealed yet in his new appearance and this is just a placeholder, but the Bee on the cover is TLK, or his 2017 body, as opposed to his new Beetle body. If this is a prequel to his movie, set in 1984, they could've at least used his old 74 camaro from the first film or 67 camaro from his AOE high octane body. Either would've been closer in age and the 74 body presumably got new art recently, for the Studio series toy.
And yes I know this is silly and doesn't matter, I've seen way more irrelevant discussions on forums like these, don't judge ,me!

Judgy judgy judge, judge :lol:
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Postby TulioDude » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I'm excited for this.Movie comics that take place before the movies alwasy been a joy.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby budmaloney » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
Is it possible that the Bumblebee movie starts off as a prequel and then catches it up to post TLK? Or has it been confirmed it's 100% prequel?
I have a bad habit of not replying on time....you've been warned
budmaloney
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Cover Revealed for IDW Transformers Bumblebee Movie Prequel Comic

Postby Va'al » Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have another update for the Bumblebee movie prequel comic, which sees the reunion of John Barber and Andrew Griffith, with Priscilla Tramontano on colours, on a movie piece of work, in the form of the actual cover for From Cybertron with Love!

The cover is an homage to the theme of the book, and a call back to the pulp-style paperbacks with a noir/crime/spy thriller of past publications - though no artist is currently credited UPDATE: The artist is Sara Pitre Durocher! - and you can check it out below. Will you be picking this up, even if you're not planning on watching the movie in December?

About Transformers Bumblebee Movie Prequel: From Cybertron With Love

Fan-favorite Autobot Bumblebee is recruited for a top secret mission, and 1960s London won’t know what hit it when this robot in disguise goes undercover.

It’s high-tech, high-octane, high-clearance spy hijinks in From Cybertron with Love.

Some call him Goldfender, but the name’s Bee… Bumblebee. On loan to MI6 and teamed with a human partner, Bee’s trapped in the middle of a Cold War plot to disrupt British Secret Intelligence. But when their base is destroyed from within, it’s up to Bee to discover if there’s a traitor in their midst…and, in the spy world, allegiances can change just as easily as a Cybertronian.

From long-time Transformers writer and British super spy aficionado John Barber (Optimus Prime, Action Man), From Cybertron With Love is the official prequel to the new Bumblebee film, in theaters December 2018.

Product Details
Paperback | $14.99
Published by IDW Publishing
Oct 02, 2018 | 96 Pages | 6-5/8 x 10-3/16 | ISBN 9781684052295

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri May 18, 2018 2:57 am

Weird. Is that Bee's actual face in the movie? Half movie/half G1?

14.99? It's more of a graphic novel then?

ah whatever i'm just glad to see a movieverse comic again.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 18, 2018 3:21 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Yup it's got 96 pages so it's a prequel graphic novel. Interesting premise, I guess bee has been majorly distracted from looking for the all spark. Can't blame him from wanting some fun
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby dragons » Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 am

All ways look forward to movie books disappointing new fans of transformers don’t read comics we will wait and see bumblebee face look like in movie from trailer to know for sure
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Randomhero » Fri May 18, 2018 6:18 am

dragons wrote:All ways look forward to movie books disappointing new fans of transformers don’t read comics we will wait and see bumblebee face look like in movie from trailer to know for sure

I know my spelling is sometimes bad but Jesus I at least I know where to put a period in a sentence.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Rodimus Knight » Fri May 18, 2018 6:24 am

This cover actually looks pretty cool to me. I may have to take a look at it when it comes out.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby ScottyP » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
We had to take down an image of his actual movie appearance some time ago. It wasn't this face, much closer to his '07 look :/
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri May 18, 2018 7:48 am

No interest in reading that Bumblebee comic but the cover would make a nice poster.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
He has a mouth.

WHY DOES HE HAVE A MOUTH?!

At least he won’t look like that in the movie.

EDIT: that shadowy figure on the right may actually be an Autobot because the one on the left is totally Bee.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 51
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby What's Crackin'? » Fri May 18, 2018 10:08 am

Motto: "Sometimes size doesn't matter."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Other than the fact that Bumblebee has a mouth... which is a bit odd... I really love the look of this comic and will 100% be buying it when it comes out. Hopefully it gives some insight into HotRod's and Bee's friendship. TF5 dropped the ball on that. Fingers crossed for an epic Barricade vs Bee fight!
What's Crackin'?
Micromaster
News Credits: 8
Watch What's Crackin'? on YouTube
Alt Mode: MINI Cooper Hardtop
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Deathsaurus1 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 pm

Randomhero wrote:
dragons wrote:All ways look forward to movie books disappointing new fans of transformers don’t read comics we will wait and see bumblebee face look like in movie from trailer to know for sure

I know my spelling is sometimes bad but Jesus I at least I know where to put a period in a sentence.

I think dragon's is a youngling :-?
Deathsaurus1
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Galactic Prime » Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Randomhero wrote:

But apparently you don't know what a comma is :P :-D :-D :-D
Galactic Prime
Fuzor

Postby Ultra Markus » Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons

wouldn't this bumblebee predate the bumblebee movie therfore thats the face hes always had
Wartime-Bumblebee-in-Transformers-The-Last-Knight.jpg
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ultra Markus wrote:

wouldn't this bumblebee predate the bumblebee movie therfore thats the face hes always had
Wartime-Bumblebee-in-Transformers-The-Last-Knight.jpg

You are assuming these films make any sense, haha.

Anyways, we know what this bumblebee will look like and it does look a bit like that. You can all see what he will look like in the film witha quick google search, its the first result that comes up
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bumblebee+movie+robot+mode
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby WreckerJack » Sat May 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Just what we needed, more Bumblebee! Am I rite?

In all seriousness the cover reminds me of Hearts of Steel (Which I STILL need to read.) It looks mildly interesting but with all of the books and comics I plan to read this is a pass. If I get the opportunity to read it - say a friend of mine buys it or I see it at the library I will probably give it a read though.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Bronzewolf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
Bumblebee is big news today, with a new trailer and poster for the upcoming spin off film dropping today, but there is another side to the new movie: The comics! Two new covers for the prequel comic have been revealed, one a B cover by Fico Ossio and the other a black and white retailer exclusive cover by Andrew Griffith. While it was previously announced that this series would be released as a large graphic novel, these seem to indicate it will be released in a $4 individual issue format, as well!
Both covers feature a 1960's spy movie theme, with one cover depicting Bee as an 1962 Aston Martin DB4 Zagato, as opposed to the Aston Martin DB5 James Bond famously drove, and then the other shows him as a modified DB5-esque car. The woman on both covers also seems to have a familiar pistol in her hand. Take a look at both covers below, and tell us in the comments if you're excited for this new prequel comic!

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Courage: 6

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Dunno much about cars so I tried to find that Austen Martin on google. I find it ironic that Knockout was an Austen Martin in Transformers Prime and he was supposed to be Bumblebee's rival. Though of course this is IDW and a more classic model of Austen Martin. Though in the new movie trailer he appears to be a bug.

WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Bronzewolf » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
So the DB4 Zagato is an exceedingly rare car, only a handful were made. Originals can go for nearly $20 Million dollars. There are a couple race car versions that are even more valuable then that. They also happen to be my favorite car of all time, so I've been screaming with excitement since I saw this cover. I never thought in a million years that a TF would have this altmode. :-D Down below, the top two photos are DB4 Zagatos from the front, (the black and white one is my photo!) And then below that is the DB5, the car James Bond drove. You can tell the color cover was drawn around the Zagato in the details. Shape of the headlights, round body, drawn out grill, etc. The car in the black and white cover is sort of a made up amalgamation of several old British cars, primarily a DB5.

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Courage: 6

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON