This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:38 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
blackeyedprime wrote:not wanting to be left out, so after searching amazon all day, managed to order these bad boys

irnhide.jpg
coneheads.jpg

gotta love amazon uk :P
Forgot to say something about this.

So, you bought Cybertron Quickmix?
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tilarta » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:15 pm

I do not have a Titans Returns Bumblebee, but having seen the images of this toy at long last, I will definitely be adding him to my Legends class collection.
Tilarta
Mini-Con
Watch Tilarta on YouTube

Postby Rainmaker » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Motto: "Nobody can escape the rain"
Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
Wow! These all look great, Arcee is an odd choice of mold for Elita but she still looks good. Bee's shield doesn't look as good as Cliff's does but the rest of Bee looks really good. Ironhide's shield looks good too and so does himself. I don't mind pieces of their alt modes becoming shields at all. The pit of judgement is awesome, too bad Kranix doesn't have any articulation. Strange how it wasn't a studio series release tho, as they seem to be doing some '86 movie stuff for that. The coneheads look good but their chest's look off with that black for some reason. Prowl looks absolutely awesome, I've always loved the Prowl design and it's nice there'll finally be a definitive accurate earth mode Prowl to replace the crappy universe one.

:MAXIMAL:
Rainmaker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Acidmaker
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:09 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Tilarta wrote:I do not have a Titans Returns Bumblebee, but having seen the images of this toy at long last, I will definitely be adding him to my Legends class collection.

TR Bee is garbage. All because of that hollow chest for a Titan Master gimmick.

ER Bee is a remold of ER Cliffjumper. It's a DELUXE. But a very, very small deluxe. He will not be out of place in a Scout collection along his fellow minibots like Seaspray and Cosmos.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Emerje » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:03 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:EDIT: Can we try demanding of Hasbro that the Coneheads get a real release? "Amazon Exclusive" does not count as a real release anymore IMO.
....I maybe really pissed at Amazon right now after a bad experience with their worthless piece of **** search engine

On the flip side, life would be so much easier for me if all the exclusives were put on Amazon, they have their crap together. I'm so sick of Walmart and Target fumbling their exclusives so badly. Walmart, why am I still waiting for my first wave of Netflix exclusives to ship? You even refunded me $6 because you dropped the price on Megatron even though he's still a pre-order. And Target, come on, why are the ER Seekers and clones so hard to find in stores? They still haven't shown up in my area even though they finally put up the end cap and filled it about 50% full of Siege figures. :roll: I've never had any issues ordering Amazon exclusives and they've all arrived on time.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby transformers_va » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Emerje wrote:On the flip side, life would be so much easier for me if all the exclusives were put on Amazon, they have their crap together. I'm so sick of Walmart and Target fumbling their exclusives so badly.
I completely agree! :APPLAUSE:
transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Well, those idiotic SIEGE revision waves (NOBODY ASKED FOR MORE OF HOUND, SIDESWIPE, AND MEGATRON) caused that to stall, and that in turn has backed things up with other lines I'm fairly certain.

I refuse to acknowledge Amazon as having their crap together after the search engine false advertising. I should have checked the item details more, but still. That kind of filtering failure... Urgh. That and the fact that they don't stock enough of the exclusives and almost certainly have no barriers against scalpers
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby SGMLordMirage » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:16 pm

Motto: "In my book: Treat as hostile here and now, apologize later!"
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
Crazy part, not to talk about Netflix exclusives on here but my local Walmart has 5 Megatrons sitting on the shelf.
SGMLordMirage
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:30 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby aronjlove » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:39 am

Made my weekly trip to the Target pharmacy and stopped by the toy aisle. Still an empty spot for the Seekers where I go but I think I'm gonna skip these two as I'm happy with the Siege versions. They had a single Doubledealer which I left for another as I have mine on order through Amazon and saved $7. What I did pick up was three of the six Slitherfangs they had on the shelf. They also had about six or so ER Rungs as well.

ImageBehold! Scrapface the snake master!
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Chuck that's a solid review! I appreciate how thorough you were with everything.
The following comments are not at all directed at you...

Other than possibly the nostalgia factor, I just can't see that much appeal with Double Dealer...
I think the proportions of the bot mode look really bad because the legs are much too short imo. I'd also like more contrast between his face and his chest. That's a lot of baby blue going on between those two areas that are in such close proximity.
I've also always had a problem with almost all animal alt modes minus the Dinobots, and maybe the Predacons (oh, and the Insecticons were alright)...
That falcon is a box with a bird head, thin-looking wings (too thin imo), and a tail.
This is where I'm reminded of how the Animated line actually did a great job incorporating curves into the mold designs.
I understand what's happening here and why this figure is so boxy... It just makes for a terrible bird.
The truck, which I would be least concerned about, is probably the best of the three. But I'd never even want it in that mode, because as I've said before, TF's aren't about vehicles for me.
Heck, the next time I buy Dinobots, they'll still most likely be displayed in their bot modes.
But lastly, these colors just don't work for me. At all.
I can totally get behind a color scheme that's predominantly cool (or warm)... But this mix is just bad... I'm only pointing this out because there is a chance that if the colors were different, I wouldn't see this figure in such a horrible light.
It just makes such a huge impact to me in this case; I can't even begin to appreciate any of the details because visually the colors are poking my eyes out.
Btw, just noticed the photos for the Amazon listing have both the shoulders and lower legs in the light blue color... That looks substantially better in each mode.
Between the poor bot proportions, weak falcon mode, and off-putting colors, this is one fail of a figure to me.
I'm glad there are people out there that can enjoy this. And I really mean that. It's not really good for anyone when a figure ends up a shelf-warmer.
But especially considering the cost, I'd get pretty much any figure from either S or ER over this guy.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:53 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
aronjlove wrote:Made my weekly trip to the Target pharmacy and stopped by the toy aisle. Still an empty spot for the Seekers where I go but I think I'm gonna skip these two as I'm happy with the Siege versions.

I wouldn't give up hope on the seeker 2 pack yet...
For one, I think we're getting real close to the point where that mold can't be improved much more.
I won't be surprised if with the next round of seekers (hopefully not for a long time from now), that lots of people will decide the ER versions are really pretty solid, and they'll save their money.
That is unless Hasbro makes really show-accurate versions that make them more appealing for some, or the new ones include some sort of gimmick or accessory that's somehow too good to pass up. Maybe taking the nose section of the jet and making it removable so there's not kibble in bot mode, but for some even that's not a good thing or an improvement. Maybe they'll have better articulation? But at what design and/or financial costs?

Secondly, if you're at all considering getting the coneheads, you may later regret passing on TC and SW now... Once these are impossible to find in stores, I'd bet the after-market price is going to sting. I mean let's be honest; $60 + tax for repainted voyager figures is already steep.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby aronjlove » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Sowndwave76 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:Made my weekly trip to the Target pharmacy and stopped by the toy aisle. Still an empty spot for the Seekers where I go but I think I'm gonna skip these two as I'm happy with the Siege versions.

I wouldn't give up hope on the seeker 2 pack yet...
For one, I think we're getting real close to the point where that mold can't be improved much more.
I won't be surprised if with the next round of seekers (hopefully not for a long time from now), that lots of people will decide the ER versions are really pretty solid, and they'll save their money.
That is unless Hasbro makes really show-accurate versions that make them more appealing for some, or the new ones include some sort of gimmick or accessory that's somehow too good to pass up. Maybe taking the nose section of the jet and making it removable so there's not kibble in bot mode, but for some even that's not a good thing or an improvement. Maybe they'll have better articulation? But at what design and/or financial costs?

Secondly, if you're at all considering getting the coneheads, you may later regret passing on TC and SW now... Once these are impossible to find in stores, I'd bet the after-market price is going to sting. I mean let's be honest; $60 + tax for repainted voyager figures is already steep.
Yeah, you're right. I do see the regret people have about Siege Skywarp, and ER Skywarp does have a really nice purple to him. If I see them I know I'll grab them but I'm not going to chase them online. Darn exclusives.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Well, Sowndwave, whether you like it or not that color layout is accurate to the original:
And since people are such sticklers for that... Welp.

The original toy's bird mode was even more of a box, and had less of a wingspan, so at least this version improves on that a bit.

That being said... It's somewhat unlikely they'd do it because the show stupidly used the Doubledealer color scheme... But do you think you'd like him better in the Doubleclouder colors?
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:36 pm

aronjlove wrote:Yeah, you're right. I do see the regret people have about Siege Skywarp, and ER Skywarp does have a really nice purple to him. If I see them I know I'll grab them but I'm not going to chase them online. Darn exclusives.

As more and more people have been able to get them, I'd keep checking online though; easier than constantly going back to the store.
And I didn't want to assume it's as though you're desperate to get them; just thought if you want them at all, you should go for it! Whether you want to end up with the full set of 6 or not.
I could be completely off, but I will be extremely shocked, and probably a bit pissed if we suddenly get these 3 characters in the SS '86 Move line... From the financial side, I hope not!
From there I go back and forth with the thought of when we'll see G1 style seekers again...
I suppose in the grand scheme it could be sooner than later.
But I'd bet that'll be at least a couple years down the road from now.
Good luck getting the 2 pack. It'll happen!!
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby transformers_va » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Sowndwave76 wrote:..the legs are much too short imo. I'd also like more contrast between his face and his chest.
I don't think the video is doing him justice.. in-hand he looks great in robot mode.

What I'm trying to figure out, and perhaps I should look at the instructions, is what is the removable abdomen piece for?
Last edited by transformers_va on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:58 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, Sowndwave, whether you like it or not that color layout is accurate to the original:

The original toy's bird mode was even more of a box, and had less of a wingspan, so at least this version improves on that a bit.

That being said... It's somewhat unlikely they'd do it because the show stupidly used the Doubledealer color scheme... But do you think you'd like him better in the Doubleclouder colors?

I figured it was based on the original toy.
I also bet this would be an improvement.

Not sure I like Doubleclouder's colors any better... It's just a weird combo to me...
I mean, Lavender, Baby Blue, a dark tone/shade of Blue-Green, Black (or dark, dark Gray), a handful of smaller areas of Red, and White...
I'm sure those could work together somehow, so maybe it's the ratio and placement...
I really don't like how the the bird head stands out alone so much color-wise. But then I think I have no problem with the Triceratops face/head being a different color from the body on Slag...
I guess with Double Dealer it just doesn't work for me.
I also forgot to mention before that imo the bot's lower legs look like they're turned outwards, which doesn't help his appearance. Unless it really messed with one of the other modes, I would've used paint apps and/or stickers to really emphasize where his feet are located, as well as possibly taking the color/sticker up the front of the middle of the lower leg just a bit.
*edit: when posed, the legs/feet don't look as bad... Standing straight up is when I think the lower legs can look awkward.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby blackeyedprime » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
transformers_va wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:..the legs are much too short imo. I'd also like more contrast between his face and his chest.
I don't think the video is doing him justice.. in-hand he looks great in robot mode.

What I'm trying to figure out, and perhaps I should look at the instructions, is what is the removable abdomen piece for?

The piece is to stick on the cassette/shield guys Knok or Skar to make them look like a powermaster engine as a nod to the original toys.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2

Postby transformers_va » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Ah, that makes sense - thank you!
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Within the last week I got the vibe (from actual posts) that some preferred the Studio Series thread to stick to live action-based conversation rather than anything G1. Which is fine by me.
So I thought this would be the next best place to ask--

Can someone please do me a favor and list the characters that are confirmed to be in the '86 Movie line-up so far? I thought the only one was Slag with Daniel.
Also, because of my interest in this line, is there any word on how many total slots the line with hold?
Is it a line that could continue past 2021? Or will it be short-lived based on the anniversary of the movie?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Sowndwave76
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sowndwave76 wrote:That's a lot of baby blue going on

Dear old aunt Petunia would be happy!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4496
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby bvzxa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Preordered the jets for sure...held off on Ironhide and Prowl but I might do it later since the two pack is a few more months off than the Coneheads
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sowndwave76 wrote:Within the last week I got the vibe (from actual posts) that some preferred the Studio Series thread to stick to live action-based conversation rather than anything G1. Which is fine by me.

Can someone please do me a favor and list the characters that are confirmed to be in the '86 Movie line-up so far? I thought the only one was Slag with Daniel.
Also, because of my interest in this line, is there any word on how many total slots the line with hold?
Is it a line that could continue past 2021? Or will it be short-lived based on the anniversary of the movie?

Grimlock and Wheelie (leader)
Slag and Daniel (leader)
Kup (Deluxe)
Blurr (Deluxe)
Gnaw (Deluxe)

Rumoured:
Scourge (Voyager)
Hot Rod (Voyager with hand saw)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby bvzxa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:42 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, Sowndwave, whether you like it or not that color layout is accurate to the original:
And since people are such sticklers for that... Welp.

Interesting how the Takara version of Doubleclouder was never used for the animation, they used Hasbro Doubledealer instead. So there goes the Selects version right there lol
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

Postby bvzxa » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:47 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:Within the last week I got the vibe (from actual posts) that some preferred the Studio Series thread to stick to live action-based conversation rather than anything G1. Which is fine by me.

Grimlock and Wheelie (leader)
Slag and Daniel (leader)
Kup (Deluxe)
Blurr (Deluxe)
Gnaw (Deluxe)

Rumoured:
Scourge (Voyager)
Hot Rod (Voyager with hand saw)

So I guess Studio Series applies to the movies, and of course there is the '86 Movie....I see you Hasbro you ain't letting up on my wallet :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
bvzxa
Godmaster
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON