This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Updates from Hasbro's Toy Fair 2019 Fan Media Day Presentation #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Updates from Hasbro's Toy Fair 2019 Fan Media Day Presentation #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I fail to see how Siege Springer looks like any kind of upgrade to the G1 cartoon design. Thrilling 30 Springer looked liked an upgrade, while Siege Springer just looks like his normal, unchanged, ordinary base form.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Updates from Hasbro's Toy Fair 2019 Fan Media Day Presentation #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:It's amusing how really good Springer looks and how really godawful Impactor looks.

I agree 100% and I think we should celebrate since we rarely agree on things. I am surprised though since Springer is very blocky. He wears it as well as anyone could of course but I thought you were against that kind of aesthetic.

I still have fondness for the Marvel UK comics and Springer was often in that and despite the blockiness (which is more acceptable for a comic/toon character, not so much for a realistic one) he's one of the few characters from G1 I still think looks kinda neat for some reason. I still have the 30th thrilling figure but I'm done with. If there is even one Siege figure I may buy it'll probably be this Springer... but I want to see size with other figures cos I hoped it was a deluxe but it says voyager and being voyager was one of the few big issues I had with the 30th figure. He shouldn't be more than a lil taller than associated characters like Hot Rod and Arcee. Even odder than here he's a voyager and Impactor is a deluxe when Impactor is supposed to be the taller one whether IDW or Marvel.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:08 pm

Who’s the fourth siege deluxe going to be? Reflector or Brunt? Why aren’t there pre orders for them? Is someone from wave one getting repacked?
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Nemesis Primal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Who’s the fourth siege deluxe going to be? Reflector or Brunt? Why aren’t there pre orders for them? Is someone from wave one getting repacked?

Leaks and promo art say Barricade, and we know they haven't shown all the retail figures yet anyway, so...probably Barricade.

Edit: To make it clearer:
Wave 3 Deluxes - Red Alert, Refraktor, Brunt, ??? (Barricade)
Wave 4 Deluxes: Impactor, Mirage
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Nemesis Primal wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Who’s the fourth siege deluxe going to be? Reflector or Brunt? Why aren’t there pre orders for them? Is someone from wave one getting repacked?

Leaks and promo art say Barricade, and we know they haven't shown all the retail figures yet anyway, so...probably Barricade.

Oh.... they’re mixing waves..... explains why I can’t put a finger on how many studio series constructicons are coming out this summer....
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:I fail to see how Siege Springer looks like any kind of upgrade to the G1 cartoon design. Thrilling 30 Springer looked liked an upgrade, while Siege Springer just looks like his normal, unchanged, ordinary base form.

That's the point, Sabr. It's not an upgrade to the G1 character model, it's an upgrade to the G1 toy. G1 with knees/elbows and such. T30 Springer isn't really an "upgrade" of the cartoon model so much as it is a reinterpretation/stylization of the original Springer archetype.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby noctorro » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:45 am

3, 2, 1. Okay here we go.

KSI Boss, looks okay. Already have that Nitro Zeus dude, good solid figure but this guy. Doesn't he need 2 heads? Don't think I'll get him, to much the same.

Drift, don't like the character. If the transformation is easy I might get him at reduced price.

DOTM Optimus, looks great and screen accurate (for once). Won't get him, I have my forrest battle Optimus from the studio series and happy with it.

High Tower, I love Constructicons, even the ROTF ones. This guy is just so pathetic it's almost cute. I'll get them all of course, need that real Devastator.

Dropkick = cool. Will get.

Optimus Prime Bumblebee movie = pure love, will need in my life.

Red Alert, I so love that Sideswipe mold, so slick, so perfect. Will get.

Mirage, also looks perfect, will get.

Siege Optimus Cybertron, again, lots of love, will get.

Omega Supreme, well, he is perfect, magnificent and majestic. Must get.

Springer looks great and bulky. I didn't like the Thrilling 30's version of him and was considering getting Energon Bulkhead.
But now, that's not neccesary, here is Springer.

Jetfire, wow he's a deluxe! I thought he was another big ass leader. Very refreshing. I hope they repaint him to death, looks like a really fun mold!

Thundercracker, I always wanted a voyager G1 seeker trio and felt very sorry for myself when Armada Skywarp had that silly head. Well the mold had a little shoulder articulation problems. But now we have this.
They may repaint this mold all colors of the rainbow, will get them all.

Hasbro is being awesome in my opinion the last years.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:58 am

noctorro wrote:Jetfire, wow he's a deluxe! I thought he was another big ass leader. Very refreshing. I hope they repaint him to death, looks like a really fun mold!

Jetfire is NOT a Deluxe, that is an error, he's an $80 Commander Class figure (i.e. bigger than a Leader).

Also, no love for Impactor?
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:38 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Wave 3 is just Red Alert, Refraktor, and Brunt with no fourth figure.
Wave 4 is Impactor, Mirage, Sixgun (repack), and a mystery figure that's likely Barricade.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:45 am

Emerje wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Wave 3 is just Red Alert, Refraktor, and Brunt with no fourth figure.
Wave 4 is Impactor, Mirage, Sixgun (repack), and a mystery figure that's likely Barricade.

Emerje

Yeah, I posted this before the exact Deluxe case breakdowns showed up, I'm aware of this now.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster

Postby noctorro » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:57 am

Nemesis Primal wrote:
noctorro wrote:Jetfire, wow he's a deluxe! I thought he was another big ass leader. Very refreshing. I hope they repaint him to death, looks like a really fun mold!

Jetfire is NOT a Deluxe, that is an error, he's an $80 Commander Class figure (i.e. bigger than a Leader).

Also, no love for Impactor?

HAhaha lol, they got me.

How could they put all that detail and solid body parts into a deluxe.
Well, Commander class (old school Supreme class?) is also good. He'll be towering over everybody like he should.

I don't know Impactor, can't seem to get myself into comics (grew up with cartoons and movies) I'm 34, old and rusty. I do like games, never saw him there.
He looks okay, I might get him.

But man, just way to hyped for Siege and Cyberverse. The new stuff is looking great, simple transformations, more articulation, solid figures (from the looks of it) and G1 as well. A house can only hold so much plastic :)
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:37 am

noctorro wrote:Well, Commander class (old school Supreme class?)
Nope. The average Supreme was about 15 inches tall. This Jetfire's only 11 inches, shorter than a CW Combiner.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:26 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Nope. The average Supreme was about 15 inches tall. This Jetfire's only 11 inches, shorter than a CW Combiner.

Again, in a line where everything's a little smaller, especially leaders, Commander really is like the modern Supreme. And while Hasbro measured him at 11", Takara Tomy measured him at 300mm (11.81 inches), exactly the same as they promoted UW combiners at.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:54 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Again, in a line where everything's a little smaller, especially leaders, Commander really is like the modern Supreme. And while Hasbro measured him at 11", Takara Tomy measured him at 300mm (11.81 inches), exactly the same as they promoted UW combiners at.

Emerje[/quot

The new motto of Hasbro: "More money for less toy!"
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:10 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ironhidensh wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje[/quot

The new motto of Hasbro: "More money for less toy!"

It's not less toy, the weight analysis showed you are getting as much material as before, plus Siege has more paint/detail/steps than any main line of the past 5 years.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:13 am

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje
Supers (the predecessors of Leaders) used to be that big. Commander is basically the new Super class.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje
Supers (the predecessors of Leaders) used to be that big. Commander is basically the new Super class.

Yes, but Super was just a new name for Leaders at the same price point and Leaders shrank. Since Leaders are still around that makes the next size up from them the equivalent to the next size up from Super at the time which is Supreme. It'll get mess if we start saying things like "Siege Leaders are the new Ultras". The sizes may be comparable, but that's not exactly how classes should work. It should be based on an ordinal scale (Deluxe, Voyager, Leader), not a figure size (5", 7", 9").

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Official Final Product Images of Siege Springer and Thundercracker + SS Drift, Dropkick and Hightowe

Postby william-james88 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:34 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
While we have seen all the toys below already on showfloors or renders but now we have final product shots for the toys shown at Toy Fair a few months back which includes Siege Springer and Thundercracker, SS Drift, Dropkick and Hightower. These should give us the best idea of the final decos and how the battle damage will look like. it also confirms that Thundercracker does indeed come with a smirking face. We can see both the vehicle and robot mode in one image and in the case for Springer, we see both his alt modes, with his car mode in a configuration we had not seen yet. The images were posted on In Demand Toys' Facebook page and on Forbidden Planet. Everyone of these items can be ordered from various retailers right now such as Hasbro Pulse, BBTS, TFSource, Amazon and more.

Here is what you will find in the images below:

Transformers War of Cybertron: Siege

Voyager Thundercracker
Voyager Springer with both alt modes

Transformers Studio Series

Deluxe Helicopter Drift
Deluxe Car Mode Dropkick
Deluxe Hightower

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Sat May 04, 2019 7:02 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I like the blue they used from DropKar. I never had an issue with Dropkopter's blue but this IMO looks better. Hopefully it doesn't (excuse the pun) "shatter" like his partner :lol:

Hopefully this figure will be "off the chains" :lol:
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Cheetron » Sat May 04, 2019 7:23 am

Springers light blue looks cheap. Kinda scaring me away
Cheetron
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby -Crossfire- » Sat May 04, 2019 7:30 am

Motto: "Strength of body will win the battle; strength of mind will win the war."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I like the blue they used from DropKar. I never had an issue with Dropkopter's blue but this IMO looks better. Hopefully it doesn't (excuse the pun) "shatter" like his partner :lol:

Hopefully this figure will be "off the chains" :lol:

You magnificent dastard. :-P
-Crossfire-

WANT LIST:
*Kingdom Cyclonus
*Cybertron Ransack windscreen/chest
*Cybertron Brakedown gun
-Crossfire-
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Muscle car
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 04, 2019 8:10 am

Cheetron wrote:Springers light blue looks cheap. Kinda scaring me away
I believe the word you're looking for is "pastel". ;)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AshelehsA » Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 am

I bet everyone and their Grandma who're picking up Thundercracker will be swapping that head with Starscream (Myself included)
AshelehsA
Mini-Con

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat May 04, 2019 11:15 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:
Cheetron wrote:Springers light blue looks cheap. Kinda scaring me away
I believe the word you're looking for is "pastel". ;)

I think all the bright green and the lighting are just bringing out a bit more blue than usual in the gray plastic. Regardless, I love it. It really makes him "pop."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Ig89ninja » Sat May 04, 2019 11:47 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Hightower is so ugly, it’s almost hilarious. Definitely going to pick him up, though I’ll probably keep him out of his robot mode as much as possible.
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAVAGE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RAVAGE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON