This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby o.supreme » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Well crap, I don't know if anyone else noticed or brought this up yet but the Hasbro Pulse approximate ship date looks like it changed on Super Megatron to November 30. So looks like we are back to the normal 2 month delay on TTGS through Pulse?

Weird, I know a bunch of people who already have him in hand. that's sad

People that ordered from other places than Pulse.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Super Megatron is starting to turn into a bit of a headache at this point, to the point of me genuinely questioning if he's even worth it at this point...
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:50 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Super Megatron is starting to turn into a bit of a headache at this point, to the point of me genuinely questioning if he's even worth it at this point...
Isn't it more Pulse's supply/delivery methods that are becoming a nuisance? Super Megatron isn't the only figure whose journey is in disarray, right?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:54 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Super Megatron is starting to turn into a bit of a headache at this point, to the point of me genuinely questioning if he's even worth it at this point...
Isn't it more Pulse's supply/delivery methods that are becoming a nuisance? Super Megatron isn't the only figure whose journey is in disarray, right?

True, but I've never used Pulse before, so Super Megatron (and God Neptune) currently feels like an anvil that could come crashing down at any second without warning (seriously, I know Pulse does delays, but I thought they did e-mails to let you know?)
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4

Postby aronjlove » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

True, but I've never used Pulse before, so Super Megatron (and God Neptune) currently feels like an anvil that could come crashing down at any second without warning (seriously, I know Pulse does delays, but I thought they did e-mails to let you know?)

Not only would I get emails about delays but I used to get emails saying something is getting ready to ship and to confirm my payment method, like a literal heads up so I wasn't surprised. And I understand COVID is a problem but it's not like a person was manually typing those emails, this should all be some sort of automated system.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Munkky » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:03 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Lock up your Ladiesman217's, it looks like we're getting Selects Earth mode Barricade: https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.st ... 5258807390
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:07 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Munkky wrote:Lock up your Ladiesman217's, it looks like we're getting Selects Earth mode Barricade: https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.st ... 5258807390
Ahem.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:15 am

Many other site's are reporting it as Selects. Not saying you are wrong Sabre (that's why I didn't post anything), but it does seem odd, as this would be the first indication of a 3rd wave of Netflix figures, and another exclusive one at that. Of course we've seen Elita-1 and BB coming as exclusives through the Netflix lines 2nd wave, but at first glance (which thanks to your sleuthing may be incorrect), seems to make sense as a Selects.

Just savor it Sabre, knowing just a bit of Detective work, you were able to avoid jumping the gun like some other news sites.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am

o.supreme wrote:Many other site's are reporting it as Selects. Not saying you are wrong Sabre (that's why I didn't post anything), but it does seem odd, as this would be the first indication of a 3rd wave of Netflix figures, and another exclusive one at that. Of course we've seen Elita-1 and BB coming as exclusives through the Netflix lines 2nd wave, but at first glance (which thanks to your sleuthing may be incorrect), seems to make sense as a Selects.

Just savor it Sabre, knowing just a bit of Detective work, you were able to avoid jumping the gun like some other news sites.
It wasn't just me. One of the credible leakers first pointed out the mistake of the wrong packaging pictured with the figure before I posted anything, so I took his word on it since he's been reliable so far and since it matches up with the past Netflix toy listings.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:21 am

I know the box pictured seems to match previous TT Selects toys, but perhaps Hasbro is changing it up for 2021? Has there been any previous Netflix leaks posted with Selects packaging?

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 am

o.supreme wrote:I know the box pictured seems to match previous TT Selects toys, but perhaps Hasbro is changing it up for 2021? Has there been any previous Netflix leaks posted with Selects packaging?
Nope.

Plus, Hasbro wouldn't call it "Generation Selects". They, unlike Takara, know how to stick an S on that first word. ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby aronjlove » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:59 am

So, do you all think this is Abominus? Takara's Twitter has this shown...
EjnprS8VoAMRSTn.jpg
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:09 am

Yep, that's Abominus, all right.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby aronjlove » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:10 am

So if this is Unite Warriors for the PotP line, is there a chance of them doing Orthia, or is she not well known enough overseas? I'd definitely double-dip on her so I could have the individuals and the combiner.
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:44 am

aronjlove wrote:So if this is Unite Warriors for the PotP line, is there a chance of them doing Orthia, or is she not well known enough overseas? I'd definitely double-dip on her so I could have the individuals and the combiner.

In UW, it didn't matter the history of the character. They could release it relatively the same (as in the case of UW-05 Grand Convoy Prime), or create completely new characters such as Grand Galvatron and Megatronia. After seeing 2 repaints now, I don't think anything is off the table. It just infuriates me this is happening now instead of 2-3 years ago. The brilliance of UW was knowing with enough time so you DONT have to double-dip. These unique (arguably superior to fans of these) decos are why fans like me waited. "Brand Unification" told us that while TT lowered their standards to Hasbro's, to make product the same across the board (which it has been until now) there would be no need to wait. LIES LIES LIES!!!

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:47 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
To be fair they weren't lies at the time. Someone at Takara probably had the idea about the Selects loophole in releasing their versions for the niche that want them still.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 am

And it wouldn't surprise me if the pandemic may have played a part in Takara deciding to make these easy redecos of old molds for their Selects line instead of putting out some more extensive retools like Star Convoy, King Poseidon, and Super Megatron were. So far, everything after them from Takara has just been simple redecos with or without some new accessories, but no retools.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:28 am

Sabrblade wrote:And it wouldn't surprise me if the pandemic may have played a part in Takara deciding to make these easy redecos of old molds for their Selects line instead of putting out some more extensive retools like Star Convoy, King Poseidon, and Super Megatron were. So far, everything after them from Takara has just been simple redecos with or without some new accessories, but no retools.

I understand to a degree. I have no issues with God Neptune. It is *mostly* a repaint (with some slight retooling for Scylla), but still a new character. If TT wanted to do straight repaints to save money and time, Battle Gaia and Guard City are right there, and would make sense logically as Operation Combination would follow up from their two Battle Stars releases....

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm down for an animation accurate Abominus set. It's like Unite Warriors has come back. While Volcanicus is far less exciting because we know were getting better Dinobot figures in the not too distant future (Studio Series '86), Abominus inches us closer to the possibility of getting an official "Firestormer" set. Maybe we'll get a few figures of overlooked characters from Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors like Sideswipe or Hoist? Or, even better, how about a proper "Megascream" with Thundercracker, Skywarp, and recolors of Dreadwind and Darkwing as Buster and Hydra? There are some intriguing possibilities.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:32 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:Abominus inches us closer to the possibility of getting an official "Firestormer" set. Maybe we'll get a few figures of overlooked characters from Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors like Sideswipe or Hoist? Or, even better, how about a proper "Megascream" with Thundercracker, Skywarp, and recolors of Dreadwind and Darkwing as Buster and Hydra? There are some intriguing possibilities.

I would be ok with any of those, just not sure how a straight up Abominus repaint gets us there. At least Volcanicus has new swords... ?? I guess Abominus could have a proper gun, and probably a more animation accurate chestplate... But neither of those prospects justifies another $200. Again this is just something that agonizes me so much, because it is exactly what I wanted... 2 years ago when it should have happened.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Takara Tomy Teases Transformers Generations Selects Abominus

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron users, Aronjlove, Sabrblade and -WonkoTheSane-, have let us know that Takara Tomy have taken to their Transformers Promotional twitter account to tease their next release in their Selects line, Abominus!

This follows the teasing of the Terrorcons in the latest chapter of the Selects Manga that accompanies the line and is uploaded to the Takara Tomy Mall site.

It is expected that Abominus will be an animation accurate version of the Power of the Primes Terrorcon molds but Takara could still pull a few surprises at this stage if they wished. Given the time between Volcanicus's tease and reveal, we will be seeing more of this combiner soon.

What do you think of this? Will you be trading in your PotP Abominus? Or is the cash going to be spent elsewhere? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Bounti76 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I have much more of an attachment to the toys than the cartoon, so I'm fine with my POTP version. As I recall, there wasn't much difference in the individual bots, just the combined form itself.

So much for brands unification, eh?
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 376
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Emerje » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
aronjlove wrote:So if this is Unite Warriors for the PotP line, is there a chance of them doing Orthia, or is she not well known enough overseas? I'd definitely double-dip on her so I could have the individuals and the combiner.

I would argue that Orthia isn't well known anywhere.

This definitely seems to be cartoon colors judging from the red visor. I'm more than happy to double dip since the colors should look more different between the two than the two Volcanicus (which I begrudgingly pre-ordered from Pulse).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:05 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
o.supreme wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Abominus inches us closer to the possibility of getting an official "Firestormer" set. Maybe we'll get a few figures of overlooked characters from Combiner Wars/Unite Warriors like Sideswipe or Hoist? Or, even better, how about a proper "Megascream" with Thundercracker, Skywarp, and recolors of Dreadwind and Darkwing as Buster and Hydra? There are some intriguing possibilities.

I would be ok with any of those, just not sure how a straight up Abominus repaint gets us there.

It's no guarantee, but things are trending in the right direction. We started with just Volcanicus, which could have been a fluke. Now we're getting Abominus too, right on the heels of the sudden Volcanicus announcement. It feels like a Unite Warriors "redo" of Power of the Primes is happening with Takara Tomy. Those were the only two complete teams released in PotP, besides Titan Class Predaking. Takara might make actual teams for the remaining "torsos" without dedicated "limbs," like Elita-1, Starscream, and Inferno. Takara Tomy has done such before, transforming the one-off combiner torso Cyclonus in Combiner Wars into his own dedicated team in Unite Warriors as Grand Galvatron.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6

Postby ausbot » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Lets hope they do a dinoking and leokaiser with leozack and deathcobra, and jallguar
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINER MEGATRON + SENATOR RATBAT Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
MINER MEGATRON + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEEDLENOSE + SUNBEAM + ZIGZAG Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEEDLENOSE + SUNBE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON