Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:37 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Autobot N wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I said it in another thread but I'll say it here. I don't get the fascination with him. It was kind of explained to me, but I still see him on the shelf at the store and just shrug. But I guess we all have figures we do that to.

I enjoy fiddling with him, he's actually pretty zen fun to transform, but I in no way think it's a great figure, but, as the first actually good update to what is clearly an extremely popular character, I get why everyone is losing it over him, I just don't personally think it does anything well, but I will concede that it has a certain charm to it
To me, he just looks really bloated.

That's part of why I love him. He is chunky! He is fun that way!

I grabbed all my WFC Leaders, both Earthrise and Siege alike. They are a pretty dang good bunch. Doubledealer and Galaxy prime are my standout favorites, I have sang both their praises before. Shockwave has excellent detailing, light piping, and i love the purple they used. Dead Prime is very photogenic, and the head sculpt is cool. And Astrotrain, I feel like I was too harsh on him before. I have warmed to him, enjoying him. Plus finally figured out how to make his tender work.

Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
News Credits: 1540
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I will never understand why 1988 Hasbro decided to make the sides of his vehicle mode face forward on his legs in robot mode, instead of having the sides on the sides of his legs with the wheels set back and the top of the vehicle facing forward. That would have given the legs of the original Doubledealer (and by extension, this new one) a much better silhouette since the way they went with the legs makes them look wide and flat.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 349
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Sabrblade wrote:I will never understand why 1988 Hasbro decided to make the sides of his vehicle mode face forward on his legs in robot mode, instead of having the sides on the sides of his legs with the wheels set back and the top of the vehicle facing forward. That would have given the legs of the original Doubledealer (and by extension, this new one) a much better silhouette since the way they went with the legs makes them look wide and flat.

See, i like that they did that since he is one of the few, if not the only one, where the legs actually do that. It's a very unique transformation/body quirk that he had all to himself.
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:26 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I will never understand why 1988 Hasbro decided to make the sides of his vehicle mode face forward on his legs in robot mode, instead of having the sides on the sides of his legs with the wheels set back and the top of the vehicle facing forward. That would have given the legs of the original Doubledealer (and by extension, this new one) a much better silhouette since the way they went with the legs makes them look wide and flat.

See, i like that they did that since he is one of the few, if not the only one, where the legs actually do that. It's a very unique transformation/body quirk that he had all to himself.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I like the legs because of them being in a unique. Plus, shin wheels.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
News Credits: 27
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:00 pm

Rise from your grave

D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby sol magnus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:05 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
AcademyofDrX wrote:I really want an earth mode Magnus, and though it might be in SS instead of ER, I'm guessing it'll happen. I don't regret the Netflix variant, but I never should have gotten the regular Siege one.

I'm opposite to that one. When the time came to pull the trigger I just stayed with OG Magnus. He looks better to me.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:39 am

Siege Magnus is a lot nicer than Netflix WfC Magnus, but I have CW Magnus as a G1-toy Magnus that's also passable as a G1 cartoon Magnus. If there is a Studio Series cartoon-accurate earth-mode Magnus, then Siege Magnus becomes completely redundant, while Netflix WfC Magnus retains some value for its Cybertronian mode, unique deco, and tie-in to the new animated series.

When I first started collecting during TR, my goal was one of each of the main G1 characters (just the movie at that time.) Now I'm allowing for multiples, but I want them to slot into some kind of set, whether it's a specific season of the cartoon or a Cybertronian set or whatever. Siege Magnus is a little bit of many of those arbitrary categories, but not the best at any given one.
AcademyofDrX
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: Starfighter
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1

Postby sol magnus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:45 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
AcademyofDrX wrote:Siege Magnus is a lot nicer than Netflix WfC Magnus, but I have CW Magnus as a G1-toy Magnus that's also passable as a G1 cartoon Magnus. If there is a Studio Series cartoon-accurate earth-mode Magnus, then Siege Magnus becomes completely redundant, while Netflix WfC Magnus retains some value for its Cybertronian mode, unique deco, and tie-in to the new animated series.

When I first started collecting during TR, my goal was one of each of the main G1 characters (just the movie at that time.) Now I'm allowing for multiples, but I want them to slot into some kind of set, whether it's a specific season of the cartoon or a Cybertronian set or whatever. Siege Magnus is a little bit of many of those arbitrary categories, but not the best at any given one.

I've never opened my Combiner Wars Magnus. I'm only tempted to for Minimus Ambus. Might do that tonght. I''ve never liked the eyes on the combiner wars version.

Of course, my 'definitive' Magnus is Masterpiece, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Headmaster

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am

My favourite Magnus remains Classics with City Commander armour. I have a bunch of add-ons for that old set. I recognize that it's outdated now, though. It has its flaws.

If they make an Earth mode Magnus, I guess that goes on my Siege regrets list. I already dislike the vehicle mode with its transparent grille and cab that doesn't work all on its own.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:09 am

My "Siege regrets list" waffles between "all of them" and "none of them." I made an assumption at the start of Siege that based on the WfC branding and recent history, most of the Siege characters would not have true earth modes anytime soon. As we've seen from Earthrise, that assumption was completely wrong. That said, I'm happy that I have a large Tetrajet squadron and some IDW2/Cybertronian Autobots, and Earthrise and Kingdom can't take that away.
AcademyofDrX
Headmaster Jr

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:12 am

My siege regret list is actually non-existent. I am not buying figures i already got in siege, I prefer those to the Earth mode ones, if anything it saves me a lot of money from having to re-buy all those guys again. Just fill in the gaps.
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:25 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
No Siege regrets for me either, especially since I bought mostly the outliers such as the Weaponizers (who all got selects or amazon reissues) Skytread, all the Battlemasters, Jetfire, and Omega Supreme. I would not have had any of the other Deluxes or Voyagers actually though if not for the Netflix reissues packing Battlemasters with them. I now have Hotlink, Megatron and Ultra Magnus from the netflix 1st wave, all new toys for me. I was going to originally sell them off, but my son wanted them, so no loss.

It would have been nice actually to see a recolored Cog in one of the waves, I would have picked it up, especially if it were the yellow one (I have Aragon which is basically a red Cog already for my Grand Max). I thought at first, maybe they didn't reissue cog because he was already reissued in the Amazon set as Aragon, but then again, they are doing Impactor in wave 2 , which is the 3rd release of that toy.

And definitely no earthrise regrets, I've highly enjoyed each toy I've picked up, the few that I have, though unfortunately my Doubledealer is a bit loose especially when it comes to the legs, but oh well, he stands fine he will always be in robot mode on display, or in carrier mode connected to the bases. My son did bird mode once, we don't need to see it again ;) .
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
Faction Commander
News Credits: 24
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:45 am

Gauntlet101010 wrote:My favourite Magnus remains Classics with City Commander armour. I have a bunch of add-ons for that old set. I recognize that it's outdated now, though. It has its flaws.

If they make an Earth mode Magnus, I guess that goes on my Siege regrets list. I already dislike the vehicle mode with its transparent grille and cab that doesn't work all on its own.

I had both for many years. Sold it off last year for about 100 bucks. I miss it, but it was dated.

I don't have any Siege regrets, either. And I have bought multiple versions of characters. One, I was pretty much out of Generations for years while collecting Masterpiece, barring a few notable exceptions (CW Magnus being one). To me, I'm just making up for lost time, and I like the trilogy starting from back on Cybertron aspect of it. I actually expected to get new versions of some of the bigger guys, anyway.

I had all those characters before in CHUG, but if there was a 'better' version, I had no problem replacing them for a newer figure. The WFC figures, whether Siege or Earthrise feel 'definitive' to me.

I'm actually somewhat worried about where my collecting will go once WFC and Studio Series '86 are complete. Might be time to turn it over to my son - although, he's not ready for Transformers in the amounts I get for myself.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Headmaster

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 am

I have a lot of multiples, many bought just to experience the figure.

But Siege Magnus is flawed. I got him because I thought that would be the best "official white Prime in armour" Magnus we'd get for a long time, despite those flaws. But if he isn't then I bought him under a faulty premise and I'd regret getting him. Especially since I went into it knowing I like City Commander more (dated though he is).

I suppose I have to start being MUCH choosier in what I buy to avoid this. A lot of recent releases have flaws that, maybe, I shouldn't be so quick to overlook.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:57 am

sol magnus wrote:I'm actually somewhat worried about where my collecting will go once WFC and Studio Series '86 are complete. Might be time to turn it over to my son - although, he's not ready for Transformers in the amounts I get for myself.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. I'm CHUG only, no MP, and almost exclusively on G1. Assuming the rest of the '85 bots get released in Kingdom I'll have nearly the entire G1 cartoon cast across Prime Wars and WfC. I collected a lot of Beast Wars when they were coming out, but I really hope I hold the line and don't try to complete that lineup. I didn't get into the Unicron trilogy, and while I might pick up the occasional one, I won't be collecting them.

Like, I should be just ... done. Is that even possible?
AcademyofDrX
Headmaster Jr

Postby sol magnus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:15 pm

AcademyofDrX wrote:
sol magnus wrote:I'm actually somewhat worried about where my collecting will go once WFC and Studio Series '86 are complete. Might be time to turn it over to my son - although, he's not ready for Transformers in the amounts I get for myself.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. I'm CHUG only, no MP, and almost exclusively on G1. Assuming the rest of the '85 bots get released in Kingdom I'll have nearly the entire G1 cartoon cast across Prime Wars and WfC. I collected a lot of Beast Wars when they were coming out, but I really hope I hold the line and don't try to complete that lineup. I didn't get into the Unicron trilogy, and while I might pick up the occasional one, I won't be collecting them.

Well, in a sense it's easier for me to let things go or even start over at this stage, because I sold off all my CHUG, Car Robots, Beast Wars, half of G1 etc. to get into Masterpiece. After some financial issues that are finally behind me forced me to sell over half of my Masterpiece collection, I find I just don't usually care to "go back" and get stuff I had in the past. I enjoy new takes on things. In general. There are definite exceptions.

What I find difficult is that what would be coming next would be something that could 'replace' WFC since they are pretty solid takes on what I have spent almost 40 years collecting? If it happens, I can't imagine what engineering would have to come into the picture to make it happen. I could always gift my son the WFC stuff, assuming it's something I want to collect - I'm a collector. I collect things. A line in Transformers isn't going to end that, but maybe, just maybe - it can transform one more time.

I'm rambling.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Headmaster

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:28 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
If it's true that Earthrise is only going to have three waves of product, I wonder if that was always planned, or if this is in response to the disruptions from COVID-19. It's odd that Earthrise would be cut so short, but maybe Siege Wave 5 really was meant to be Earthrise Wave 1 and just got repurposed for branding reasons? I'd believe that theory even more if Kingdom turns out to be four waves long.

It's a bit disappointing that Earthrise is so short lived a subline. It's been great so far, even though we've had to wait several more months than usual in between the first two waves for figures to get distributed at retail. I miss lines like Combiner Wars, which gave us SIX solid waves of product, or Titans Return, which gave us five waves (and one new Deluxe figure in "Wave 6") along with TWO Titan Class figures. Siege felt like a return to form after the all too brief Power of the Primes line. Earthrise feels like it's getting the shaft.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
News Credits: 64
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm

There has been a lot more in common between Siege and Earthrise than between CW and TR or TR and PotP. The differences between the play patterns isn't nearly as heavy, and the thematic distinctions are weak: are Sideswipe or Arcee any more or less Cybertronian or Earth-mode than the other? If Kingdom includes Earth vehicles as rumored, then that line won't have a hard transition, either.
AcademyofDrX
Headmaster Jr

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:38 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 244
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:53 pm

AcademyofDrX wrote:

I'm in the same boat as far as completion goes. Didn't go for the MPs since I didn't want to start my collection all over and I still feel the same.

There are some TFs that I'm good with upgrading (like the Seekers). But after this line? I dunno. It could be it.

Right now I find I'm more excited for the Diaclone homages. Like Exhaust - not for who he is, but what he represents. I'm good with Universe Wheeljack. And I have Botcon Slicer. So Exhaust is a great way for me to have an interesting take on Wheeljack without outright replacing the one I have. Ditto Tigertrack and Spinout if/when they make him. It's like a "what-if" version of the thing I'm into.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander

New English Video Review of Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Astro Squad

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:21 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Thundertron, dropped us a line to let us know that fellow Seibertron user and YouTube toy reviewer, PrimeVsPrime has uploaded a brand new Transformers review to their YouTube channel: Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Astro Squad! This is an update to the G1 Micromaster combiner team of the same name, despite only containing Phaser and Blast Master. The team is the second and last Micromaster Combiner update in War for Cybertron, following the Battle Squads release in Siege.

We've embedded the review below for your convenience.

What do you think of this pair? Have you been collecting all the Micromasters so far? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 748

Postby aronjlove » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Just found this pic on Twitter
Look at the head...
aronjlove
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10

New In Box Image of Transformers Earthrise Bluestreak

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron users, aronjlove and CyclonusG1 have alerted us to the presence of a new image of in box Transformers Earthrise Bluestreak! The image comes from UK based toy website, InDemandToys, or more specifically, their Facebook account. The image shows that contary to renders that have been doing the rounds on the internet, the figure will use the Prowl version of the mold, as seen in the Amazon exclusive Transformers Earthrise Autobot Alliance two pack.

It is still unclear on how Bluestreak will be released with certain rumours suggesting he could be this years Walgreens release, a spot taken in the past by Siege Ratchet and Power of the Primes Wreck Gar. We will likely know more when Hasbro fully unveil the figure themselves.

Will you be adding Bluestreak to your collection? Are you glad that the renders were wrong? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 748

Postby aronjlove » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:52 pm

It would be interesting if he is a Walgreens exclusive, the couple of Walgreens I got to semi-regularly have pretty much stopped stocking Transformers outside of the Cyber Battalion line, and even then it is always Prowl or Shockwave.
aronjlove
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Notimus Crime » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:06 pm

Motto: "Independence is the truth of every responsive creature"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Well that looks a lot better than that render that was floating around at the very least (the Smokescreen head and weird baby blue legs had me worried). Which is good because Bluestreak's my favorite deco out of the datsun brothers. Actually now that I'm thinking about it I can't decide who I like more between Bluestreak and Prowl. Oh well whatever I'm going to try to get both of them anyways.
This transforming robot is in no way shape or form Optimus Prime
Notimus Crime
Mini-Con
Watch Notimus Crime on YouTube
Alt Mode: Blue and red truck
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON - SENTINEL PRIME (P65)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2017 Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "FLM51202: Flame Toys Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri #02 Tarn Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mastermind Reformatted R-01 MMC Terminus Hexatron Sixshot w/Swords" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mastermind Creations Reformatted Kultur R-19 Not Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece ACID STORM MP-01 Toys R Us Exclusive with Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC Loyal subjects Exclusive Transformers Optimus Prime GOLD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY