This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Discussion on Next Live Action Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Discussion on Next Live Action Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Tuned Agent » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:09 pm

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
ZeroWolf wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:50 Mil for a Transformers film does seem really low...

Hmm I wonder if there was a mistake somewhere as that's lower then Bumblebee's budget, which was the smallest of the live action films.

I had the same thought. Are we sure this isn't the animated movie?
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby NORDICFROST » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Hiring a low IQ director who needs a translator is not going to work. No hope for this film.
NORDICFROST
Mini-Con

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:22 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Indeed. A quick google search reveals a $50 million budget for an animated film equates to The Iron Giant.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:03 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
ZeroWolf wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:also Rodimus, what was said that indicates to you that it will be a bad movie?
Just the whole image they're projecting right now. And I'm saying this about both the announced so far projects. Seems like they have a certain message in mind which started with the Bumblebee movie and is continued here. I did end up seeing that film and it was a wash for me, so I have no hopes for these. I'm happy so see we're getting away from the Bay versions, less military focus is better, but less human focus would also be better.

A certain message in mind?
Yes. Seems like they're taking the same road Disney is taking with their new movies and shows.
Also we're never going to get less human focused movie other then the cgi prequel they're doing. That's just the nature of the Beast at the moment.
Just because it's the less horrible of 2 choices that doesn't make it good quality. But we'll see, I guess. I just know I'm tired if the stories being centered on people. If the Bumblebee movie he less human time and more Bee and Cons time, it would have been pretty good. I certainly didn't miss all the Bay circus.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Brokebot » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Motto: "I've waited 30 years for a Dinobot combiner, and this is what I get?"
Weapon: Sword of Fury

Hand puppets and stop-motion with the toys. It'll be great. >:oP
Brokebot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Something else
Strength: 6
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 10
Skill: Infinity

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Brokebot wrote:

Hand puppets and stop-motion with the toys. It'll be great. >:oP

You damn ninja! [-(
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Deadput » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:41 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Ah yeah this film is going to suck so much with all that information we know about the film...

Ah...yeah, there's little to no confirmed/official information about this movie to make any kind of reasonable guess on how it's going to be one way or another.

If it's live action, it's going to have humans in it and that will be the reality for the rest of our life spans, also I personally would like to get back to Earth and have some good human/Transformer interactions since the last several years of Transformers media has literally just been almost entirely Transformers in boring situations that can be accomplished by any human character.

Cyberverse didn't have them in any important capacity, same with the Battlegrounds game.

The mediocre Transformers Netflix stuff which further proves that Cybertron is best as a background set piece instead of a main location because Cybertron as a planet is so dull at this point and needs a major revamp like having different biomes or something.

The new IDW continuity which is also pretty dull although has interesting concepts like actually having other species around.

Literally the kids show has been the most interesting/entertaining thing.

The only hope for some people is an animated only Cybertron film, which is probably not even going to be what anybody would want anyways and likely a rehash of the same old Cybertron backstories we have been getting, why is it that almost every single Cybertron origin story is almost entirely the same regardless of the series it's part of? I don't even want a Cybertron movie unless people actually do something interesting and new with the setting and premise.

Just wait and see, that's all anybody has to do, wait for a trailer or wait for a review, there is no flawless or magical director/actor that is going to magically make the next Transformers film the greatest thing ever, at best expect a MCU type movie.

Director/Actor that isn't that good of a person? Yeah that sucks, but does it actually matter in the end in regards to the actual film as long as they do their job competently?
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Deadput wrote:also I personally would like to get back to Earth and have some good human/Transformer interactions since the last several years of Transformers media has literally just been almost entirely Transformers in boring situations that can be accomplished by any human character.

Cyberverse didn't have them in any important capacity, same with the Battlegrounds game.

The mediocre Transformers Netflix stuff which further proves that Cybertron is best as a background set piece instead of a main location because Cybertron as a planet is so dull at this point and needs a major revamp like having different biomes or something.

The new IDW continuity which is also pretty dull although has interesting concepts like actually having other species around.

Literally the kids show has been the most interesting/entertaining thing.
Rescue Bots Academy?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Deadput » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:46 pm

Legit forgot about that show but to be fair I also haven't watched it like the other one so I can't make a comment there.

I just miss characters like Spike/Sparkplug/Carly/Chip or Sari who were likeable characters on par if not even more so than many Transformers.

Heck I even enjoyed some of the humans in previous films like Epps/Lennox/Simmons
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Deadput wrote:Legit forgot about that show but to be fair I also haven't watched it like the other one so I can't make a comment there.

I just miss characters like Spike/Sparkplug/Carly/Chip or Sari who were likeable characters on par if not even more so than many Transformers.

Heck I even enjoyed some of the humans in previous films like Epps/Lennox/Simmons
The first Rescue Bots show had some of the best human partners in TF cartoon history.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:10 pm

Sabrblade wrote:The first Rescue Bots show had some of the best human partners in TF cartoon history.

It did and their among the human characters I like amongst a few select others here and there, but that show is also not a recent one either.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby First-Aid » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:23 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The first Rescue Bots show had some of the best human partners in TF cartoon history.

It did and their among the human characters I like amongst a few select others here and there, but that show is also not a recent one either.

Sorry, Raf, Mike, and Jack take the cake. Sari is second to this group.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 pm

It's that simple."
First-Aid wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Call it blasphemy, but I wouldn't mind a live action movie heavily inspired by Animated. Make it a stand alone trilogy for perfection. Like Movie 1 would be Season 1, Movie 2 is season 2, and the final 3rd movie would be the Lost Chapter that can finally be told.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:51 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Call it blasphemy, but I wouldn't mind a live action movie heavily inspired by Animated. Make it a stand alone trilogy for perfection. Like Movie 1 would be Season 1, Movie 2 is season 2, and the final 3rd movie would be the Lost Chapter that can finally be told.
Why wouldn't the third movie just be Season 3?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:03 pm

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Deadput wrote:

You know perfectly what I meant. If you want to split hair, let's say Movie 1 is half of what was done in Animated minus the fluff. Movie 2 is the second half. Movie 3 is what was planned but never made.

Is that clearer?

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Deadput wrote:

You know perfectly what I meant. If you want to split hair, let's say Movie 1 is half of what was done in Animated minus the fluff. Movie 2 is the second half. Movie 3 is what was planned but never made.

Is that clearer?
You wouldn't want the climax of the first film to be that epic return of Megatron from the first season's finale?

If you want a Season 4 movie, just add one more to make it a quadrilogy. Problem solved. ;)^

(in the meantime, you could also read Trial & Error, if you wanted)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadput » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:14 pm

First-Aid wrote:Sorry, Raf, Mike, and Jack take the cake. Sari is second to this group.

Raf is a plot device who is somehow smarter than most Transformers, humans and is somehow able to understand Bumblebee at age 12 or whatever which no actual kid IRL would be able to do the things he does and even most adults, Miko was annoying most of the time, kept on repeating mistakes as well as forgetting most lessons she learned until the very end of the show, and Jack was bland discount Witwicky with little character progression or personality.

Their not awful characters and they were indeed cool characters initially but I really dislike them when it comes to how their written and how their developed in the show in the long run as a whole, but that is a general part of Transformers Prime as a whole being a gigantic disappointment to me and in my eyes was mostly responsible for the current stale status of the franchise because aligned failed due to to the show makers ruining things behind the scenes.

Fowler was great though, no complaints there.

Still think Sari as well as Transformers Animated in general blows TFP out of the water in pretty much every aspect besides the visuals on first impressions, visuals which don't matter for TFP in the end when every environment is barren and devoid of any life that isn't the main characters.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 pm

It's that simple."
Sabrblade wrote:You wouldn't want the climax of the first film to be that epic return of Megatron from the first season's finale?

If you want a Season 4 movie, just add one more to make it a quadrilogy. Problem solved. ;)^

Well, I'm pretty sure that if we forget some human villains ever existed and cut some filler, we could easily make 3 great movies.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby TulioDude » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:04 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
First-Aid wrote:
Deadput wrote:

Who dares to put Miko above Sari?
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:27 am

Always Guilty..."
Wouldn't Sari technically be a Micromaster?
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 am

It's that simple."
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Wouldn't Sari technically be a Micromaster?

I headcanon her as a headmaster who still have to find her transtechtor body. 8-)

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Wouldn't Sari technically be a Micromaster?

I headcanon her as a headmaster who still have to find her transtechtor body. 8-)
If the season 4 rumors are to be believed, she would have been subtly alluded (as in, implied but never stated outright to keep the fans guessing and discussing) to being a time-displaced Maximal protoform from the future.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:38 am

Always Guilty..."
To quote Joe... EWWWW
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:40 am

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:To quote Joe... EWWWW
Well, every Cybertronian in Animated was born a protoform. This would have just accounted for Sari's small size and ability to scan an organic lifeform.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:42 am

Always Guilty..."
I really hope the Beast Wars doesn't enter this Live Action universe. Use Cheetor out of context, ala Cyberverse. Sure. Just leave the rest alone.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM289 1D (CA) Ottley"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight SOUNDWAVE RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Roche 231208S"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 NOV190607 5B (CA)Pitre-Durocher"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210481 30RI (CA) Shepherd (W)Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM979 (CA) Henry (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #1 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1984 (CA) Sienkiewicz 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 4C 0224IM257 (CA) Burnham + Reber"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot RI 1:10 IDW Comics (CA) Christiansen 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 APR210680 32RI (CA) Chan (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210501 29A (CA) Malkova (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON