This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: New Unicron Toy Revealed and will only Happen if 8000 Fans Preorder for $575 before August 31

Postby william-james88 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:When I was a kid about the time before the 86 animated movie came out I heard a rumour of a sweepstakes for a chance to win a Unicron toy that was huge then it never happened years later I saw this prototype and thought that that was it and understood why it never happened
Oh, the days of schoolyard rumors. Kids were vicious and cruel back then.

I wish schoolyard rumours would be the only thing schoolkids could be victim of these days.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: New Unicron Toy Revealed and will only Happen if 8000 Fans Preorder for $575 before August 31

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:When I was a kid about the time before the 86 animated movie came out I heard a rumour of a sweepstakes for a chance to win a Unicron toy that was huge then it never happened years later I saw this prototype and thought that that was it and understood why it never happened

I wish schoolyard rumours would be the only thing schoolkids could be victim of these days.

I was kind of excited to envision such a toy but quickly forgot about it when fortress Maximus came out
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Stargrave » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun

24 days left.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Emerje » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:

But my friend's mother's boss's cousin's dog walker's son totally owned one! He got it from his neighbor who worked for Hasbro and knew he liked Transformers!

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:No, no, no. I don't care what the comics say. Scorponok is a City Bot!

Except when he wasn't. He gets called a city bot, but he doesn't have a city mode. Metroplex, Trypticon, and Fort Max all have city modes, but not Scorponok. Did the cartoon even specifically call him a city?
base.PNG

base2.PNG
base2.PNG (297.49 KiB) Viewed 68328 times

But personally I want both a Titan and I guess a Commander class or a "old" Leader class to go with Titans Return PM Prime.

ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder how much the Neo Unicron would have retailed for though people would have derided that for accuracy to the movie version.

I'm guessing that if he had a proper appearance in BW Neo (I'm pretty sure he didn't, if he did I couldn't find pictures) the figure would have been at least accurate to that. We also know that the figure wasn't very big, at best it was a little bigger than an Ultra at the time (about the same height, but bulkier) so it wouldn't have been a particularly expensive figure.
BWN Unicron.PNG
BWN Unicron.PNG (252.09 KiB) Viewed 68328 times

Back on topic, Hasbro did say that if Unicron got funded they would look for ways to get it released internationally so there's that. Really putting a lot of pressure on us North Americans (and Japanese I guess).

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:01 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Emerje wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:No, no, no. I don't care what the comics say. Scorponok is a City Bot!

Except when he wasn't. He gets called a city bot, but he doesn't have a city mode. Metroplex, Trypticon, and Fort Max all have city modes, but not Scorponok. Did the cartoon even specifically call him a city?
base.PNG

base2.PNG

Emerje

Firstly, lets not be pedantic. A Decepticon "defence base" aka a Fortress, is just as much a City as Fort Max with his visible shin cannons on display in City Mode. :-?

Secondly,

Around the 4:00 mark, Zarak refers to Scorponok as a City. :-D

Regimus Prime wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Personally, as it is the 35th anniversary, I would have been happy with a G1 "reissue" style release of this guy:

Who wouldn't have need the sketchy practice of crowdfunding to begin with...

funny, I mentioned that this figure known as the Grail should be released in a very limited number for the 35th Anniversary of the movie to Ben and John at the Vince Dicola concert, if for nothing else to troll all of the people complaining about the WFC Unicron price and size. :BOT:

There would be no trolling at all. This guy as a "reissue" would sell and was far more sought after than any Kickstarter. He would probably garner interest from a lot more than 8000 people with money to burn, too >:oP
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:50 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
You really don't like this unicron do you :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:31 am

Always Guilty..."
ZeroWolf wrote:You really don't like this unicron do you :lol:

I have no problem with the figure itself. Personally, I simply take issue with the crowd funding model. Yet also with the almost elitist attitude of those that have backed this, against its detractors.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby AcademyofDrX » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:34 am

:roll:
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:42 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

I have no problem with the figure itself. Personally, I simply take issue with the crowd funding model. Yet also with the almost elitist attitude of those that have backed this, against its detractors.

Yeah, the crowdfunding model does look bad (at least to me). I would never purposefully fund money for a toy company just so they can make more toys. That's what buying Hasbro toys on the shelf is for. In my opinion, I think they should use their own money for production but it looks like Hasbro is preventing itself from losing money via crowdfunding.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Strength: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:51 am

Always Guilty..."
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Yeah, the crowdfunding model does look bad (at least to me). I would never purposefully fund money for a toy company just so they can make more toys. That's what buying Hasbro toys on the shelf is for. In my opinion, I think they should use their own money for production but it looks like Hasbro is preventing itself from losing money via crowdfunding.

There was a company [October Toys] that acquired the license to Skeleton Warriors. They tried almost exclusively to fund the line through crowd funding. They got two figures into the line before the money dried up and they promptly vanished. Now they were a small time toy maker, smaller than Boss Fight Studios. They had little choice but to go down that road and even then couldn't make it work long term.

Hasbro could have made a regular release of Unicron, just as they did years ago with Armada. However, Jabba's Sail Barge gave them the option to change tact and basically make figures on demand. It is concerning for the number one toy maker in the world to even look towards crowd funding. Let alone the fact that with everything HasTak has produced there are always issues. From Marvel Legends to Masterpiece. I have no doubt at all this Unicron will not be the exception to the rule, either.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:23 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder how much the Neo Unicron would have retailed for though people would have derided that for accuracy to the movie version.

I'm guessing that if he had a proper appearance in BW Neo (I'm pretty sure he didn't, if he did I couldn't find pictures) the figure would have been at least accurate to that. We also know that the figure wasn't very big, at best it was a little bigger than an Ultra at the time (about the same height, but bulkier) so it wouldn't have been a particularly expensive figure.
BWN Unicron.PNG
Looks like it might have been about the height of Optimal Optimus, or maybe the two Car Robots Super class figures who were a bit bigger.

As for his appearance in BWNeo, he didn't have his physical body in that show (he was resurrected as a purely energy being), so he simply tried to make Cybertron his new body, possessing the planet only temporarily.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:31 am

Always Guilty..."
I did always wonder where they got the Neo design for him from? The closest the show got to a Unicron "Body" was a slightly altered Galvatron.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Australian EB Games and Zing stores Open Unicron Pre-Orders with a Sweet Deal

Postby Emerje » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:16 am

If you're an Australian Transformers fan that has been lamenting over how difficult it is to order a HasLab Unicron at a decent price then EB Games and Zing Pop Culture have a deal for you! That's right, Australian EB Games and Zing Pop Culture stores are currently taking orders for Unicron and they're offering what appears to be the best deal worldwide. That's right, even better than the HasLab crowdfund itself! Here's the deal: the price is only $848 AUD which is about $575 USD, the same exact price as HasLab is asking at the current exchange rate. All that they asks for is a $100 AUD deposit (refundable if the crowdfund fails), while HasLab expects the full price upfront. That's not all, EB Games is also offering free shipping, HasLab doesn't (unless you renew your Pulse Premium membership). And if you're like my parents and afraid to buy anything online then you can also walk right into an Australian store and place your order and pick it up there. Hows that for service?

This is a rare and exceptional deal for Australian fans so try to make the most of it! And if you do let us know in the Energon Pub forums below, we'd love to hear from you.
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Burn » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:02 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that this absolutely the best possible outcome for Australian fans.

A few online retailers have been taking orders, but with EB Games/Zing we have a national franchise (who have begun to start carrying more TF exclusives) to deal with offering much more stability, PLUS, it's in partnership directly with Hasbro with any pre-orders going towards the overall 8,000 total required.

Then we have time to save up. Oh that is such a deal maker!

If it gets funded ... I'm going to enjoy walking into my local EB Games to collect him, the young bloke working there geeked out a little when I went in to pick up Ectotron, I can only imagine what their reaction will be to Unicron.

And yes, that means I'm officially a +1. Image
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Emerje » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:20 am

If we had that kind of deal going here I would honestly consider buying two, that's more than enough time to tuck away enough to cover that.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby MeGrimlock78 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 am

I wonder if EB in Canada is taking pre-orders in store? I see they finally put Ratchet pre-orders online at EBGames.ca.
MeGrimlock78
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby mblase75 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:06 am

Is there a post somewhere collecting all the options so for for international buyers?
mblase75
Micromaster
Buy from mblase75 on eBay

Postby UltraMarginal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 am

Motto: "I like chocolate"
I 100% agree with Burn.

and I'm another +1. I'm alittle, lot excited.

Fans here have spent the last 2 weeks investigating oddball international shipping forwarders, distant international friends, paying someone to receive it and forward it, taking it as a extra checked piece of luggage, all these ways of ordering and getting it here to Australia, then Zing/EB Games came through. I've been very impressed with some of their exclusives of late.

I might even consider buying a second but I'm going to find it very hard to justify.
UltraMarginal
Mini-Con

Postby Rainmaker » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:55 am

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
So, we only have to put in $100 at first but then how does the rest get paid? Do we have to immediately after it gets funded?

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby megatronus » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:09 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Congrats my Aussie friends! This is fantastically fantastic news!

Burn wrote:PLUS, it's in partnership directly with Hasbro with any pre-orders going towards the overall 8,000 total required.

Is this confirmed anywhere? I want to be absolutely sure this is the case.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:10 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
megatronus wrote:Congrats my Aussie friends! This is fantastically fantastic news!

Burn wrote:PLUS, it's in partnership directly with Hasbro with any pre-orders going towards the overall 8,000 total required.

EB Games only deals with Hasbro directly. And the fact that there is no markup goes with that as well. I would consider it now implicit that Hasbro is giving the wolrdwide option through partnership with EB Games, as they do their Masterpiece figures.

And on that note, congrats Burn, I am very happy for you.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Rodimus Knight » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:32 am

I thought the HasLab stuff was only available for funding in the US though?
IT almost looks like there are a number of places putting together orders for if the crowd funding goes through but aren't including in the crowdfunding.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby megatronus » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:38 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
william-james88 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Congrats my Aussie friends! This is fantastically fantastic news!

EB Games only deals with Hasbro directly. And the fact that there is no markup goes with that as well. I would consider it now implicit that Hasbro is giving the wolrdwide option through partnership with EB Games, as they do their Masterpiece figures.

And on that note, congrats Burn, I am very happy for you.

I was unclear - what I want to confirm is whether the orders through EB Games will count towards the 8000 total. I don't doubt the partnership with Hasbro exists.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Optimutt » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 am

Motto: "Victory if nothing if you don't enjoy everything leading to it."
This is HUGE news! Congrats, my Ozzie friends on this deal.

If this were an option here in the USA, I would also 100% throw in my money. $100 this month, $100 next, month, etc would absolutely be affordable. But it's the single lump sum NOW that will 100% prevent me from buying into this.
"I couldn't put it down," Eliot Vohy about Escape from the Spotlight.

Updates on novels and publications: https://robwqueen.com/
Optimutt
Vehicon
News Credits: 11
Alt Mode: Jet

Postby mordhelm » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
As a quick note. If you buy through Hasbro Pulse, shipping to CONUS is free. It is specified in the Shipping Policy.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTERSHOT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Betatron 2016 230903A"
SCATTERSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
NEW!
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
NEW!
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
NEW!
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ONLAUGHT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Bruticus 2016 230903A"
ONLAUGHT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
NEW!
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON