This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:03 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think Sabrblade meant that the individual Constructicons were mp scaled. Afterall in the cartoon, there was a lot of mass added to the combined form, something that just isn't possible in reality. The evidence shows that they don't need to make Grandus a titan. Omegas rival is Devy afterall so it wouldn't make much sense for him to be smaller.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:23 am

sol magnus wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I'm just saying that G1 scale is a real losing game. Especially between combiners and citybots. So if they decide to do a guy like Grandius ... they may as well make him a titan too. Scale is all bonkers anyway. We can only do our best with what our budget allows and with what was put out.

I don't agree with that. HasTaks commitment to scale has reinvigorated my collecting. Now, if you mean it's a losing game because it's not perfect, well...it's really hard for it to be perfect.

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree here. I don't think combiner height will ever be quite right and that's not even going into minibots or Dinobots. Even if Hasbro's finally trying.

Omegas rival is Devy afterall so it wouldn't make much sense for him to be smaller

But there's also a lot more episodes where he's the same size as the other combiners in combined mode. I guess it depends on how you structure your collection. Will he stand next to Omega or the other Decepticon combiners? For me, since I'm not going into OS KO CW Devy and Titan Omega are too tall.

In the end either titan Omega and Devy are too large or all the other combiners are too small. And all the combiners mass shift anyway. :HEADHURTS:

TBH, if I had infinite money and storage space I'd get KO OS CW Combiners to be combined and let the official guys be uncombined with Titan OS as my OS. That would be just about right, I think. Buuuut .... I don't have that.

But I'm going really off topic when everything is supposed to be Selects.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
negativedan wrote:I've been curious about the missing number #5 for awhile and I thought you might have solved it until I took a look at my packing slip for Turtler and Gulf which read 'TRA TT GS ARSENAL' and 'TRA TT GS MANCHESTER' so I'm not sure if the 5 on yours is actually related to the missing number or just maybe coincidental randomness.

I think whoever did the packing slip was a big fan of UK foot ball. I don't have the slip any more for those two, but I did get a new slip for TT-GS06 Lobclaw that arrived today and here's the description.

20200410_185851.jpg

My theory remains intact, Kraken was likely original meant to be 05 before being changed to 02.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Asepticon » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Preorder set. I cannot tell you how many times you guys have helped me like this. Thank you.
Asepticon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby aronjlove » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 pm

I was going over release dates for my unfulfilled orders. The Hasbro Pulse site still lists May 1st as the estimated ship date for Spy Patrol 3 4-pack. Think it will be delayed?
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ironhidensh wrote:There is just no way I could ever justify that selects pricing.

Same here. But so far I haven't really been feeling like I am missing out on these cool retools.

ZeroWolf wrote:None of the other sites offering it for cheaper? You can also hope it turns up on mandrake for a decent price

Due to their exclusive nature, other sites are stuck with middlemanning these so you don't really get a better price.

carytheone wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Stupid how much extra you have to pay just to get it sent north
Yup. It's 30$US minimum in shipping fees just for a pack of bubble gum. Plus they charge the Canadian taxes on top. That's why unless it's for an insane exclusive like the HASLAB Unicron, it's worthless for a Canadian to order anything from Pulse.
It's just plain ass expensive to ship to Canada. I've shipped very recently using both the USPS and FedEx and it hurt my butt both times (fortunately the latter was paid by my employer). The worst part is the damn customs form, so confusing.

My point? It's not the seller's fault.

It's all because Canada is treated as an international destination. There is no preferential treatment to it being near the US. So you incurr all the costs that come with the idea of shipping internationally.

Asepticon wrote:Preorder set. I cannot tell you how many times you guys have helped me like this. Thank you.

That is really nice to hear, thanks for letting us know!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:56 pm

Thanks to TFanPage101, we got news of one place Canadians can order the upcoming Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Micromaster WFC-GS10 Soundwave Spy Patrol 4-Pack. This are the cassette bots that go with Soundwave, Soundblaster and the upcoming Doubledealer. It includes Decepticon Rumble, Decepticon Wingthing, Decepticon Skar and Autobot Knok.

A preorder for this set popped up on EB Games for 29.99 CAD, which is slightly more than two two-packs. This is not listed as an exclusive, so other places like Toysrus may get these as well. But if you don't want to chance it, here is a preorder for you. Please note, the image they chose for the listing is wrong.

Preorder link: https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectible ... -pack-kids

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:37 pm

TFSource raised their price on Super Megatron from $64.99 to $69.99. I know they do that occasionally on some things that go out of stock elsewhere, but it's odd for them to raise the price while Hasbro is still taking pre-order for $10 less.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Emerje wrote:TFSource raised their price on Super Megatron from $64.99 to $69.99. I know they do that occasionally on some things that go out of stock elsewhere, but it's odd for them to raise the price while Hasbro is still taking pre-order for $10 less.

Emerje

We don't know their specific cost for this item, it might be that their middleman costs are higher this time. Something Hasbro doesnt have to worry about. Plus, since I am assuming many americans are going to go to Pulse, TFSource is getting orders from international buyers who can't get from Pulse, and thus there is no to be more competitive in pricing.

Just spitballing here.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Burn » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:32 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
For future EB Games related news could you state which Country it's for? EB Games exists in other countries outside of Canada, I know how hard that is for certain people to fathom.

It avoids getting people excited only to be let down. >:oP
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
aronjlove wrote:I was going over release dates for my unfulfilled orders. The Hasbro Pulse site still lists May 1st as the estimated ship date for Spy Patrol 3 4-pack. Think it will be delayed?

Maybe, I just checked my Amazon pre-orders and I have no new Transformers coming until September. They might show up in stores early but idk.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby aronjlove » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:38 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:I was going over release dates for my unfulfilled orders. The Hasbro Pulse site still lists May 1st as the estimated ship date for Spy Patrol 3 4-pack. Think it will be delayed?

Maybe, I just checked my Amazon pre-orders and I have no new Transformers coming until September. They might show up in stores early but idk.
Interesting. Pulse also has Doubledealer listed for July 1. Or approximate July 1. But for others with an approximate date listed as first of the month, it has usually a week or two in. I kinda don't want everything to drop in September, gonna crush my wallet all at once :-(
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:58 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Omegas rival is Devy afterall so it wouldn't make much sense for him to be smaller

But there's also a lot more episodes where he's the same size as the other combiners in combined mode. I guess it depends on how you structure your collection. Will he stand next to Omega or the other Decepticon combiners? For me, since I'm not going into OS KO CW Devy and Titan Omega are too tall.

In the end either titan Omega and Devy are too large or all the other combiners are too small. And all the combiners mass shift anyway. :HEADHURTS:
Yeah, it's a real mess thanks to the combiners mass-shifting to be larger than the sum of their parts.

CW Devastator in combined mode is Devastator at his combination-enabled mass-shifted size relative to normal-size TFs, at the price of the individual Constructicons being too big and the combined mode being out-of-scale with other combiners. The same generally applies to Predaking.

The other combiners have their individual members in-scale. They're thus not "step on everyone" size relative to normal-size TFs (note that I specify "normal-size TFs") like they are in the cartoon, although they're still of a respectable size due to not having midget limb-bots.

SIEGE Omega Supreme... He's as big as he should be next to normal-size TFs and mass-shifted Devastator, but too huge next to the standard CW-style combiners much like Devy is.

I will say that there is a way to make the standard CW combiners look the mass-shifted size: Legion-class figures.

Regarding Piranacon/King Poseidon, since I'm assuming he probably came up in this discussion at some point... Piranacon never got to appear in the cartoon since in the US new episodes stopped in 1987, so it's hard to say how big he would have been in it. And the Marvel comics were even more hopeless than the cartoon so using them as a reference is iffy.
But we do have a more solid size reference on the King Poseidon end of things. In Masterforce he was in the same league as Super and God Ginrai size-wise, so being basically standard CW/PotP combiner size works out perfectly there.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:TBH, if I had infinite money and storage space I'd get KO OS CW Combiners to be combined and let the official guys be uncombined with Titan OS as my OS. That would be just about right, I think. Buuuut .... I don't have that.
Myself, I'd go with an undersize KO of Devastator (easier on space, gives better-scaled individual 'Structies, and it just makes more sense to get a smaller Devy than huger versions of everyone else b/c the others outnumber Devy), an undersize KO of Omega Supreme (once one exists) to have one in show-scale with the combiners, and Titan-class Omega to have a version of him that scaled with normal-size TFs.

Also, there was something in your post not thought through :P Luckily context makes it easy enough to figure out which OS is which.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:56 am

Burn wrote:For future EB Games related news could you state which Country it's for? EB Games exists in other countries outside of Canada, I know how hard that is for certain people to fathom.

I mention it in the first line so thst it appears in the preview blurbs on the front page and facebook. You mean to include it in the title too?

william-james88
News Staff

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:59 am

aronjlove wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Interesting. Pulse also has Doubledealer listed for July 1. Or approximate July 1. But for others with an approximate date listed as first of the month, it has usually a week or two in. I kinda don't want everything to drop in September, gonna crush my wallet all at once :-(

That's why I use Amazon as much as possible. I can pay off the pre-orders over time using gift cards. If I find something earlier I can cancel the order easily.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby aronjlove » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:10 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

That's why I use Amazon as much as possible. I can pay off the pre-orders over time using gift cards. If I find something earlier I can cancel the order easily.
Nice, I'll have to keep that in mind ;)^
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Burn wrote:For future EB Games related news could you state which Country it's for? EB Games exists in other countries outside of Canada, I know how hard that is for certain people to fathom.

I mention it in the first line so thst it appears in the preview blurbs on the front page and facebook. You mean to include it in the title too?

Something like "EB Games Canada" may do. How many people read the actual article, and not just look at the title and pretty pictures anyway? :lol:

Regarding "TT-GS05"... amazing what a typo can do.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:28 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Something like "EB Games Canada" may do. How many people read the actual article, and not just look at the title and pretty pictures anyway? :lol:

Regarding "TT-GS05"... amazing what a typo can do.

I'll do that next time then, no problem.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:01 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Hm... I wonder if it would be feasible for HasTak to reissue the Seacons as a single boxset at the Titan price point for Part 3 of WFC, as something of a bone thrown to those who couldn't get them during this first go-around.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Skritz » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:09 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Hm... I wonder if it would be feasible for HasTak to reissue the Seacons as a single boxset at the Titan price point for Part 3 of WFC, as something of a bone thrown to those who couldn't get them during this first go-around.

I think a God Neptune or some other redeco is possible.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Stupid question, do you think BBTS will have pre-orders up for Megatron of the Super variant?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Hm... I wonder if it would be feasible for HasTak to reissue the Seacons as a single boxset at the Titan price point for Part 3 of WFC, as something of a bone thrown to those who couldn't get them during this first go-around.
I would be very much in favor of that, yes. If the price hike wasn't outrageous.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
I would be very much in favor of that, yes. If the price hike wasn't outrageous.

I think they're planning just that, in the same style as the UW box sets. Which may means no Nautilator redeco and just the sword weapon, no guns or Targetmaster modes (not a big loss, really). That would bring the total price down a bit... :-?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:20 am

Sounds like a great way to piss off the dedicated fans that were willing to pay way more than Titan price now. Limited should stay limited.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:47 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I think they're planning just that, in the same style as the UW box sets. Which may means no Nautilator redeco and just the sword weapon, no guns or Targetmaster modes (not a big loss, really). That would bring the total price down a bit... :-?
So what would happen to Nautilator? Would he be just totally omitted? Or released as a separate single figure?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "YULE B BORED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Season Greeters TV fireplace 2019"
YULE B BORED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOT-T-BUILDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Cardio Clique kettlebell weight 2020"
BOT-T-BUILDER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TOOL BAG Transformers BotBots Series 2 Shed Heads 2019"
TOOL BAG Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDY SHADES Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers glasses Hasbro 2020"
SANDY SHADES Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WASABI BREATH Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats sushi Hasbro 2020"
WASABI BREATH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLDIEBITES Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle ball cap 2020"
GOLDIEBITES Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUCKSIE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad Hasbro 2018"
PUCKSIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HANDY DANDY Transformers BotBots Series 5 Wilderness Troop swiss army knife 2020"
HANDY DANDY Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCTIC GUZZLERUSH Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Water Bottle"
ARCTIC GUZZLERUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MR MEMORY BANKS Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays 2020 tape recorder"
MR MEMORY BANKS Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEMYNE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Season Greeters Hasbro 2020"
BEMYNE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PINK KEY POP Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 keytar"
PINK KEY POP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOLCANICON Transformers Kre-o Micro-Changers Combiner Hasbro 2014 New"
VOLCANICON Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON