This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HMW Campaign for Cybertron, Special Event: The Battle of the Legends. Starts mission #36130!

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Re: HMW Campaign for Cybertron, Special Event: The Battle of the Legends. Starts mission #36130!

Postby Optimus_Prime007 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Motto: "Prime...Optimus Prime"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sustain wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:But how many of them count for this contest?

The Autobots as a whole have 186 kills in missions ending in five or zero.

You my dear wolf have have made 7 kills, but only 1 was in a valid mission.

I probably have more repairs than kills...due to actually finding valid missions.
Master Of Ownage
Optimus_Prime007
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: HMW Campaign for Cybertron, Special Event: The Battle of the Legends. Starts mission #36130!

Postby -Soundwave- » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:37 pm

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my Audios.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Couldn't say about the repairs, but your on half. Meaning 8 kills 4 valid.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So does that mean there is 26 autobot commanders actively fighting in this event? If that's the case then who are the nails that Red keeps reporting on?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby palmcd » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm

active
palmcd
Mini-Con

Postby -Soundwave- » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my Audios.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
ZeroWolf wrote:So does that mean there is 26 autobot commanders actively fighting in this event? If that's the case then who are the nails that Red keeps reporting on?

Red is using the NAIL as mission that end in five or zero but don't count. Not enough players or whatever the reason causing it to be invalid.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Psychout » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Weapon: Black Magic
INTERLUDE!

For 15 years, Heavy Metal War has been a part of Seibertron.com, through both good and bad, this little game has brought together transformers fans on both sides of the war and given pleasure and pain in equal measure.

To celebrate this amazing achievement, during this tourney we will be looking back over the 4 main ‘eras’ of the game and exploring how a game invented over a lunchbreak became of the longest running transformers games on the internet, starting with its 'humble' beginnings...

Like you could ever get sick of seeing little old me...

Ladles and jellyspoons, the war is in full swing and it appears that the Autobots may even have the upper hand. Cooperation and coordination is starting to seep in and those plucky little reds are really starting to stand on their own feet/treads/paws/wheels/whatever.

To this end I bring you some good news... and some bad.

The bad news is that as of mission #38500 the Shard of Courage is no more, and from this mission the Autobots wont get its advantage.

The GOOD news is that we have found the second shard! Hang on, it appears to have a message attached, lets see what this says...
The Shard of Resillience wrote:
The Vir430 Era - HMW Genesis.

“It was the year 2003, and Cybertron was a dark and desolate planet. The great shutdown millennia before had put her on stand-by, allowing her to heal from centuries of war, but she knew that without some kind of order her time was short. Scanning her glimmering metal-strewn surface she found her first champion, named Vir430, and charged him with the greatest of challenges - bring order to the chaos. To help her create structure and certainty, even if that certainty was more war, and guide her into a new era.

The Era of Genesis.”

Very little is known of this great historical era of Cybertrons rebirth but under a shroud of secrecy, it is known that Vir accepted the Matrix and began his work. On the date the Earthlings record as June 24th 2003, Cybertron was reactivated; the Heavy Metal Wars began, but they were very different to the war we fight today…

Vir. (Probably.)

The Cybertronians were slow to come back online and the technology wasn’t as advanced as we are used to. The central mission computer was yet to be activated so the war was held exclusively in the arena to begin with, allowing scores to only be settled one on one. Squad size was also smaller, whilst a team was still comprised of 12 only 4 warriors could fight for a team at any one time, and arms and armaments were limited until the more advanced weapons could be rediscovered.
It is also believed that there was only a few altmodes available to the first commanders, but that initial list is lost to the ages now.

HMW: 15 years and we STILL have Prime clones.

This new awakening of Cybertron soon brought the more warlike Transformers-in-exile back to their old home, and with those came the knowledge of tactics and advanced Transformations. The newly-awakened combatants, reset to level 0 after the great shutdown, had fought their way through many challenges and using their battle experience had learned how to use their altmodes to Avoid their enemies attacks, Ram their opponent into submission, or Strafe whole battlelines of enemies, and with the Central Mission Computer coming back online a few megacycles after the war began anew, these tactics began to make the difference in the missions, but it was many cycles later, with the discovery of Repair in its most simple form, that truly began to turn the tide of the battles, but the results of a loss remained devastating for many, with the stasis-locked losers often left behind until their commanders could return to recover them to place them in Cryogenic regeneration, or CR, Chambers.

Wheeljack! Stay back whilst I science!

What was never expected when the war began though, was the meeting of minds that it facilitated. Cybertron was not entirely about war and conflict, many of the planets more peaceful natives had been meeting for mega cycles beforehand, hoping for a chance at peace, but the two factions began to talk. Much of the discussion was to taunt their opponents, but a united spirit also prevailed. Dubbing themselves the HMWarriors, the commanders began to group together in clans and units to share tactical information and coordinate. Among the first topics known to be discussed was Courage, widely considered to be the strongest upgrade stat of its time, and a third faction that had also joined the war - a secret and shadowy force that would interrupt a mission, destroying both sides, The Unknowns.

'Unknowns' still sounds better than NAILs.

And then, one day, it was time for Vir to pass the mantle of Praetorian and make his own way in the universe. The logs have no record of when this was, and many of his other great deeds in his bringing of order to the chaos of war are lost to the ages, but it is known that Vir’s work is still very much the framework of the war we fight today - Cybertrons first guardian after she was reborn laid a foundation for transformers civilisation that was destined to endure.

And now my watch has ended...

And so Cybertron entered a period of renewal as her people continued to return from the stars. The number of activated warriors was increased from four to six, and with the advent of newer technology and advancement of her commanders, more missions became available, but as the era known as Gensis drew to a close, Cybertron soon realised that a new guardian would be needed and she reached out to a small, talented young Autobot to step forward and realise his destiny…

Wait, what?

To be continued...

Disclaimer: Much of this happened a very long time ago, and most of this was pieced together from old forums and the using internet archive. If you have a memory of when the game first started or correction to what the shard above says, please post it below!

Woah, there ya go! A little history lesson for you all there...

Our smart-arse analysts have inspected the shard and reported an engraving on it, which they have managed to translate from its ancient Cybertronian machine code. It reads
Code: Select all
Cybertron supports those who never give up so *any* valid (0 or 5) mission where the defeated side has 3 or more combatants still counts as a war victory

There ya go, Shard 2: Resilience is in the game, and benefits both sides. Remember: the bonus only counts if you are the outnumbered team and you win the mission.

Good luck out there!
Last edited by Psychout on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I like to think that my arrogance, impetuosity,
impatience, selfishness and greed are the qualities
that make me the lovable chap I am.”
Psychout
HMW Moderator
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Cassette. The 80s ROCKED
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:10 pm

That is quite neat and a good history lesson to boot, thank you :-)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Psychout » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Motto: "This post clearly was meant to offend, and if you are affected by it in any way please close your browser and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously."
Cheers. The next one should be up on Saturday.
Psychout
HMW Moderator

Postby sumowrestler » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Weapon: Saber Blade
Did that cover the Great Board Wipe? I want to say it happened around 2004 or 2005. You also forgot to mention an attempted hostile take over of the site by one of the members around 2003 of not 2002. I do remember the time of four active members and at least one reset in the early days. Insidious might be able to fill in on the overall site history.
sumowrestler
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Lion
Strength: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 4

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
sumowrestler wrote:Did that cover the Great Board Wipe? I want to say it happened around 2004 or 2005. You also forgot to mention an attempted hostile take over of the site by one of the members around 2003 of not 2002. I do remember the time of four active members and at least one reset in the early days. Insidious might be able to fill in on the overall site history.

There's more history to come. :wink:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Psychout » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:10 pm

sumowrestler wrote:You also forgot to mention an attempted hostile take over of the site by one of the members around 2003 of not 2002.

Think that was before my time, but I'm keeping this strictly HMW related.

As Burn says though, there is more to come yet. Vir didn't stay around for very long...
Psychout
HMW Moderator

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:19 am

sumowrestler wrote:Did that cover the Great Board Wipe? I want to say it happened around 2004 or 2005. You also forgot to mention an attempted hostile take over of the site by one of the members around 2003 of not 2002. I do remember the time of four active members and at least one reset in the early days. Insidious might be able to fill in on the overall site history.

A hostile take over? What was all that about?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Redimus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:05 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
:BOT: Bots: 51
:CON: Cons: 47
NAILs: 388

Last update: 28/06/18 08:00 (GMT+1)

Things are heating up, even before the changing ofthe shards, the bots seem to have started losing ground!
Duly Appointed Representative in Chief of the Decpeticon Coprophage Accord.
Second class scavenger.
Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
Redimus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Optimus_Prime007 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:09 am

Motto: "Prime...Optimus Prime"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Sustain wrote:Couldn't say about the repairs, but your on half. Meaning 8 kills 4 valid.

Great... :BANG_HEAD:
Master Of Ownage
Optimus_Prime007
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby sumowrestler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:22 am

Weapon: Saber Blade
Psychout wrote:
sumowrestler wrote:You also forgot to mention an attempted hostile take over of the site by one of the members around 2003 of not 2002.

As Burn says though, there is more to come yet. Vir didn't stay around for very long...

Main reason I mention the take over because it was a big deal for the entire site. It happened right as I started on the RPG side. As for the rest of the upcoming history, I remember some of it but I also had times of retirement so won't know it all.
sumowrestler
Brainmaster
Alt Mode: Lion
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 4

Postby Redimus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
:BOT: Bots: 56
:CON: Cons: 50
NAILs: 438

Last update: 28/06/18 20:00 (GMT+1)
Duly Appointed Representative in Chief of the Decpeticon Coprophage Accord.
Second class scavenger.
Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
Redimus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby DISCHARGE » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/view_mission.php?mission_id=38865
Level 0 Brawl Pit..just under an hour to fill it up..I'm looking at everyone reading this without a HMW team to sign up and make a difference in this war.

---------------------------------------
This mission has ended. The Autobots have claimed a victory, but not enough to win them claim of the battleground.
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:02 pm

sumowrestler wrote:
Psychout wrote:

Main reason I mention the take over because it was a big deal for the entire site. It happened right as I started on the RPG side. As for the rest of the upcoming history, I remember some of it but I also had times of retirement so won't know it all.

What happened with this take over then?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
This "take over" isn't really relevant to HMW is it?
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 pm

ahhh now this I like. A mission that counts, victory for the Deceptcions, and 4 kills for Gore including my good pals steve and Wings.

https://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwa ... n_id=39080
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby steve2275 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Burn wrote:ahhh now this I like. A mission that counts, victory for the Deceptcions, and 4 kills for Gore including my good pals steve and Wings.

thats was rough
one place i wanna fight burn the other is the 9-11(if i get my spark beat so be it)
Last edited by steve2275 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Courage: 2
Skill: 2

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 pm

steve2275 wrote:
Burn wrote:ahhh now this I like. A mission that counts, victory for the Deceptcions, and 4 kills for Gore including my good pals steve and Wings.

thats was rough

Dunno what you're talking about, Gore came out of it like he was brand new!
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby steve2275 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Burn wrote:
steve2275 wrote:

thats was rough

Dunno what you're talking about, Gore came out of it like he was brand new!

so fresh and so clean
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Courage: 2
Skill: 2

Postby Wingz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Motto: "Let the trails lead where they may. I will follow."
Weapon: Air-To-Air Heat Seeking Missiles
steve2275 wrote:(if i get my spark beat so be it)

You get desensitized to it after a while :lol: Bring it, Boss! :KREMZEEK:
Psychout wrote:You have a stubborn streak a mile wide Wingz. Never change!
Wingz
City Commander
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby DISCHARGE » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
DISCHARGE
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Variable Weapon Interface - Stationary and Mobile
Firepower: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MICROMASTERS #1 Cvr B Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 1B (A/CA) Ruffolo"
Transformers MICRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM324 8E (CA) Reis (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200534 24B (CA) Powell 221205"
TRANSFORMERS #24 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210481 30RI (CA) Shepherd (W)Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1C GI JOE 1023IM261 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #30 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Trimpe 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers EVOLUTIONS Hearts of Steel #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 (A/CA) Guidi"
Transformers EVOLU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON