This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby Lucky Logician » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Has anyone else seen the live-action Cutie Honey movie? Transmutate reminds me of when Scarlet Claw opens her mouth to shoot a laser out of it.

Lucky Logician
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Lucky Logician wrote:Has anyone else seen the live-action Cutie Honey movie? Transmutate reminds me of when Scarlet Claw opens her mouth to shoot a laser out of it.

Good catch!
And not only did I saw the movie, I saw it at the Fantasia festival in Montreal aeons ago. I even got the director to sign the page of the festival brochure where there was an article about that movie!

Ah, good times...
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Mouth open reminds me of a halo spartan helmet.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:47 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I made the comparison a while back to newborn alien from Alien Resurrection, but it scares me too much to dig up the pictures ;)
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Video review of Generations SELECTS Abominus!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 am

It's that simple."
Greetings Seibertronians!
Prime VS Prime have just released the video review of Generations SELECTS Abominus! This version come with different paint aps than the original Power of the Primes original, and some new accessories notably a brand new chest part. The paint apps also hew more closely to the animation accuracy that Takara is known for.

Do you have this combiner on preorder? Are you thinking about getting it? Or is it just a "been there, done that"?

Let us know what you think!

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:39 am

When the announcement was made about Volcanicus, it was extremely disappointing, not because I dislike the toy or character, but because it was a wasted opportunity for something new. Same goes for Abominus. I mean, I am all for Giftbox packaging (though these pale in comparison to the beautiful UW Boxes). I'm also all for Animation accurate decos. But this all just doesn't sit well with me. Yet, here I am, hypocritically with them BOTH on pre-order...I hate myself sometimes. Also. I know the track record of TT selects getting delayed by many months is to be expected, but if PvP has Abominus NOW, you would think it would be released via TT in about a month or so, then shortly after via Pulse. Currently the estimated release date for Abominus is 7/6/21 (this is the 2nd delay). *Was originally scheduled for end of March, then beginning of June.

I guess it will be a miracle if Volcanicus actually gets released on 5/6/21 PvP reviewed it about a month ago, but I'm not sure if it has been released via TT Mall yet.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby aronjlove » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:51 am

I had both pre-ordered but with all the other new stuff being released I have little incentive to buy these again. If Black Zarack wasn't released I'd still have the new Volcanicus on pre-order, but I have two titans coming so there went the combiner money as the Ark took the money for Abominus. I really like how they updated Hun-Gurr with the removable chest plate.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:21 am

o.supreme wrote:if PvP has Abominus NOW, you would think it would be released via TT in about a month or so, then shortly after via Pulse.

I think there is something else at play here. Every single Takara release (Selects or MP) has been delayed additionally a minimum of almost 2 months between when Takara releases them and when Pulse releases them going all the way back to the seacons.

It is almost like this may be intentional to give Takara a little bit of a head start on their own releases that Hasbro Pulse just facilitates. Either that or Pulse pays for the slowest shipping possible for Takara releases.

Forget container ships, rowboats are where its at.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:26 am

It's that simple."
Personally, I would have been all over that Select Abominus set if I didn't already had the PotP original.

But since I do have it, I'm good. Especially for that premium price.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
PrimeVsPrime may have gotten him from here to be fair:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3 ... o0b2VT_rCE
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:18 pm

That's cool. I knew he was not a sample stealer, I never put him in that category, since he has talked about some other sites that have provided him product early. But I was not aware of which sites were able to get official product before the "home" company, for lack of a better term.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
o.supreme wrote:That's cool. I knew he was not a sample stealer, I never put him in that category, since he has talked about some other sites that have provided him product early. But I was not aware of which sites were able to get official product before the "home" company, for lack of a better term.

In Demand Toys is quite good like that apparently, as last year they were sending Skylynx, Scorponok and others out early. If I had the cash (and space) I would have preordered the Ark to see if the same rang true.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes. I remember Skylynx and Scorponok got to the UK early last year, but I thought it was just Hasbro having different distribution. I wasn't aware In Demand Toys was the source. That is a nice option to have.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:25 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I mentioned this last time it came up, but Hasbro Asia sometimes gets their stock of Takara Tomy Mall exclusives before TTM and Pulse, that's how stores outside Japan and Pulse's region (mainly North America) get them so early. Though in this case I don't think that ended up happening. Abominus did get delayed a few weeks, from March 30 to April 17 and that seems to be when InDemand Toys and Robot Japan started shipping theirs out. 3 month delays seem to be what Hasbro Pulse is dealing with and have been since last year like they did with the Seacons and Super Megatron.

About Selects releases of Volcanicus and Abominus (and to a lesser degree God Neptune), Takara Tomy usually does stuff like this to help fund something else down the road. Seeing as how these two share a lot of parts I'm hoping these will help fund Dinoking and/or Monstructor who we know has at least a few parts in these molds already, but would require two new bots to be done properly.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:45 am

It's that simple."
Emerje wrote:About Selects releases of Volcanicus and Abominus (and to a lesser degree God Neptune), Takara Tomy usually does stuff like this to help fund something else down the road. Seeing as how these two share a lot of parts I'm hoping these will help fund Dinoking and/or Monstructor who we know has at least a few parts in these molds already, but would require two new bots to be done properly.

Emerje

Well, if they do release some more "original" combiners, I do hope they will finally bother to give the combiner legs STRONG and HEAVY ratchet joints so that the big robots don't flop around like ragdolls.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby partholon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:50 am

i like the new paint apps and heads but TBH im glad i got the POTP version instead.

i agree with the notion of a missed opertunity to do a new fig too. i'd love to see a monstructor that scales with the other lads for once .
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:45 am

I'm sticking with my PotP verisons. There just isn't enough new for me to want to get these and sell off the PotP versions. It is really a shame, if these were available during PotP, I would have gone for these, but have no desire now with other things coming our way.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:35 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I'm struggling with a fundamental question.

Why should I get Black Zarak?

When Titan Scorponok was announced, I was overjoyed. Not because I love Titans, which I don't really. But because i loved the character from the Marvel comics. I know the toy represents the citybot from Rebirth, but I always wanted a proper Scorponok to go with my G1 Fort Max. And last year I finally got him.

I was never a huge fan of the Japanese G1 cartoons, the only one I like is Masterforce. And now the villain of the series is finally getting a well-deserved figure, a repaint of the best Titan figure we're going to get, IMO. So I would love to have him.

But if I get Black Zarak I will need to get Grand Maximus as well. For the first time ever, I actually have the means to buy a G1 Grand Max. But do I want to spend all that money when I won't be handling the figures all that much? I transform the Titans once in a while, but not nearly as much as the smaller ones. Or should I get Legends Grand Max, who is cheaper, but not screen-accurate?

Or should I bother getting them at all, since most of the time they'll be just standing on top of the book shelf, staring at me?

The Titan Scorponok mold is great, but I have very little attachment to the Black Zarak character, other than he was my favorite to watch in a show that I consider to be the least boring in the Japanese G1 trilogy. If I got him, my OCD demands I get a version of Grand Max to go with him. So is he really worth it?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
IMHO, the G1 Fort Max mold is superior to the TR Fort Max mold. I got the Legends Grand Max figure after missing out on all versions of the TR/Legends Fort Max, and it was honestly the first Titan mold I was ever really disappointed with.

By contrast, I own both Encore Fort Max and Car Robots Brave Max, both of which use the G1 mold, and like both of them very much. But, with my having both (and with the Encore featuring all of Fort Max's accessories, including the two swords the Hasbro version lacked), I actually have no desire to own the 1988 G1 Grand Max. While the Pretender shell is cool, I also got that too via the last Fun Pub subscription service with Pretender Megatron.

In all honesty, Grand Max is probably the least interesting, character-wise, of the three. And he really wasn't much a rival for Black Zarak since it was God Ginrai who fought him more. Still, if the Titan class Scorponok mold is as good as people say it is (I still need to get it, myself), I'd say go for Black Zarak regardless of any Grand Maximus-shaped hole in your collection.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:59 am

I had Legends Grand Max and sold him off last year. Had I known about Black Zarak coming out, I still would have sold him off, and I'm getting Black Zarak anyway.

The reason is simple, the TR Fort Max/Legends Grand Max mold is the weakest of all the titan citybots, and 1 (Fort Max) is enough for me. The Scorponok mold is the best of the titan molds, so I don't mind another.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:03 am

It's that simple."
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm struggling with a fundamental question.

Why should I get Black Zarak?

If you ask the question at all you already know your answer: don't.
Especially for a 150$+ figure that will take lot of room.

As for me, there was no question. Only an INSTANT GET!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:49 am

I'm just a fan of the Japanese animated series all around. Black Zarak is a dream come true, and basically completes the Modernization of the Original Series Citybots for me. When I got Legends Grand Max, Black Zarak was an unlikely dream/hope, now its a reality, and I don't intend to miss out. My Titan Shelf will be effectively 100% complete. Metrotitan would be the icing on the cake, but I don't expect it.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby sol magnus » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:46 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Shattered Glass Megatron up on Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new ... iant-cover
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10

Postby aronjlove » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:48 am

sol magnus wrote:Shattered Glass Megatron up on Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new ... iant-cover

He looks so good!
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:49 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM324 8E (CA) Reis (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1E GI JOE 1023IM263 (CA) Sorrentino"
DUKE #1 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM321 6C (CA) Arocena"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM314 7B (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #23 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD ERA 23B JUN200583 (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS #23 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12B (CA) Zama JUN190702"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Ironhide Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON