This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #225 "The Overexposure of Bumblebee"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #225 "The Overexposure of Bumblebee"

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:45 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
The Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast decided to record the day before the Tokyo Toy Show because they completely forgot it was happening this week. Scotty P and Megatronus meet up to discuss everything except all the latest news as a result, but still have a fun time going through topics like Hound, the latest fan vote and much more. Stick around for the special topic questioning how much more Bumblebee we can all take in the future.

Episode #225 "The Overexposure of Bumblebee" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about during this episode:

• The Generations 2020 fan vote poll is now live, with "choices" available.

• We take a deep dive into the upcoming Masterpiece MP-47 Hound, canopy optional.
  • The weirdo that is Red Wing is discussed. Click here for the history of the character from former Transformers Club staff member Jesse Wittenrich's Twitter account.

• Scotty P shares some quick in-hand impressions of War for Cybertron Siege's Deluxe Class Brunt.
  • Our special topic for the episode arrives, which we've dubbed "The Overexposure of Bumblebee". We ponder whether this character is being over-used in an inconsistent fashion throughout recent Transformers media and if this is causing long-term harm to the brand's storytelling output. This is not just another conversation about the number of Bumblebee toys available on the shelf, so tune in and let us know your thoughts by replying to this news post.

• Bragging Rights close out another episode with Megatronus binging for the first time in a while.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #225 "The Overexposure of Bumblebee"

Postby Deliverence » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:37 pm

I would have to say I don’t believe Bee is over exposed; it’s more like since he’s always used as a gateway bot to introduce you to a series he’s forced to fill a role in each narrative that another character is more suited. This almost seems like a Hasbro directive with him being the gateway bot in every franchise. I think he would have filled Rubble’s role better in the new series and his role would have made more sense with a mirage or sunstreaker type. Someone a little more cynical or rough around the edges but with a friendly demeanor even a jump would do
Deliverence
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from Deliverence on eBay
Alt Mode: Something useless
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Courage: 1
Firepower: 8
Skill: 1

Postby Stargrave » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I might dare to say Bumblebee at times fulfills the Bruce Wayne Roll with Optimus filling that Batman role.

Bruce Wayne doing Batman kung fu against ninjas before he can properly change into his Batman attire is not unlike Bumblebee shielding Spike from a Decepticon Cassette attack but when the Seekers show up, you know you're like ohhhhh dang, where's Optimus just the same as you're like ohhhh dang when can Bruce get the cowl on and really lay into these guys.

Just a thought that came to mind while listening.
Another great episode guys!

P.S. I've never been into card gaming other than Plants Vs. Zombies Heroes mobile (and although that uses digital cards I don't even know if that counts) but you guys have me itching to figure out how to play the new TCG.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
This is actually my first time having both the time and interest required to tune in since I joined, I'm definitely going to listen to more now I think. Good show mates, keep it up.

I'd say I somewhat agree with the Bumblebee sentiments, yeah. I can't necessarily speak for the comics, as I only actually read the first issue and have read the TFWiki summaries for each subsequent one, but I'm definitely waiting to watch any of Cyberverse until the next season, since it promises actual Bot and Con casts instead of 1 and 1/2 Autobot characters fighting an endless army of repaints. I've never been a fan of him in any of the movies except his, but those movies weren't good anyway. I think we need less repetition and more new stuff in general anyway though, both separate from this Bee thing and directly as part of this Bee thing.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Smedleyprime17 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 am

I agree that Bumblebee is quite overexposed. I would say it's been true since 2007, when Hasbro first re-introduced him after getting the name trademark back. I enjoyed the film from last year, but kinda hope they can introduce Jazz, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Hound, Mirage or some other robot that Charlie and other people can hang out with.

As far as comics, they should keep as one of Prime's aides, like Jazz, Ironhide and Arcee in the previous IDW universe and focus on an original character like Rubble. Then introduce Rodimus or even Drift as the guy to be played off of.

I would also say Windblade is a little too overexposed as well, if that makes any sense.
Smedleyprime17
Mini-Con

Postby Flashwave » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Rhe same person who made those Siege Ironhide feet is making a Halonicus Maximus action figure.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
First things first, you talked about some intern born in 1995 writing up articles/interviews for sites that don't cover transformers and talk G1 when he doesn't even know that that really is and "Optimus Prime is a truck and blah blah blah", I felt personally attacked as I was born in 1995 :-P

I also found some wave 3 deluxes, but sadly only 2 Reflectors, they ain't 3 to a case!

AS for Bumblebee, I definitely feel the many different versions of him we have gotten have helped us feel tired of him. they cannot seem to 100% nail him down, and it tires you out when you have 5 different versions of the character so close to one another. He needs to settle in and let someone else take the wheel a bit, he just needs to take a breathe and let someone like Trailbreaker or Tailgate take the top spot for a bit
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:First things first, you talked about some intern born in 1995 writing up articles/interviews for sites that don't cover transformers and talk G1 when he doesn't even know that that really is and "Optimus Prime is a truck and blah blah blah", I felt personally attacked as I was born in 1995 :-P
My bad! A better way to phrase it would be that some of the articles mentioned are very unconvincing in their efforts to be anything besides carefully guided marketing.

Smedleyprime17 wrote:I would also say Windblade is a little too overexposed as well, if that makes any sense.
I probably would have agreed with this if Cyberverse hadn't made her work. She fits that role well and it's tonally similar to her role as a mediator/guiding force in later stage IDW. This continues on in Ruckleyverse IDW and it works there too. RiD 2015 was halfway there (which was weird given that Mairghread Scott wrote her debut episode) and the Prime Wars shows definitely had her feeling overdone, but they're back on track with her imo.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FANCY FLUTTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 macaroon"
FANCY FLUTTER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RADDHAXX Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team laptop computer Raddhax"
RADDHAXX Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMORE N' MORE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 s'mores"
SMORE N' MORE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHUDDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers camera Hasbro 2020"
SHUDDER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUGAR BREATH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Season Greeters candy corn 2019"
SUGAR BREATH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOMASTE Transformers BotBots Series 5 Cardio Clique duffle bag Hasbro 2020"
NOMASTE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MR BUSINESS ESQUIRE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays Hasbro 2020"
MR BUSINESS ESQUIR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACID STORM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
ACID STORM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POO SHAM Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 Hasbro"
POO SHAM Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLD DIGGER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Goldrush Winner's Circle shovel 2020"
GOLD DIGGER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HANDY DANDY Transformers BotBots Series 5 Wilderness Troop swiss army knife 2020"
HANDY DANDY Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMERG THE SAD Transformers BotBots Series 3 Fresh Squeezes spinach plant 2019"
SMERG THE SAD Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON