This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby sol magnus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:31 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Guess I'm getting all of those, but not multiples of the Quints because they already cost 30 bucks.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:34 am

sol magnus wrote:Guess I'm getting all of those, but not multiples of the Quints because they already cost 30 bucks.

I went 3 deep on this, but ONLY because of Target's Buy 1 get 1 50% off when they were revealed. If it weren't for the sale, I would only be getting 1.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby sol magnus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:37 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Guess I'm getting all of those, but not multiples of the Quints because they already cost 30 bucks.

I went 3 deep on this, but ONLY because of Target's Buy 1 get 1 50% off when they were revealed. If it weren't for the sale, I would only be getting 1.

Yeah. I'm just not independently wealthy. It's great that we're getting them, but 'cartoon accuracy' costs too much in this case.

Now, there was only one in Transformers: The Movie.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I'm getting 5 dammit! I've been waiting 34 years for proper Quintesson Judge toys. Can't wait.

I think it would have been really awesome if the Quintesson Judges had packaging variants with each face prominent.

I'm waiting for the Cyberverse Quintesson Judge to go on clearance at this point. I'd like to have 5 of that figure as well, but am not will to pay $30 a piece for that one. Hopefully soon as spring products get blown out to make way for summer products.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Skritz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:01 am

Quintesson's a derpy figure you can tell is going to only be like by the of fans oldschool G1. This thing is going to warm shelves like crazy, I'm betting on it. It just doesn't seem like something which would appeal to the kids much due to it being some weird, lame, non articulated thing. Now to a fan of the movie, this is a non issue as its expected but to a casual fan this thing is going to be ugly and unappealing.

So basically: I love it and im glad it was made but I suspect it will not have a broad appeal to more casual or younger fans.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:08 am

Skritz wrote:Quintesson's a derpy figure you can tell is going to only be like by the of fans oldschool G1. This thing is going to warm shelves like crazy, I'm betting on it. It just doesn't seem like something which would appeal to the kids much due to it being some weird, lame, non articulated thing. Now to a fan of the movie, this is a non issue as its expected but to a casual fan this thing is going to be ugly and unappealing.

So basically: I love it and im glad it was made but I suspect it will not have a broad appeal to more casual or younger fans.

My thoughts exactly lol. I'm a fan of the movie but the stop on their planet is easily the slowest most boring part to me, this set doesn't have enough going for it to make me interested.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:13 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:I'm waiting for the Cyberverse Quintesson Judge to go on clearance at this point. I'd like to have 5 of that figure as well, but am not will to pay $30 a piece for that one. Hopefully soon as spring products get blown out to make way for summer products.
I picked up just one of that Cyberverse Quint and only one since, unlike the G1 Quints, there is only supposed to be one Quintesson Judge in the entirety of every universe. I liked the unique concept that Cyberverse came up with in that every universe gets its own single all-powerful Judge, and the toy represents the Judge of just one Cyberverse universe, while all other Quintessons in the show are the non-toy-based Prosecutors and Scientist.

This Earthrise Quint, however, I may wanna try getting more than one, like yourself. ;)^
Last edited by Sabrblade on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:21 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Pass on the Quints (unless clearance) and pass on Megs (unless special repaint).
But that Snapdragon I've been waiting for it since ever. He's gonna be mine!
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:19 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I think Scorponok will be my only point of interest with Earthrise, so far.

YRQRM0 wrote:My thoughts exactly lol. I'm a fan of the movie but the stop on their planet is easily the slowest most boring part to me,

Personally I thought the Planet of Junk was the lowest point, especially the pre-Unicron montage. Other than the edited execution of UM, which was great. But each to their own.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby Stargrave » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:24 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Codsarnit Megatron still looks like a Cybertronian tank to me. I don’t get it. Bah humbug.
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:27 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Stargrave wrote:Codsarnit Megatron still looks like a Cybertronian tank to me. I don’t get it. Bah humbug.

Megatron take an earth mode! Such a thing is beneath him!
Plus given that his robot mode has to look like that, he was never going to look like an earth mode tank... How many black and grey tanks you see :lol:
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I think it is great that Hasbro is finally releasing Quintesson (and Allicon) figures, although I personally have no interest in them. As toys, they offer nothing for me, and the transformation is goofy at best...but darn...why'd they have to make a Voyager Figure with AIRLOCK connection? ....I don't like anything about this toy, but THAT one feature. If as some surmise, this does shelf warm, and it gets discounted to 1/2 price or more, Ill get one, if not then so be it, no big loss.

I think a Quintesson multi-toy set with non-transforming toys of the Judge, Prosecutor, Baliff, Executioner etc.... would have been a better way to go.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:47 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I'm waiting for the Cyberverse Quintesson Judge to go on clearance at this point. I'd like to have 5 of that figure as well, but am not will to pay $30 a piece for that one. Hopefully soon as spring products get blown out to make way for summer products.
I picked up just one of that Cyberverse Quint and only one since, unlike the G1 Quints, there is only supposed to be one Quintesson Judge in the entirety of every universe. I liked the unique concept that Cyberverse came up with in that every universe gets its own single all-powerful Judge, and the toy represents the Judge of just one Cyberverse universe, while all other Quintessons in the show are the non-toy-based Prosecutors and Scientist.

This Earthrise Quint, however, I may wanna try getting more than one, like yourself. ;)^

I agree with everything Sabr said, the Cyberverse take on the Quintessons was super cool, and I'm hoping to get one of their Judge's too, but just not yet, I'm not feeling a $30 set, and I don't want that prowl or shockwave.

This judge looks cool though. I need to make space for a judge, the Alicon, and the Sharkticon that I do have.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:39 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Quantum Surge wrote:Wait, where is Megatron's silver coat of paint?

What we saw at toyfair as always are painted samples. We learnt a little while back that he was not gonna have his silver paint, just as the original Siege megs didn't either.

I really hate that Megatron, such a lazy idea from hasbro to just tweak the one they already gave us. It was already an unimaginative transformation for the most part and now we get that again, yay. Plus that weapon looks super dumb. I do like how the tank treads work better but that just makes his visible feet all the more jarring. At least with a cybertronian design there is some leeway and you could say its more of a vehicle mode than an alt mode meant to bring disguise. This version here is just silly all around.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby blackeyedprime » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
What normal kids don't want a toy that transforms into a torture chamber? Picking up one of them for sure, possibly two if/when prices drop.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
blackeyedprime wrote:What normal kids don't want a toy that transforms into a torture chamber? Picking up one of them for sure, possibly two if/when prices drop.

Plot twist, the Quintesson is the test subject to see if Hasbro can release the DJD with their alt modes! I hope, anyway
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Rodimus Knight » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:07 pm

I forsee Maverick being repainted into a GI Joe skystriker.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Omegatron. » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:09 pm

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
o.supreme wrote:Ok, I've watched a few online reviews for SkyLynx, and I have a concern about the Base Mode. It appears the shuttle is not stable at all just sitting in the platform. Only Obtibotimus addressed it, the others tried to gloss over or fudge it by having it lean up against things

I know most people aren't getting it for the base Mode, but I just want it to be stable, if anyone who has it can offer any thoughts, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

There's a notch on the shuttle that the long ramp of the lynx attaches to. With that attached it's fairly stable, you can tilt the whole thing back about 45 degrees before the shuttle falls off.
Omegatron.
Minibot
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby o.supreme » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much Omegatron, none of the reviewers have mentioned a solid connection between the long ramp and the shuttle, they just sort of place it loosely on there, Thanks for confirming ;)^
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Bombshell0001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:12 pm

I will only get Megs if the head issue is fixed from the siege line .
Bombshell0001
Mini-Con

Postby LinaNui » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Bombshell0001 wrote:I will only get Megs if the head issue is fixed from the siege line .

If you mean the floppy neck plate piece, that was fixed after the first run and has been fine with all other repaints, that I own at least, since.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Bombshell0001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Oh wow the 35th edition too ? I have that one still unopened .
Bombshell0001
Mini-Con

Postby Bombshell0001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:52 pm

I hope all 5 heads can be on the Quints at once . Also when is the Netflix series supposed to start ?
Bombshell0001
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bombshell0001 wrote:I hope all 5 heads can be on the Quints at once .
They are. The stock photos just show some of them floating in midair so that all five are visible in the image. In reality, all five are supposed to be affixed to all sides of the main body.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10

Postby Emerje » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:30 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I really don't understand why Megatron's alt mode would have a seemingly weaker canon than his fusion canon. At least with the Siege figure it looked like the tank canon was maybe concentrating the fusion canon's blast, but for the ER figure the two aren't lined up, the fusion canon is just filling in space and the tank canon isn't even worth using as a gun in bot mode. Now, I get that that's decidedly less absurd than turning into a god tier hand gun, but they could have done something to better integrate it into his alt mode.

And now an observation that I hope I'm reading WAY too much into.

Can they rework the Godzilla mode into a tank? :-?

And yes, I know Snapdragon's original figure's jet mode looked even more like Overlord's jet. I'm not being entirely serious. ;)

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1223DC013 144B (CA) Putri (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #144 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #404 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC209 404A (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #404 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr B Superman DC Comics 2023 0423DC049 1056B (CA) Sandoval"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr K DC Comics 2023 DEC222893 1K (CA) Jimenez (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #133 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 JAN233267 133D (CA) Chew (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #133 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #1 DC Comics 2024 1023DC205 (CA) Brizuela"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #143 Cvr E DC Comics 2024 1223DC010 143E (CA) Quah (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #143 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Adventures Of Superman ANNUAL #9 DC Comics 1997 (CA) Blechman 230305A"
Adventures Of Supe ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #138 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0823DC014 138D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Asamiya"
BATMAN #138 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #140 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC210 Riddler Mortimer"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1052 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 DEC222902 1052C Sandoval+Herms"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #105 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC205 (CA) Infantino + Giella"
FLASH #105 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0923DC073 139F (W) Zdarsky (CA) Nguyen"
BATMAN #139 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH FACTS #1 tpb digest DC Comics 2021 OCT207086 (CA) Charm (W) Bialik"
FLASH FACTS #1 tpb ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON