This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Well, on the bright side of these delay announcements...

*records the ID codes and product numbers*

Hang on a second... With Star Convoy as TT-GS01 it's supposed to end with TT-GS07, not TT-GS08... :-?

You're right, Hasbro skipped over TT-GS05. Takara Tomy didn't number these so I wonder how Hasbro missed that?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Emerje wrote:

Hang on a second... With Star Convoy as TT-GS01 it's supposed to end with TT-GS07, not TT-GS08... :-?

You're right, Hasbro skipped over TT-GS05. Takara Tomy didn't number these so I wonder how Hasbro missed that?

Emerje

Preparing a slot for Super Megatron?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Lore Keeper » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 pm

I really like the convenience of Pulse, but if they don't address all these delays, I'll be going elsewhere for my Takara imports. It's just not worth the wait with no explanation.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I'm not sold on ER Starscream yet. I like the jet mode but the robot mode is underwhelming. I wonder if Hasbro would ever consider releasing a special edition in the Selects line, with a comic-accurate deco, using white on the gray parts and a blue head. I would be down for that instantly.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Preparing a slot for Super Megatron?

Maybe, depends on how long ago Hasbro made the numbers. Turtler and Super Megatron were teased at the same time. That does align with my theory that Super Megatron was delayed because they scrapped their original plans to use TR Galvatron in favor of the rumored Earthrise version. The other problem is that as 05 it would have been right in the middle of Seacon wave 2 which is strange unless they originally intended to do two waves of 3 instead of 3 waves of 2.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby BW Megatron » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:30 pm

There was quite a bit of time between the delay announcements of Nautilator and Seawing and the delay announcements for Tentakill and Overbite. Makes me wonder something. A week after the delay announcements of Snaptrap and Skalor, both figures showed up on TFSource. All 4 remaining figures are claiming February release dates on TFSource. Will this still be the case, or is it more likely that the TFSource customers will get Nautilator and Seawing this month and then will get Tentakill and Overbite in March?
BW Megatron
Micromaster
Buy from BW Megatron on eBay

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:56 pm

BW Megatron wrote:There was quite a bit of time between the delay announcements of Nautilator and Seawing and the delay announcements for Tentakill and Overbite. Makes me wonder something. A week after the delay announcements of Snaptrap and Skalor, both figures showed up on TFSource. All 4 remaining figures are claiming February release dates on TFSource. Will this still be the case, or is it more likely that the TFSource customers will get Nautilator and Seawing this month and then will get Tentakill and Overbite in March?

The delay on Pulse has nothing to do with release schedules elsewhere. But TFSource is making an error if they're saying Overbite and Tentakill are coming in February, they've always been scheduled for March.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:47 am

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I put out a tweet about that a while back. My assumption was always the Armada Optimus.

I hope they still give the 05 designation to somebody... I'm a serial completionist, and not having an 05 at all would really cause some sleepless nights.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:48 am

DecepticonFinishline wrote:I put out a tweet about that a while back. My assumption was always the Armada Optimus.

Unfortunately the word at Wonder Festival a little over a week ago was that Armada Convoy wasn't an actual product, just a proof of concept. Supposedly if there's enough fan interest he can still happen, but he doesn't seem to be a top priority right now and they definitely weren't reserving a number for him.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:56 am

Hang on a second... With Star Convoy as TT-GS01 it's supposed to end with TT-GS07, not TT-GS08... Ah, TT-GS05 is missing! :-?

I have been wondering about that. Could TT-GS05 be the Siege Nemesis Prime?
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby no-one » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Hang on a second... With Star Convoy as TT-GS01 it's supposed to end with TT-GS07, not TT-GS08... Ah, TT-GS05 is missing! :-?
Now that is some wishful thinking I can get behind. I'd love to get my hands on that deco.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:00 am

carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Now that is some wishful thinking I can get behind. I'd love to get my hands on that deco.

You might have missed the boat, or at least the least expensive boat to avoid 3rd party sellers. He was announced back in September and was the one TT Selects offering that I don't think Hasbro Pulse carried so far. Looks to be pretty much sold out everywhere else. He was due in 1st Quarter 2020, putting him in the right timing for TT GS05, but it is weird that they would split up a pair of seacons to insert Nemesis Prime in between.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby no-one » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:22 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

You might have missed the boat, or at least the least expensive boat to avoid 3rd party sellers. He was announced back in September and was the one TT Selects offering that I don't think Hasbro Pulse carried so far. Looks to be pretty much sold out everywhere else. He was due in 1st Quarter 2020, putting him in the right timing for TT GS05, but it is weird that they would split up a pair of seacons to insert Nemesis Prime in between.
Oh that ship has sailed and sunk. I was just saying that I'd be happy if Siege NemmyP showed up on Pulse under the Selects line.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 am

carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Oh that ship has sailed and sunk. I was just saying that I'd be happy if Siege NemmyP showed up on Pulse under the Selects line.

Now that is where I do reserve a small bit of optimism seeing as Star Convoy did make a second appearance on Pulse. Who knows, maybe they can pull some strings and get a few once all the other retailers orders are filled.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:24 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Now that is where I do reserve a small bit of optimism seeing as Star Convoy did make a second appearance on Pulse. Who knows, maybe they can pull some strings and get a few once all the other retailers orders are filled.

... except Siege Nemesis Prime is a regular exclusive, and not part of Takara Selects. That seems to be reserved for extensive retools and/or figures that don't fit into the WFC trilogy. Besides, Super Megatron was teased to be a part of the ongoing storyline.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:33 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

... except Siege Nemesis Prime is a regular exclusive, and not part of Takara Selects. That seems to be reserved for extensive retools and/or figures that don't fit into the WFC trilogy. Besides, Super Megatron was teased to be a part of the ongoing storyline.

I wouldn't mind a watered down nemesis deco of seige prime, I don't need the full $100 treatment TT gave him, but I do love me a nemesis, and based on the potp exclusive, hasbro isn't above them
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Now that is where I do reserve a small bit of optimism seeing as Star Convoy did make a second appearance on Pulse. Who knows, maybe they can pull some strings and get a few once all the other retailers orders are filled.

I wouldn't mind a watered down nemesis deco of seige prime, I don't need the full $100 treatment TT gave him, but I do love me a nemesis, and based on the potp exclusive, hasbro isn't above them

I still want that one... one of the few that actually stands out from Optimus Prime.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Nemesis Prime's "all-over black with teal accents" scheme does a lot to mitigate the inherent aesthetic flaws of that mold.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:23 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
So since last year we got that G2 Combat Megatron announced and put on Pulse during Toy Fair, and that Pulse Premium extension email teased that we'd get to purchase some of the Toy Fair reveals early, what are the odds that we're about to get Artfire or Slicer or someone announced and made available this weekend?
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Emerje » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:52 am

Nemesis Primal wrote:So since last year we got that G2 Combat Megatron announced and put on Pulse during Toy Fair, and that Pulse Premium extension email teased that we'd get to purchase some of the Toy Fair reveals early, what are the odds that we're about to get Artfire or Slicer or someone announced and made available this weekend?

I wouldn't put it past them. I doubt they would do Artfire before Inferno was released, though. But neither would I be surprised by a blue Siege Combat Optimus Prime or even their own release of Nemesis Prime since it would have been hard to justify Hasbro selling a straight repaint of a $30 figure for twice the price. There's also a whole lot of Cliffjumper retools waiting to happen and it's doubtful most of them will make it to mass retail.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:10 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Emerje wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:So since last year we got that G2 Combat Megatron announced and put on Pulse during Toy Fair, and that Pulse Premium extension email teased that we'd get to purchase some of the Toy Fair reveals early, what are the odds that we're about to get Artfire or Slicer or someone announced and made available this weekend?

I wouldn't put it past them. I doubt they would do Artfire before Inferno was released, though. But neither would I be surprised by a blue Siege Combat Optimus Prime or even their own release of Nemesis Prime since it would have been hard to justify Hasbro selling a straight repaint of a $30 figure for twice the price. There's also a whole lot of Cliffjumper retools waiting to happen and it's doubtful most of them will make it to mass retail.

Emerje

Could be the pastel green grapple recolor no one ever talks about :-?

But I would love a wheeljack retool with an exhaust-style headsculpt
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:39 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just got an update about my preorder of Turtler and Gulf. Not from Hasbro Pulse, but from Action Robo. My order has processed and I just paid the remaining balance of my order (twas a bit steeper than I was expecting, but I realized that that was because they had included the shipping cost into the remaining balance since I didn't pay for that at the time of my initial preorder payment). Now I just have to wait for them to receive my payment (which should be within a day or so) and they'll ship out my first pair of Seacons. :-D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Could be the pastel green grapple recolor no one ever talks about :-?

But I would love a wheeljack retool with an exhaust-style headsculpt

That green Grapple would be Hauler, the Hall of Fame candidate himself, and while he could be alright, I would personally prefer we get a Cybertron Mudflap from the Grapple tooling of the mold, especially if his crane hook, nozzle gun, and claw were all translucent green plastic like the OG figure. I did forget that we needed the Inferno tooling first when I said Artfire though, he was just the first easy Selects candidate that came to mind from the Wave 1 ER molds, especially since they already did Ricochet.

One of the multiple leaks/rumors for Earthrise did say that Exhaust would be in Wave 4, and that in Selects we'd get Hubcap, Hot House, Rotorstorm (I guess from Siege Spinister?), and Black Zarak's Fasttrack whose name I forget, so maybe we'll get one of them?
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Black Roritchi. Which is funny, because he's gold.

Hopefully we'll get Black Zarak to go with him.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:12 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Black Roritchi. Which is funny, because he's gold.

Hopefully we'll get Black Zarak to go with him.

I still don't understand where they got the name from, next to Onomis and Koka of "Grand Cog". At least he has an alternative name: Guard Minder, leader of the Fasttrack drones... and I'm pretty sure I'm encouraging army building right now. :shock:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNEOUS Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Infernac Hasbro 2024 New"
MAGNEOUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON