This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:Takara might make actual teams for the remaining "torsos" without dedicated "limbs," like Elita-1, Starscream, and Inferno. Takara Tomy has done such before, transforming the one-off combiner torso Cyclonus in Combiner Wars into his own dedicated team in Unite Warriors as Grand Galvatron.
Though, one could also argue that, despite Takara keeping Cyclonus as Cyclonus, they colored the torso mode uniquely enough to make Grand Galvatron his own distinct combiner from Galvatronus, justifying the double dip on the Hasbro and Takara versions of Cyclonus. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:21 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Takara might make actual teams for the remaining "torsos" without dedicated "limbs," like Elita-1, Starscream, and Inferno. Takara Tomy has done such before, transforming the one-off combiner torso Cyclonus in Combiner Wars into his own dedicated team in Unite Warriors as Grand Galvatron.
Though, one could also argue that, despite Takara keeping Cyclonus as Cyclonus, they colored the torso mode uniquely enough to make Grand Galvatron his own distinct combiner from Galvatronus, justifying the double dip on the Hasbro and Takara versions of Cyclonus. ;)

It's odd, and a bit contradictory on my part I'll admit, but most of the time, I take straight up repaints to be the "same" character. Thus why I only bought Grand Galvatron (and not CW Cyclonus). However... I did make 2 different combiners from UW Optimus and CW Battle Core Optimus. I also somehow justified 3 different Scattershots in the same Universe (Single CW release as Modulus, CW Box Set as "Betatron", and UW as Computron proper) :lol:

I guess it's all mental. If I were into seekers instead of Combiners, I would blow a gasket at 10 different colored Starscreams, but take 10 of the same seeker mold and name them different characters, and I'm good. :lol:
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Sabrblade wrote:
Well they were going for the 2 different decos of Galvatron, right? I mean, I don't recall Cyclonus being silver and blue anywhere. But he may have been...?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Well they were going for the 2 different decos of Galvatron, right? I mean, I don't recall Cyclonus being silver and blue anywhere. But he may have been...?
UW Cyclonus in his robot and vehicle modes is in cartoon colors. CW Cyclonus is in his toy colors.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

New Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Class Hot House

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:31 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer, Thundertron, has dropped us a line to tell us that they've just uploaded a new video review of the forthcoming Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Class Hot House figure!

The figure is a redeco of the Deluxe Class Micromaster Base Air Wave from Transformers: Earthrise, and brings us up to two Micromaster bases on both Autobot and Decepticon sides. Unlike Selects Greasepit from Earthrise Ironworks (who received a small bit of retooling), Hot House is a straight up redeco of Air Wave.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:

What do you think of this modulator? Will he be added into your city? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:05 pm

On Abominus:

Even if I did get the other UW sets I'm just not going to get this one. Not only do I already have the Hasbro version, but there's just too much I want in Earthrise and Kingdom. There's just no room for all these extras.

I do wonder if they'll do Orthia. The characters are obscure, but maybe that's part of the appeal. It is for me.
Last edited by Gauntlet101010 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:15 pm

They did show Orthia in the Selects Volcanicus manga, but she looked identical to her Power of the Primes toy.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i would hope if the do a cartoon accurate abominus they also give him better hands and feet and a gun
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
I was really underwhelmed with Abominus when it was released in POTP, maybe it was because I really couldn't spend time with the figures or I was burned out on combiners by then. Either way, unless Takara is going to tighten the ratchets and maybe change the hip joints on the limb bots, I'm probably going to pass.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Powered Convoy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:18 pm

It's worth noting that there is some change to Abominus's torso. The shapes at the center top are different. I'm also not certain if that Decepticon symbol size is to be believed if they would fit on his legs.

20201006_104913.jpg
20201006_070739.jpg

I've been waiting and hoping for TakaraTomy to do this back since the PotP version was announced. I didn't think it would happen, but here we are. :)
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby Powered Convoy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:09 pm

Attachments
bnr_tf_obominas.png
4904810172086_98bada1215b34d9b9071793c21b10fe7.jpg
4904810172086_946badf505c647949b73e20187f0ad1c.jpg
4904810172086_087f34c719ee4354a58fba9001dc9429.jpg
4904810172086_82ac8fb72b5a4995968df09e3badb26b.jpg
4904810172086_2400aa9ad6c946e1b5eb73c23a343f20.jpg
4904810172086_dabd564011f241b88e1db36f8782d164.jpg
4904810172086_950bb2c914a44ec19a2126d06dbc180e.jpg
4904810172086_77dc7f952ad24247a818208a5da6988f.jpg
4904810172086_ccf666fd672e4df582033f09cfee7e68.jpg
Last edited by Powered Convoy on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Postby aronjlove » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Takara Tomy's twitter has pics!
EjTbvaGU0AAwIPU.jpg

Find more at the link...
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby aronjlove » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:17 pm

I like the combining gun and Abominus' removable chest piece that is now also Hun-Gurr's shield. Not enough to double-dip on this one though.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby o.supreme » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Well that was quick :lol:

The one good thing is this comes out so soon after Volcanicus, not 6 months apart like most Combiners. Hopefully this will leave time for a new Selects release still to come later in 2021.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:20 pm

New hands (same as King Poseidon's), new feet, new chestplate, and a new big gun (same as Turtler's).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Takara Transformers Generations Selects Abominus Revealed

Postby william-james88 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:50 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Brand unification started with the Transformers Power of the Primes line and many fans wondered what Takara would do if it was like the old days where they would release their own version of Transformers toys. Well wonder no more, since Takaratomymall revealed their version of Abominus. As assumed, this one is more cartoon accurate with a new chest and new feet. There are also new weapons. It is due out in march 2021 and retails for ¥ 22,000 (so a little over $200 USD)

What do you think of this? Will you be trading in your PotP Abominus? Or is the cash going to be spent elsewhere? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Albatross250 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
I found Hun-gurr totally different.

The rest were decal changes (Terrorcons), but for Hun-Gurr? its different. :APPLAUSE:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:51 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
These look really good, but I'm very happy with the PoTP set I have. The only parts I would like are the hands and feet, but even those aren't a must.

Now if only they redesigned Motormaster and rereleased the Stunticons...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:18 am

It still needs some Shapeways dragon-head-knees, but this looks about as good as PotP Abominus with that one 3P upgrade that included a purple head (and while that one has its own dragon knees, the the thigh parts attaching it suck because they fall off too easily). So I guess I'll be almost triple-dipping once this comes out.

Apparently a Call of the Primitives head would just be too awesome to ever happen in toy form.

Volcanicus-Reduxus is a hard pass for me, but this set being announced so soon after is getting me more excited for the possibility of Selects Monster Pretenders and Dinoforce in the near future.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:39 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
The Abominus set is excelent news for those who missed out on the originals. However, it's an easy pass for those who already have the team, like me. Appart some color changes, there's nothing new. Not even a giant gun.
Wait.
There's that shield chest plate and a kinda big gun. Nice, but not 300$ nice.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Looks pretty nice, definitely an improvement on the POTP release. Not sure I care enough about Abominus to get it but it's cool it exists.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:32 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
-Kanrabat- wrote:The Abominus set is excelent news for those who missed out on the originals. However, it's an easy pass for those who already have the team, like me. Appart some color changes, there's nothing new. Not even a giant gun.
Wait.
There's that shield chest plate and a kinda big gun. Nice, but not 300$ nice.

I really like the new chestplate ("shield"), but the hands and feet are both mehhh imo, especially compared to the add-on kit I have.
This is seriously $300?? If so, pshhhhhhhh.

I feel kinda bad for people who missed the POTP version...
He's probably my favorite combiner out of all of them, but I thought it was a lot to pay $90+ to get them. Anything over $120-ish, is a pretty big ouch.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:33 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I like, the changes are enough for me to buy the set again. I just hope Cutthroat's bird head doesn't fall off all the time this time.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:52 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Too bad the set don't have proper new feet and hands.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:55 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I really quite like it. Not enough to double dip, but enough to say I like it. If I could get that Hun Gurr by himself with the big gun and the hands and feet, I would feel satisfied, the 4 limb guys are all really good on my PotP version.

I really like the color of the combined head and the new chest, they look really nice.

Like Volcanicus with the swords, I am satisfied with what I have but would like to cherry pick a couple of parts.
Sowndwave76 wrote:This is seriously $300?? If so, pshhhhhhhh.

Canadian dollars maybe. USD it'll probably be the same price as God Neptune and Volcanicus on Pulse, around $185
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #3 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 3A OCT230310 GPK"
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #148 Cvr D 1:25 RI IDW Comics 2024 DEC231063 148D (CA) Harren (W) Campbell"
TMNT #148 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220271 1C (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV220378 2F Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #114 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics SEP230083 114E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #144 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 AUG231414 144A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #144 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #4 Cvr I 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2024 4I GPK"
NEW!
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #5 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUL231257 5C (CA) Suntrup"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics JAN231643 6RI (CA)Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2024 NOV230033 116A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT JENNIKA II #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 Ninja Turtles FEB210477 (CA) Goux"
TMNT JENNIKA II #6 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #4 Cvr A IDW Comics NOV221620 4A (CA) Mercado"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv Halloween Special #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231432"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr H 1:100 Boom Studios Comics JUN230416 111H"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON