This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-46 Blackwidow (Beast Wars), A.K.A. Blackarachnia

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Masterpiece MP-46 Blackwidow (Beast Wars), A.K.A. Blackarachnia

Postby joevill » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
it's so tiny!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby MadProject » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 am

Decepticon Stryker wrote:Hopefully there aren't any problems like BW Megatron's crotch. Although I have no interest in getting this (financially) i do hope those that do get her are happy.

I starting to have the feeling that was an issue of the first batches. I got mine last month, transformed him several times to check that problem and so far (just some attention in handling the crotch section) everything is fine.
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby BluePhirePB » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:53 am

That as my reaction too but I guess she needs to be within scale in respects to everyone else.
BluePhirePB
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:14 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
MadProject wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Hopefully there aren't any problems like BW Megatron's crotch. Although I have no interest in getting this (financially) i do hope those that do get her are happy.

I starting to have the feeling that was an issue of the first batches. I got mine last month, transformed him several times to check that problem and so far (just some attention in handling the crotch section) everything is fine.

I got my MP-43 pretty early on and everything is still good.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:53 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I got my MP-43 pretty early on and everything is still good.

Same. As I said at the time, that ultra tight catch at the torso gave me more cause for concern than a bad batch of crotches.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby MadProject » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 am

TonTon Review of Blackarachnia!

MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Always Guilty..."
Hopefully with some decent retooling, they can fix this woeful Beast Mode with MP Tarantulas.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Her got her a bit mistransformed through the review, but fixes it a bit in the pics at the end, like how her hips slide up in robot mode a bit.

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Hopefully with some decent retooling, they can fix this woeful Beast Mode with MP Tarantulas.

no. tarantulus needs a completely different mold. its fine to have some similar elements since the original toys were just repaints, but their show models and scale to one another were too different for them to do a retool for their masterpiece representations. would be the same for tigertron since he was way taller then cheetor in the show

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Immortal Starscream wrote:Her got her a bit mistransformed through the review, but fixes it a bit in the pics at the end, like how her hips slide up in robot mode a bit.

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Hopefully with some decent retooling, they can fix this woeful Beast Mode with MP Tarantulas.

no. tarantulus needs a completely different mold. its fine to have some similar elements since the original toys were just repaints, but their show models and scale to one another were too different for them to do a retool for their masterpiece representations. would be the same for tigertron since he was way taller then cheetor in the show

Agreed, none of the BW MPs should be retools.

I’d be more forgiving of Tigatron being a retool of Cheetor, but Tarantulas and Blackarachnia are too different.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Always Guilty..."
Yes, essentially while sharing some engineering, Tarantulas and Tigatron will be bigger molds, bigger figures. What I mean is specifically regarding the execution of the Spider Mode. They do transform in the same way, so hopefully HasTak won't think improvements don't need to be made further down the line for Tarantulas.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:04 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Yes, essentially while sharing some engineering, Tarantulas and Tigatron will be bigger molds, bigger figures. What I mean is specifically regarding the execution of the Spider Mode. They do transform in the same way, so hopefully HasTak won't think improvements don't need to be made further down the line for Tarantulas.

got ya. agree there. but I think tarantulus would be easier to make less kibbly, given his bulky/chunky robot mode and less bulbous spider abdomen. more room for panels really.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Always Guilty..."
It is strange to see that within the first line of Beast Wars figures, most of the Predacon bugs were much better executed designs than the Maximal Beast Modes. Yet, fast forward to the Masterpiece collection and the first MP bug looks to be the worst Beast Mode so far :???:
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:It is strange to see that within the first line of Beast Wars figures, most of the Predacon bugs were much better executed designs than the Maximal Beast Modes. Yet, fast forward to the Masterpiece collection and the first MP bug looks to be the worst Beast Mode so far :???:

Not so sure about that. I still really dislike Cheetor's execution. Unlike Blackarachnia, Cheetor actually has extraneous kibble sticking out that look like tumours coming out f his legs. Blackarachnia at least tries to make it work with the overal shape.

Just my opinion of course.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:It is strange to see that within the first line of Beast Wars figures, most of the Predacon bugs were much better executed designs than the Maximal Beast Modes. Yet, fast forward to the Masterpiece collection and the first MP bug looks to be the worst Beast Mode so far :???:

Not so sure about that. I still really dislike Cheetor's execution. Unlike Blackarachnia, Cheetor actually has extraneous kibble sticking out that look like tumours coming out f his legs. Blackarachnia at least tries to make it work with the overal shape.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Immortal Starscream » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:42 pm

william-james88 wrote:

While I don't dislike Cheetor, I do feel he suffers from being their first attempt at a mp beast wars figure. the full body coating of paint is what gets me with him, because it really does not work well with the figures tolerances. My cheetor is actuall falling apart at all the pin joints due to the stress caused by the paint inside the joints ive already had to glue his wrist back together. heres hoping blackarachnia is not destined to follow his example.

Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Always Guilty..."
Weird how they got so much right with Primal, straight out of the gate.

william-james88 wrote:Not so sure about that. I still really dislike Cheetor's execution. Unlike Blackarachnia, Cheetor actually has extraneous kibble sticking out that look like tumours coming out f his legs. Blackarachnia at least tries to make it work with the overal shape.

william-james88 wrote:Image

Original image of Spider mode

Spider mode properly transformed in the back

You say that but Blackarachnia has:

(A) a backpack "flap" to barely disguise her bot mode legs

(B) a similar tumour situation to Cheetor, wherein her Bot Mode hands are literally hanging out the back. Her hands became her chelicerae/fangs in Beast Mode. The original toy did it, The Show did it. Why they couldn't (with some clever panel shifting) have done the same here, is just down to laziness and the current HasTak ethos: No matter the price of the figure, it only needs to look decent from the front. No need to make an all round design at all, like they used to... >:oP
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Video Review of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-46 Blackwidow Blackarachnia

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Thanks to tips from Seibertron.com forum members DecepticonFinishline and MadProject, we're happy to bring you an English language video review of the new Transformers Masterpiece MP-46 Blackwidow (A.K.A., Blackarachnia) figure from Takara Tomy. This is the fifth new mold for a Beast Wars character in the Masterpiece line. Blackarachnia is the popular femme fatal from the original Beast Wars cartoon series who started out as a Maximal protoform, reprogrammed by Megatron into a Predacon, who soon begrudgingly befriended the Maximals and defected from the Predacons, finally becoming a Maximal herself in the follow-up series, Beast Machines.

This video was published by TonTon Review on YouTube and shows off MP-46 in both robot and black widow spider modes, each form mostly transformed correctly. We see the conversion from beast to robot mode and back again, get a good look at the articulation the figure offers, and an overview of the accessories Masterpiece Blackarachnia comes with: an alternate robot mode face, a set of VR goggles modeled after ones used in the Beast Wars cartoon, her signature crossbow blaster, and a flight stand with energon spider web. We also get treated to several size comparison shots with the other Masterpiece Beast Wars figures in both bot and beast modes, including Cheetor, Optimus Primeal, Dinobot, and Megatron. Enjoy the video below!

The release of Transformers Masterpiece MP-46 Blackwidow/Blackarachnia is just around the corner. Do you already have her on pre-order? Has this review convinced you to invest in this latest entry into the Beast Wars Masterpiece line? Let us know in the forums and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Always Guilty..."
I don't like Blackarachnia. The character, the Sex-Bot design and of course, the execution of the MP Beast Mode. That said, I've had her pre-ordered since she was announced.

I intended from day one to fully support the Beast Wars MP line, regardless of those I don't care for. When the Season One line is complete, she will no doubt be at the back of my display, alongside Airazor (and potentially Scorponok). Out of sight, out of mind.

Roll on MP Tarantulas, the superior Spider-Bot.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby haldand » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Motto: "I'm tired of monkeying around. Oh, Ohbeedoo. I wan'na be like you!"
Weapon: Two Fusion Rifles
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I don't like Blackarachnia. The character, the Sex-Bot design and of course, the execution of the MP Beast Mode. That said, I've had her pre-ordered since she was announced.

I intended from day one to fully support the Beast Wars MP line, regardless of those I don't care for. When the Season One line is complete, she will no doubt be at the back of my display, alongside Airazor (and potentially Scorponok). Out of sight, out of mind.

Roll on MP Tarantulas, the superior Spider-Bot.

I like this... all except the bit about Airazor.. I would LOVE an updated Airazor.. Doesn't even have to be a masterpiece one. We got a nicely updated Optimal Optimus, why not Airazor?
haldand
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Monkey
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Kind of thought the crossbow/grapple part was going to have a bigger feature/grapple line and some how fit in her back. Still not keen on the pricing when compared to cheetor but think her chest and form looks great in robot mode, the legs dont seem to be able to support a raised body position in spider mode but I'll have to wait and admire other posters photos.
A Hexadecimal would look really nice next to blackarachnia but the chance of new reboot figures must be slim to none.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby JazztfLaw » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm

I like this... all except the bit about Airazor.. I would LOVE an updated Airazor.. Doesn't even have to be a masterpiece one. We got a nicely updated Optimal Optimus, why not Airazor?

What's you guys' problem with Airazor? Is it because of her genger? If it's because of her design then I would respectfully disagree as I thought hers and Blackarachnia's were good. The problem I had was her transmetal 2 form. Yuck :SICK:
JazztfLaw
Mini-Con

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:16 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Weird how they got so much right with Primal, straight out of the gate.

william-james88 wrote:Not so sure about that. I still really dislike Cheetor's execution. Unlike Blackarachnia, Cheetor actually has extraneous kibble sticking out that look like tumours coming out f his legs. Blackarachnia at least tries to make it work with the overal shape.

william-james88 wrote:Image

Original image of Spider mode

Spider mode properly transformed in the back

You say that but Blackarachnia has:

(A) a backpack "flap" to barely disguise her bot mode legs

(B) a similar tumour situation to Cheetor, wherein her Bot Mode hands are literally hanging out the back. Her hands became her chelicerae/fangs in Beast Mode. The original toy did it, The Show did it. Why they couldn't (with some clever panel shifting) have done the same here, is just down to laziness and the current HasTak ethos: No matter the price of the figure, it only needs to look decent from the front. No need to make an all round design at all, like they used to... >:oP

Except that Blackarachnia’s show model looked almost nothing like the toy, and the transformation sequence inflated and mass shifted like a ****, so no, it’s absolutely NOT laziness.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Ignore the haters Blackarachnia, you are looking better as we go!

I really respect both her and Dinobot's commitment to placing the beast mode kibble in the right spots, even if it is covered up to match the robot mode design.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Bucky » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Ignore the haters Blackarachnia, you are looking better as we go!

I really respect both her and Dinobot's commitment to placing the beast mode kibble in the right spots, even if it is covered up to match the robot mode design.

Right there with you, D-Max. I’m pretty excited for her to arrive from Amazon JP.

While I don’t think that anybody is ever going to say that her beast mode is perfect, I had never expected it to be. Especially not when considering how screen accurate her bot mode is. It’s pretty amazing they were able to engineer a half decent spiderbot out of her figure in the first place. From a few angles, it actually looks good. I’ve learned over the years that there are a lot of characters and designs that rely heavily on give and take. Sometimes little sacrifices have to be made here or there. Like with any Triple Changer that I can think of, something was sacrificed somewhere. Whether it’s a small one in each mode, or if one of the three really takes one for the team. At the end of the day, as much as I love displaying BW figures in Beast Mode a lot of times, I’d rather the sacrifice come from her Beast Mode. Especially when it comes to an MP figure.

Price point wise, I’m meh. Maybe it’s because I got her for cheaper on Amazon, and won’t have to pay shipping. Sure she costs more than Cheetor, but Cheetor was a couple years ago, and HasTak was able to get an easy repaint out of him. I’m not sure the same could be said for BA. Unless they do her silver deco from the floating island episodes, which I would absolutely buy. She also comes with some larger accessories, to justify the price. If you stop and think about it she doesn’t really cost that much more than Cheetor did when he was released.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a figure or character that pleases everybody all of the time. But that’s what’s great about Transformers. There’s been so many figures, and there are still so many to come, that it doesn’t really matter in the long run. Maybe only if BA was somebody’s end all, beat all, and they were expecting some kind of plastic perfection. So far I haven’t seen that that’s the case for anyone.

Also, I cannot wait for an Airazor, as she’s probably my favorite BW character. I adore both her Season one figure, and her TM figure.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Hulk GRAND DESIGN MONSTER #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220936 (CA) Piskor"
Hulk GRAND DESIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0223DC020 3B (W) Williamson (CA) Nakayama"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #1 var Marvel Comics 2021 APR200830 (CA) Laroque (W) Kelly"
NON-STOP SPIDER-MA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS ALPHA #1 Connecting Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220900 (CA) Lim"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 1023DC050 141C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Massafera"
BATMAN #141 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #184 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210798 (CA) Bianchi (W) Cates (A) Ottley"
HULK #1 var 1:25 M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230970 (A/CA) Frenz"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #36 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220894 (CA) Clarke"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #1 var design 1:10 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210801 (A/CA) Ottley (W) Cates"
HULK #1 var design ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr H Dark Knight Returns foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC807 140H"
BATMAN #140 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 NOV223376 131B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #131 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC210955 (CA) Casanovas"
SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #1 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210799 (CA) Adams (W) Cates (A) Ottley"
HULK #1 var 1:50 M ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON