This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Armada remold when? ;)

More like: IDW version when?

More like lets see if this is even a thing first.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I have faith it can happen.

Besides, the IDW version is by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the coolest he has ever looked
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Chriphord » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:43 pm

Motto: "You've got to put the bananas away, before you die."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I have faith it can happen.

Besides, the IDW version is by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar the coolest he has ever looked

I do really like that version, and wouldn’t mind a representation of that as well. But I want this one first.
Chriphord
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Buy from Chriphord on eBay
Alt Mode: Big Red Dog
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Emerje » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:02 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I know it was an accepted thing by Beast Wars, but teeth on Transformers really creep me out. It is just wrong [-(

Don't spend a lot of time looking at your signature do you? ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

New HasLab Unicron Video Highlights Planet Mode

Postby Emerje » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:36 pm

As a follow up to the previous bot mode video, Hasbro has released a new video for HasLab Unicron featuring planet mode on Pulse. John Warden is back again taking a close look at the finer points of the roughly beach ball sized planet and its 30" spread across the ring which also happen to be all of the same features listed on the site.

Planet Mode
  • Convert and bring forth the terrifying planet mode of Unicron, a stunning 30” in diameter.
  • His iconic planet-eating jaws are geared to open so the vicious Planet Eater can devour unassuming worlds.
  • The Chaos Bringer's imposing presence is amplified by his massive posable planetary rings.
  • To support the substantial weight of the approximate 19-pound villainous planet, Unicron requires a custom stand.
  • Do not be fooled. The premium detail and deco are, indeed, inspired by classic 1986 movie, but it is not, in fact, The Lord of Chaos himself.

No real surprises in the video, but it is fairly awe inspiring seeing a person standing next to the massive planet and knowing that could potentially be in your home in 2021! I'm still trying to wrap my head around those finger-thick rings!

Below you'll find all of the HasLab Unicron videos posted on Hasbro Pulse thus far and a selection of screen grabs from the latest video. There's still just slightly over 12 days remaining to the crowdfund with numbers sitting at 2,747 backers at the time of writing. There's still plenty of time for backers to join and the numbers likely do not reflect international and third party orders yet.

Transformers Unicron Planet Mode

Transformers Unicron Robot Mode

Transformers Unicron Conversion

Introducing Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron

Emerje
News Staff

Re: New HasLab Unicron Video Highlights Planet Mode

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Do not be fooled. The premium detail and deco are, indeed, inspired by classic 1986 movie, but it is not, in fact, The Lord of Chaos himself.
Huh? :???:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Do not be fooled. The premium detail and deco are, indeed, inspired by classic 1986 movie, but it is not, in fact, The Lord of Chaos himself.
Huh? :???:

Yeah, it took me a moment to figure out that that they mean it's a super high detailed toy and not the real Unicron. Super awkward thing to put in there.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Burn » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Emerje wrote:the numbers likely do not reflect international and third party orders yet.

It's not "likely", it's a known fact that the number doesn't include all international orders.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Emerje » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:24 am

Burn wrote:
Emerje wrote:the numbers likely do not reflect international and third party orders yet.

It's not "likely", it's a known fact that the number doesn't include all international orders.

Just the affiliated international orders, we don't know what the domestic and international third party shops are doing. They could be waiting until the end to submit their orders or they could be placing the 5 unit maximum as they reach them, we don't know hence the "likely".

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:42 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Emerje wrote:
Burn wrote:

Just the affiliated international orders, we don't know what the domestic and international third party shops are doing. They could be waiting until the end to submit their orders or they could be placing the 5 unit maximum as they reach them, we don't know hence the "likely".

Emerje

Which is why I intentionally left out third party shops. :wink:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby mooncake623 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:49 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
I will be very sad if this doesn't happen. :(
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby YRQRM0 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am

That chrome is really nice, but the way the spikes sit on the sides is really lame, you can tell it's on a long rubber piece and not firmly sitting in there. I would have liked to see a bit more paint as well. I'm still hoping this doesn't make it and we get an even better take on him one day.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
YRQRM0 wrote:That chrome is really nice, but the way the spikes sit on the sides is really lame, you can tell it's on a long rubber piece and not firmly sitting in there. I would have liked to see a bit more paint as well. I'm still hoping this doesn't make it and we get an even better take on him one day.

Considering this is meant to be the best version anything after this is going to be a compromise of sorts. They don't have an easy task to turn a perfect sphere into a G1 accurate robot mode. Armada cheated with the planet shells while Primus got the benefit of being designed to take into account the planet pieces (if he happened in G1 toon, his planet pieces would have disappeared perfectly as well)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:24 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Emerje wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I know it was an accepted thing by Beast Wars, but teeth on Transformers really creep me out. It is just wrong [-(

Don't spend a lot of time looking at your signature do you? ;)

Emerje

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I tend to go for option C, the context sensitive, situational faces of Beast Wars. Wherein your altmode doesn't just determine your outer shell, but is reflected throughout your entire aesthetic. Some characters have mouths, teeth, no mouths, no eyes etc But as long as it is consistent with their overall design

:-D
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ZeroWolf wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:That chrome is really nice, but the way the spikes sit on the sides is really lame, you can tell it's on a long rubber piece and not firmly sitting in there. I would have liked to see a bit more paint as well. I'm still hoping this doesn't make it and we get an even better take on him one day.

Considering this is meant to be the best version anything after this is going to be a compromise of sorts. They don't have an easy task to turn a perfect sphere into a G1 accurate robot mode. Armada cheated with the planet shells while Primus got the benefit of being designed to take into account the planet pieces (if he happened in G1 toon, his planet pieces would have disappeared perfectly as well)

I agree with this. This was essentially called our Masterpiece Unicron. We won't get any better than this
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby YRQRM0 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:14 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

I agree with this. This was essentially called our Masterpiece Unicron. We won't get any better than this

I get it, but for me downsizing would actually be a big improvement, I really just don't care for him to be this big, the same way that I don't care that MP-10 is smaller than MP-1 was. Unicron won't scale with anything so it doesn't matter to me. Surely they can use what they've learned to make a solid similar robot mode and planet mode, maybe without the stand and some articulation/feature loss, but good-looking all the same. Just look how far we've come with some of the Masterpiece characters who have had multiple iterations, or the hundreds of movie prime iterations for example. This will be the best Unicron for some people, but for me there's room for improvement.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube

Postby Stargrave » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Well if it doesn’t work out who knows maybe we’ll get a smaller version or incarnation like at the end of Cybertron. He’ll just be a spiky tank or a spiky car instead of hellish horned death world.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Iamrook » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:27 am

I just backed Unicron, but I'm only 2803 out of 8000. I begged my wife for this so I do hope that it makes it.
Iamrook
Mini-Con

Postby megatronus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:54 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Iamrook wrote:I just backed Unicron, but I'm only 2803 out of 8000. I begged my wife for this so I do hope that it makes it.

You and me both, brother.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hasbro Pulse now has a complete transformation video for Unicron.

Man, this thing is way more involved in its transformation than the Armada Unicron mold. So many little pieces and parts moving to all sorts of places.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436

New Transformers War for Cybertron Unicron Step By Step Transformation Video

Postby Stargrave » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:58 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Just in from Hasbro we have a video showing the step by step transformation of Unicron from demonic planet to devilish robot! The video is staring Kunihiro, Senior Product Design with TakaraTomy, this time a tad dressed down from his more formal tuxedo. It's amazing to see how they've managed to compress and fold the shell of a sphere predominantly in his legs. It truly is the cutting edge of Transformer toy engineering. Just like in the cartoon this Unicron has no precedent. There never has been and may never be another Transformers toy on this scale or with this attention to detail. Unicron definitely marks an enormous signpost on the road of the life of this brand. 2019 will forevermore be known as the year of War for Cybertron, the year of Siege, (the year of Rung) and the year of Unicron!

The Chaos Bringer, the darkest of dark ones is just under 3,000 orders currently out of the minimum of 8,000 with only ten more days to go. Even Unicron needs help sometimes! You have the power to tame the malicious maw that seeks to devour the galaxy! Show your support for this project and put in your order by clicking this link!
Enjoy the view and share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forum. And as always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I have a feeling Hasbro might make this even if it doesnt reach the requirement. There seems to be a lot of background information surfacing on this as compared to the sail barge. Of course, I might be wrong since I didn't follow the development of that as closely as Unicron.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby ToastBucket » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm

impressive. i like how it doesnt seem to be necessary to remove the stand
ToastBucket
Mini-Con

Postby BERSEKAEL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:01 pm

why that music? if they want to sell better use G1 music, such movie, or get rights to play cybertronic spree...
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Speed: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Randomhero » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:58 pm

BERSEKAEL wrote:why that music? if they want to sell better use G1 music, such movie, or get rights to play cybertronic spree...

It’s just background music who cares and if I had to listen to the g1 theme which is 30 seconds long 6 times for over 5 minutes I’d slit my wrists
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on AMAZON