This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby LinaNui » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I find it funny that they are switched around, I wonder if there could be a package with two of the same figure in it as well? Just out of curiosity, I followed the link to collectiotoys, and they are trying to sell the mix up for $300!? and even the normal for $164!? And looking at there other listings, SS scavenger for $89?!, they seem to be out of there minds when it comes to pricing.

About Warpath: If/when they make him, I would want him to be at least Impactor size if not even voyager. He would be a shorter voyager, but that way they could really make him a good sturdy figure.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby aronjlove » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:41 pm

LinaNui wrote:I find it funny that they are switched around, I wonder if there could be a package with two of the same figure in it as well? Just out of curiosity, I followed the link to collectiotoys, and they are trying to sell the mix up for $300!? and even the normal for $164!? And looking at there other listings, SS scavenger for $89?!, they seem to be out of there minds when it comes to pricing.
And yet there are people that will happily pay those prices. Just take a look at eBay. I was looking up a Combiner Wars Optimus, white or red, and they are starting at $80 used. New figures are easily over $100. And with this being a production error that is inherently limited, there are those that will have to have it.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Solrac333 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Maybe someone bought it, swapped, and returned.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby DMSL » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Not really a variation, just a package error. Variations are deliberate, this is not.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Nickster563 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:49 pm

It seems they actually both have the screaming face. They must be really tired of Starscream's BS lol.
Nickster563
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Nickster563 on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 3

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Nickster563 wrote:It seems they actually both have the screaming face. They must be really tired of Starscream's BS lol.

If it's swapped from what they're supposed to be, and they both have the screaming face... Seems to me more likely that someone bought two of the pack, swapped the heads between one of the Skywarps and one of the Thundercrackers to get a Skywarp with a neutral head, then put the Thundercracker and Skywarp both with screaming head back in the box (in the wrong order), sealed it back up, and returned it.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Nickster563 wrote:It seems they actually both have the screaming face. They must be really tired of Starscream's BS lol.

If it's swapped from what they're supposed to be, and they both have the screaming face... Seems to me more likely that someone bought two of the pack, swapped the heads between one of the Skywarps and one of the Thundercrackers to get a Skywarp with a neutral head, then put the Thundercracker and Skywarp both with screaming head back in the box (in the wrong order), sealed it back up, and returned it.

Those were my exact thoughts.
Last edited by TF-fan kev777 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

And I wish I was there to pick it up because I actually want both of them to have screaming heads.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby TheAmazingBrave » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:51 pm

That looks less like a variant and more like they just put the two identical figures into different identical slots on the bubble.
TheAmazingBrave
Mini-Con

Postby Emerje » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:So... Sparkeater Optimus Prime? :-P

I thought Sparks were a beverage?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ChrisRiss » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
And here, I can't find a normal one because no Target in my area is carrying them.
ChrisRiss
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: ???

Postby aronjlove » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:38 pm

ChrisRiss wrote:And here, I can't find a normal one because no Target in my area is carrying them.
Same here. I have to hit a pharmacy every week for Sudafed and this time I hit my good Target. Plenty of Grapples and Shockwaves with a single ER Starscream. No end cap to speak of, and I walked around not just where the figures were.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby bengear » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:51 pm

aronjlove wrote:
LinaNui wrote:I find it funny that they are switched around, I wonder if there could be a package with two of the same figure in it as well? Just out of curiosity, I followed the link to collectiotoys, and they are trying to sell the mix up for $300!? and even the normal for $164!? And looking at there other listings, SS scavenger for $89?!, they seem to be out of there minds when it comes to pricing.
And yet there are people that will happily pay those prices. Just take a look at eBay. I was looking up a Combiner Wars Optimus, white or red, and they are starting at $80 used. New figures are easily over $100. And with this being a production error that is inherently limited, there are those that will have to have it.

still ridiculous... we’re giving free advertising to a scalper? distasteful. reminds me of those fools who bought up hand sanitizer early on during the pandemic to resell, unfortunately the government probably won’t step in to protect us poor trans fans!

i’m just salty that my local target has already sold out. and i wasted two trips. grr. :evil:
bengear
Micromaster

Postby Otaku-mus Prime » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:54 pm

I would be more inclined to believe this if the picture was taken at the store. I did something similar by transforming Punch into Counterpunch and putting him back in the box. So I am a little suspicious.
Otaku-mus Prime
Mini-Con

Postby MadProject » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Weapon: Sword
I don't know if it has already been posted, but we have a videoreview of ER Megatron.

While I like how they remolded the threads to make a single one, I still think that this figure is an easy pass if you already got the Siege.
Unlike Optimus, I think we're still far from the "ultimate" Generations Megatron.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Qz411 ... DG6wZWzhS0
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Looking at that ER Megs review, it seems that the back kibble is, contrary to my expectations, probably not easily removable like ER Optimus' front bumper and wheels, which is disappointing. There might still be a chance but I'm not holding out too much hope.

I'll probably wait for the silver redeco, and try to find a downscaled MP-36 headsculpt to paint and put on.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Endurance: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:55 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
MadProject wrote:I don't know if it has already been posted, but we have a videoreview of ER Megatron.

While I like how they remolded the threads to make a single one, I still think that this figure is an easy pass if you already got the Siege.
Unlike Optimus, I think we're still far from the "ultimate" Generations Megatron.

Question is, what would a ultimate generations megs look like of they can't do anything too close to his original (and silly) alt mode. This also rules out a 'submarine' mode, as unlike Shockwave and Sixshot (+redecos/retools), megs submarine mold would still look too much like the real deal.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:45 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
MadProject wrote:I don't know if it has already been posted, but we have a videoreview of ER Megatron.

Even if the video is in Chinese, the reviewer's disappointment is palpable through his gestures and tone of voice.

So unless there's a super special Select redeco, I'll stick with my Siege.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:46 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
ZeroWolf wrote:

Question is, what would a ultimate generations megs look like of they can't do anything too close to his original (and silly) alt mode. This also rules out a 'submarine' mode, as unlike Shockwave and Sixshot (+redecos/retools), megs submarine mold would still look too much like the real deal.
I disagree. They can pull it off by making him have the same silhouette as the U.N.C.L.E. Special (albeit turned upside-down), but giving him molded details to dress it up as a vehicle.
And omitting the infamous trigger.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby MadProject » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:08 am

Weapon: Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:

funny thing, for me with a few tweaks this mold could have been.
-a better headsculpt
-a flip-out tank barrel from the fusion cannon, instead of a partsforming
-wrist articulation
-sidearm panels to cover the hollowness left by the fists.
MadProject
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Alt Mode: Armored truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 4

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 am

It's that simple."
MadProject wrote:funny thing, for me with a few tweaks this mold could have been.
-a better headsculpt
-a flip-out tank barrel from the fusion cannon, instead of a partsforming
-wrist articulation
-sidearm panels to cover the hollowness left by the fists.

Don't forget that there's the budget of the figure and the number of parts to keep in mind. So to leave it at the voyager price point, some hollowness is to be expected.

Still, a better tank Megatron could have been made.

-- In tank mode, the legs could have a very different design. The underside of the tank could have been completely hollow so that the WHOLE tank threads could fold in 2 to make the complete leg.

And blah, blah. Blah. It's pretty pointless to talk about how it could be done because the "perfect" design already exist. And ironically, it's the Cyberverse ultimate Megatron.
So just imagine that design, but with better articulation, no action gimmicks, and the ability for the tank turret to rotate. Then BAM! Here's the "perfect" G1 Tank Megatron in voyager size.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:04 am

Funny thing is, they could have released a better one as an 'undersized Leader' but then people would complain about the price point...
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:10 am

It's that simple."
Skritz wrote:Funny thing is, they could have released a better one as an 'undersized Leader' but then people would complain about the price point...

Maybe but the complainers just whine in the air. Proof is that Leader Optimus sold incredibly well.

So, yeah, a leader Megatron in a completely original mold would have been the better option. And to "fill the gaps" in the leader box, just add accessories or even some exclusive Micromasters.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:12 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Skritz wrote:Funny thing is, they could have released a better one as an 'undersized Leader' but then people would complain about the price point...

Maybe but the complainers just whine in the air. Proof is that Leader Optimus sold incredibly well.

So, yeah, a leader Megatron in a completely original mold would have been the better option. And to "fill the gaps" in the leader box, just add accessories or even some exclusive Micromasters.

You mean like designing megs to look like his Cybertron character to go against Galaxy Upgrade Prime? ;)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:49 am

It's that simple."
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

You mean like designing megs to look like his Cybertron character to go against Galaxy Upgrade Prime? ;)

Know what? That could be a very awesome idea. I find the original Cybertron mold rather lackluster. So I wonder how they could make a modern interpretation of the character.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 1A (A/CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #21 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 RE Wondercon Convention Xclsv IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18RE"
TRANSFORMERS #18 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210491 (CA)Goux (W) Watters"
NEW!
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of ARCEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221657 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #23 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD ERA 23B JUN200583 (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS #23 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Spotlight RAMJET RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Musso 231208R"
Transformers Spotl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0224IM317 7E (CA) Clarke (W)Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 4A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 3RI 210213A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON