This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby Seibertron » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:26 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I doubt that the orders from stores like Robot Kingdom and BBTS pushed Unicron over the required order goal. Nobody but the individual backers should be getting this.

It might not have been those two retailers specifically, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened from what I've heard various retailers saying based on their order numbers. They gambled hugely, we all got Unicron, and their gamble will turn into a payday for them since a lot of people didn't order it for $600 but are now willing to pay $1,500. Go figure.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder if we'll get a Primus/Cybertron eventually. Or is he not a high-enough profile character?
This is more than likely just a one-off. Most franchises don't get multiple crowdfunded items of this high-end price.

If HasLab can do Star Wars twice then I don't see why they can't do Transformers twice.
Star Wars is a much bigger property than Transformers.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Seibertron » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder if we'll get a Primus/Cybertron eventually. Or is he not a high-enough profile character?
This is more than likely just a one-off. Most franchises don't get multiple crowdfunded items of this high-end price.

If HasLab can do Star Wars twice then I don't see why they can't do Transformers twice.

Transformers is plenty big enough. I'm sure we'll get another HasLab exclusive later down the road. Personally, I'm rooting for HasLab Devcon.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Emerje » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

A bigger property that Hasbro has to pay out the nose to license, they can do whatever they want with Transformers for free.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Something on a smaller scale, sure.

But another $600 giant? Y'all really wanna play this game a second time?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 pm

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

A bigger property that Hasbro has to pay out the nose to license, they can do whatever they want with Transformers for free.

Emerje

Not necessarily. Pretty sure the "manufactured under license from TOMY Company, Ltd." doesn't mean entirely "free". I'm sure there are strings attached, though much better than licensing Star Wars toys from Lucasfilm/Disney.

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Seibertron » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Something on a smaller scale, sure.

You've changed what you're saying. No, I don't think we'll get another $600 toy any time soon. A smaller HasLab Transformers toy? Maybe if we're lucky. Lots they can do before a Divorce Class II Primus.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:49 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

As stated before, the brand is de jure owned by TakaraTomy believe it or not but Hasbro is putting in most of the design work. Comparing it to Star Wars is kinda comparing apples and oranges, as Star Wars is a movie franchise first and foremost, plus the fans are of a different caliber. Hell, they have an official Jedi religion in Australia, only Star Trek's Klingon language could top that. What do we have? :lol:
Last edited by Jelze Bunnycat on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Seibertron wrote:

You've changed what you're saying. No, I don't think we'll get another $600 toy any time soon. A smaller HasLab Transformers toy? Maybe if we're lucky. Lots they can do before a Divorce Class II Primus.
The original inquiry was asking about another Unicron-sized figure. That's what I was referring to. Something of that enormity doesn't seem likely to happen again.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Seibertron » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:02 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

The original inquiry was asking about another Unicron-sized figure. That's what I was referring to. Something of that enormity doesn't seem likely to happen again.

Ack. Sorry. I even quoted your comment about "something on a smaller scale, sure." Sorry Sabrblade. :oops:
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:12 am

Of course, thinking more about it, something on a smaller scale might beg the question of why not just putting it in one of the many normal lines or releasing it as a normal retailer exclusive.

To use the Devcon example, why wouldn't they make a new Devcon at, say, Deluxe or Voyager class and just put it in either a mass retail Generations line or as a retailer exclusive (e.g. - Amazon, Hasbro Pulse, etc.)? Why would it take the likes of HasLab to release such a normal-sized figure?

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AcademyofDrX » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:14 am

Seibertron wrote:... but again, we shouldn't be having to customize a $600 figure. Or maybe Hasbro will offer up a fix for this since we all spent a lot of money on this.

"Having to"
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Seibertron » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:42 am

Sabrblade wrote:Of course, thinking more about it, something on a smaller scale might beg the question of why not just putting it in one of the many normal lines or releasing it as a normal retailer exclusive.

To use the Devcon example, why wouldn't they make a new Devcon at, say, Deluxe or Voyager class and just put it in either a mass retail Generations line or as a retailer exclusive (e.g. - Amazon, Hasbro Pulse, etc.)? Why would it take the likes of HasLab to release such a normal-sized figure?

I was exaggerating and agree with u. Just looking for something special.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:57 am

Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Of course, thinking more about it, something on a smaller scale might beg the question of why not just putting it in one of the many normal lines or releasing it as a normal retailer exclusive.

I was exaggerating and agree with u. Just looking for something special.
;)^

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:21 am

(checks the vid) The lower teeth aren't painted? Geez. I guess it to match the faceless head, but come on, guys. If this were 3P I'd have expected it to be painted. I don't think I want to sharpie my $600 Transformer. I'll sticker it, though.

I don't think Primus would be worth it. Not to me, at least. As a character he's not nearly as important. Not every TF needs a rival.

I said it before and I'll say it again: I'd be interested in mass production of the G1 Unicron Prototype. Not for the same amount of money, but I'd back it. If they needed to add more, they could finish the G1 Arcee prototype (with the same inaccurate colors) so people could have a complete G1 movie cast in G1 form. It may be the same character, but it fills a totally different niche and is a real piece of history. I don't think it'd ever happen, though.
Last edited by Gauntlet101010 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:06 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I hope that there is a plain outer box to this so the couriers don't smash that printed one up!

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 am

Now, a TakaraTomy Generations Selects redeco of Commander class Rodimus Prime as Primus, that would be golden.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Evil Eye » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Hooooooo boy this is uh...well, I'm sure glad I didn't back this thing.

I was already skeptical from the original campaign for reasons I won't bother repeating in detail (TLDR: amateurish looking shellformery backpacky transformation) but having seen the changes to the production version, notably the blue maw (inb4 CWC comparisons), the unpainted lower teeth, the visibile screwholes on the front where they literally just made two of the same arm, the inhalable-class Rodimus and Galvatron being even more useless and low effort than they already were, the unpainted inner fingers, etc etc etc, yeah I'm glad I kept my £500. The maw is particularly sad because the thing this really had going for it was the pretty impressive planet mode...and they screwed it up with an entirely pointless change.

I hope anyone that backed it is happy with it. Because from where I'm standing this looks like a complete disaster.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby AcademyofDrX » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:30 pm

As someone who did actually want and buy the figure, none of the complaints I've seen so far have remotely diminished my interest. I do not know why there were minor paint changes, but since my job isn't manufacturing, selling, and distributing toys, I'm not going to pretend I know better than Hasbro.

The internet was practically invented for complaining, so I'm not going to stand in judgement. If anyone genuinely feels cheated that the product isn't worth the $600 they've committed for it, I'll be happy to pay you that amount to take it off your hands, and you won't have to feel disappointed anymore.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Sad that even something like this could end up with paint shortages and mold layout limits. Maybe this will be a case of flawed early examples and the rest of the run was tweaked, but doesn't seem likely.

I kinda have mixed feelings about the blue parts of the maw - on the one hand, it's absolutely inaccurate. On the other hand, it does prevent the area from looking like an orange blob.

I understand why they did the shellformer thing - trying to do the finalized robot mode design and have it transform into a spherical planet demands a compromise of some form or other, whether it be that or the pods and shell-wings the Armada mold has. Especially if you want the planet to look complete. Unicron's finalized robot mode from the movie is just THAT badly cheated.
The shell pieces look to be less in the way the ones Armada Unicron has on his back, so that's a definite plus IMO.

The wing integration looks good, still, and there's still that very nice planet mode stand.

I'm still satisfied with the Armada mold, myself. But that's definitely a case of me settling for "Good enough" - there are some definite design superiorities to this one.

Regarding the idea of a Planet-class Primus... I honestly don't see that as being likely to happen. But if they do do it, it'd be a lot more straightforward to develop and would not have to resort to shellforming to capture the screen design. Because, well, the major appearance of Primus-as-Cybertron in robot mode is in Transformers: Cybertron. And thus, it would basically be an enhanced upscale of the 2006 Supreme-class toy.
Wonder if they'd use miniatures of the colony ships as incentive pieces. Or include a cardboard version Cybertron's version of the Ark.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

Not necessarily. Pretty sure the "manufactured under license from TOMY Company, Ltd." doesn't mean entirely "free". I'm sure there are strings attached, though much better than licensing Star Wars toys from Lucasfilm/Disney.

I'm guessing the trade off is that Takara Tomy gets to use Hasbro's trademarks. I doubt there's much in the way of rights money being passed between the two. Seems like something we would have heard about during one of their investors meetings. Might be a question worth asking at some point.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

I'm guessing the trade off is that Takara Tomy gets to use Hasbro's trademarks. I doubt there's much in the way of rights money being passed between the two. Seems like something we would have heard about during one of their investors meetings. Might be a question worth asking at some point.

Emerje

More like gets to use whatever molds Hasbro commissions, due to how copyright law works (that's how we got the Sky Lynx reissue). See my previous post for the Star Wars bit.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:08 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Well, actually, we got the Sky Lynx reissue because Toybox (who Hasbro licensed it from) so happened to have subcontracted making the Mechabot-1 and Shuttle Dinosaur molds to Tomy, and so Tomy retained possession of them. And they were rediscovered during a warehouse inventory.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Can't wait to see the ridiculous secondary market valuation for this figure.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:27 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, actually, we got the Sky Lynx reissue because Toybox (who Hasbro licensed it from) so happened to have subcontracted making the Mechabot-1 and Shuttle Dinosaur molds to Tomy, and so Tomy retained possession of them. And they were rediscovered during a warehouse inventory.

Exactly my point. Copyright defaulted to Tomy, then TakaraTomy upon merger.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST OF STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV1 2022 New"
GHOST OF STARSCREA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
DEAD OPTIMUS PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" dino figure WV2 figure 2023"
GRIMLOCK + WHEELIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Vinyl Figure #22 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers BUMBLEBEE Vinyl Figure #23 Retro Toys 2020 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop! Transformers SOUNDWAVE Vinyl Figure #37 Retro Toys Gamestop 2021 New"
Funko Pop! Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON