This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby YRQRM0 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:37 am

I literally watched the Nightbird episode of G1 for the first time last night, now I'm way more interested in her lol. Though I do wish she had some swords, the gun is pretty lame.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:17 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Zetar looks pretty good. I'm a sucker for drill tanks though so I may be biased.

Nightbird's robot mode looks great, and the vehicle mode looks good too...except that the "female torso on the roof" syndrome the Moonracer/Chromia engineering has is taken to a whole new level here. Like, you have this really slick black wedge car with Nightbird's very womanly chest on the back. That's a shame. Also she needs some ninja weapons. I still kinda want her though.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby -Crossfire- » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 am

Motto: "Strength of body will win the battle; strength of mind will win the war."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I was gonna go for Brunt, but Zetar is so awesomely goofy that I may have to shoot for him (plus I'm a sucker for drill tanks lol).

I really like this Nightbird, much more than the Legends version, but the absolute fortress on her back is still a turnoff for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Crossfire-

WANT LIST:
*Kingdom Cyclonus
*Cybertron Ransack windscreen/chest
*Cybertron Brakedown gun
-Crossfire-
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Muscle car
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Hasbro just officially revealed these two at Canada FanExpo, so hopefully we'll see some listings or preorders go up soon.
nightbird.jpg

Zetar.jpg

I'm intending to get both of them, although I do find it interesting that Zetar looks more black than dark blue now. Also, did they remold the inner structure of his chest? I'm pretty sure Brunt can't do that with his head (I don't have mine on-hand to look).
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:32 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Nemesis Primal wrote:Hasbro just officially revealed these two at Canada FanExpo, so hopefully we'll see some listings or preorders go up soon.
nightbird.jpg

Zetar.jpg

I'm intending to get both of them, although I do find it interesting that Zetar looks more black than dark blue now. Also, did they remold the inner structure of his chest? I'm pretty sure Brunt can't do that with his head (I don't have mine on-hand to look).

It looks like his drill just disconnects from the top of his and plugs onto the front of the vehicle mode
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 am

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Hasbro just officially revealed these two at Canada FanExpo, so hopefully we'll see some listings or preorders go up soon.
nightbird.jpg

Zetar.jpg

It looks like his drill just disconnects from the top of his and plugs onto the front of the vehicle mode

...ohhh, yeah, I see it now. I had thought that the head had somehow swapped places with the weapon mode handle, but now I see the face better on the other pictures. My bad.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster

Postby leokearon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Both look pretty good, though Nightbird should have a sword
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby mech_dh » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:41 am

Zetar could easily be repainted as screwhead/ Rod Drill. And I kind of think he looks cooler then Brunt
mech_dh
Micromaster

Postby PushYouDown » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Zetar looks awesome-- I was planning on making a custom one anyway (different base figure) and now I don't have to.

Nightbird....is... fine.
PushYouDown
Mini-Con
Buy from PushYouDown on eBay

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I'm conflicted about Nightbird. On the one hand, I like the color scheme and the idea of adding more female Decepticons to my shelf. Well, more Decepticons in general :lol: But on the other hand, when I got Chromia the joints felt... Loose isn't the right word because they holds their poses... Too smooth for comfort? Combined with the fact that Moonracer and Novastar are also in the same feeling of looseness, I'm not sure if Nightbird is really worth it when there are several others that could be used to bolster ranks
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

Postby Cobotron » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Cobotron wrote:These two just popped up for pre-order on Pulse!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers?page=1&rb_stock_status=Pre-Order

I preordered both! Zetar is mandatory, of course. I already have what is probably the superior release of Nightbird, the Takara Transformers Legends repaint of Arcee with new head and appropriate ninja weapons (swords, sai, etc.), from a few years back, but, I can't help but like this rendition too. I think part of me just wants to "Catch 'Em All" with the Siege line. There isn't anything I haven't passed up so far.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Cobotron wrote:These two just popped up for pre-order on Pulse!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers?page=1&rb_stock_status=Pre-Order

I preordered both! Zetar is mandatory, of course. I already have what is probably the superior release of Nightbird, the Takara Transformers Legends repaint of Arcee with new head and appropriate ninja weapons (swords, sai, etc.), from a few years back, but, I can't help but like this rendition too. I think part of me just wants to "Catch 'Em All" with the Siege line. There isn't anything I haven't passed up so far.

I just preordered both as well, and it looks like Hasbro is suggesting to use the modular aspect of the Chromia molds' weapons to make a small melee weapon from the grenades and the gun "scope", which they also call a baton now. They show an example in the stock photography.

What interests me is that these two are GS07 and GS08, and Zetar's description confirms that Cromar will be the last Powerdasher released and therefore have a higher number, probably GS09, so GS04 is still missing. It could be Hot Shot I guess, but if that's the case and that's the last figure, it bothers me that the numbers didn't at least go to 10.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster

Postby o.supreme » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ok so Pulse says Zetar's expected to ship around September 9, but BBTS is not until February 2020 ??? I've already pre-ordered the Seacons. Too bad there isn't anything else besides Zetar I want to qualify for free shipping. I guess Ill be getting this one way late again.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
You now got a good look at Transformers Generations Selects Nightbird and Powerdasher Zetar and here are the questions we got: When can we buy them and where?

Well, we got you covered. The toys can be ordered RIGHT NOW on the internet at whichever place you usually get your collectables like Entertainment Earth, BBTS, TFSource and Pulse. Canadians can get them at EB Games. They are officially due for September 1 and the MSRP is $19.99, though some places may have a mark up.

Below are more images and the official product descriptions.

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS SELECTS DELUXE WFC-GS07 NIGHTBIRD

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: 09/01/2019)

The Generations Selects WFC-GS07 NIGHTBIRD, as seen in the Enter the Nightbird episode of the G1 series, features an alt mode never before seen in the show and is inspired by how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron. NIGHTBIRD stands at 5.5 inches in robot mode and converts to alt mode in 15 steps. The NIGHTBIRD figure also comes with four ninja weapon accessories – one Venomizer Blaster, one Nightshock Baton and two Flash Grenades - that combine and attach to each other.

Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition characters that can’t be found in the main line. Available at HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers on 09/01/2019.

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS SELECTS DELUXE WFC-GS08 POWERDASHER ZETAR

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: 09/01/2019)

The Generations Selects WFC-GS08 POWERDASHER ZETAR features a design inspired by the classic 1983 POWERDASHER DIACLONE, DRILL DASHER, with tampo art reminiscent of the original stickers. POWERDASHER ZETAR stands at 5.5 inches in robot mode and converts to drill mode in 23 steps. The POWERDASHER ZETAR figure also breaks apart into nine weapon accessories that can be equipped to other SIEGE: WAR FOR CYBERTRON figures (Sold separately. Subject to availability).

Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition characters that can’t be found in the main line. Available on HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers on 09/01/2019.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Zetar is truly the hero we deserved, he takes the weaponizer gimmick to it's natural conclusion by turning his head into a weaponizer port, so much awkward goofiness is going to ensue :-s
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Both of these look pretty good. I pre-ordered both.

Zetar is perfect. He is necessary thanks to Aragon in the siege 3-pack that I want, but he is a great looking standalone too. Well done there.

Nightbird is weaker than her Legends toy a few years ago, but she will do. I never got that one, and i don't actually have Chromia, so at least I will get that mold... even if it will be my 5th of that skeleton basically. she really needed some better/different weapons
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Courage: 10

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
I'm definitely going to get Zetar but I'm going to hold off on placing my preorder in case Chromar's goes up between now and then. On a side note, it's looking like I'll have Zetar before I'll have Brunt!
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
This new Nightbird makes me want to go on eBay and pay the aftermarket prices for the Legends figure.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:01 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Hasbro? No offense but you've skipped a number... WFC-GS04.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Courage: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:This new Nightbird makes me want to go on eBay and pay the aftermarket prices for the Legends figure.

Same. I already have the Chromia figure, and I can't really do much with her because every time I move the legs her crotch plate falls off and breaks and needs another layer of glue. Other than the paint and head, this Nightbird figure is exactly the same, and I don't want to have to deal with her losing her crotch plate too. I'm so disappointed. Thankfully I have Generations Chromia to have on my shelf while Siege Chromia can get tossed into storage.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Firepower: 3

Postby ThunderThruster » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:53 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Liking the look of Zetar, but with that colour layout I can't help but think if his black was purple, he'd make an impressive Impactor.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 am

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
ThunderThruster wrote:Liking the look of Zetar, but with that colour layout I can't help but think if his black was purple, he'd make an impressive Impactor.

I guess I can see it but I don't think the arms would really suit him.
Last edited by Wireless_Phantom on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Speed: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:36 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
So, did anyone order these two?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4492
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:52 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:So, did anyone order these two?
I ordered Zetar. Night Lady Ninja Bird looks real good, but I'm happy with the Legends one I have. No need for both.

I am super excited about the Power Dashers. Updates I thought we'd never see.
I love their dumb head sculpts and deco's. So full of stupid, which to me is their charm.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Firepower: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUL200573 3B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 (CA) Blank Sketch"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 302B 1023IM318 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #282 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210449 282B Williams II"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #286 Cvr B IDW Comics JUL210466 286B Sanchez 220920"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 APR238110 2C (CA) Lee (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM321 8B (CA) Galan (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B 1223IM260 (CA) Ortiz"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 0823IM481 5F Hughes 240330"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Guara"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON