This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Pulse replacing HasbroToyShop, offering new services

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Hasbro Pulse replacing HasbroToyShop, offering new services

Postby mordhelm » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Weapon: Electro-Sword
Not sure if its newsworh but check out the little note you get from Warden for buyin G2 Megs.
Attachments
20190222_210615.jpg
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Hasbro Clarifies How Pulse will not be a Threat to Retailers + Pulse Letter from John Warden

Postby william-james88 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Pulse launched last week and one of the concerns was how this may be a threat to retailers who sell Hasbro items. It came up in the investors presentation with the following question from Eric Handler:
I am intrigued by go to market pulse initiative. How do you balance being a global consumer products company with thousands or retail doors and how do you balance that in terms of not threatening those retailers with the go to consumer initiative.

To which Hasbro replied the following:

We have a unique take about how to approach and connect with our fans.
As everyone knows we have hundreds of thousands of doors around the world, our offering is really broad. When you look at what we are doing with Pulse, it's really a content and product initiative targeted at the fan economy. Its increasing our direct relation with consumers but in a very focused way and it will give us an opportunity to test and learn many things we can then bring to our partners globally. It's really not meant to be taking something for ourselves. It is allowing us to be the tip of the spear to foster these relationships and what we learn from this interaction will be shared with our partners around the world.

The quote above includes some shortening and it can be full heard slightly past the 2 hour mark of their investor presentation which can be heard here.

This definitely answers a few questions fans had. The fact that this is more fan focused than Hasbro Toy Shop would explain why toys like Cyberverse have not moved over to Pulse.

From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article) is significant enough to warrant investing in an interface to serve fans but not big enough for Walmart or Target to fear any loss in sales from Hasbro selling directly.

We could have guessed that, but it was fun to have at least one question that's been asked openly on these boards before answered by Hasbro's top executives.

Also, for those looking for a mission statement for both Pulse and the new Studio Select line, John Letter wrote a letter that was sent along with the new Voyager Combat Hero Megatron. You can read it below:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Bucky » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
Just curious, but did anyone else who ordered the next wave of Siege Deluxes from Hasbropulse, when they were $9.99 notice that their order suddenly changed? Up until today, mine was all fine and dandy, but now on my HP account my order has been split into four separate orders, states that the orders were placed on the 22nd of February (which is well after I ordered them), and says that they’re $19.99 each.

I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else, before I try contacting Hasbropulse to ask what’s up, and to let people know that it might be an issue. In case people weren’t aware.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Bucky wrote:Just curious, but did anyone else who ordered the next wave of Siege Deluxes from Hasbropulse, when they were $9.99 notice that their order suddenly changed? Up until today, mine was all fine and dandy, but now on my HP account my order has been split into four separate orders, states that the orders were placed on the 22nd of February (which is well after I ordered them), and says that they’re $19.99 each.

I just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else, before I try contacting Hasbropulse to ask what’s up, and to let people know that it might be an issue. In case people weren’t aware.

Hmm, that is weird. I ordered back when they were $9.99 too and my order was split up almost immediately. They are all still $9.99 on my current order status.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Bucky » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Weapon: Hip-Mounted Launchers
It is weird, but I’m hoping it’s just a fluke. That I’m the only one this happened to, and that it’s an easy fix. I already put an email into their customer service.

I know that they were still in one order, and much more importantly were still at $9.99 each on my account when I said “to Hell with it” and ordered SS Jetfire on the 19th from HasbroPulse.
Bucky
Vehicon
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Cassette
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10

Re: Hasbro Clarifies How Pulse will not be a Threat to Retailers + Pulse Letter from John Warden

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
william-james88 wrote:From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article)

ummm...what?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Emerje » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?

What part about using the information they gather from Pulse to help improve the way things are handled at retail make you think they're going to pull Generations from retail? If anything I read this as better things coming from Generations at retail in the next 5 years.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3

Re: Hasbro Clarifies How Pulse will not be a Threat to Retailers + Pulse Letter from John Warden

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:53 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:From this we can gather that the US collector market (meaning anyone reading this article)

ummm...what?

I think Willy-J had a few before writing the article. ;) :lol:
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby Easy Tiger » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:11 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Burn wrote:

ummm...what?

Maybe it's because we all speak fluent American? Y'all.
Easy Tiger
Micromaster

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Easy Tiger wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Burn wrote:

ummm...what?

Maybe it's because we all speak fluent American? Y'all.

Ironically, he's from Quebec.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:50 am

Emerje wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, why do I have a feeling that within 5 years Generations will be an online only line?

What part about using the information they gather from Pulse to help improve the way things are handled at retail make you think they're going to pull Generations from retail? If anything I read this as better things coming from Generations at retail in the next 5 years.

Emerje

The fact that mainline lines like Cyberverse and the Bumblebee movie line aren't going to be on pulse. I can see a world where the TV/Movie lives are in stores but the more collector driven stuff is found online. This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Burn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:32 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

This right here. Unless you've got a kid with you, you're automatically branded a creep.

And some are.

But most aren't.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby cruizerdave » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:36 pm

This whole Pulse thing seems like a bad deal. Give us $50 cuz, and we'll give you some crappy repaints you can pay for, but free shipping!
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

Then they best stop selling action figures, because that's who buys them. Kids aren't interested. Adults have driven the action figure industry for the past two decades. Why else would Hasbro bring us such obscure stuff from 30 years ago as redos of Slugslinger, the Duocons or the stinking Jumpstarters. Kids are not interested in any of that.

Also, most retailers seem to have a hard time keeping the CHUG stuff in stock, while the movie stuff clogs shelves for months at a time until it's cleared out on clearance.

And it's not just Transformers. Who buys their kids $20 Black Series or Marvel Legends figures? No one. Or those stupid Pop figures that cover everything 80s? Kids are not buying action figures. If it bothers them that adult collectors on in their stores, they shouldn't stock the stuff adult collectors buy.
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:49 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
cruizerdave wrote:This whole Pulse thing seems like a bad deal. Give us $50 cuz, and we'll give you some crappy repaints you can pay for, but free shipping!
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

Then they best stop selling action figures, because that's who buys them. Kids aren't interested. Adults have driven the action figure industry for the past two decades. Why else would Hasbro bring us such obscure stuff from 30 years ago as redos of Slugslinger, the Duocons or the stinking Jumpstarters. Kids are not interested in any of that.

Also, most retailers seem to have a hard time keeping the CHUG stuff in stock, while the movie stuff clogs shelves for months at a time until it's cleared out on clearance.

And it's not just Transformers. Who buys their kids $20 Black Series or Marvel Legends figures? No one. Or those stupid Pop figures that cover everything 80s? Kids are not buying action figures. If it bothers them that adult collectors on in their stores, they shouldn't stock the stuff adult collectors buy.

Amazing! Everything you’ve just said, is wrong.

Kids frikkin love Marvel Legends, and they frikkin love building the BAFs.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:12 pm

There's a lot of adult collectibles sold in the toy aisles that kids also buy, not just Generations. And half of them are made by Hasbro. Aside from what's been mentioned there's also WWE and DC figures from Mattel and some of the current and upcoming Power Rangers figures from Bandai and Hasbro and the Dragon Ball Super stuff among other things. There's zero reason to think Generations and Studio Series would be singled out with all these other $20-range action figures that aren't impulse friendly like the sub-$15 stuff.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Burn » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm

Every time this topic of conversation comes up I have to say ... we don't actually know what demographic is buying those toys in the aisles.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:46 pm

Burn wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:This also ties into my belief that most stores don't like 30+ year old men in toy isles.

This right here. Unless you've got a kid with you, you're automatically branded a creep.

And some are.

But most aren't.

I used to tell myself that the moms were checking me out when they were looking at me, they weren't :(
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Burn wrote:

And some are.

But most aren't.

I used to tell myself that the moms were checking me out when they were looking at me, they weren't :(

I actually never had that problem here in Texas. I guess it's because I tend to wear my Transformers hoodies, Zelda hoodie or 80's pop culture shirts most of the time, branding me a man-child... that or my wife is usually with me :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby no-one » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm

On the subject of being or feeling like a creeper while in the toy section. I can say that I've never noticed any weird looks from other shoppers, employees or cashiers. Doesn't mean they weren't happening. I used to feel weird lurking around, but I got over it. Most of this is internal perception.

On the "recognized collector demographic" front, I got this email from Hasbro Pulse. I've only ordered the Siege wave 2 deluxes.

HPP_Official.jpg
It's official yo! What ever that means.

Anyone else get one?
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:54 pm

carytheone wrote:Anyone else get one?

Yep, about half an hour ago.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby no-one » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Emerje wrote:

Emerje
They should send out bracelets.

no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
carytheone wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje
They should send out bracelets.

I too am a part of this fictitious bracelet club, I preordered KSI Boss because I don't want to miss out on that mold again.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Burn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 pm

I'm suddenly glad I live in Australia so I can't be part of this bracelet club. Image
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby no-one » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Burn wrote:I'm suddenly glad I live in Australia so I can't be part of this bracelet club. Image
Like it or not, you're an honorary member now.

What color you want? Wearing it on your ankle also counts.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bot Shots DRAGON TRACK Battle Game Optimus Prime Megatron 2013 New"
Transformers Bot S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Authentics Bravo 5" Action Figure Hasbro 2018 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "1 Step Changer BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
1 Step Changer BUM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Sting Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Scout Class Hasbro 2018 NEW Ages 6+"
Sting Shot BUMBLEB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NITRO BUMBLEBEE Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxe complete DOTM 2011 220420A"
NITRO BUMBLEBEE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Flip Shot BUMBLEBEE Transformers Bot Shots Series 2 B001 Series New Hasbro 2013"
Flip Shot BUMBLEBE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "B-127 Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 70 pcs Trumpeter 2023 New"
B-127 Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON