This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Collaborative: Transformers X Ghostbusters

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Collaborative: Ghostbusters Mash-Up, Ecto-1 Ectotron Figure

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Prime looks glorious, and I love the new tooling they have given him. Roller as a trap is perfect

and he is far more affordable than I thought he would be. He is a definite get now!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Generations Collaborative: Ghostbusters Mash-Up, Ecto-1 Ectotron Figure

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Prime looks glorious, and I love the new tooling they have given him. Roller as a trap is perfect

and he is far more affordable than I thought he would be. He is a definite get now!

That's no BAPE for sure. However, as a SDCC exclusive, the ressellers will take their cut, putting them to BAPE level of pricing. That is, for international buyers at the very least.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby RodimusRex » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 pm

frogbat wrote:Not to shabby... kinda works. The head kinda reminds me of dead prime from the movie. Got me thinking... have they ever done a dead or zombie prime from dark awakenings? Maybe a dawn of the dead crossover...

I think Siege Prime works reasonably well for that, actually.

He could stand to show a bit more damage and the effect is lessened the more Siege figures you have on the same shelf.
RodimusRex
Vehicon

Postby Rodimus Knight » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Prime looks glorious, and I love the new tooling they have given him. Roller as a trap is perfect

That's no BAPE for sure. However, as a SDCC exclusive, the ressellers will take their cut, putting them to BAPE level of pricing. That is, for international buyers at the very least.

We should have a chance to get it from Hasbro directly after the SDCC. I actually talked to someone from Pulse to find out if Pulse Premium Members would get an early chance at the leftover SDCC stuff. She told me, they didn't know if they were doing anything like that yet.

Pretty sad for them to put together a Premium service and not know what they plan to do with it except for the free shipping on all orders. Considering it's pretty easy to hit Free Shipping Price point when ordering, it's not much of a boon.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby RodimusRex » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:35 am

Rodimus Knight wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

We should have a chance to get it from Hasbro directly after the SDCC. I actually talked to someone from Pulse to find out if Pulse Premium Members would get an early chance at the leftover SDCC stuff. She told me, they didn't know if they were doing anything like that yet.

Pretty sad for them to put together a Premium service and not know what they plan to do with it except for the free shipping on all orders. Considering it's pretty easy to hit Free Shipping Price point when ordering, it's not much of a boon.

The annual free shipping fee would make more sense for consumers if the site was targeted at small kids toys.

Since it is more of an adult collector site, they really need to focus on clearing out overstock that might do better with collectors than retailers (ie. deep discounts on leftover POTP. MPs, etc.) and/or improved access to things like Selects and store exclusives.

As it stands, the one area I'll give them credit is a moderately good level of inventory stock before selling out.
RodimusRex
Vehicon

Postby william-james88 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Knight wrote:Pretty sad for them to put together a Premium service and not know what they plan to do with it except for the free shipping on all orders. Considering it's pretty easy to hit Free Shipping Price point when ordering, it's not much of a boon.

That's why the premium option was free at first.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:44 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:Pretty sad for them to put together a Premium service and not know what they plan to do with it except for the free shipping on all orders. Considering it's pretty easy to hit Free Shipping Price point when ordering, it's not much of a boon.

I'm pretty sure that Hasbro Premium shop will be irrelevant for people outside the USA. Either we just can't subscribe, or it will cost a zillion dollars to ship a paper clip.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Hasbro Premium shop will be irrelevant for people outside the USA. Either we just can't subscribe, or it will cost a zillion dollars to ship a paper clip.

Between exchange rate and shipping, we're screwed, my fellow Quebecer. Still, man, I really like the effort put into these two Ghostbusters versions. Way better than half-assed repaints. These feel full-assed or better, I'd say.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:07 pm

It's that simple."
1337W422102 wrote:Between exchange rate and shipping, we're screwed, my fellow Quebecer. Still, man, I really like the effort put into these two Ghostbusters versions. Way better than half-assed repaints. These feel full-assed or better, I'd say.

Yup, those are quality stuff. Way better than the overpriced ones we got so far. But it's the accessibility that make me in (the-letters-of-my-user-name-in-reverse-order).

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby 1337W422102 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:30 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:Between exchange rate and shipping, we're screwed, my fellow Quebecer. Still, man, I really like the effort put into these two Ghostbusters versions. Way better than half-assed repaints. These feel full-assed or better, I'd say.

Yup, those are quality stuff. Way better than the overpriced ones we got so far. But it's the accessibility that make me in (the-letters-of-my-user-name-in-reverse-order).

...I didn't even take that into consideration. Well, crap!
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby joevill » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:26 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Wow this is going to be so cool!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby no-one » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:47 am

If we're talking titan class / city bot figures I think we're missing the ultimate crossover character.

Just sayin ;)
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
carytheone wrote:If we're talking titan class / city bot figures I think we're missing the ultimate crossover character.

Just sayin ;)

Don't start giving them ideas like this!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby galvatron00 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:48 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Well, who has the LEGO Ghostbusters Headquarters? I'm fairly certain Ectotron and MP10GB will work well there!!
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby no-one » Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:If we're talking titan class / city bot figures I think we're missing the ultimate crossover character.
[img]wishfulthinking.jpg[/img]
Just sayin ;)
Don't start giving them ideas like this!
Why not, that's what HasLab is for. you know, if they ever get off of Star War's jock

Scramjet wrote:Well, who has the LEGO Ghostbusters Headquarters?
Crazy people ;) Actually all the Lego GB stuff is pretty sweet.

I just want a Bill "****" Murray crossover Transformer figure. 8-) but which Bill Murray?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby 1337W422102 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 pm

The Lego Ecto is pretty small; smaller than an MP car. So you might be onto something.
I'll let you guys know.
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby galvatron00 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
Huzzah!! Great to know!! I checked the dimensions of the LEGO Creators Ecto-1 and I think the length was 7 inches or so, Ectotron should be shorter.
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Skill: 10

Postby bovinefromspace » Thu May 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Scramjet wrote:Well, who has the LEGO Ghostbusters Headquarters? I'm fairly certain Ectotron and MP10GB will work well there!!

I don't have the Lego set but I do have the Playmobil version and I've already had that idea kicking around my brain.
bovinefromspace
Mini-Con

Postby no-one » Fri May 03, 2019 5:53 am

I'm pretty sure Optobotomus compared the Lego and Ectotron in his video.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri May 03, 2019 6:07 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
The lego ecto is pretty bad anyways (regarding the seating for the figures inside), the playmobil version is so much better (and a lot larger). Only problem with the playmobil firestation is the receptionsnot on the ground floor. Still have to pick it up at some point, but not sure how many gb hqs I can justify or have the space for.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:51 am

blackeyedprime wrote:The lego ecto is pretty bad anyways (regarding the seating for the figures inside), the playmobil version is so much better (and a lot larger). Only problem with the playmobil firestation is the receptionsnot on the ground floor. Still have to pick it up at some point, but not sure how many gb hqs I can justify or have the space for.

The Lego and Playmobil stuff cannot be directly compared. The Playmobil stuff is closer in spirit (pun intended) to the original Kenner GBHQ, to the point that it's just two walls of the building and the scaling/proportions are all messed-up. And yeah, Janine's office on top is... something strange. (See what I did there?)

The Lego stuff is closer in scale to other Lego minifig-scaled cars (such as the Speed Champions cars and that hideous Cuusoo DeLorean), and the building is much more plausibly-scaled compared to minifigs (and looks outstanding; a definite worthwhile addition to your Creator city).

That being said, the Legcto-1 can only seat three 'Busters and a few packs in the back, but the Playmobil is the first Ecto-1 toy I can think of that can seat all four 'Busters AND store their packs and traps. Outstanding.

Both are worthwhile for different reasons.

1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri May 03, 2019 5:28 pm

I've heard good things about the extreme ghost busters ecto 1 but sadly I missed it at retail as the line didn't stick around that long (despite the cartoon being good, usually the way tho). Not sure how many figures it sat and I can't imagine the extreme ghost buster figures being sitting pose friendly (tho using orig kenner gbs might work for it).
The playmobil ones cheapest option and might be able to fit mp ecto op {or have some legend class deceptions running around it causing trouble) not sure how good the ko lego hq is as I usually stick to genuine lego but it's another display option. I still need a few 80s tmnt megabloks to go with the lego gb hq, using playmobil staypuft with the lego but diamond selects rgb staypuft may replace it.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 pm

blackeyedprime wrote:I've heard good things about the extreme ghost busters ecto 1 but sadly I missed it at retail as the line didn't stick around that long (despite the cartoon being good, usually the way tho). Not sure how many figures it sat and I can't imagine the extreme ghost buster figures being sitting pose friendly (tho using orig kenner gbs might work for it).
The playmobil ones cheapest option and might be able to fit mp ecto op {or have some legend class deceptions running around it causing trouble) not sure how good the ko lego hq is as I usually stick to genuine lego but it's another display option. I still need a few 80s tmnt megabloks to go with the lego gb hq, using playmobil staypuft with the lego but diamond selects rgb staypuft may replace it.

Extreme was better than it had any right to be, and it was made by the same studio that did the Men In Black, Big Guy & Rusty, and Godzilla cartoons -- all of which are outstanding and surprisingly dark, with more accuracy to the source material than you'd expect.

The Extreme Ectomobile toy was a heavy retool of the Kenner RGB vehicle, and only sat two figures. (Hell, the Kenner one only sat three due to that roof-mounted chair thing!) Forget trying to find one now, though. Its prices on the secondary market are astronomical and ridiculous. Besides, the Playmobusters version is much more screen-accurate to the movie one and still looks like a toy, in a good way. If you want, there's a Playmobil Ghostbusters II version coming soon, and it ships with all four 'Busters! Now that's a deal.

Speaking of deals, I have the Bootlego GB HQ and it's outstanding. Obviously not quite up to Lego standards and you'll really need to set aside some time to put it together because you'll have to sort out all the parts, first! They're not bagged in a logical step-by-step way like the Lego one. That being said, if you're willing to put up with its crap and the risk of some pieces being missing or wrong (but if you're interested in buying a bootlego set of that size, you're obviously in deep enough to have enough spare parts in your collection and/or savvy enough to use BrickLink that it's not an issue), you can really make some big savings. My KO GB HQ cost less than half the price of the official one, allowing me to fill it up with other bootlego minifigs of characters that won't ever get official Lego versions (as well as some MOCs like Faith from Mirror's Edge and Deckard from Blade Runner, both on the roof in the photo below) and the damn-near-mandatory LED kits. Not quite up to the high standards of KO Figma, KO Figuarts, or even better, KO Masterpiece Transformers, but still!

1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri May 03, 2019 7:37 pm

I'm more worried about toxicity of ko lego bricks than I am ko transformers :p will look out for the gb2 playmobil ecto, the rgb figs with vehicles seemed a bit over priced. Doubt we will get a transforming ecto 2 but it would be nice, and if it could form a back/rotor pack for transformers ecto 1 then even better.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

New Official Images of SDCC Exclusive Transformers x Ghostbusters MP-10G Optimus Prime

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Who are you gonna call Seibertronians? Thanks to Site Sponsors, TFSource (via their twitter account), we have brand new official images of Hasbro's San Diego Comic Con exclusive, Transformers x Ghostbusters MP-10G Optimus Prime Ecto 35 Edition!

As you can see from the images, Hasbro have given MP-10 a paint job worthy of the crossover, giving Prime the colours of the Ghostbusters trusty Ecto 1, but that's not all. Primes blaster has been slightly retooled to work with a new back piece that, of course, resembles the iconic proton pack. To trap the ghosts, Roller has been retooled, making him into a ghost trap on wheels. For target practise, there's also a Slimer figure included.

If that wasn't enough, the box that MP-10G comes in, also doubles as a proton pack for you to wear!

MP-10G will be on sale at this years San Diego Comic Con.

What do you think of this version of the iconic MP-10 mold? Will you be catching ghosts with him? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 #0 IDW Comics 2019 JUN190704 (W) Furman (A/CA) Guidi"
TRANSFORMERS '84 # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Secrets & Lies #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200704 2B (CA)Coller"
TRANSFORMERS '84 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 MAY221568 3D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210460 12RI (CA) Jones"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Cvr A Skywarp Image Comics 2024 1023IM977 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #3 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #35 IDW Comics 2014 Days of Deception 200211b"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220442 War's End 3A (CA) Piriz"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915P"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JAN200705 7B (W) Maggs (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #51 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON