This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:31 am

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
kirbenvost wrote:Prime's fists are grey again. I guess we'll find out what it's gonna be when Earthrise finally hits stores.

No, they're not. We've been through this. Any time they appear in official imagery from Hasbro it has grey hands cuz they keep using slightly older prototypes. Not only have multiple separate people's final in-hand copies show that the hands are painted blue, but the most recent official Takara photography in Figure King magazine has them painted blue, as well. They. Will. Be. Blue.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby autobot00 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:23 am

frogbat wrote:I’m now wondering if I made a mistake not to order star scream... loved the classics figure with the only issue back then was his size. I have the siege screamer which I love (chest piece falling off aside).. didn’t get repaints and so intend to get a skywarp or the coneheads....

you can fix starscreams chest by simply taking a small screwdriver and slightly enlarging the holes in the chest piece so it pegs in better. I have 4 copies of starscream (3 i modded) and i've done this to all of them and i can transform them without it popping off. Its the same fix for ironhides leg panels.
autobot00
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby bodrock » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:43 am

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
I am considering hunting down G1 Scorponok....but for half the price, I should probably just wait for the Titan.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:49 am

Yeah, G1 Scorp can get pricy due to all the fiddly bits that can get lost. Probably best to buy a complete one rather than hunting parts... or the KO from recent years? His color is ever so slightly off, but makes a great substitute on the cheap.

Of course the elephant in the room is that — although a great toy — he is half the size of his rival Fort Max. It will be excellent to get a properly sized double headmaster Scorponok this year. Truly stoked!
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby bodrock » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
I considered the KO “reissue” for $260ish.....but I can get the G1 for a little more than that, albeit loose. The Titan will definitely be proper-sized, though, to go with Titan ‘Max!
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Firepower: 6

Postby cruizerdave » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:07 pm

The Voyager Screamer looks good, BUT, I already have three Classics Screamers, Thundercracker, Skywarp, the coneheads and Acid Storm, and while they don't scale well with the Autobot cars, they do scale well with all the Combiner Wars, Titans Return and other stuff. Do I really want to spend $260 to replace my core seekers and then be on the look out to spend more money so I have larger Aerialbots? It's a rabbit hole ...
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby AcademyofDrX » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:25 pm

I felt the Classics seekers were too small compared to most other contemporary figures, so ultimately I sold the core six to defray the costs of Earthrise. My combiners spend most of their time combined, so I don't worry about them as much.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:24 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I never got the Classics mold, so I'll probably get most of the Earthrise Seekers, especially since I never picked up Siege's offerings for Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Starscream. Though, I hope it's another boxset for the Coneheads. I know it was a hassle to get because it was a Target exclusive, but I think that the idea of packing three less iconic figures into a three pack, and then selling it for like $10 cheaper than it would be otherwise was a good one. On the other hand, I'm willing to bet that consumers didn't really care for it considering how fast it went on clearance after the holidays
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Microbot » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:20 pm

I don't know about Starscream....maybe if the coneheads show up....but don't know....aand I really hope OP still has his bleu hands. Also, I hope Hasbro release slow video transformation like the Siege figures
Microbot
Minibot

Postby Flashwave » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I never got the Classics mold, so I'll probably get most of the Earthrise Seekers, especially since I never picked up Siege's offerings for Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Starscream. Though, I hope it's another boxset for the Coneheads. I know it was a hassle to get because it was a Target exclusive, but I think that the idea of packing three less iconic figures into a three pack, and then selling it for like $10 cheaper than it would be otherwise was a good one. On the other hand, I'm willing to bet that consumers didn't really care for it considering how fast it went on clearance after the holidays

Target is not aways a good Barometer for stuff like that. The stores have always tended to turn and burn stuff, especially Exclusives that have been out for a while, rather than letting it linger.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby AFTRHR » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:12 pm

Weapon: Railgun
ScottyP wrote:I read Airwave and Alicon too quickly and had a cool three seconds of hope for Aileron. That ship sailed though methinks.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one! Even now I still read it as Aileron, haha
AFTRHR
RPG Moderator
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Helicopter
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:21 pm

Flashwave wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I never got the Classics mold, so I'll probably get most of the Earthrise Seekers, especially since I never picked up Siege's offerings for Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Starscream. Though, I hope it's another boxset for the Coneheads. I know it was a hassle to get because it was a Target exclusive, but I think that the idea of packing three less iconic figures into a three pack, and then selling it for like $10 cheaper than it would be otherwise was a good one. On the other hand, I'm willing to bet that consumers didn't really care for it considering how fast it went on clearance after the holidays

Target is not aways a good Barometer for stuff like that. The stores have always tended to turn and burn stuff, especially Exclusives that have been out for a while, rather than letting it linger.

Fair enough. One of my friends is still annoyed that the day after he bought Bumblebee Soundwave it was put on clearance, even though the store had just started getting them :lol:
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby frogbat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
autobot00 wrote:
frogbat wrote:I’m now wondering if I made a mistake not to order star scream... loved the classics figure with the only issue back then was his size. I have the siege screamer which I love (chest piece falling off aside).. didn’t get repaints and so intend to get a skywarp or the coneheads....

you can fix starscreams chest by simply taking a small screwdriver and slightly enlarging the holes in the chest piece so it pegs in better. I have 4 copies of starscream (3 i modded) and i've done this to all of them and i can transform them without it popping off. Its the same fix for ironhides leg panels.

Thnx! Will give it a go.
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:10 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
frogbat wrote:
autobot00 wrote:

Thnx! Will give it a go.

Also worth noting is that later wave releases of Starscream (sharing space with Springer, Thundercracker and any 35th Voyager) has the tolerances fixed.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:19 am

Motto: "Leave no man behind."
Weapon: Railgun
Like others, I had a brief image of an Earthrise Aileron. However, here are my opinions:

Arcee: There is nothing I want more than a Prime-styled Arcee. Otherwise, I don't want it.
Airwave: The concept of this guy really intrigues me.
Alicon: A probable buy.
Smokescreen: I hope, again, for a G1 Prime version

'Til all are one! :BH-PREDACON:
A total Prime fanatic with a Beast Wars username. I know, it doesn’t make sense to me either.

:BH-PREDACON:
Tigerhawk7109
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Lockheed Martin U-2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:39 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Smokescreen: I hope, again, for a G1 Prime version

I would be OK with this as well. We just got a G1 Smokescreen this year, this new one should be either Prime or Armada. mix it up some!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Like others, I had a brief image of an Earthrise Aileron. However, here are my opinions:

Arcee: There is nothing I want more than a Prime-styled Arcee. Otherwise, I don't want it.

Why not just get either of the 2 prime arcees out there? Both are very good toys.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4462
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:40 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Like others, I had a brief image of an Earthrise Aileron. However, here are my opinions:

Why not just get either of the 2 prime arcees out there? Both are very good toys.
I'll second that. The first edition is especially nice and even comes in pink!

Of course you'll end up paying more for any of the Prime toys than the standard Earthrise release. :ic$:
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Of course you'll end up paying more for any of the Prime toys than the standard Earthrise release. :ic$:

Really? They were standard retail toys, I'm sure they can be found loose on ebay or on any buy sell trade TF forum for 20$ no?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4462
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby no-one » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:13 pm

william-james88 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Really? They were standard retail toys, I'm sure they can be found loose on ebay or on any buy sell trade TF forum for 20$ no?
You might be surprised.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat= ... &LH_Sold=1

http://www.transformerland.com/store/se ... term=Arcee
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Fox Thiagarajan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Motto: "Our greatest resource is each other."
Weapon: Snow Laser
Also, the pink Prime Arcee in the First Edition mold was an NYCC Exclusive that was also sold on the hasbrotoyshop site back then. The exclusive nature might hike the price. I love my Prime figures to no end.
Fox Thiagarajan
Pretender
Alt Mode: Red Mazda 343
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 am

So, I've been thinking of potential reuses for the rumored Doubledealer and two characters popped into my head: Stalker, and Deathsaurus. Stalker is mostly just because of the ICBM alt-mode, but I could kind of see Deathsaurus being a heavy remold similar to Ultra Magnus to GU Prime or Silverbolt to Hun-Grr. I mean, if the ICBM parts were removed, and the beast mode wings were completely redone, it could be a decent enough update. Plus, the Breastforce gimmick could be preserved by having them take up the same ports as Doubledealer's powermasters (assuming we get them)
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Glarryg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:20 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
carytheone wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You might be surprised.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat= ... &LH_Sold=1

http://www.transformerland.com/store/se ... term=Arcee

I've been recently kicking myself for not buying Prime Arcee in the stores back when it was available. It's one of those regrets that's become difficult to rectify, like skipping on TFA Samurai Prowl.

Earthrise-wise, though, I think I'd prefer an IDW-esque sports car Arcee, although it doesn't necessarily have to have RBF.

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 1

Postby no-one » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:29 am

Glarryg wrote:Earthrise-wise, though, I think I'd prefer an IDW-esque sports car Arcee
Same here. I'm not in the market for a new Arcee, but I'm open to being tempted. What's wrong with resting bot face? If they do go IDW, I hope she looks mad/mean. The T30's face is just so ... nothing and always reminded me of TFWiki Twiki.

no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Something else to consider with what the podcast was saying and now some thoughts of my own:

What if that Arcee is either a Prime homage (discussed previously) or an energon homage?
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220510 4RI (CA) Khanna"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210492 2RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #1 2nd ptg IDW Comics 2020 JUN208290 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915D"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210501 7B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:250 Image Comics 2023 1H GI JOE 1123IM822 (CA) Mack 231222E"
DUKE #1 Cvr H 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS ONE-SHOT Sub Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Griffith 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221674 4B (CA) Zama"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210586 3A (CA) Lee"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of OPTIMUS PRIME #1 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210461 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON