This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee

Postby Cobotron » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:You know what, if this new Bee came with the head Seibertron drew when he was 8 (the one in his profile pic) I would be WAAAAAY more into this figure. :lol: Image
You guys have to stop planting bad ideas in my head.

GoBee1.jpg

The high res version was no longer available for me to copy from :(

SOLD!

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:The evidence that this would be a licenced product is the fact that the recent G1 toy reissue is licensed now, so it stands to reason that this will follow the same precedent

I'd consider that a bit of a formality, really, The Bumblebee Movie had realistic Beetles, thus it required its use. It's more like "Not an exact match, but we have a license, show it as a sign of goodwill."

I'm fairly certain that's what the brand team told me when I asked about the Volkswagen logo on the G1 Bumblebee package last year at SDCC.

Isn't one of the main requirements for a properly licensed toy having the brand logo on it? That goes all the way back to RiD 2001 Side Burn.

No, the licensing in the west is not just about the logo but the shaoe of defining features such as headlights and the grill. With Sideburn since those features were too close to the real world version, Hasbro had to have the toy licensed to release it in the west. So since they had the proper licence (which Japan did not have) they were able to go all out and put the logo. They did not need to though.
Think of all those licenced western star Optimus toys that dont have the logo. And I dont remember seeing a Lancia logo on MP wheeljack ( though i may be wrong)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Immortal Starscream » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

that magic moment when official images make a figure look even worse then in hand images do. :SICK:

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 am

Dear Lord.... Amazon.jp is a scary place. Glad I finally found the language toggle....

If Amazon.jp ships hassle free to the US (at least)… they're really going to give the local importers a run for their money... 30% of MPs and Diaclone?!! sign me up!!!.

Just saved over $100 on several purchases (each) I was about to make State-Side T_T
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:02 am

360° turn-arounds for both modes from Takara's website.

https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_mp/mp-45

Amazing..

.. that this was done by Takara.

Attachments
car-360.gif
car-360.gif (760.05 KiB) Viewed 33303 times
bee-360.gif
bee-360.gif (831.76 KiB) Viewed 33303 times
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Up for pre-order at BBTS.

119.99 bucks. No, thank you. :lol: :-x :BANG_HEAD:
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
That this Bee is a mess of panels and a shameful shellformer, OK. But they could have added just 4 more panels to hide the mess of the feet and the sides of the back to make it forgivable.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 am

Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 am

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Dear Lord.... Amazon.jp is a scary place. Glad I finally found the language toggle....

If Amazon.jp ships hassle free to the US (at least)… they're really going to give the local importers a run for their money... 30% of MPs and Diaclone?!! sign me up!!!.

Just saved over $100 on several purchases (each) I was about to make State-Side T_T

I've ordered from them before myself but never got Free shipping, how'd you do it?
Rodimus Knight
Pretender

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 am

Rodimus Knight wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Dear Lord.... Amazon.jp is a scary place. Glad I finally found the language toggle....

I've ordered from them before myself but never got Free shipping, how'd you do it?

Rodimus Knight said he got HASSLE free shipping. That just means that there werent any problems with Japan shipping him the toy and it arrived in a good amount of time. The shipping wasnt free.

And I agree Rodimus Knight, it is scary. That's why I bought that Clear Green Unicron of Light. It was so much cheaper than everywhere else and the shipping was really minimal that it got the better of me and i made the purchase. Its a cool toy but not something I really nedded or would have bought if it wasnt so easy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 am

william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:

Rodimus Knight said he got HASSLE free shipping. That just means that there werent any problems with Japan shipping him the toy and it arrived in a good amount of time. The shipping wasnt free.

And I agree Rodimus Knight, it is scary. That's why I bought that Clear Green Unicron of Light. It was so much cheaper than everywhere else and the shipping was really minimal that it got the better of me and i made the purchase. Its a cool toy but not something I really nedded or would have bought if it wasnt so easy.
The only thing scary about Amazon.jp is how much it dings up my wallet. I've made a couple orders from them. Shipping costs are reasonable, very fast and way better than the sellers (aliexpress/tfdirect) I deal with from China (slow and usually beat up, but almost always free). I give Amazon.jp ;)^ ;)^ prices are good and it's just like using your local Amazon... once you find the language setting.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:55 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Cyberpath wrote:360° turn-arounds for both modes from Takara's website.

https://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/products-lineup/tf_mp/mp-45

Amazing..

.. that this was done by Takara.

Given the state of this thing, this tune seems apt for these images :lol:

AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:04 am

so yeah, it wasnt mistransformed at the show, just shot at angles that make him look like he is made up of mashed up bits. This confirms that is still true.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby no-one » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:05 am

william-james88 wrote:so yeah, it wasnt mistransformed at the show, just shot at angles that make him look like he is made up of mashed up bits. This confirms that is still true.
Mashformation? :-? :lol:
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:

I guess I misread the shipping comment, or misunderstood it. My bad.

I'm not sure where you're getting me saying it's scary though. Looks like you misread something too. :P

I've ordered before, and in truth they pack things better from Amazon.jp then they pack things here or even from Europe. Having ordered from Amazon from the UK and France, I can say they pack stuff worse then the US does.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Promotional video, mirrored by Planet Iacon - Singapore Transformers Fans Unite --

Cyberpath
City Commander

Transformers Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee ver. 2.0 Takara Tomy Promotional Video

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Greetings, fellow Seibertronians! We've known about the second version of Masterpiece Bumblebee for less than a week now. Nonetheless, Takara Tomy is wasting no time in ramping up the hype as best they can. Our own Seiberton.com member, Cyberpath, has tipped us off to a promotional video from Takara Tomy as posted to the Facebook site "Planet Iacon" by "Singapore Transformers Fans Unite." The video first reminds us that we are entering the 35th year celebration of the Transformers and that the party is kicking off with MP-44 Masterpiece Optimus Prime ver. 3.0! Then they roll right into their announcement of the follow up to the most cartoon accurate Optimus Prime toy they've ever produced, none other than MP-45 Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee ver. 2.0! Takara Tomy then begins to show off their latest Masterpiece creation alongside stills and video clips from the original G1 cartoon, meant to showcase how screen accurate this new version of Bumblebee is supposed to be to his cartoon appearance in both alt mode and robot mode, very similar to the credo behind making a third Masterpiece version of Optimus Prime. The video also showcases the inspiration for several of the accessories accompanying MP-45, including a Spike Witwicky figure, Bumblebee's signature blaster (with plastic laser blast effect!), interchangeable facial expressions, and even an I :BOT: NY license plate! MP-45, confirmed to be an officially licensed Volkswagen product, is slated to come out in September 2019 at the asking price of 13,000 JPY.

The link to the video can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/Planetiacon.stfu/videos/542040579640250/

What are your feelings on this new Masterpiece offering from Takara Tomy? This seems to be a divisive issue with fans, so please, let us know what you think in the comments below. As always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Cyberpath wrote:$85 on Anime-Export.

That's a much better price. But it's still way too much for this badly-designed piece of scrap.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Seibertron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Just got word from Hasbro that we can share those images again with all of you. Here are Hasbro's official product images of Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee.

Mp 45 Bumblebee 001

Mp 45 Bumblebee 002

Mp 45 Bumblebee 003

Mp 45 Bumblebee 004

Mp 45 Bumblebee 005

Mp 45 Bumblebee 006

Mp 45 Bumblebee 007

Mp 45 Bumblebee 008
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Masterpiece MP-45 Bumblebee

Postby Trikeboy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:34 pm

They sacrificed sculpt over a door gimmick. That sucks. There is no reason for the side door windows to be on the feet if the doors didn't open. They could have minimized the foot kibble.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Trikeboy wrote:They sacrificed sculpt over a door gimmick. That sucks. There is no reason for the side door windows to be on the feet if the doors didn't open. They could have minimized the foot kibble.

Where would the doors go instead, though? The backpack? It's already pretty big, and adding some more mass in there would make Bumblebee look more like a hunchback than a hatchback.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
What the hell is that price?! I didn't pay that much for MP Barricade, Tracks, OR Roadrage! And they're excellent!
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It's funny now that we can get third party MP figures much cheaper than official ones consistently.
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:What the hell is that price?! I didn't pay that much for MP Barricade, Tracks, OR Roadrage! And they're excellent!

Roadrage is excellent? Her head doesnt even lock in place.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Vanleer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm

I finally figured out why the price is so high. Its BB and Spike and not just Spike. They made spike close to the original 3.75 inches and a cool measly 3-4 POA 4 if the head moves :-? :-?
Vanleer
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0723IM803 4E (CA) Martinez (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM894 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 3rd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 5th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM893 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Quintesson Set of 5 A B C D E Image Comics (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero YEARBOOK #2 IDW Comics 2021 APR210632 Lattie 230926V"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM479 5D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 1B (CA) Liefeld 231208D"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1A GI JOE 0623IM806 (A/CA) Reilly (W)WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM819 (CA) Flaviano (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr B Image Comics 1223IM281 304B (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON