This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:06 am

Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:Hound, Sideswipe and maybe Shockwave appear to be the Siege design/mold. That could be good news that they aren't playing on re-releasing them in new "earthmodes".
I agree, and hope you are correct.
I am curious about Trailbreaker looking very T30 though. He's like Arcee - happy with what I got, but open to be swayed.
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am

I followed the rabbit hole and found this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/transformerscca?lang=en
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Doubledealer! Yes! Honestly, the rest are kind of cool, but they're not exactly must have for me. But Doubledealer having his actual chest design would make me think that he'll actually be Doubledealer, not a prepaint
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Cobotron » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:41 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:Hound, Sideswipe and maybe Shockwave appear to be the Siege design/mold. That could be good news that they aren't playing on re-releasing them in new "earthmodes".
I am curious about Trailbreaker looking very T30 though. He's like Arcee - happy with what I got, but open to be swayed.
I feel like some times, the artists have to start so early on these illustrations, that without the actual reference (i.e. the currant toys that are in production) they have to turn to other things for reference, like older designs. It's happened before, but I'm drawing a blank for an example. Of course they could have used Hoist for ref, but... ?

Also, zooming in, anybody have a good look at the small figure behind Bee?
Kinda looks like Blur to me.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am

Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
I feel like some times, the artists have to start so early on these illustrations, that without the actual reference (i.e. the currant toys that are in production) they have to turn to other things for reference, like older designs. It's happened before, but I'm drawing a blank for an example. Of course they could have used Hoist for ref, but... ?

A lot of people are saying Blur, others are saying Smokescreen, but I can almost see Ramjet's body type. Of course, that could just be me stretching for reasons to believe that the Coneheads are happening :lol:
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:47 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

A lot of people are saying Blur, others are saying Smokescreen, but I can almost see Ramjet's body type. Of course, that could just be me stretching for reasons to believe that the Coneheads are happening :lol:
It's on the Autobot side of the artwork.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:49 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:A lot of people are saying Blur, others are saying Smokescreen, but I can almost see Ramjet's body type. Of course, that could just be me stretching for reasons to believe that the Coneheads are happening :lol:
It's on the Autobot side of the artwork.

It's also missing the leg wings upon further inspection, so yeah, I was definitely reaching :lol: Oh well, live and learn
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 am

Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

I've read Blurr as well, but the head looked Blurry to me too.

Are there any leaks or rumors to suggest someone else?
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:05 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Looks like a generic to me, like the ones getting blown away :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:07 am

Enhance 8-)

So Blurry.jpg
So Blurry.jpg (44.4 KiB) Viewed 33080 times
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Does anyone know the actual source of the image? Is Reddit really the source?
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:19 am

Seibertron wrote:Does anyone know the actual source of the image? Is Reddit really the source?
The reddit OP points it to the twitter post I linked above which references a youtuber. But I just followed the rabbit hole opened by sabr.

https://www.reddit.com/user/disko42_nick/

https://mobile.twitter.com/transformers ... 4305842176
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:25 am

I just had a thought: What if we got a Blitzwing either in this part, or the next part? HasTak could then repaint it into the Overcharge drones that worked for the Quintessons as part of the Generations SELECTS. It'd be a great army builder for the Mercenary faction, assuming the Quintessons are going to be in that group, not Decepticons
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 am

Let's follow a chain of bad speculation and behind Bee is Blurr, the mystery bot in the bubble has a vague Kup silhouette. With this new artwork and some of the Siege characters, I'm starting to get a TF:TM roster vibe.

Who Dis.jpg
Who Dis.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 33027 times
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby AcademyofDrX » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:54 am

carytheone wrote:Let's follow a chain of bad speculation and behind Bee is Blurr, the mystery bot in the bubble has a vague Kup silhouette. With this new artwork and some of the Siege characters, I'm starting to get a TF:TM roster vibe.

Who Dis.jpg

I think that's Soundwave. Assuming the sides roughly correspond to factions, that would be a Decepticon or Mercenary.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:00 pm

AcademyofDrX wrote:
carytheone wrote:Let's follow a chain of bad speculation and behind Bee is Blurr, the mystery bot in the bubble has a vague Kup silhouette. With this new artwork and some of the Siege characters, I'm starting to get a TF:TM roster vibe.

The attachment Who Dis.jpg is no longer available
I think that's Soundwave. Assuming the sides roughly correspond to factions, that would be a Decepticon or Mercenary.
Ah, maybe. I assumed the bot was trapped in something, but maybe that's a space bridge.

Something a little disturbing to point out. Is this a sign of Sideswipe getting reformatted to an earth mode?

Reformatting Lines.jpg
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
carytheone wrote:Something a little disturbing to point out. Is this a sign of Sideswipe getting reformatted to an earth mode?

Reformatting Lines.jpg
Note that the Ark is partially covered in the grid pattern too.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10

Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages!

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:02 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Leakin' Lubricants!

A leaked image of the packaging artwork from the upcoming and highly anticipated Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise has appeared online. The image advances the story of the War for Cybertron tale as the Transformers saga moves from Cybertron to Outer Space to Earth.

The left side of the artwork features Unicron on the top, followed by Megatron, a Quintesson Judge, Doubledealer, Shockwave (up-to-no-good, might I add) and some Transformer in a bubble or something circular. On the right, at the top is the Decepticon's ship the Nemesis attacking the Autobot's Ark, followed by Optimus Prime, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Bumblebee (in a very Volkswagen-ish looking body), Trailbreaker (oddly in his Thrilling 30 Generations body), Arcee and Sideswipe (possibly in his SIEGE body).

Finally, the Ark is shown crashing into the Earth. As most of you know, the Ark being attacked by the Nemesis and then crashing into the Earth is one of the key story elements to the Transformers mythos, which was first told in Marvel Comics first issue of "The Transformers" as well as the first episode of the G1 cartoon pilot "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1".

Since Hasbro's packaging artwork generally is intended to promote the general story line or theme of the products available in the current product line-up, we are assuming this more-or-less confirms several leaks of rumored figures such as Doubledealer, Arcee, and Quintesson Judge. Fans have also speculated that Bumblebee would be making appearance in Earthrise, though some fans were disappointed that he didn't show up in the SIEGE line in his Cybertronian flying saucer mode (not to mention Wheeljack and Jazz for that matter).

Fellow Seibertronian carytheone pointed out that the Transformer behind might possibly be Blurr and that the one being experimented on by Shockwave has a vague "Kup" look to him.

carytheone wrote:With this new artwork and some of the Siege characters, I'm starting to get a TF:TM roster vibe.

With Toy Fair 2020 just a little over a month away, make sure you stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news as more information keeps spilling over the top, into our news, and on to your device screens!

It also appears that the new packaging artwork has hidden messages for Transformers fans to decode. In the image below, a hidden message reads "Micron" below some Cybertronian text to the right of a Transformers head. It is currently unknown what the significance of that message means at this time.

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade for sharing this image with us, which was originally posted by @transformerscca on Twitter.

If you have any theories, make sure to share them on our forums in the Earthrise Discussion Thread. Speculate away fellow Seibertronians!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Skill: 10+

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Cobotron wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

That certainly sounds plausible for Trailbreaker and Arcee, but then how to you explain Bee? He appears to have VW type feet, which could come from a previous figure, but he also has obvious 5mm ports on his forearms and shoulders, which I don't think any previous Bees have had. It could be them sort of using Cliffjumper as a model and then switching out the head and feet, but as you mentioned, why wouldn't they do that for Trailbreaker?
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:Something a little disturbing to point out. Is this a sign of Sideswipe getting reformatted to an earth mode?

The attachment Reformatting Lines.jpg is no longer available
Note that the Ark is partially covered in the grid pattern too.
Ah maybe, but just looks like highlights to me. The grid could be just a cool art effect as Arcee is also "griding out" (or would it be in). Seems odd they it's only applied to them and that Arcee design is pretty Cybertronian. #rampantspeculation

The Ark.jpg
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Yeah the Arc isn't covered by the grid. Though I'm intrigued by the news that Cary is a staff member :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:15 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Yeah the Arc isn't covered by the grid. Though I'm intrigued by the news that Cary is a staff member :lol:
Ex 8-)
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:16 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
hopefully they aint going with shockwave made the dinobots frak up again, would be fine with him converting some hapless bot into a predacon though (or the bot in a bubble could be from another transformers generation. or sadly just soundwave). Can't really get any hints at what Earthrise megatron is at his point :(

T30 trailbreakers virtually a siege figure as is with the holes on his arms, just needs holes in his feet but it will be surprising if they dont use a retool of ER hoist. Wondering if Hound will get an earth mode too now and how/if minicons are going to be handled.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Skill: 6

Re: Earthrise packaging artwork features several leaked Transformers plus new secret messages!

Postby no-one » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Seibertron wrote:It also appears that the new packaging artwork has hidden messages for Transformers fans to decode. In the image below, a hidden message reads "Micron" below some Cybertronian text to the right of a Transformers head. It is currently unknown what the significance of that message means at this time.
Unsurprisingly the Cybertronian text just says micron :lol:

micron.jpg
micron.jpg (27.07 KiB) Viewed 32914 times

Seibertron wrote:Finally, the Ark is shown crashing into the Earth. As most of you know, the Ark being attacked by the Nemesis and then crashing into the Earth is one of the key story elements to the Transformers mythos, which was first told in Marvel Comics first issue of "The Transformers" as well as the first episode of the G1 cartoon pilot "More Than Meets The Eye Part 1".
Another pointless thing I noticed while going over the image. That isn't North America.

erf.jpg

blackeyedprime wrote:T30 trailbreakers virtually a siege figure as is with the holes on his arms, just needs holes in his feet but it will be surprising if they dont use a retool of ER hoist..
I think it's 99.999% likely TB will use the ER Hoist mold. Or is it the other way around?
Last edited by no-one on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no-one
Matrix Keeper

Postby sol magnus » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:24 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Wow. Pretty interesting overall. I can't wait for this stuff to drop!
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Courage: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DK-3 BREAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
DK-3 BREAKER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON