This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Munkky » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Autobot N wrote:Back on topic, I wonder what'll be in ER wave 4? Weird that we haven't got any retailer listings for that yet.

I imagine at least a few unrevealed figures from the Netflix range that popped up in that recent leak will also be part of Wave 4. Deluxe Bumblebee is inevitable, and I could also see Elita-1 based on her design in the show getting in there, perhaps even an Earth mode Barricade from the Smokescreen mould, or more types of Quintesson.
The Soundwave and Cyclonus we saw a while back could make up the Voyagers (unless Cyclonus is in the 1986 movie portion of Studio Series like many have speculated), or they could get a head start on the Coneheads by having Thrust at the end of Earthrise and the other two in Part 3. And if that Soundwave is for Earthrise I have my fingers crossed for a re-issue or even repaints of Micromaster Laserbeak and Ravage, just so I don't have to pay scalper prices for them on Ebay. I would also say Inferno from the Voyager Grapple mould, but that's supposedly not coming until Part 3.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
The cone heads are already accounted for as we have a tag for Thrust and a listing for the other two in an exclusive double pack
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:53 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Nemesis Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Actually I could see Ratchet getting a retail release just because Ironhide is the exclusive this time round.

For like the third time, Ratchet is supposedly getting a Selects release, according to the same source as the list of leaks that had Exhaust, Greasepit, Hubcap, Thrust, etc, and a tag was found by I believe a TRU Canada employee that claimed a Gen Selects Leader "Ratch" is coming, so something's up with Ratchet, we just don't know what. Maybe it's Ratchet with a bunch of accessories or something, maybe it's a two-pack, maybe the tag just has the wrong size class or name, or maybe Hasbro is renaming CD Red Alert to be some form of Ratchet.

I did a little research and there have been two leaks that I could find mention Selects Ratchet. The first is from someone that claims to be the nephew of a person with a dealer license, everything they listed we had heard about from the Canada TRU leak and elsewhere except for Ratchet (size class wasn't given), same list called SS Skipjack "Skipjim" so accuracy is questionable. The second was from GotBot who mentioned "Leader Ratch" at the end of one of his YouTube videos, but he didn't give a source or store, just saying it was a listing not a rumor. Neither of these came from the person who gave the TRU CA listings or gave product codes. I'm just going to consider the listings as error until we get something more concrete.

Even if we do somehow end up with a Leader Ratchet with a boat full of extra stuff that doesn't mean we can't still get a standard retail Deluxe version as well.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Nemesis Primal » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:09 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Emerje wrote:I did a little research and there have been two leaks that I could find mention Selects Ratchet. The first is from someone that claims to be the nephew of a person with a dealer license, everything they listed we had heard about from the Canada TRU leak and elsewhere except for Ratchet (size class wasn't given), same list called SS Skipjack "Skipjim" so accuracy is questionable. The second was from GotBot who mentioned "Leader Ratch" at the end of one of his YouTube videos, but he didn't give a source or store, just saying it was a listing not a rumor. Neither of these came from the person who gave the TRU CA listings or gave product codes. I'm just going to consider the listings as error until we get something more concrete.

...I admit I was a bit frustrated when I wrote about this before, because I keep mentioning this and people keep ignoring it, so looking back my tone was a bit more...aggro than I meant. Thanks for taking the time to look into it and respond. I didn't realize the listing didn't come from the exact same source, I just know it had been being treated as being just as legit as Exhaust and co. by the TFW crew, since I've been lurking over there to follow leaks. If it isn't as legit as the other listings, that is good to keep in mind.

Emerje wrote:Even if we do somehow end up with a Leader Ratchet with a boat full of extra stuff that doesn't mean we can't still get a standard retail Deluxe version as well.

...technically, yes, but if it is actually a Selects release of some sort then they wouldn't have the same decos/be the same versions of the character, based on what Selects has done so far (the only character repeats being Combat Megatron and Galactic Man), and the Selects one would have to be a Shattered Glass or Movie green repaint or something. I'm honestly not expecting ER Ironhide to be anything more than a retool of the Siege one though, since it's in a 2-pack with an ER Wave 2 repaint/retool and we haven't seen an ER mold it could use yet, so Ratchet would presumably be the same thing and not necessarily need a mainline release anyway.

And if it IS a new mold AND Ratchet is a Selects, then who the heck would they release it in the mainline as? Some sort of G1-ified Cannonball or something?

...dangit now I kinda want that, stupid brain. #-o
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:51 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
It's not like we don't have multiple G1 decos for Ratchet. One of the first Selects was just a color variant of Swoop after all.

That doesn't even include the crazy toy color variations. Personally I'd be happy if the retail version had the cartoon colors and the Selects version had the Marvel colors.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:44 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just as long as no more Ratchets wear Prowl's helmet again.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 am

So has anyone else done the math and realized that Walmart has Walmarted themselves again on the countdown on their site? The site says the new items get dropped on 7/17 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time, which would be 9:00 a.m. central time. Except, as of right now (10:50 a.m. central time) the countdown says 3 days, 20 hours and 10 minutes. That would have it ending at 7:00 a.m. central or 8:00 a.m. Eastern.

Oh Walmart :roll: :BANG_HEAD:
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Autobot N » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:55 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Has anyone here tried taking the heads off of Thundercracker and Skywarp (prefer Skywarp, want him to have the better head)? If so, how difficult was it, and how did you do it?
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Autobot N wrote:Has anyone here tried taking the heads off of Thundercracker and Skywarp (prefer Skywarp, want him to have the better head)? If so, how difficult was it, and how did you do it?

Happened to have Starscream next to me when I read your post, experimented real quick. It’s kinda difficult to take off, kinda afraid I’d snap the neck joint off... unless it’s because I just have wussy fingers (which wouldn’t surprise me). :roll:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Autobot N » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Autobot N wrote:Has anyone here tried taking the heads off of Thundercracker and Skywarp (prefer Skywarp, want him to have the better head)? If so, how difficult was it, and how did you do it?

Happened to have Starscream next to me when I read your post, experimented real quick. It’s kinda difficult to take off, kinda afraid I’d snap the neck joint off... unless it’s because I just have wussy fingers (which wouldn’t surprise me). :roll:
Unfortunately, I just cut my nails, so I can't experiment for myself. Shame about Starscream, though. Skywarp's weird head is bothering me more in person than it did in the renders.
Autobot N
City Commander

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:13 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Autobot N wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Unfortunately, I just cut my nails, so I can't experiment for myself. Shame about Starscream, though. Skywarp's weird head is bothering me more in person than it did in the renders.

It is kinda odd for Skywarp to have a different face while the other two have stoic faces. It doesn’t bother me too much because I can tell myself it plays into his pugnacious personality as the bruise of the trio.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Autobot N » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Mindmaster wrote:It is kinda odd for Skywarp to have a different face while the other two have stoic faces. It doesn’t bother me too much because I can tell myself it plays into his pugnacious personality as the bruise of the trio.
I don't necessarily mind that part; it's partly the lack of any sort of angry expression. With the neutral eyes and gaping mouth, it just kinda looks like those weird box art stills from classics.
Weird.jpg
Autobot N
City Commander

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Not sure if it’d been mentioned.... but Thundercracker and Skywarp have a code and map piece
Attachments
BB9C53E0-FA0E-480B-866F-96978FA6FAFA.jpeg
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Stargrave » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Dude spotted 2x Skywarp/Thundercracker 2 packs at Target along with like 6x Rungs and Slitherfangs and all the new Micromasters too. Was not expecting that saw SS Sentinel too and was like the hell?
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Autobot N » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:56 pm

Stargrave wrote:6x Rungs and Slitherfangs?
Lucky. I haven’t seen a single non-Siege Wave 1 Battlemaster save a single Earthrise Smashdown earlier today.
Autobot N
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Stargrave wrote:Dude spotted 2x Skywarp/Thundercracker 2 packs at Target along with like 6x Rungs and Slitherfangs and all the new Micromasters too. Was not expecting that saw SS Sentinel too and was like the hell?

cool. I went to Target this morning in a pointless attempt to look for Slitherfang or Doubledealer since we know they are in the wild now. I must have caught an employee on a bad day, I've usually had no problem asking employees to look in the back for items, but this guy was a total jerk. He scanned the leaders and said "Yeah I got 6 more in the back, but we cant bring those out until these sell". This on an encap that is 1/2 empty mind you, and a couple of Siege Shockwaves that have been around for what? almost a year?...yeah good luck with that..

So I guess I wont go out of my way, its basically a race now to see if I happen" to stumble upon a Doubledealer at a Target prior to August 1st, or see if Hasbro Pulse actually can make good on their preorder, and ship out around that time.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:06 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Stargrave wrote:Dude spotted 2x Skywarp/Thundercracker 2 packs at Target along with like 6x Rungs and Slitherfangs and all the new Micromasters too. Was not expecting that saw SS Sentinel too and was like the hell?
I went into Target for the Skywarp/Thundercracker pack too, and was surprised to see Doubledealer sitting there. When I went to checkout, the scanner said it wasn't allowed to be sold until 9/1, but thankfully the Manager allowed me to purchase him :-D
transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Target CA
Attachments
9BEE557E-ECCB-4110-AC43-244F461B77AD.jpeg
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 pm

Couldn’t sell until 9/1 that’s crazy
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:57 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Target CA
Nice!! Did they give you any hassle regarding the sell date?
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:00 pm

transformers_va wrote:

Yep, wasn’t able to get him. I’ll put up more of a fight next time. Self checkout isn’t always the best place to pick your fights. A manager would not want that clogging inventory for almost 2 months.
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Roadbuster » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:01 pm

transformers_va wrote:

I had similar experiences with Wal Mart. I can't understand the 9/1 release date.
Last edited by Roadbuster on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:01 pm

On another note. Feels good to get the gang back together. If they do a more “G1” Soundwave... as long as it’s current “cassette” compatible they may get me to cave again....
Attachments
311D606E-B564-4BF6-B63E-3D77ECB44187.jpeg
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby transformers_va » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:
transformers_va wrote:

Yep, wasn’t able to get him. I’ll put up more of a fight next time. Self checkout isn’t always the best place to pick your fights. A manager would not want that clogging inventory for almost 2 months.
Yeah, the lady at the self checkout wasn't going to allow me either, so we ended up going to customer service and speaking to the Manager.. thankfully the Manager kindly let me purchase him without any questions
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Roadbuster wrote:
transformers_va wrote:

I had similar experiences with Wal Mart. I can't understand the 9/1 release date.

Easy, that was Hasbro's guess in late February, and nobody every updates it when things moved quicker than they expected. Same thing happened with Siege Springer last year, but with a much shorter delay between them showing up and the release date, a few weeks instead of a few months.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 OCT210151 5B (CA) Fernandez 221129A"
KING SPAWN #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220234 7B (CA) Mattina (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr H DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223275 1H (CA) Fabok"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr O 1:250 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223282 1O (CA) McFarlane"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #346 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 0723IM388 346C (CA) Ngu (W) McConville"
SPAWN #346 Cvr C v ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #14 Cvr B Image Comics NOV220276 14B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis (A) Segovia"
SCORCHED #14 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #14 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 NOV220275 14A (CA) Mack (W)Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #14 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUN220010 1B (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #19 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230284 19B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #19 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #352 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM315 352B (CA) Tomaselli (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #352 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #334 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220245 334B (W) McConville (CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #334 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #20 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230234 20A (CA) Spears (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #20 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 JUN210030 1D (CA) Murphy 230131C"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #339 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220301 339B (W) McConville (CA) Keane"
SPAWN #339 Cvr B I ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON