This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
carytheone wrote:Also how long are your days and weeks ;)

https://youtu.be/4VjgwbXfwvc

:lol:

In all seriousness, I lost all track of time since joining the Army. Helps make being out in the field for days on end seem a little less lasting. :lol:

Edit: I may’ve forgotten how to insert YouTube videos :oops:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby bdougwrx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Motto: "I always said you were moldy."
Weapon: Slingshot
Sigh, we already have 2 MP Primes and a MP BB...give us something new, like a MP Warpath.
bdougwrx
Micromaster
Buy from bdougwrx on eBay

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
$170AUD before postage ... yeah, I think I've been priced out of Masterpiece collecting. :(
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby no-one » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:32 pm

That is not a clean look Bee2 has going on. So I guess toon accuracy only applies cross two dimensions and the correct viewing angle :-?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
carytheone wrote:That is not a clean look Bee2 has going on. So I guess toon accuracy only applies cross two dimensions and the correct viewing angle :-?

Yep. As long as you have him standing straight on he looks...well, OK I guess. Just don't look at him at any other angle. Like, 5 degrees and the illusion falls apart.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Ironhidensh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Its clean from the front, but good lord, the feet and his back are a hideous mess.....

Also, I'm guessing Hound was pushed back for this guy.... :roll:
Attachments
newmpbee.jpg
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby no-one » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:43 pm

He's also a bit jowly and has a double chin. I wanted to lead the parade for this guy but his bot mode looks bad, real bad. Can't justify the price just for a cool alt mode. I can buy the aforementioned ten dollar toy that also includes a pull motor for that. Oh well, one less thing. :-s
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos

Postby william-james88 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Courtesy of @Chohenken on Twitter, we have images of the new Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee toy from Japan that was revealed at the Wonder Festival in Japan. This is MP 45 meaning he comes before Hound, who we see in the back in grey. This Bumblebee is seen coming with a gun and an effect accessory. The toy has an MSRP of 13000 Yen (which is $120 USD). The images give a good idea of where the bulk of the alt mode end up since very little of it is used in the main figure's design, unlike the previous Masterpiece toy. We see a lot of the alt mode inside his feet and in his backpack. let us know what you think and this sacrifice is worth the clean front. Also let us know your thoughts on the fake parts which are becoming more and more prevalent with the MP line.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4470
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Graviton » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:17 pm

For $100 this can't beat the first one. *Update* Second look at those feet and I almost threw up.
Last edited by Graviton on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graviton
Mini-Con

Postby bacem » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 pm

I dunno, but it feels like the older mold was a lot smoother and tidier than this one. And was bee's head always that big in the cartoon?
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Graviton wrote:For $100 this can't beat the first one. *Update* Second look at those feet and I almost threw up.

Second look at that face and I almost threw up :lol:

Ouch, the feet aren't bad but that back kibble and that headsculpt... man, why can't we have nice things :-(

Update: OK, I'm warming up to those things but I MUCH prefer MP-21
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+

Postby ilikerobits » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Man....I'm sorry but this figure doesn't look right to me, number one, and number two, mp-21 was released like a few years ago, wasn't it? 2013? That was only like 6 years ago ... I understand Takara needs to be profitable, but it's almost like the company is saying "%^$# you" to all of the people who bought their previous products. We're buying them to collect them, and when Takara releases another figure of the same character that we all purchased just a few years ago, it's like telling us all that we have to spend more money on the same character. Plus this figure looks strange as heck. The back kibble, the weird feet...all for 120 bucks? I don't know what to say about this, man...I really don't think the line needs a re-boot, but it seems like that's what we're getting...I just don't have the money to spend on a 120 dollar bumble bee figure that I already bought a few years back anyway. Same with the new prime. I just can't justify 350 - 450 dollars on a figure that I already have in my collection (MP-10). It's just too much. I'm pretty sure most of us have to go through some form of mental self-deception to justify spending the money on these figs, but when the price gets raised through the roof for characters that didn't need another iteration to begin with, my ability to trick myself into spending money I don't have on the figure goes out the window.

All this being said, I'm sure lots of you with money to burn will buy all of these figures up with glee, but I won't be among you. Sorry Takara, you've priced me out.
ilikerobits
Mini-Con

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
For $120+, I would expect his kibble to pack up a bit better, not to mention a slightly less goofy-looking head. That head just looks a bit out of proportion with the body.

Like Optimus Prime, I'll stick with my current Bumblebee, thanks.
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i can this they finally got the face right :roll:
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ScottyP » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm not one to dump on new stuff just to be edgy and Too Cool, but this looks bad.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Solrac333 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:27 pm

It looks like the designer just crumpled up aluminum foil and called it a Transformer.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:57 pm

This is all I see. Think I’m gonna skip this one
Attachments
39278FAF-C8BB-4355-A494-C90D09622186.jpeg
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 am

Oh wow, that is disappointing. I don't want to be too harsh before the stock-photos come out but did they make it in twelve days again?

What's the point of making the front of the body so slim if everything is thrown into the back? The back of the feet even.

Takara has gone too far with the "fake parts" this time. I look at Prowl and Wheeljack and the original MP Bumblebee and they look so elegant.

Did they rush this for the sake of the show?
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:22 am

Pic from Gamerlingual @TFW2005 --

From @darrthu --

Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
>Those feet
>That backpack

Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby dryxler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:07 am

I agree with the above. I’m not on board with this reboot stuff. I want the new Megatron, but I’ve held back because of the price. And I have the initial runs of the other characters, plus tons of 3rd party MPs. The price on the new Prime is beyond stupid. And now this. Ugly as crap and expensive.
Somebody needs to convince them we need new characters, not ‘improvements’ on old ones. I get rebooting Hot Rod, Optimus, Megatron, and the Seekers designs earlier, but it’s going the wrong direction. I will continue to put my faith and money in 3rd Party figures. My Masterpiece collection is massive, with little thanks to the Takara Masterpiece line. I have a good bit of the official Masterpiece figures, but they are vastly outnumbered by my 3rd Party figures. I am a hardcore Transformers collector, but not so much for Takara/Hasbro. They rely too much on gimmicks and price gouging. Not every 3rd Party figure is great (I’ve bought and returned a few that were awful), but overall I love them. I desperately want Hasbro/Takara to get their act together and give us what we want at a reasonable price.
I have Fans Toys Terminus Giganticus, aka Omega Supreme. The last of the best. Don’t think Hasbro/Takara can top that one. I ❤️him.
Maybe I’ll get this new BB so my Zeta Toys Armageddon aka Bruticus can step on him. Jk
dryxler
Mini-Con

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0 Fully Revealed with new Photos

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:20 am

Can't stop looking at him, because of disappointment.

The front looks too slim and compact due to the juxtaposition with the back.

This is from the designers that created the "Ladder Magic" in Inferno?

I figured a Chibi Beetle would mean less "kibble."

The head looks too round, also.

I hoped he'd look more like he did in episodes such as: The Quest for Survival, The Immobilizer and Autobot Spike.

The bright side is that MP-21 is still great. But the new mini-bots will probably follow MP-45.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 am

BTW, Beetle mode --

Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Hellscream9999 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Cyberpath wrote:Oh wow, that is disappointing. I don't want to be too harsh before the stock-photos come out but did they make it in twelve days again?

What's the point of making the front of the body so slim if everything is thrown into the back? The back of the feet even.

Takara has gone too far with the "fake parts" this time. I look at Prowl and Wheeljack and the original MP Bumblebee and they look so elegant.

Nope, this is just what happens when you don't use the vehicle mode for parts of the body, you suddenly have lots of extra kibble left over and that inevitably has to go somewhere - but at least we can all take comfort in that it looks good from exactly 1 angle, which I guess is the new standard of what MP means >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Cyberpath » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 am

Cyberpath wrote:Oh wow, that is disappointing. I don't want to be too harsh before the stock-photos come out but did they make it in twelve days again?

Hellscream9999 wrote:Nope, this is just what happens when you don't use the vehicle mode for parts of the body, you suddenly have lots of extra kibble left over and that inevitably has to go somewhere - but at least we can all take comfort in that it looks good from exactly 1 angle, which I guess is the new standard of what MP means >:oP

Yes, but the new MP Prime bascially replaces everything during transformation except for the smoke-stacks yet he looks good. And Sunstreaker's not bad either.

This Bumblebee just feels rushed.

IMO they should have got it right with the "fake parts" or alternatively, used the same engineering as MP-21 -- but from a chibi Beetle. (With extra articulation and such.)

Not crumple everything unto the back for the sake of a smaller unnecessary front. (Especially since my favourite art-style from the show is the more angular / "thicker" one. But that's my preference.)

I wonder if the designers feel okay with the result.
Cyberpath
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 SEP200483 25A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS #25 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118C"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2009 9RI (CA) Perlin"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 5th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM892 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231010J"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207A"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 4RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 OCT200411 1B (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr F 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM291 1F (CA) Chiang (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221677 4RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON