This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #216 "Prime Galaxy"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #216 "Prime Galaxy"

Postby xRotorstormx » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:57 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Hello and welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! ScottyP wrangles up Megatronus and xRotorstormx to discuss the latest reveals and releases in the Transformers toy world and what we can expect and hope for in 2019.

Episode #216 "Prime Galaxy" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about during this episode:

• We kick off the show with the latest figure to be revealed from the Siege line, Leader Class Optimus Prime.
  • The cast also discusses some of the non-G1 homages we've seen over the years and which ones we hope to see in the future.
  • Next up, ScottyP has the G1 Reissue of Optimus Prime in-hand - do Megatronus and xRotorstormx need convincing when it comes to adding this to their collections?
  • Now, we've heard about a lot of new products hitting store shelves this year but what does the cast feel is the one they are most looking forward to?
  • Break out those genie hats, its time for us to make some bold predictions for this upcoming year.

wait...not that type of prediction?

• Moving on, the cast buttons up their restrospective on the Masterpiece "Super Car" era with MP-22 Ultra Magnus and the beautiful 'vettes Tracks, Road Rage and Loud Pedal.

• We close out this episode with a short round of bragging rights

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
|Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #216 "Prime Galaxy"

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Ryan's gallery is the way it is because that's how the original Cybertron Optimus Prime instructions showed it.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Time to finally post on the Podcasts I've listened to and need to comment on.

I'm glad to see the positive reception to Siege Galaxy Prime! That thing looks so sharp!

As for bold predictions, I want to predict that the SDCC exclusive this year will be either a Diaclone Magnus or a repaint of Galaxy Prime with the black in place of blue
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Flashwave » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
See, I am waiting to find out that these “Leaks” is Hasbro screwing with us I just dont see why they are doing it now of all times.

Neither of them really draw from Star Convoy. I would argue ARMADA Prime could be since he has the tracked trailer and is a nosed truck rather than a cab over.

I don’t see a swivel for those wings to go flat horizontal. The hinge I see I think is how they spread out in the backpack mode.

We got Armada Hot Shot in Universe/Henkei

I have those Arms Micron dudes. Wish I had Serpentor for them... :(

the way you described Tidal Wave as the Cerebros to Fort Max.

I showed you my pick of the clear purple Astrotrain pegged into the flight deck right?

In Indy the Hot Rods are gone, hit clearance after Christmas.

I love how it was said the rumors were either Jazz or Megs and HasTak said Why not both?

But would a Haslab figure actually make a sales quota?

Masterpiece Magnus gets the same critique from me that all Magnusii get from me. That darn Trailer. That trailer was designed in the 80s to be armor that folded into a thing. If that’s an AutoCarrier than I’m the most handsome man alive. That is a box frame that you set cars in and on and Whomever decided we need to faithfully reproduce this inaccurate bricks thing Every. Bloody. Time. Needs to be smacked. And I get it, the point of Masterpiece IS to faithfully reproduce the G1 toy, but compared to the licensed vehicles all around hm, what even is that trailer and for the love of Primus can we finally move on to Magnus turning into ACTUAL car carriers please? (Thank you Siege!)

I dunno, I like everything the Titanium did,. If it wasn’t made out of awkwardly placed Diecast and moved that engineering to an actual toy... oh wait, they did in Combiner Wars.

Road Rage predates the Masterpieces though, she was an EHobby character. Came out with Crosscut.

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Time to finally post on the Podcasts I've listened to and need to comment on.

I'm glad to see the positive reception to Siege Galaxy Prime! That thing looks so sharp!

As for bold predictions, I want to predict that the SDCC exclusive this year will be either a Diaclone Magnus or a repaint of Galaxy Prime with the black in place of blue

I would bu6 that Diaclone in a heartbeat.

Well, okay, no I wouldn’t because by the time it goes online I will be at work in the middle of the busiest part of Lunch and not be looking at my phone for the 0.25476 seconds it would be in stock. But I would want to!
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
I never got a member of the Corvette club, but it is a sexy car mode school. Those alt modes rock, and the flying car modes are boss!

If I could get one, It would have to be either Roadrage as a gal or Loud Pedal cause those colors kill
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Counterpunch wrote:Ryan's gallery is the way it is because that's how the original Cybertron Optimus Prime instructions showed it.
The truck side windows? I thought that was the backpack wings messed up, but it has been so long and so many people mistransform the backpack it may have fallen victim to the Mandela effect in my mind.

Post edit:
Here's what I was referring to on the show:
Transformers Cybertron Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) Gallery

And the instructions (scan from our pals at unicron.com) have the chest windows out on the side:

Flashwave wrote:We got Armada Hot Shot in Universe/Henkei
Subconscious blocked memory of it during the discussion because that was a bad toy. It was close to good and I liked the sculpt work but man, it's just not fun.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:40 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
ScottyP wrote:
Subconscious blocked memory of it during the discussion because that was a bad toy. It was close to good and I liked the sculpt work but man, it's just not fun.

But hey, it came with a Minicon! Hyuck hyuck

The Takara improvements did help. I passed on the toy initially because of the reviews but I did end up with Dion.
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby megatronus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:12 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Flashwave wrote:Neither of them really draw from Star Convoy. I would argue ARMADA Prime could be since he has the tracked trailer and is a nosed truck rather than a cab over.
When I mention Star Convoy, I'm generally talking about his distinctive chest window shape, which is certainly something Animated drew from, and I think there's a strong case for Cybertron Prime as well.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

Flashwave wrote:I love how it was said the rumors were either Jazz or Megs and HasTak said Why not both?
T'was glorious.

Flashwave wrote:But would a Haslab figure actually make a sales quota?
By definition, yes it would. It doesn't get made unless it hits a minimum number of paid preorders.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
ScottyP wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Ryan's gallery is the way it is because that's how the original Cybertron Optimus Prime instructions showed it.
The truck side windows? I thought that was the backpack wings messed up, but it has been so long and so many people mistransform the backpack it may have fallen victim to the Mandela effect in my mind.

Post edit:

And the instructions (scan from our pals at unicron.com) have the chest windows out on the side:

I must have missed that it was about the windows. There was such a to-do over the wings when the gallery was first posted, I remember Ryan sticking to his defense of following the official interpretation of the instructions.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Flashwave » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Post edit:

I must have missed that it was about the windows. There was such a to-do over the wings when the gallery was first posted, I remember Ryan sticking to his defense of following the official interpretation of the instructions.

I dont think I ever kbew thr Instruction Wings were reversed gron the Cartoon. Or if I did, I musta tuned it out.
Flashwave
City Commander

Postby ScottyP » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
The incorrect transformation with the big railguns over the shoulder is great for one thing: shelf display. Frees up some of the room in front of him for other bots to not trip over.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 638
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:26 pm

Listened to this last week and wanted to come back to the predictions for the year:

Ari: energon galvatron and Haslab unicron. Batting 0.500!

Scotty: Encore Star Saber, siege Coneheads, Siege Rainmakers. Batting 0.333!

Claire: RiD Car Brothers and MP Hound orders available. also batting 0.500!

P.S.: Patriots suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109W"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 240109S"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON