This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby firefox91 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:04 pm

I have to be honest, watching that video made me want it less because of the sheer amount of work it takes to transform it. But I'm not a hardcore TF fan, won't ever claim to be. The cost, the wait, and really just because it's a character that I'm not really in to, I'm passing.
firefox91
Mini-Con

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Not liking the the dangly rubber spike strips, kind of like hes wearing fly paper in robot mode but I guess it would be a nice anti air defence mechanism when all the flyinbg forces try to stop and end up getting stuck to them.

A lot of his poses hide them but it would have been nice if they actually went somewhere.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Now, if they can just include that rotating turntable as well so we don't have to keep taking trips walking around this figure to transform it from all sides.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby BERSEKAEL » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:54 pm

we, fans, care, that background music is dissapointing for an expensive product. $1000 plus if shiped to europe

and here is a decent G1 music better than the crap they have, is 8 times longer than 30 seconds
https://youtu.be/SpY4na_ofxs
BERSEKAEL
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Buy from BERSEKAEL on eBay
Strength: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Rainmaker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:07 pm

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
BERSEKAEL wrote:we, fans, care, that background music is dissapointing

we really don't

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Rainmaker wrote:

we really don't

Seconded.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Decepticon Stryker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 pm

Motto: "Peace through Tyranny, Tyranny through Strength, Strength through Stealth"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Burn wrote:
Rainmaker wrote:

we really don't

Seconded.

Thirded.

Also, I am impressed at the fact that there's barely any parts forming. I knew there had to be some, but I did not expect it to be so minimal.
I have a blog now. Check it out:
http://www.hydrogenham.blogspot.com

Decepticon Stryker
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet and Pickup car
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:Now, if they can just include that rotating turntable as well so we don't have to keep taking trips walking around this figure to transform it from all sides.

Hey, with as long as it takes to transform him, and with as many times as you have to walk around him, they are just trying to save you a gym membership ;)

I love some of the Twitter and Facebook comments where people are all like "it's too complex" or "now I see the price more, but it needs a warranty for how complex it is"

What the hell did you expect? do you see how posable it is and how the 2 modes are nothing at all alike? Wow :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Burn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:What the hell did you expect? do you see how posable it is and how the 2 modes are nothing at all alike? Wow :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are just looking for reasons to justify why they don't want him.

Or they're just lame and nitpick over the tiniest of things, take your pick.
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Burn wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:What the hell did you expect? do you see how posable it is and how the 2 modes are nothing at all alike? Wow :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are just looking for reasons to justify why they don't want him.

That's been the case since day 1 and I have grown tired of it. August 31 can't happen quick enough so that we can move on from this thing and the people that don't want him (or don't want to want him) can just move onto something else.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Lexomatic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:57 pm

At TFcon DC 2017, the design style of one of the third-party manufacturers was described as "explode into a million pieces chained together". That's kinda what I'm seeing in the transformation video, what with the four planet-quadrants that hang off the legs during an intermediate stage, and the entire forward midline and maw as a backpack.

The radii of the planet- and robot-mode curves are different, and the obvious solution is shellforming, but I'm disappointed that it's all via hinges and floppy swing-bars instead of sliding joints. Actually, I'm more disappointed that they didn't devise an eversion technique -- that is, the body parts turn inside-out, to reduce kibble and increase density. (Something like MP-48 Lio Convoy, whose lion head and mane swap between "organic" and "sculptural".)

Consider those flexible spike-studded equator strips, described above as "flypaper". Why not roll them onto the shoulders, where the Flory Dery model has spikes at the base of each wing? Or at worst, stuff them inside the torso? (Maybe the torso volume is reserved for light-and-sound gimmicks.)

Now I'm curious to see if one of the third-party makers comes up with a version at the (currently popular) Legends scale. "There's this tiny weird-lookin' planet shovin' up the suburbs of Cybertron." "Jazz, you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope."
Lexomatic
Mini-Con

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Personally, I'm in a weird place with Unicron. Like, I don't want him (exclusively because of the price and space) but I understand why others do. But, I also for some reason really wish he was smaller, just so Fort Max could still have the tallest toy because that was what his toy was known for. It's such a weird nitpicky reason that I have no reason to have because I grew up with Animated and the movies, so I obviously never had the original Fort Max and thus don't have the nostalgia for owning the tallest Transformers toy ever. But every time I see a new update on Unicron I have the same feeling I get with 3rd Party figures with the "That looks awesome! Too bad I'll never be able to afford it" :lol:
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

Postby 1984forever » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 am

1) It’s too complex.

2) The weird elevator music makes this product a must-pass.
1984forever
Targetmaster

Postby Burn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:26 am

1984forever wrote:1) It’s too complex.

:roll:

1984forever wrote:2) The weird elevator music makes this product a must-pass.

Wow, writing a product off because of the backing music in ONE of it's advertising videos.
:roll:
Burn
Forum Admin

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:31 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Only problem is, Bakugan have been doing balls to robots for years now. Unicron should have been able to roll along the floor for a quick change :P and slightly leap in the air like the battle chargers (also come with a disclaimer about crushed pets or kids if the action feature is used improperly).
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Courage: 9

Postby Emerje » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:21 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

I hear there's a mute button on the figure so it doesn't play the music while you're transforming it.

And watching the video I have to laugh a little at the people that originally insisted this Unicron wasn't any more complex than the Armada version.

Now I want to see a video of Unicron being transformed back into planet mode and see how much time it takes to get all the panels aligned. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:14 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Emerje wrote:

I hear there's a mute button on the figure so it doesn't play the music while you're transforming it.

And watching the video I have to laugh a little at the people that originally insisted this Unicron wasn't any more complex than the Armada version.

Now I want to see a video of Unicron being transformed back into planet mode and see how much time it takes to get all the panels aligned. ;)

Emerje

There was people who actually thought that?

So I know a must buy, and I know a pass but what is a must pass?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:54 am

ZeroWolf wrote:So I know a must buy, and I know a pass but what is a must pass?
Whatever it is, it sounds to me like when little boys absolutely don't want their grandma or aunt to give them a kiss in front of their friends. :P

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:31 am

blackeyedprime wrote:Not liking the the dangly rubber spike strips, kind of like hes wearing fly paper in robot mode but I guess it would be a nice anti air defence mechanism when all the flyinbg forces try to stop and end up getting stuck to them.

A lot of his poses hide them but it would have been nice if they actually went somewhere.

Yeah, those rubber strips really hurt him imo. You can even tell they're rubber in planet mode by how they sit awkwardly. The more I see, the less I want.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:40 am

YRQRM0 wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:Not liking the the dangly rubber spike strips, kind of like hes wearing fly paper in robot mode but I guess it would be a nice anti air defence mechanism when all the flyinbg forces try to stop and end up getting stuck to them.

Yeah, those rubber strips really hurt him imo. You can even tell they're rubber in planet mode by how they sit awkwardly. The more I see, the less I want.
They had to be rubber for safety and durability reasons, guys. Anything less flexible would either be too pokey or could snap off the figure like a twig. And that's about $600 down the drain at that point.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Chriphord » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:40 am

Motto: "You've got to put the bananas away, before you die."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:

They had to be rubber for safety and durability reasons, guys. Anything less flexible would either be too pokey or could snap off the figure like a twig. And that's about $600 down the drain at that point.

If we double the size, we won't have to worry about the durability of hard spikes at that point. Problem solved!
Chriphord
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Buy from Chriphord on eBay
Alt Mode: Big Red Dog
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 am

unicron1200 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
YRQRM0 wrote:

If we double the size, we won't have to worry about the durability of hard spikes at that point. Problem solved!
Well, if you're willing to fork over $1200 for a 54-inch-tall Unicron, then good on you. ;)^

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stargrave » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I would love to see Cybertron Primus parked right in front of him I bet it looks perfect.

And that song just makes me want it more.

Xylophones and Unicron like chocolate in my peanut butter, so good.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 am

Stargrave wrote:I would love to see Cybertron Primus parked right in front of him I bet it looks perfect.
Going by the movie, Cybertron ought to be bigger than Unicron. Much bigger.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Stargrave » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Yeah I was completely wrong.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230713A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON