IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Comic Discussion

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Sneak Peek: Egon Meets Starscream's Ghost

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Tom Waltz continues to be a valuable source for all of our latest IDW Transformers news, and today, he brings to us a new panel from the upcoming 5-part Transformers x Ghostbusters series! This new panel shows us the first meeting of the Ghostbusters and Starscream's ghost, who has appeared in a lot of the advertising media for the mini series. What the results of this meeting will be we can only guess, but it is exciting to see Starscream's ghost meeting up with the Ghostbusters. The artwork for the panel was done by series artist Dan Schoening.

Check out the panel below, and stay tuned as we edge closer and closer to the premier of this new crossover series!

Ever get that feeling a psychotic ghost robot from another planet is lurking just behind you? #EgonSpengler will in June when #Transformers/#Ghostbusters #GhostsOfCybertron hits stores! @erikburnham @dannyschoening #LuisAntonioDelgado @IDWPublishing @Ghostbusters @hasbro

Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
News Credits: 1299
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

New Interview with IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Writer Erik Burnham

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks to the fine folks over at Comicbook.com, we have a new interview with IDW's Transformers x Ghostbusters writer Erik Burnham! Burnham sat down with comicbook.com and chatted about the new series, and brought up some new information that fans may be excited to hear about.

For one thing, we get a little bit more information and description on Ectotron. Not a lot, but we do get some more. By the sounds of it, he and Ray are going to get along really well. It's also interesting to hear that Ectotron is a bit of a writing challenge seeing as how he doesn't really have a "voice" yet to really go by, unlike pretty much the rest of the cast.

Another cool hint was that, despite the small cast, there are 2 characters that Burnham favors over others: Grimlock and Starscream. While it appears as though Grimlock will not appear much, Burnham felt he really needed to get him into the crossover. And as for Starscream? Well, he's Burnham's favorite to write!

Check out some parts of the interview below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

"Part of the reason I think they've lasted so long is the foundation: Ghosts are cool. Robots are cool. It's obviously more than that," Burnham said. "Ghostbusters explores dealing with the unknown with humor and curiosity. Transformers is (depending on where you look) anything from a straight-up fight of good against evil, to a more nuanced look at disagreements between two groups that come to war (which, no, not the same thing.)"

As for the team-up, the Autobots and Decepticons will all benefit from the humor the Ghostbusters are known for. "I think the Ghostbusters bring the humor out of the robots that they meet, and I know those Cybertronians crank up the stakes of the action. It's a good mix for the party," Burnham said.

Burnham is well acquainted with the Ghostbusters and Transformers, so writing those adored characters didn't present much of an issue. Ectotron though was another story.

"To be honest, the biggest challenge is Ectotron," Burnham said. "He's a new character, so he doesn't yet have an established voice that I can clearly hear. You give me Starscream, I will hear the inflections of Chris Latta. Megatron? Frank Welker. Optimus Prime? Peter Cullen. And, of course, the Ghostbusters have been in my head for YEARS. Those voices are all very clear and etched into my brain – but not Ectotron. Not yet. I know he'll gel before the end of the book, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what his voice ultimately becomes!"

"Ectotron is a nerd in the same way that Ray Stantz is a nerd," Burnham said. "He's a little defensive about his title, and he doesn't get sent out on missions much – which is why Optimus Prime sending him out to investigate a signal he discovered means so much to him. He's going to grow through his adventure, as we all do, and putting him through those paces is going to be a lot of fun."

"I'm only a couple of issues into the story right now, but so far? Hands down, Starscream is just chewing all the scenery (which is what he does)! Even above Peter Venkman, so far," Burnham said. "But I'm just getting started, and there are others who have yet to get their time to shine... That may seem like a vague answer, but it's my way of not saying "wait'll you see" and then spoiling something! We can't have that, now can we?"

Another Transformers favorite has always been Grimlock, so we had to ask if the beloved Dinobot would find his way into the story. It turns out he just might make an appearance.

"I'll tell you this now," Burnham said. "I wrote an outline, and it kept the cast pretty small, comparatively to the size of the available cast. And then Dan and Luis turned in a connecting cover with virtually EVERYONE. (Not quite everyone, but man, there's a dense lineup on those covers!)"

"...And I saw a couple that just BEGGED to be brought in, even though they weren't in the outline. "How can I not find room for so-and-so?" I said. And Grimlock, he is definitely a guy I need to add. Even if it's just for a PANEL. He's too awesome to be denied!"

[quote]Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
News Credits: 1299
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 8

Preview of Cybertron From IDWs Transformers x Ghostbusters Crossover Comic Ghosts Of Cybertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
As we inch closer to the release of IDWs crossover comic, between Transformers and Ghostbusters, "Ghosts of Cybertron" (that debuts June 19th). Artist Dan Schoening has tweeted recently, sharing the excitement and showing off three snippets of pages set on Cybertron! You can find them mirrored below and the tweet that Dan sent out.

Dan Schoening wrote:Many millions of years ago, on the planet Cybertron, life existed.” This June #Transformers #Ghostbusters @IDWPublishing @Hasbro Colors by: @luis_the_colorist

In these images, you can make out several characters, including several in their Cybertron alt mode from the very first episode of the G1 cartoon "More than meets the eyes"

Looking forward to this miniseries? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Show quoted text
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 231

Re: IDW Transformers x Ghostbusters Comic Discussion

Postby What's Crackin'? » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:38 am

Motto: "Sometimes size doesn't matter."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
The title of the first episode in the G1 cartoon is " More than Meets the Eye: Part 1" not " More Than Meets the Eyes "

Also holy crap is that Sunstorm!?
What's Crackin'?
Micromaster
News Credits: 8
Watch What's Crackin'? on YouTube
Alt Mode: MINI Cooper Hardtop
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sorry that's my auto correct and late night work playing up :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 231

Postby What's Crackin'? » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:43 am

Motto: "Sometimes size doesn't matter."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
ZeroWolf wrote:Sorry that's my auto correct and late night work playing up :lol:

Nah, it's cool. Thanks for posting great news to this site!
What's Crackin'?
Micromaster
News Credits: 8
Watch What's Crackin'? on YouTube
Alt Mode: MINI Cooper Hardtop
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot In Disguise Hero Mashers Bumblebee, Sideswipe & Steeljaw." on EBAY
Buy "New- Transformers Age of Extinction Strafe Dinobot Spin Attack Deluxe Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDonalds Happy Meal Toy Transformers #7 Grimlock figure Sealed New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Laserbeak 1996 VGC" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 1:43 HOLLYWOOD RIDES TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME DIE-CAST-NEW-*HTF*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Slog " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class Laserbeak MOSC NEW" on EBAY