This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HasLab Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON!!!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Haslab Unicron Discussion Thread

Postby alekese » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:24 am

Looks like I accidentally kicked over an anthill, woops. Want to clarify that I have nothing against o.supreme and AcademyofDr.X; I realize that by airing grievances I have with my experience in the fandom in a reply to their comments, it implies that I'm accusing them of those things, when that isn't the case. Their only "crime" is expressing surprise/incredulity over a medium that doesn't convey nuance or tone well, in a thread whos last few pages of negativity have tinted everyone's perceptions for the worse. I will note that I referred to 86 as a commercial at the end of my diatribe, which is where that quibble came from.

Rtron wrote:I haven't seen much vitriol directed at the line by itself, but rather, at how we seem to always go back to the same well. Most people don't dislike G1. I think most of us who came after it was long dead actually really like the designs. Hell, Siege/Earthrise seem to have been a big success with "younger" adult fans. What post-G1 people dislike is how all-encompassing it's become. That everything has to fit G1. I LOVE the G1 robots, they're cool as hell! But I strongly dislike that it's the bar that every new Transformers is measured against, and how much it seems to force the brand to remain stagnant. The pushback every new idea gets is what's bothersome. Hell, even the movieverse is going G1 now. If there were any alternatives, it wouldn't be a problem. But there aren't, specially in fiction. Toy-wise, the situation is slowly getting quite better.

This. This this thisthisthis. This is the core of my issue with g1, at least toywise. I don't have a problem with the toys, per se, having gotten much of WFC. It's that it's the only thing on the menu.

In fact, that's a really great metaphor. The fandom as a whole is a party, with hasbro as the host, and the franchise's various offerings the food catering. The first time the party is hosted, the host serves pizza, and it's a smash hit. People can't get enough of it, and as the weeks go by they try new toppings to keep people coming back, but some of the choices, like anchovies, are questionable, and people start leaving, and more pizza is left untouched at the table. Realizing they have to change things, the host switches to chinese takeout instead. The reaction is immediate. Although there is a large group of attendees who are vocal about the fact that they thought this was a pizza party, enough are willing to try the takeout, and enough new attendees are lured in by it when they weren't by the pizza, that the takeout is a success for a while. Eventually, more and more of the takeout is left uneaten at the end of the night, so the process repeats with mexican, then cold cuts, then seafood. And all this time, this same group of attendees continue to gripe about the lack of pizza. So the host finally relents, and room at the buffet is made to bring pizza back, and it is devoured. Not only do the complainers enjoy it, but many who had stopped attending come back to remember the taste, and the newer attendees sample it too, enjoying it as well. Seeing as the pizza was a success once more, and that some of the sushi was left untouched, the host allots more of the catering budget to pizza.

Although the pizza is doing okay, the seafood side of the table is starting to get left behind, so the host shakes things up and replaces it with fast food; greasy, unhealthy, slightly misshapen and absolutely delicious. The pizza only crowd hates seeing it at the same table, but it disappears at the same rate as the pizza, so they are forced to abide by its presence. There's fried chicken there too, but it falls by the wayside in the face of the two more popular dishes, as does indian. The host fills the space left behind with lunchables, intended primarily for the kids. The recipe for the fast food changes, becoming too greasy for most, so it falls by the wayside, much of its space taken up by more pizza. An experiment is tried with pizzaburgers, and though successful, it took away space from the fast food, not the pizza. After longstanding requests, a small amount of room is made at the pizza table to bring back takeout, but the pizza displaced is merely moved to the fast food table, since the depleted menu left room there.

Generation 1 is like pizza. There's nothing wrong with it, and it's enjoyable, with a wide variety of toppings of varying degrees of appeal, like combiners with pepperoni like broad spectrum approval, or pretenders, who have many detractors, but some fans still swear swear by it, like pineapple. It's good. It tastes alright. But it's been served nonstop in some form or another for nearly the entire history of the brand. After a certain point, it doesn't matter how good a pizza is, because eventually you get sick of having it over and over and over again. But there's a small group yelling about how the blend of cheeses isn't exactly how they remember, and the crust needs to be crispier, and their raised voices carry across the hall, and are what is heard and fresh in the host's mind when it comes time to plan the spread for the next event. Most of the rest didn't complain about the pizza, per se, because it was still good. But it wasn't until the under-the-breath mutterings of 'pizza again?' became widespread enough to be noticed past the pizza brigade's shouting that room was cleared at the table, and it remains to be seen whether or not the change will stick.

I have nothing against the pizza. I don't hate it, and have enjoyed the pizza I've had. But I'm starting to get tired of having it over and over, and the arguing about how the cheese isn't the right shade of golden brown from the next table over is getting on my nerves, and I could kill for some General Tso's.

*edit:
Rtron wrote:I do think Alekese would be doing himself a favor by looking up on Youtube the scene where Unicron transforms, as it is pretty awesome. But, it's up to him..

That is one of the promotional clips I've seen that I mentioned, yeah. I thought the arm transformation matching was an inspired touch.
Last edited by alekese on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
alekese
Minibot
News Credits: 3

Postby First-Aid » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:15 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
alekese wrote:Looks like I accidentally kicked over an anthill, woops. Want to clarify that I have nothing against o.supreme and AcademyofDr.X; I realize that by airing grievances I have with my experience in the fandom in a reply to their comments, it implies that I'm accusing them of those things, when that isn't the case. Their only "crime" is expressing surprise/incredulity over a medium that doesn't convey nuance or tone well, in a thread whos last few pages of negativity have tinted everyone's perceptions for the worse. I will note that I referred to 86 as a commercial at the end of my diatribe, which is where that quibble came from.

Rtron wrote:I haven't seen much vitriol directed at the line by itself, but rather, at how we seem to always go back to the same well. Most people don't dislike G1. I think most of us who came after it was long dead actually really like the designs. Hell, Siege/Earthrise seem to have been a big success with "younger" adult fans. What post-G1 people dislike is how all-encompassing it's become. That everything has to fit G1. I LOVE the G1 robots, they're cool as hell! But I strongly dislike that it's the bar that every new Transformers is measured against, and how much it seems to force the brand to remain stagnant. The pushback every new idea gets is what's bothersome. Hell, even the movieverse is going G1 now. If there were any alternatives, it wouldn't be a problem. But there aren't, specially in fiction. Toy-wise, the situation is slowly getting quite better.

This. This this thisthisthis. This is the core of my issue with g1, at least toywise. I don't have a problem with the toys, per se, having gotten much of WFC. It's that it's the only thing on the menu.

In fact, that's a really great metaphor. The fandom as a whole is a party, with hasbro as the host, and the franchise's various offerings the food catering. The first time the party is hosted, the host serves pizza, and it's a smash hit. People can't get enough of it, and as the weeks go by they try new toppings to keep people coming back, but some of the choices, like anchovies, are questionable, and people start leaving, and more pizza is left untouched at the table. Realizing they have to change things, the host switches to chinese takeout instead. The reaction is immediate. Although there is a large group of attendees who are vocal about the fact that they thought this was a pizza party, enough are willing to try the takeout, and enough new attendees are lured in by it when they weren't by the pizza, that the takeout is a success for a while. Eventually, more and more of the takeout is left uneaten at the end of the night, so the process repeats with mexican, then cold cuts, then seafood. And all this time, this same group of attendees continue to gripe about the lack of pizza. So the host finally relents, and room at the buffet is made to bring pizza back, and it is devoured. Not only do the complainers enjoy it, but many who had stopped attending come back to remember the taste, and the newer attendees sample it too, enjoying it as well. Seeing as the pizza was a success once more, and that some of the sushi was left untouched, the host allots more of the catering budget to pizza.

Although the pizza is doing okay, the seafood side of the table is starting to get left behind, so the host shakes things up and replaces it with fast food; greasy, unhealthy, slightly misshapen and absolutely delicious. The pizza only crowd hates seeing it at the same table, but it disappears at the same rate as the pizza, so they are forced to abide by its presence. There's fried chicken there too, but it falls by the wayside in the face of the two more popular dishes, as does indian. The host fills the space left behind with lunchables, intended primarily for the kids. The recipe for the fast food changes, becoming too greasy for most, so it falls by the wayside, much of its space taken up by more pizza. An experiment is tried with pizzaburgers, and though successful, it took away space from the fast food, not the pizza. After longstanding requests, a small amount of room is made at the pizza table to bring back takeout, but the pizza displaced is merely moved to the fast food table, since the depleted menu left room there.

Generation 1 is like pizza. There's nothing wrong with it, and it's enjoyable, with a wide variety of toppings of varying degrees of appeal, like combiners with pepperoni like broad spectrum approval, or pretenders, who have many detractors, but some fans still swear swear by it, like pineapple. It's good. It tastes alright. But it's been served nonstop in some form or another for nearly the entire history of the brand. After a certain point, it doesn't matter how good a pizza is, because eventually you get sick of having it over and over and over again. But there's a small group yelling about how the blend of cheeses isn't exactly how they remember, and the crust needs to be crispier, and their raised voices carry across the hall, and are what is heard and fresh in the host's mind when it comes time to plan the spread for the next event. Most of the rest didn't complain about the pizza, per se, because it was still good. But it wasn't until the under-the-breath mutterings of 'pizza again?' became widespread enough to be noticed past the pizza brigades shouting that room was cleared at the table, and it remains to be seen whether or not the change will stick.

I have nothing against the pizza. I don't hate it, and have enjoyed the pizza I've had. But I'm starting to get tired of having it over and over, and the arguing about how the cheese isn't the right shade of golden brown from the next table over is getting on my nerves, and I could kill for some General Tso's.

*edit:
Rtron wrote:I do think Alekese would be doing himself a favor by looking up on Youtube the scene where Unicron transforms, as it is pretty awesome. But, it's up to him..

That is one of the promotional clips I've seen that I mentioned, yeah. I though the arm transformation matching was an inspired touch.

I am going to hire you as my spokesperson. You nailed everything I've been trying to say, and did it without my normal lack of tact and sticking the whole of my foot, knee, and leg in my mouth. Well said. Extremely well said.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:38 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Rtron wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Rtron wrote: Also, what's all this about berating the guy for not watching an old cartoon commercial? The dude just likes Unicron and has the money, let the guy be. It's not like he's missing out on a masterpiece of film, and even if he was, it would be his loss.

I never berated anyone, and certainly commercials were not part of the discussion (not sure where that came from), only the original film. I just asked a question. I just thought it was different for someone to pay $600 for a toy based on a character they have no connection to, I learned something new, and that is fine. If anything, I was name called, but I chose not to acknowledge that previously, in favor of taking the higher road and having an intelligent discussion

Rtron wrote:If Transformers doesn't come up with something new soon, it will go the way of superhero comics: senile, boring and on life support. Nostalgia can only go so far.

The comic book industry is suffering now because long time fans have stopped purchasing comics, and watching ancillary media because of drastic changes. I’m not saying it’s good or bad, it’s just a fact. I stopped buying IDW comics when the continuity ended in 2018 and sold all the ones I had. I don’t support IDW anymore, the same can be said for many fans. If some people like it that is fine, but if it fails, it’s not my fault because I chose not to support it.

I don't want to derail to much into comics, but I specifically meant superhero comics, which instead of moving forward, keep trying to recapture old glories, which they can't, because it's no longer that time. They aren't just alienating old fans, they alienate everyone, because the developments happening in the stories no longer matter, not even death. As for IDW, I'm very satisfied by the way the continuity ended, I think it "died a hero before becoming a villain". I'm just a bit dissapointed that the new one is just another retelling. It was just an analogy and this is not a comics thread, so I'll leave that there.

Sorry to derail this further, I wanted to reply to this yesterday, but had a work related surprise come in.
To add to the alienation, a huge part of that is that the industry decided to be too greedy and stopped including newsstands, supermarkets, et in their distribution, because unlike comicbook stores they would return unsold copies, loosing casual readers and those who had no comicbook store near them. Then the 90s happened and the industry decided to have marketing be the biggest influence of their creative process. Every comic was billed as the next big collector piece, leading to those who enjoyed good comics just dropping the stuff, the ones who remained where the die hards who had to have everything because it was already a big part of their lives, and the "investors". Now the largest group f superhero comic readers are the same from the 80s and 90s, a group that will loyaly buy everythig regardless of quality but also ages and shrinks.
Comics need to expand their readership again, a lot of efforts kinda fail though, because comicbookstores have a bad rep and the die hards don't want anything to change, which is why Peter Parker just de ages every couple of years. That's why the idw TMNT comics are so refreshing, they do what MArvel used to do from the 60s up to the mid 80s, they evolve and develop and go on and include actual change, instead of just randomly replacing a core character with someone else for a few months, just to then bring everyone back.

The movie is a toy commercial, as is all Transformers media, whether we like it or not, it's just that some are excellent commercials.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, tone can be difficult to read through text. It read as people berating a guy for not being into Transformers for the same reason older fans are. If that's not what you meant to say, then that's fine.

I do think Alekese would be doing himself a favor by looking up on Youtube the scene where Unicron transforms, as it is pretty awesome. But, it's up to him.

Edit: The toy also transforms just like he does on that scene, now that I'm watching it again! With the hand-pops-then-wrists-swivel thing and everything.

And yes, Unicron transforming is pure eye candy. The movie isn't very good, it's fun and features some great animation as well as voice acting, but I do think everyone should at least watch it once. And failing that Just look up the Unicron transformation scene, the Megatron getting reformatted into Galvatron (goddamn that's beautiful) and the Siege of Autobot city.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Sharktocron » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 am

Motto: "Give me your face"
Weapon: Death Tailer
Emerje wrote:Look, Hasbro, we get it, there's a pandemic and shipping is delayed. Just tell the truth, tell us that you need an extra month to get these out of Asia.

I believe mine's arriving in store 15 March.
Sharktocron
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Sopwith Camel

Postby Rtron » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
I had a whole response thought out, but I promised I'd leave the comic book thing there. So I'll just say that yeah, the reasons you mentioned in your post are the gist of why mainstream american comic books are in the dumps.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Dead Metal wrote:And yes, Unicron transforming is pure eye candy. The movie isn't very good, it's fun and features some great animation as well as voice acting, but I do think everyone should at least watch it once. And failing that Just look up the Unicron transformation scene, the Megatron getting reformatted into Galvatron (goddamn that's beautiful) and the Siege of Autobot city.

The '86 movie is indeed complete trash as a whole. But there's many scenes that are absolutely marvelous if taken separately.

Unicron's intro.

Optimus Prime enter the battle. (YOU GOT THE TOUCH, YOU GOT THE PAWAAAAH!)

Unicron transforming into bot.

I often play the movie just to watch these epic scenes.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
You really think that? Without letting this thread derail any more towards the 86 movie, I'll just say that watching it for the 1st time was 1 of my favorite memories when I was younger and I like watching it at least once a year to this day. It has a few bad parts, sure (any scenes with junkions as the main feature in them) but otherwise it's a great story from start to finish in my opinion with top notch animation. It just looks beautiful on a big screen hi-res TV.

My favorite scene is also Unicron's transformation, mainly because if the animation, and the shock if seeing it for the 1st time, and if I had the extra $600 at the time, I would have gotten this Unicron, even though I think he has panel-itis. It's not perfect, but it's a nice piece, even if I don't think it's worth $600 now.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby First Gen » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:43 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
If it brings you happiness, it was a solid purchase.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Sharktocron » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Motto: "Give me your face"
Weapon: Death Tailer
First Gen wrote:If it brings you happiness, it was a solid purchase.

That's really what matters here.

A lot of the critique and discussion seems to be coming from people who never wanted a Unicron figure at all or people salty they missed out.
Sharktocron
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Sopwith Camel

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:42 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Fact is Unicron has always been touted as a War for Cybertron figure and has been given all the accuracy of any other WfC figure. Maybe our expectations of him being movie accurate was misguided, especially after his "inside" playset mode was removed during the design phase.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:31 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Emerje wrote:Fact is Unicron has always been touted as a War for Cybertron figure and has been given all the accuracy of any other WfC figure. Maybe our expectations of him being movie accurate was misguided, especially after his "inside" playset mode was removed during the design phase.

Emerje

That's not really an excuse for missing paintapps from details they were hyping up though.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:49 am

It's that simple."
Dead Metal wrote:
Emerje wrote:Fact is Unicron has always been touted as a War for Cybertron figure and has been given all the accuracy of any other WfC figure. Maybe our expectations of him being movie accurate was misguided, especially after his "inside" playset mode was removed during the design phase.

Emerje

That's not really an excuse for missing paintapps from details they were hyping up though.

That part is a big WTF. Especially for the "Ultimate" Transformers.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby DMSL » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:28 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I am not bothered by the mount being a different colour, i think it still looks good.

I didn't buy Unicron, i think he is way too expensive. The complexity of the transformation and kibble amount is not something i would pay that amount for. I also think he is prone to damage, judging by the reviews i have seen. All the armature that holds the planet pieces are very thin and worries me greatly that they will break at some point.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:58 am

There's just no excuse for the lack of paint apps on the teeth or the maw. The teeth are fixable, but the maw isn't.

Still like the figure. No regrets buying it. But it really is a "glass half full" situation where you have to look at everything else they got right.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Guys, the problem with the maw being blue instead of yellow isn't that it's lacking yellow paint. It's that they changed the maw's plastic color from yellow to blue when it should have stayed yellow. It was always unpainted even in the colored prototype.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
DMSL wrote:I am not bothered by the mount being a different colour, i think it still looks good.

I didn't buy Unicron, i think he is way too expensive. The complexity of the transformation and kibble amount is not something i would pay that amount for. I also think he is prone to damage, judging by the reviews i have seen. All the armature that holds the planet pieces are very thin and worries me greatly that they will break at some point.

I'm waiting for more people to get it in hand and see what happens. If there's widespread breakage over time I expect a lot of people will be contacting Hasbro and their Credit Card companies.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Guys, the problem with the maw being blue instead of yellow isn't that it's lacking yellow paint. It's that they changed the maw's plastic color from yellow to blue when it should have stayed yellow. It was always unpainted even in the colored prototype.

That's sort of arguing semantics, though.

The change in plastics wouldn't be a problem if they had used yellow paint, right?

Although you can also say changing the plastics at all was the main problem.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:56 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Depends if problems arise when it came to actually casting the plastic and could only put the maw in with blue plastic. And as for being unpainted, they might have allocated all of the painting budget by the time they discovered that the maw was going to be blue.

As I said before, cartoon accuracy be dammed, I think this looks better this way.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Guys, the problem with the maw being blue instead of yellow isn't that it's lacking yellow paint. It's that they changed the maw's plastic color from yellow to blue when it should have stayed yellow. It was always unpainted even in the colored prototype.

The change in plastics wouldn't be a problem if they had used yellow paint, right?

Complaining about a lack of paint on the maw is complaining about something that was never there to begin with. It is the change in plastic color that's the main problem.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:

Complaining about a lack of paint on the maw is complaining about something that was never there to begin with. It is the change in plastic color that's the main problem.

>:oP

The problem is that it isn't yellow. I'll leave it at that.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:50 am

It's that simple."
Prime VS Prime had fun dekibling Unicron:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:31 am

Got an email this morning titled "Important news about your TFSource WFC Unicron order":
Dear TFSource Customer,

The time has come! Transformers: War for Cybertron Unicron is almost here and we are just as excited as you are to finally add the larger-than-life figure in hand. Since it has been over a year from the initial preorder release, we want to address a few things prior to shipping to help ensure a smooth delivery.

First, is the shipping address. To ensure your order is shipped to the correct destination, please click the link below and fill out the shipping address form. It is important to note that the final address provided in the questionnaire will be where your TFS Unicron order is shipped. Please complete form by Sunday, March 14th.

Second, we know this is an extremely important collectible and centerpiece of each collection. To protect this collectible in transit TFSource is taking additional steps to secure the box packaging is not damaged in transit including: Double boxing each piece with a sturdy double-wall corrugate outer box and additional bubble wrapping. However, please note that even with the precautions we are taking, TFSource cannot guarantee the box condition of the figure due to the large box size.

Finally, as previously mentioned Free Shipping will not apply to this product due to the yearly increased shipping rates and extreme oversized box that Unicron will ship in. We will reach out to each customer individually with your balance of payment due for Unicron and the additional shipping costs.

We look forward to seeing Unicron apart of your collection. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at customercare@tfsource.com

Your Friends at TFSource!

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby o.supreme » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Wow...so they are going to stick it to each customer for extra shipping, harsh...
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:32 pm

o.supreme wrote:Wow...so they are going to stick it to each customer for extra shipping, harsh...
They said a long time ago that the free shipping wouldn't apply.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:09 am

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #263 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY220259 263A (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #263 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr G cardstock Image Comics 2022 1G (CA) White Sketch"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 NOV210222 6A (CA) Glapion (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #30 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM305 30A (CA) Tomaselli (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #30 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #11 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 APR220208 11A (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr D DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223270 1D (CA) Murphy"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #28 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM284 28A (CA) Renaud"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN Classic Collection HC DC Image Comics 2022 JUL228083 (CA) Capullo"
BATMAN SPAWN Class ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr H DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223275 1H (CA) Fabok"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 AUG210014 1B (CA) McFarlane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #1 Cvr B virgin Image Comics 2023 NOV220030 1B Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230312 23B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131E"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON