This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Top 5 Best (non movie) Bumblebee Transformers Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby william-james88 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:53 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Every two weeks, Seibertron.com brings you a Top 5 list related to all things Transformers written by me, your fellow editor. These are my opinions (just like movie or game reviews hosted by sites are still just the opinion of one person) so what matters most is what you guys think of the topic or list, and I hope to see your own lists or comments on omissions and ranking. Let's have fun! All previous lists can be found here.

With the ridiculous abundance of Bumblebee toys released in the past 10 years, it made more sense that for this character I split his top 5 best toys into 2 lists. We got his movie toys list last time, so this week we look at all the other renditions of Bumblebee over the years and the toys that I feel are must haves for any collection. Enjoy!

5. Transformers G1 1984 Bumblebee (Bumble)

A real classic if there ever was one and probably the second most iconic G1 toy (the first being Broadside, obviously). The transformation is quaint but fun and the car mode is perfect for what it is. I especially like that there is barely no hint that it transforms, with a really nice chasis underneath and that good old diecast. The sticker for the penny racer motor is a nice touch too. This being the toy that started it all for Bumblebee, I am glad it was reissued so that everyone can enjoy this fun toy.

4. Transformers Classics Bumblebee (Bumble)

It was tough to choose where to place Classics Bumblebee and Robots in Diguise Bumblebee on this list. Both are in it of couse, but while these are very different toys, they end up having the same amount of Pros and Cons each meaning that making any of them surpass the other a disservice the other. In the end, I prsonally placed RID Bee just a little higher than Classics. What's great about Classics Bee is how solid he is. It is a great reinterpretation of the G1 character with a more modern car that still retains the roundness. The mold is aged a bit, especially with the cumbersome arm doors but it's still a nice little package. And the boat accessory is fun. I do really like the inner car detail like the doors, which become pockets in robot mode.

3. Transformers: Robots In Disguise Bumblebee

Robots in Disguise was a great effort to bring Bumblebee and the fun of Transformers to a new audience without sacrificing too much in terms of engineering (looking at you CYberverse!). One of the best thigns I ever read was a Takara designer saying how he made sure that he added the need to rotate the waist 180 degrees during transformation just to give it taht extra dynamic involvement in motion. That's great because it is very easy to imagine a version of this design and toy where the robot body is already properly aligned all under the vehicle. Here are is some more love for this toy from our members:

D-Max: RiD Bee looks so much better than Classics Bee, being more streamlined and the aesthetic is one I like more than the Classics. Plus RiD Bee has the better car mode IMO. But there's the kibble. The back is alright, though I wish the wings were a bit more prominent compared to the trunk lid, and then the whole roof being on the back of the legs can be a bit of a pain sometimes, at least to me

Itscramtastic: I really like RiD Bumblebee. He's fun to toss around, satisfying to transform. While there is kibble, it's less of a problem here than on Classics Bee. Sure, there is the roof calf but I forgot about that, as the figure is just so awesome. I'm also getting used to 'Bee being a muscle car....what the heck. Let's put it this way, I have Hasbro MP21, Takara MP21G, and RiD warrior Bumblebee out to have fun with. The others are in the bin, awaiting their fates!!

2. Transformers Prime: First Edition Bumblebee

The prime toyline has some of the best Transformers toys ever made. Almost every character they touched resulted in some of their best retail toys these characters ever had (like Cliffjumper and Wheeljack) along with the best transformations schemes we have ever seen (Vehicon). So it's no surprise that Bumblebee would get an excellent toy in this line as well. He actually got two main deluxe molds and while they both have their charm, I really like what they did with the first edition Bumblebee. Like with First Edition Prime, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper and Starscream, you could really feel that Hasbro designers were stepping it up a notch for complexity in a cartoon line and aiming their toys at collectors (they even came with display stands). In many ways, this is as perfect a toy as you get with a great looking and accurate bot and car mode and a satisfying transformation to get you from one form to the next. The design itself is great too with it being a really cool hybrid of Bumblebee's movie look and smoother/curvier G1 look. I can't recommend the Prime line enough (except for that one major stinker) and same goes for this Bumblebee.

1. Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee

While the Bumblebee movie may have given us more VW themed toys than ever before, we can't forget that for a long time, the G1 toy was all we had for a Bumblebee turning into a Beetle. So when this Masterpiece came out, it was truly a time to celebrate. Not only did we finally get an actual Bumblebee that turned into a Volkswagen Beetle but it turned into a model Beetle rather than a super deformed version like in G1. And yet the amazing designers still found a way to give us the same look in bot mode as if it did turn into that same alt mode, with the recreation of the full car roof on his torso.

I really love that Transformation. The legs, for instance, do give homage to the G1 transformation but with added complexity to integrate kibble better and give him a nicer shape. And Takara provides all the articulation you would need.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Best (non movie) Bumblebee Transformers Toys

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:06 am

I remember when Masterpiece Bumblebee first came out I was like, "You expect me to pay $60+ for something that's smaller than Classics Bumblebee? What a crock!

Then I got the thing in hand, and I had absolutely no complaints. What a fantastic figure. One of my favorite toys period.
I have feelings about robots. They are mostly here. -> https://isgardtheterrible.wixsite.com/rankingrobots
TheForgottenTaxi
Micromaster

Postby Randomhero » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 am

No love for animated Bee? :( just kidding good list will(Though the deluxe coulda gotten an honorable mention Lol)

I used to have Mp Bee but sold him and finally...FINALLY picked up G2 MP Bee and got him yesterday and man...so much love for that mold. I wanted the G2 one because I still have my G2 Bee from 27 years ago.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Evil Eye » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
I have (somewhere) a keyring G1 Bumblebee I got at the Science Museum years and years ago. He's a cute little thing. And I still kinda want some version of the Classics mold, I love the car mode. MP Bumblebee looks great and I want him. If you're cool with 'bee being a Deluxe, he almost works as a CHUG figure.

How's the Elite Guard version of Animated Bumblebee? I know the original has build issues but IIRC the Elite Guard version is greatly improved.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby angtre » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I still can't reason myself to like most Bee toys that came after the movie, precisely those that transform into "bigger" cars, like the RiD2 and Prime ones in the list.

The MP toy instead is definitely sweet: a shame that the mold hasn't been used more often, to portray Bug Bite and other minor characters with a Volkswagen alt mode.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I can agree for MP G1 Bee to be #1. The others as well, but in interchangeable order.
But this list lack an honorable mention part so here's 2 of mine:

HM1) Beast Hunters Night Shadow Bumblebee

RID Prime Bee is a great mold. The Beast Hunters remold up the ante by turning Bee into a Mad-Max like warrior. But the Night Shadow repaint make it more EXTREME and might as well turn Bee into a different character. I love his wild, savage look and he's precious in my collection.
This bee is wicked COOL! 8)

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Night Shadow Bumblebee Gallery
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Night Shadow Bumblebee Gallery

HM2) Activator Animated Bumblebee

Superior in every ways from the deluxe version, this Animated Bee scale perfectly well with Animated Optimus Prime (voyager) and most of the cast. Furthermore, he's the best looking in bot mode and is more fun to transform.

Transformers Animated Bumblebee Gallery
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Zeedust » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
-Kanrabat- wrote:Activator Animated Bumblebee

Superior in every ways from the deluxe version, this Animated Bee scale perfectly well with Animated Optimus Prime (voyager) and most of the cast. Furthermore, he's the best looking in bot mode and is more fun to transform.

I'd have to debate that one. I feel that the Legends-class version of Animated Bumblebee from Universe is aesthetically superior to the Activator version, although I'll admit that the Activator has better articulation.

Transformers Universe - Classics 2.0 Bumblebee Gallery
Transformers Universe - Classics 2.0 Bumblebee Gallery
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Skill: 3

Postby bacem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:13 pm

this is probably more the case of "to each their own", but i'm surprised RID bumblebee made it to this list. i enjoy RID warrior class toys, but bumblebee unfortunately isn't one of them. the problem that the door don't tab in properly in car mode seems to annoy me more than it should. i got him once, sold him because of that problem. then found him again, and decided to gave it a second chance. then end up sold it again for the same reason.

also, animated bumblebee and titans return bumblebee didn't make it to the list?
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
No honorable mention? Mine would go to TR Legends Bumblebee even though I'm not crazy about the upper arms. It's a fun mold with just enough complexity to keep it interesting and still able to hold a Titan Master inside him.

Plus I really like War for Cybertron Bumblebee, but that one's already on the "bad" list so I'm not surprised he isn't on this one.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Emerje wrote:No honorable mention? Mine would go to TR Legends Bumblebee even though I'm not crazy about the upper arms. It's a fun mold with just enough complexity to keep it interesting and still able to hold a Titan Master inside him.

Plus I really like War for Cybertron Bumblebee, but that one's already on the "bad" list so I'm not surprised he isn't on this one.

Emerje

Yeah, I got to keep is consistent you know ;)
And no honourable mentions this time since I have an entire other list also devoted to Bee from two weeks ago. This was 1 list at first that I then split into two, so thats more than enough BB toys to recomend.

Also, for those talking about the animated deluxe Bee, I really wouldnt feel righ recomending that toy on this list. It is a very annoying toy with parts always falling off. The one step is better, as Kanrabat mentioned. And that mold did get a mention in the cliffjumper list :)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:13 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Ah, fair enough. A shame, I quite like how the Deluxe looks, but the Activator does look very nice for such a simple toy.

Actually, am I the only one sad that "one-steps" have gone from stuff like the Animated Activators, which had decent articulation for their size and price-point and were honestly fun toys in their own right, to stuff like modern 1-steps which...well, aren't?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Black Hat wrote:Ah, fair enough. A shame, I quite like how the Deluxe looks, but the Activator does look very nice for such a simple toy.

Actually, am I the only one sad that "one-steps" have gone from stuff like the Animated Activators, which had decent articulation for their size and price-point and were honestly fun toys in their own right, to stuff like modern 1-steps which...well, aren't?

Pretty much, yeah.

I was going to ask about WFC Bee but then I remembered that he's on a most difficult list, so there goes that suggestion. TR Bee looks fun, but probably shouldn't be high on this list. Me personally, I don't really like Prime Bee, neither his FE figure or his redo did it for me, although that black repaint of Mad Max Bee looks really nice. My list would probably replace FE Prime Bee with TR Bee, and maybe place him in 5th place. Other than that, my lust would probably be the same, more or less. ;)

Until MP Bee V2 is revealed :twisted:

Great list as always! ;)
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Animated Activators Bee

Postby DarkEnergon » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Motto: "You can't harm me while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I have to say this is one of my favorite transformers of all time. It's a really solid and thick plastic, and just super fun to pose and transform. The arms/doors even pop out like in the cartoon.
DarkEnergon
Minibot
Buy from DarkEnergon on eBay
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 4
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
I just got the reissued G1 Bumblebee a few weeks ago. It's the first time I've ever owned the mold. :-D And honestly, it's pretty damned good. I'm glad it's on the list. Overall I might swap Classics and RID 2015, but overall I agree with it.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:18 pm

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I just got the reissued G1 Bumblebee a few weeks ago. It's the first time I've ever owned the mold. :-D And honestly, it's pretty damned good. I'm glad it's on the list. Overall I might swap Classics and RID 2015, but overall I agree with it.

To be honest, Classics and RID were interchangeble in ranking. This used to be one list containing the movie toys and I had both of those ties at whatever number. Their pros and cons cancel eachother out.

I am super happy you got yourself a G1 Bee and I am glad you like it. I really do feel he is a top 5 toy even when comparing to everything else we had simply due to the quality and the fun simple engineering that actually works super well to get a robot from such a cute car. And i really like the chasis and lack of robot kibble in alt mode which doesnt happen anymore.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Black Hat wrote:Actually, am I the only one sad that "one-steps" have gone from stuff like the Animated Activators, which had decent articulation for their size and price-point and were honestly fun toys in their own right, to stuff like modern 1-steps which...well, aren't?

We had even better one steps before animated with the Beast Wars basics which were mainline toys,simply at a lower price point and simpler to transform but bot detrimental to style or articuation.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ons/39255/

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Classics Bee is pretty good, I enjoy him!

The little Legends one is pretty fun too, I love the trunk chest on him.

the Prime ones were a bit weird proportions wise, but still pretty fun. The Bee Supreme from Takara is also really awesome looking, if only he didn't have a small issue with his Driver's door pegging in in alt mode.

And the Animated Deluxe was pretty good too. Bit limited articulation wise, but he's so bouncy and fun! He's just a fun toy.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + Mini-con INCINERATOR Transformers Armada Super-Con complete 2002 190530a"
NEW!
BLURR + Mini-con I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Dinobot GRIMLOCK Transformers Armada RID Dinobots complete + more 211023A"
Dinobot GRIMLOCK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WIND SHEER Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821"
WIND SHEER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Perceptor 2002 231209A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Cybertron SPEED PLANET MAP catalog poster 2005"
Transformers Cyber ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SEA MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
SEA MINI-CON TEAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTORSHOT Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s67k 2005 231102A"
SCATTORSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYFIRE Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKYFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 2002 220114A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON