IDW Transformers Version 2.0 "A Bold New Era" Ongoing Discussion

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade (and yes I'm aware she was planned from the outset in this new series..) I mean I get why Hasbro forced IDW to push her into so much story previously, but this is a NEW continuity. The fact that Hasbro seems intent on retconning the original TF history to include Windblade is frustrating. Might as well draw her in the background of reprinted Marvel Comics, or insert her randomly into original series episodes Lucas *special edition* style...
Image
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3459
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 pm

o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade


She is in issue 1.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 25766
News Credits: 2605
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Seibertron » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Just realized one of the things that really bugs me about this series ... the characters seem like they're drawn just fine, but the many panels with open backgrounds with little on the horizon and nothing but sky really irk me.

Me too. Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but it really feels like the bots and the background dont exist in the same space. Cybertron feels very empty.


Yes! Exactly. I dont have any real complaints about how the Transformers are drawn in this series. They look good,maybe a little more styling would be good, and maybe a little more detail such as mouths when they are drawn from a distance, but the lack of backgrounds and minimal characters makes the planet seem empty.
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 12932
News Credits: 3424
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Stormshot_Prime » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Motto: "Forced peace is tyranny unto itself."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Man you can really see those glaring toy designs when Chromia is shown next to Geomotus and Windblade. It’s like there’s 3 styles happening on the page all at one. They really just took those designs ultra-literally without any degree of stylization. The last time we saw over-literal designs was Energon/Cybertron and look how those turned out
User avatar
Stormshot_Prime
Minibot
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:05 pm
Alt Mode: All-Terrain Battle SUV
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:57 pm

o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade (and yes I'm aware she was planned from the outset in this new series..) I mean I get why Hasbro forced IDW to push her into so much story previously, but this is a NEW continuity. The fact that Hasbro seems intent on retconning the original TF history to include Windblade is frustrating. Might as well draw her in the background of reprinted Marvel Comics, or insert her randomly into original series episodes Lucas *special edition* style...


She’s in issue one...
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2624
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade


She is in issue 1.


Randomhero wrote:She’s in issue one...



That only makes it worse...
Image
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3459
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 pm

o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade


She is in issue 1.



That only makes it worse...



No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2624
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Randomhero wrote: No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.


She debuted in the OLD IDW Universe, which is thankfully dead and gone, and should stay that way. If IDW wanted to try to bring Transformers back to it's roots, which was the whole point of the reboot, (in which Windblade was never present), then it has automatically failed. Also its amazing that in six years she did nothing of significance to contribute to the overall TF mythos. You don't see Drift, or the Torchbearers, or Sunstorm in this new IDW universe, for good reason. The same should be with Windblade, just my opinion I know it's not popular, but it's just frustrating that every new comic incarnation and animated series has less and less of what has made Transformers great in times past.
Image
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3459
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:50 pm

o.supreme wrote:
Randomhero wrote: No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.


She debuted in the OLD IDW Universe, which is thankfully dead and gone, and should stay that way. If IDW wanted to try to bring Transformers back to it's roots, which was the whole point of the reboot, (in which Windblade was never present), then it has automatically failed. Also its amazing that in six years she did nothing of significance to contribute to the overall TF mythos. You don't see Drift, or the Torchbearers, or Sunstorm in this new IDW universe, for good reason. The same should be with Windblade, just my opinion I know it's not popular, but it's just frustrating that every new comic incarnation and animated series has less and less of what has made Transformers great in times past.


She debuted as a toy fan made by fans and was put in the comics because of that reason. IDW didn’t create her, hasbro and fans did.

You’ve also seen less than a dozen characters appear yet. I’m sorry this isn’t the G1 cartoon you hold so high up where every autobot showed up at once and stood shoulder to shoulder while their names were called and they transformed into their alt mode so you knew which toy you wanted because that’s what that was. A commercial to sell a toy.


There are three issues out. This universe is brand new and we’ve seen other characters from IDWs lore pop up already. There’s plenty of time to introduce other characters. You can’t say “these characters haven’t shown up!” Were on issue three currently.

And I’m pretty sure IDW characters have impacted other media ya know. Winblade has been in cartoons and drift was in 2 movies and showed up in the fist season of Cyberverse.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2624
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Nexus Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
o.supreme wrote:She debuted in the OLD IDW Universe, which is thankfully dead and gone, and should stay that way. If IDW wanted to try to bring Transformers back to it's roots, which was the whole point of the reboot, (in which Windblade was never present), then it has automatically failed.

Wait, what? When, where, who said that? As far as I can tell, the reboot was done to let the old IDWverse end and let new stories be told. Back to its roots? What on Earth does that even mean? It's roots were a cartoon that was basically a twenty minute toy ad (with some okay stories). If that's the case, then it's... sorta failed? I mean, 5hese characters are in toy based bodies, so...

o.supreme wrote:Also its amazing that in six years she did nothing of significance to contribute to the overall TF mythos. You don't see Drift, or the Torchbearers, or Sunstorm in this new IDW universe, for good reason. The same should be with Windblade, just my opinion I know it's not popular,

Um, but it is only THREE ISSUES in. There is plenty of time to introduce these characters. But, if you're meaning from the outset... so what? Windblade is a character more modern reader can identify with, some having had a hand in polls that created her. It's a familiar face newer fans will recognize. And, yeah, she has contributed (IMO) greatly to the mythos. From a marketing standpoint, she is the first character created by the fans, being the starting point for fans having a more direct role in their franchise. Also (this may get me in trouble), Windblade seemed to be the starting point for more diverse cast to begin being introduced. We now have higher focus on on having female Transformers in the mythos, which adds diversity. If TF stayed "with its roots", it would get stale very quick.

o.supreme wrote:but it's just frustrating that every new comic incarnation and animated series has less and less of what has made Transformers great in times past.

Once again, you're referring to the original stuff? The cartoon? A show for kids that was (once again) a huge commercial to sell toys? That is what made Transformers great? How?
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Vehicon
Posts: 394
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: Guarding over Cybertron...
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby ricemazter » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:08 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Just realized one of the things that really bugs me about this series ... the characters seem like they're drawn just fine, but the many panels with open backgrounds with little on the horizon and nothing but sky really irk me.

Me too. Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but it really feels like the bots and the background dont exist in the same space. Cybertron feels very empty.


Yes! Exactly. I dont have any real complaints about how the Transformers are drawn in this series. They look good,maybe a little more styling would be good, and maybe a little more detail such as mouths when they are drawn from a distance, but the lack of backgrounds and minimal characters makes the planet seem empty.


I could be wrong since I'm not in any way involved in this comic's creation, but I have to imagine that the truncated production schedule of the book as opposed to a monthly basis might have something to do with it.

I think about the first issue, which had some pretty good vistas, and then quality slowly starts to slide. I imagine the artists are putting a ton of work into this, but they're operating in like half the time a normal book would have.

I'm just an amateur artist that works on projects with friends, and it takes me forever to complete a crummy drawing set. It would be great if someone with actual comics publishing experience could give some insight.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Superginraix » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 am

o.supreme wrote:
Randomhero wrote: No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.


She debuted in the OLD IDW Universe, which is thankfully dead and gone, and should stay that way. If IDW wanted to try to bring Transformers back to it's roots, which was the whole point of the reboot, (in which Windblade was never present), then it has automatically failed. Also its amazing that in six years she did nothing of significance to contribute to the overall TF mythos. You don't see Drift, or the Torchbearers, or Sunstorm in this new IDW universe, for good reason. The same should be with Windblade, just my opinion I know it's not popular, but it's just frustrating that every new comic incarnation and animated series has less and less of what has made Transformers great in times past.

Robots that turn into vehicles and fight each other?

Because that's the basic premise. Two factions of robots that can change their shape and fight each other. And even THEN, I'd argue that what made the original comics and cartoon great wasn't the actual fighting but the deeper stories they sometimes got away with telling during all the robot fighting.

The great thing about a good franchise is that it is adaptable and different fans can get different things out of it so I'm not seriously guessing you like the franchise because of the robot fights. I'm guessing you like it for a specific cast of characters? If so, this is really your golden age because Siege is filled to the brim with new version of Generation One classics. And since that's the case, you shouldn't be too bothered if one or two non-G1 characters show up. After all, even the original comic and cartoon featured non-toy creations... and new characters were introduced all the time there as well. Yes, to sell toys.

If I'm completely wrong, I apologize. I hope you find what you're looking for in one of the many Transformers storylines/ toy lines. For me... I might like them too much... and my wallet pays the ultimate price.
Superginraix
Mini-Con
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:47 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...
Image
o.supreme
City Commander
Posts: 3459
News Credits: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
o.supreme wrote:I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...


Doesn't literally change the fact it was a toy commercial.

Transformers has always relied more on spectacle rather then actually being deep.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4018
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Nexus Knight » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:45 pm

Motto: ""I fight for the honor of those whom the Decepticons crush under their pathetic heel.""
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Deadput wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...


Doesn't literally change the fact it was a toy commercial.

Transformers has always relied more on spectacle rather then actually being deep.


Plus, the fact of the matter was that we were trying (or at least myself) was trying to prove was that had become more than just a cartoon with some okay stories with the intent to sell toys. It's had it's stupid moments in its evolution, but it's become more than just that (at least in fiction). It's mind-boggling to see someone say they want Transformers to go back to that level (a fact I'm inferring from o.supreme's last post).
Favorite quotes from The Transformers: The Movie-

"Ride in style!" Hot Rod (ever humble)

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron

"I have better things to do tonight than die" Springer

"Till the day that all are one" Optimus Prime

"I belong to no one!" Megatron

"This is bad comedy" Galvatron (seeing Starscream's last bid for control)

"Ba wee gra na weep nini bong" Universal Greeting

"Till all are one" Rodimus Prime
Nexus Knight
Vehicon
Posts: 394
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:31 pm
Location: Guarding over Cybertron...
Alt Mode: Arsonist SnowCat and Stargazer
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby bacem » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:04 am

o.supreme wrote:I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...


you are absolutuly correct that if the g1 series never exist, this forums would never even exist. however, you are also glossing over the fact that the series managed to keep being discussed for 35 years because it keeps evolving, adding new universes, new stories and lores, and new characters that as the time goes, gains their own fanbases, not because it keeps staying as an toy comercial with okay stories. telling it to "go back to its roots", which as you implies, means it has to come back to be just a toy comercial with okay stories and stagnant characters selection, would basically means telling them to just ignore the fanbases that keeps growing for these past 35 years, and just stick to the vintage POV, that has obviously been outdated.
bacem
Fuzor
Posts: 297
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 am
Watch bacem on YouTube

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby YoungPrime » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 am

She debuted as a toy fan made by fans and was put in the comics because of that reason. IDW didn’t create her, hasbro and fans did.


Is this supposed to shut people up?

Not all fans did. Now I don't hate her as much as I do Pyra Magna but forcing her and/or Bumblebee down are throats with just about every new project is turning me off.

Especailly when there's 100's of other TF characters who deserve better. And after seeing "Hi I'm Windblade" jump on one of favorite Decepticon's back in his debut of this reboot. I have no plans on buying this book anytime soon.

Doesn't literally change the fact it was a toy commercial.


Is that suppose to make people shut up? Some "Toy commercials" in the 80's were clearly better than others... You don't see He-man and Thundercats getting this kind of love today do you? So it's only fitting as an Adult Collector that I point out ways of making current G1 lore an ever BETTER toy commercial.

Here's hoping that Netflix cartoon is far better than this comic is next year.
Image
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby YoungPrime » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 am

Deadput wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...


Doesn't literally change the fact it was a toy commercial.

Transformers has always relied more on spectacle rather then actually being deep.


Glad you brought that up as an excuse for toy companies to be lazy.

Marvel Studios, Avengers: Endgame is currently showing (in the same amount of time that Bayformers debuted in) what hard work and True fan service can actually deliver.

Original G1 Transformer fans are in their 40's now. And with a Kevin Feige type CEO could make TF lore as deep as Game Of Thrones is as far as Characters, Planets, Plots and Factions go.

But if you're content with Windblade and Bee (Don't for get OP) repeatedly just beating up the Decepticon of the week, good for you.

I'm only sharing what I'd spend my time and money on moving forward, since TF IDW is no longer one of those hobbies.
Image
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed May 01, 2019 12:35 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Deadput wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...


Doesn't literally change the fact it was a toy commercial.

Transformers has always relied more on spectacle rather then actually being deep.
Fair. As a counterpoint: Marvel UK showed early on it could be both. I like it when it's both and when there are rad transforming robot toys to buy of the characters in the good media. This doesn't happen often, sadly.

Today's issue 4 was still kinda boring, but I liked Cyclonus and Pitre-Durocher + Griffith's pages were most excellent art-wise.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5065
News Credits: 504
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed May 01, 2019 2:55 pm

Deadput wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I find it interesting how those that minimize the original series to *just a toy commercial* completely gloss over the fact, that if not for it, we wouldn't be here 35 years later discussing it.... :roll: that's gratitude for ya...


Doesn't literally change the fact it was a toy commercial.

Transformers has always relied more on spectacle rather then actually being deep.
The original comics did have some depth to the storytelling, especially after Furman took over. I understand that the franchise is here because most kids watched the cartoon and bought the toys, but I'm a comic reader who considers the Marvel comic to be the defining continuity and origin story of G1, and I bought toys because of those stories and how much more developed some of the characters were as opposed to the cartoon.

Unfortunately both DW and IDW failed to match the original, DW financially and IDW creatively, for the most part. There were some good stories in the previous titles, but IMO they were over all substandard quality of writing, especially MTMTE and LL.

I actually had high hopes for this new book, but it's not impressing me much so far.

I also agree that we need to get away from Bee, Prime and Windblade as central main characters and give the spotlight to some others. Not necessarily obscure characters, but ones that have been relegated to minor roles through the years.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
..............."The body, THE BODY, THE BODY!!!" - Mickey, Rocky II

My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10907
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed May 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I think it says a lot about the future of this book, when four issues in, people are still using "boring" as a descriptive.
Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Gestalt
Posts: 2023
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Cyclonus was the only part of the new issue that interested me. It's sad that the new continuity is taking so much of its sweet ass time. I want to be interested but they are giving me nothing
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 17009
News Credits: 1416
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 01, 2019 6:14 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Cyclonus was the only part of the new issue that interested me. It's sad that the new continuity is taking so much of its sweet ass time. I want to be interested but they are giving me nothing

Oh man, its insulting how boring this comic is. This is a brand about giant robots warring across the galaxy and we get the equivalent of watching the grass grow.
I forgot to unsubscribe for this issue, but will do so this week.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 25766
News Credits: 2605
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby ricemazter » Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Cyclonus was the only part of the new issue that interested me. It's sad that the new continuity is taking so much of its sweet ass time. I want to be interested but they are giving me nothing

Oh man, its insulting how boring this comic is. This is a brand about giant robots warring across the galaxy and we get the equivalent of watching the grass grow.
I forgot to unsubscribe for this issue, but will do so this week.


It really is infuriating, and boring is the only way to describe this series 4 issues in.

It's so strange that we're 4 issues in and virtually nothing has happened beyond Brainstorm's death. We keep meeting new characters like the rest of the Decepticons (Ascenticons) or Cyclonus, but as soon as it seems like something interesting might happen we either transition to a new scene or the issue ends.

I'd say that this was a problem of telling and not showing, but it occurs to me that none of the issues have told us much either. We still don't have a clear idea of what the Ascenticons want or why they're angry, just little hints that don't give a full picture of the political situation. We're no closer to understanding Brainstorm's death or even a modicum of intriguing developments (besides that the assailant might be blue. We haven't had any real answers on one of the most interesting aspects of new Cybertron, why there are organic aliens casually wandering around.

It's a shame because I get the feeling through the small trickle of details here and there that the creative team has cooked up a really interesting and different take on Cybertron, but the progress on revealing any of it is so oppressively glacial despite the fact we're getting a new issue every two weeks.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers Version 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Postby sol magnus » Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
So, the overall complaint is that it's taking too long?

I'm kind of liking the nuance, but it's not necessarily the Nuance I want to see (if that makes any sense). Still, I'm not "bored", I'm waiting. Part of Transformers is the shooting and punching, and that's not happening. Maybe that's what people are finding "boring"?
sol magnus
Targetmaster
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
Twincast / Podcast #235:
"Pre-Holidaze"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "2015 HASBRO HERO MASHERS *TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON w/SKYWARP*  MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Galvatron Robots Devil Gigatron and Armada Megaton w/ Mini-con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Motorcycle Lot chromia arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2015 Combiner Wars Titan Class Devastator Tf" on EBAY
Buy "** 2003 - Hasbro Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Universe RID W/ spy changer Prowl **" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Generations Rodimus Prime Power of the Primes Leader New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS PROWL, bumblebee, Optimus prime, jet fire WALGREENS exc" on EBAY