This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
joevill wrote:It's quite sad that this hasn't been fully backed by now.
Sabrblade wrote:Jabba's sail barge got a sudden surge of 5000 orders on its last day, after having sat around 3000 for the large majority of its preorder time.

The number seen on Hasbro Pulse is specifically for the number of preorders made through Hasbro Pulse, not factoring in all of the other preorders made through all of the international preorder channels and all of the alternative American retailers like BBTS and TFSource. The number of preorders from all of those venues likely won't be added until near to the very end of the preorder time in order to give each of those venues as much time to maximize all of their preorders as they can gather before submitting their order totals to Hasbro.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
joevill wrote:It's quite sad that this hasn't been fully backed by now.

I don't think we could have expected full backing at this point - but I do hope more people on the fence jump off and back this beast!
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby megatronus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:59 am

Emerje wrote:It would be strange if the Takara Tomy Mall orders don't count towards the goal when it's written all over TTM order page that it does.

Using a Google translation, but it seems accurate:
Commercialized with 8,000 worldwide! Acceptance starts at Takara Tomy Mall in Japan!

They've put many more stipulations on this order than anything I've ever seen on the site before, even they're own crowdfunds. Has anyone else here placed an order through TTM? I have (using a proxy shipping address) and just for fun I tried just seeing what would happen if I started the order process on Unicron and it was completely different from normal orders. Even the payment system is very restrictive, only allowing credit cards when they normally have a bunch of different payment options including paying at 7-11. It's a very specialized system just for Unicron. And it has nothing to do with the price, they've sold other things in the store before that have cost this much and even now they have 65,000 JPY golf bags on the store that you can just toss in your cart. They even cut the orders off early, what would be around midnight on the morning of 8/30 giving them ample time to add their orders to Hasbro's.

No matter how I look at it the TTM orders count.

Emerje

I hope it's true that Takara Tomy orders DO count - but the Transformers Brand Team told Seibertron TT orders WOULDN'T count towards the 8,000 total. One can chock up all the restrictions with TT ordering to the peculiarities of this special, prestige product.

I think John Warden and Ben Montano could be wrong, or may have misstated how it works - but that's exactly why I would want an official clarification from Hasbro on this. It's leaving a lot to chance, and I don't want to take it for granted.
Last edited by megatronus on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
megatronus wrote:I hope it's true that Takara Tomy orders DO count - but the Transformers Brand Team told Seibertron TT orders WOULDN'T count to the 8,000 total. One can chock up all the restrictions with TT ordering to the peculiarities of this special, prestige product.

I think John Warden and Ben Montano could be wrong, or may have misstated how it works - but that's exactly why I would want an official clarification from Hasbro on this. It's leaving a lot to chance, and I don't want to take it for granted.

Could it be that they meant that those orders are not reflected in that count on the Pulse site? And thus ordering from TTMALL wouldnt count towards the total we see? Just looking at all the ways it could be interpretted/misinterpretted on either end while unifying what Takara is stating.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby megatronus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 am

william-james88 wrote:
megatronus wrote:I hope it's true that Takara Tomy orders DO count - but the Transformers Brand Team told Seibertron TT orders WOULDN'T count to the 8,000 total. One can chock up all the restrictions with TT ordering to the peculiarities of this special, prestige product.

Could it be that they meant that those orders are not reflected in that count on the Pulse site? And thus ordering from TTMALL wouldnt count towards the total we see? Just looking at all the ways it could be interpretted/misinterpretted on either end while unifying what Takara is stating.

Oh, absolutely - they could have meant it that way. But that's the quandary: we don't know for sure.
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby Stargrave » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I’d posted this in the Twincast forum but it’s probably better suited here:

What I find kinda kooky is this costs about on average maybe 4-5 MPs. Most TF statues cost twice this much just checking on BBTS.

How much does an average 3rd party combiner cost? Most components push $100 then the torsos usually more right? I’m not trying to shirk products like these I’m just pointing out the cost is not that uncommon in the fandom and there has never been a piece this big, let alone that transforms.

I saw somewhere in an article it said something to the effect of “I hope Hasbro learns nobody will pay for a $500 Transformer” and I’m sorry but that’s naive and somebody talking with their head up their, you know. Because high ticket items are common and easy to find.

And I’ve got to say it at least once the barge was a barge a big piece of plastic that sits there like a lump of, you know. It doesn’t transform it’s not a character it’s not the grandest of antagonists in the fandom. I think it’s a huge price tag but it seems deserved.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Stargrave » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:16 am

And I’d love to think let’s all complain about the cost so that Hasbro does it different next time but there won’t be a next time for something like this. Plain and simple. 8 Mile baby you only get one shot at something like this :lol:
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think you might have read that in the kotaku article I posted yesterday
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Stargrave » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 am

I feel bad I got more acerbic than normal. That’s not my style I apologize if that came off snarky. No knock on the article you did it just seemed, I don’t know, like why even think that way. You know? I think everyone’s got pretty valid complaints. My complaint is one that’s been voiced many times the fan base is flooded right now with Seekers and Jetfires with an Omega on the way. Dusty Rhodes would probably call that hard times daddy.
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:35 pm

No worry :D you make a good point, it's very judgemental and neglects that all of this is personal preference. Some people balk at the price of leader Class toys afterall.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Stargrave » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:21 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:No worry :D you make a good point, it's very judgemental and neglects that all of this is personal preference. Some people balk at the price of leader Class toys afterall.

Oh man I remember buying Optimal Optimus off the shelf back in the day and it feeling like ok this is crazy expensive. Leader classes now I mean that’s a huge chunk of change! It’s nothing I take lightly for sure I certainly feel the pursestrings tighten like all of us these days. Just wish I wasn’t bless-cursed with loving these friggin’ things so much :lol:
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
ZeroWolf wrote:I think you might have read that in the kotaku article I posted yesterday

That article shouldn't be referenced. It was riddled with inaccuracies and was written for an Australian audience by a bloke that didn't even take into account the EB Games/Zing payment terms.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:04 pm

An Australian audience? I thought it was American? :-? I found the comments more value then the content anyway
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
ZeroWolf wrote:An Australian audience? I thought it was American? :-? I found the comments more value then the content anyway

I clicked your link (i'd read it elsewhere) and it redirected to the Australian site.

So now I'm curious. When you read it, does it have this line?

Editor's Note: While Hasbro Pulse doesn't ship to Australia, they have paired up with Zing Pop Culture in the country to get this bad boy crowdfunded.

And does he quote the price as $848?
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Burn wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:An Australian audience? I thought it was American? :-? I found the comments more value then the content anyway

I clicked your link (i'd read it elsewhere) and it redirected to the Australian site.

So now I'm curious. When you read it, does it have this line?

Editor's Note: While Hasbro Pulse doesn't ship to Australia, they have paired up with Zing Pop Culture in the country to get this bad boy crowdfunded.

And does he quote the price as $848?
I just clicked the link and it took me to Kotaku.com, with no mention of Australia anywhere.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I just clicked the link and it took me to Kotaku.com, with no mention of Australia anywhere.

Well, I stand by what I said given the information I had. Damn thing redirected me to an Australian version. :lol:
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:29 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Stargrave wrote:I feel bad I got more acerbic than normal. That’s not my style I apologize if that came off snarky. No knock on the article you did it just seemed, I don’t know, like why even think that way. You know? I think everyone’s got pretty valid complaints. My complaint is one that’s been voiced many times the fan base is flooded right now with Seekers and Jetfires with an Omega on the way. Dusty Rhodes would probably call that hard times daddy.

chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:09 am

Removable head w/ swappable battle-damaged face now confirmed!

https://comicbook.com/2019/08/15/transformers-unicron-haslab-removable-head-video/

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

New Removable Head and Faceplate Feature for Haslab Transformers Unicron Revealed

Postby Stargrave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:13 am

"Give me your face!" Any Transformers fans that were forged over the length of the Transformers live action movies no doubt has that heroic phrase uttered by none other than Optimus Prime himself etched in their brain. Well if you thought him bringing that level of facial justice to the Fallen was awesome, how about bringing it to the Chaos Bringer Unicron himself? That's right Seibertronians revealed today by The Collector's Alliance on Facebook via Comicbook.com (thanks Sabrblade!) is the newly revealed feature of the Haslab Unicron crowdfunded project - a detachable head and face plate!

Unicron appears to have a completely different face you can pop on revealing a fearsome level of detailed bot brains behind it.

The iconic finale of the animated movie is represented here where the Matrix tore the turquoise titan asunder leaving his head orbiting Cybertron for all eternity as the lone reminder of the greatest Transformer battle ever.
Here's a short video preview:

You can put in your order for Unicron at Haslab here. There's only 16 days 12 hours and 8 minutes left so act fast!

Enjoy the views and give some speculation on what other features might be revealed down the road in the forums. As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby william-james88 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:08 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Stargrave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 am

Much better image of the faceplate removed:
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:22 am

It's nice that the head is removable but does it actually matter? Why would you want the head to come off? Though on the other hand, I'm guessing the head coming off will make it easier to swap faces.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Stargrave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:31 am

ZeroWolf wrote:It's nice that the head is removable but does it actually matter? Why would you want the head to come off? Though on the other hand, I'm guessing the head coming off will make it easier to swap faces.

So you can recreate his head blowing the heck off at the end of the 86 movie :twisted: yeah baby.
Stargrave
Godmaster

Postby DarthFoozar » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:32 am

I expected something like this. We probably all were. My only complaint about this feature is that the neck doesn't have some detail that looks like tubes and such from the movie detachment, though that is a small issue.

Hopefully, they will next reveal teeny, tiny Dinobots that we can attach to his butt.
DarthFoozar
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Stargrave » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am

DarthFoozar wrote:I expected something like this. We probably all were. My only complaint about this feature is that the neck doesn't have some detail that looks like tubes and such from the movie detachment, though that is a small issue.

Hopefully, they will next reveal teeny, tiny Dinobots that we can attach to his butt.

Great call! I'm thinking some insane blast effects - fire breath, explosions, eye blasts maybe, I don't know. Just accessories we haven't seen with Jetfire or Omega like multi-part fireblasts in that cool bluegreen Unicron would shoot in the final battle.

I would love to see somewhere in there the brain module with all the screens or a smelting pool when you open his stomach things like that would be crazy cool.
Stargrave
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #102 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 NOV190633 102RI Ninja Turtles Ongoing 231010X"
TMNT #102 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #112 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles OCT200462 112RI 231010D"
TMNT #112 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221743 3C (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240107 2C (W/CA) Shalvey (A) Moss"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Q 1:20 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240121 2Q Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr E Gatefold Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220273 1E (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230387 4A (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #149 Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics 2024 JAN241250 149D Turtles Ongoing Wijngaard"
NEW!
TMNT #149 Cvr D 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics DEC220423 1C Aragones"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240190 3C (W/CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #2 Cvr F 1:50 IDW Comics JUN231497 2F (CA) Alburquerque"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT URBAN LEGENDS #22 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 Turtles DEC190613 22B (A/CA) Fosco"
TMNT URBAN LEGENDS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 OCT231359 8A (CA) Myer"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #9 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics 2024 OCT231365 9C (CA) Levins"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON