Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Glarryg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Wolfman Jake wrote:Speaking of Masterpiece figures, I'm just about ready to cash them all in. They come out too slowly and we'll never complete the whole cast at this rate, especially when they keep redoing characters already released. Without going into a whole rant on the Masterpiece line, I'll just say that modern Generations figures are much more satisfying, keeping the screen accuracy of the Sunbow character models and adding in much more sculpted detailing, which looks fantastic to me. All of this comes at a fraction of the price of the Masterpiece line. So, what I'm trying to say is, don't count on me for that Masterpiece Arcee review, lol! :lol:

I've had that thought in the back of my head since Siege started, and outside of the Diaclone homages I'm starting to find myself less and less excited every time a new MP figure is announced. To me that's odd considering how stoked I was when they first started doing MPs.

As for the Target-exclusive guys, on the other hand, I'm loving the Windstorm/Hurricane and Stingracer/Stinger deal. It's like a mini-crossover set. Plus, I was super-into M.A.S.K. as a kid, and those were two of my favorite vehicles (even though Hurricane was my brother's).

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:22 am

Part of my Mindwipe's wing/lower-leg broke off a few months ago. This re-release can be an opportunity to replace him. It's a figure I've already experienced though, but he's also part of a "set" (the Rebirth cast.) So it sucks. Is there a price yet?
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby aronjlove » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 am

Cyberpath wrote:Part of my Mindwipe's wing/lower-leg broke off a few months ago. This re-release can be an opportunity to replace him. It's a figure I've already experienced though, but he's also part of a "set" (the Rebirth cast.) So it sucks. Is there a price yet?

I'm in the same boat, the very tip of the wing that becomes the back of the leg, and it was the Takara version so this would be a perfect replacement. I also never got Hardhead as I mainly went for the Decepticon Headmasters, ugh, I mean Titanmasters, so I might pick him up if I see him.
aronjlove
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:55 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Wolfman Jake wrote:Speaking of Masterpiece figures, I'm just about ready to cash them all in. They come out too slowly and we'll never complete the whole cast at this rate, especially when they keep redoing characters already released. Without going into a whole rant on the Masterpiece line, I'll just say that modern Generations figures are much more satisfying, keeping the screen accuracy of the Sunbow character models and adding in much more sculpted detailing, which looks fantastic to me. All of this comes at a fraction of the price of the Masterpiece line. So, what I'm trying to say is, don't count on me for that Masterpiece Arcee review, lol! :lol:
Another thing about the MPs is that even before the prices ballooned.. there was always the fact that they take up more space.

So, there's something I'm curious as to whether anyone else was experienced. When I first got Snapdragon, his right hand didn't want to budge for anything, almost as if it was glued in place (although I didn't see any signs of glue). I had to loosen the screw a fair ways before it would actually move. It has moved freely ever since, though, even after I re-tightened the screw.

Anyone else run into that? Or have any idea what the problem was?
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WANT:
HFTD Starscream clay head impression
Energon Optimus super mode hat
Cyb Megs missile
Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mask
CW Dead End/Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire right "JTFR" Panel
BH Ult. Optimus Sword
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, smol beast arms, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby Rodimus Knight » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 am

first walmart cancels nearly all my pre-orders for the second wave of netflix figure and I missed the chance to pre-order the Target exclusives. What a craptastic day this is starting off to be.
Rodimus Knight
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:09 am

aronjlove wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Part of my Mindwipe's wing/lower-leg broke off a few months ago. This re-release can be an opportunity to replace him. It's a figure I've already experienced though, but he's also part of a "set" (the Rebirth cast.) So it sucks. Is there a price yet?

I'm in the same boat, the very tip of the wing that becomes the back of the leg, and it was the Takara version so this would be a perfect replacement. I also never got Hardhead as I mainly went for the Decepticon Headmasters, ugh, I mean Titanmasters, so I might pick him up if I see him.

Yours, too? #-o

So it can happen again with this new release then?

(Mine was also Takara.)
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:11 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Glarryg wrote:As for the Target-exclusive guys, on the other hand, I'm loving the Windstorm/Hurricane and Stingracer/Stinger deal. It's like a mini-crossover set. Plus, I was super-into M.A.S.K. as a kid, and those were two of my favorite vehicles (even though Hurricane was my brother's).

Glarryg

The Micromaster set is actually an Amazon exclusive, part of the Galactic Odyssey subline. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
News Credits: 64
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

New Production Shots of Target Exclusive Thrust and Runabout

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:36 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Takara Tomy have taken to their Twitter account to share the news that preorders will be going live next month for the domestic release of the Target Exclusives (in the USA at least), Thrust and Runabout! Included with the tweets was a brand new image of the figures in question!

Voyager Class Thrust

Deluxe Class Runabout

It is unknown at this point if these two will be Takara Tomy Mall Exclusives or not.

Thrust and Runabout were announced at hasbros streaming event, Fans First Friday, click here for more of the reveals from the event!

Thrust is a redeco of the previously released Amazon Exclusive Dirge and Ramjet two pack (they are themselves retools of the Earthrise seeker mold).

Runabout is a direct redeco of his partner Runamuck.

What did you think of these? Did you manage to secure a preorder? Or are you gambling on finding them in store? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 744

Postby aronjlove » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:58 am

Cyberpath wrote:
aronjlove wrote:

Yours, too? #-o

So it can happen again with this new release then?

(Mine was also Takara.)

It all depends on if these are straight re-releases or if they did something with the materials. A few figures in Titans Return used a type of rubbery plastic for pieces, and I've heard reports of the others breaking as well. Specifically, the flap on Skullcruncher/Krok where the Titanmaster sits has broken on a bunch. No idea why they used this type of plastic for the pieces they did.

Went to Target, Walmart, and two Walgreens with zero signs of any new Earthrise. One of the Walgreens did have a shelf sticker for WFC Deluxe but nothing on the shelf. Was hoping to see a Sunstreaker or Bluestreak.
aronjlove
Targetmaster

Postby Bounti76 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:07 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Bombshell0001 wrote:So will Thrust and Runabout be in stores ? Or was the only chance to get them the pre order that I am sure sold out in 3 seconds .

They should be. Leadfoot was similarly sold out of preorders almost instantly, but at least at my Target, they ended up getting two cases of him, at 6 to a case. Same with 'Cracker and Skywarp.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 285
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Nuclearxpotato » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Just got my Airwave today from Pulse (seems they're shipping out Wave 2 Deluxes one-by-one) and I noticed something interesting.

After messing around with them a bit, I noticed that there's shared engineering between Airwave and fellow Decepticon Brunt. Specifically the softer metallic plastic parts and paler orange come from Brunt (knees, hips, wheels, elbows, and chest peg).
ImageImage
Airwave's a nice solid Decepticon, though he isn't as fun of a modulator as Ironworks (who's basically a living set of building blocks). I am head-over-heels for this color-scheme (wish there were more orange and blue guys out there). It's interesting to see that the Titans Return method of shared engineering still lives on with the Weaponizers/Modulators.
Nuclearxpotato
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Yeah Airwave is really good, but in some of his other firms he just seems loose and unfinished, whereas Ironworks ( and Greasepit) seem to have everything tab in nicely together reinforcing the toys strength and stability.
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
Faction Commander
News Credits: 24
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby aronjlove » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Screenshot 2020-10-17 134053.png
Ha!
aronjlove
Targetmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
aronjlove wrote:
Ha!

Scalpers gonna scalp.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
News Credits: 744

Postby transformers_va » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
aronjlove wrote:
Ha!

Damn! For $20-$30 more, might as well get the MP :HEADHURTS:
transformers_va
Minibot
News Credits: 8
Strength: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
A real pity we can't reach through the screen and strangle these filth.
WANT:
HFTD Starscream clay head impression
Energon Optimus super mode hat
Cyb Megs missile
Optimus Primal missiles, left back panel, mask
CW Dead End/Offroad HFG, Breakdown HFG
Armada Thundercracker missile
Armada Optimus front left trailer strut, cheekguards
ROTF Jetfire right "JTFR" Panel
BH Ult. Optimus Sword
RID Ultra Magnus missiles
Vector Prime Cyber Key
Armada Jolt, Thunderclash, Clench
RID Galvatron foot/dragon head, smol beast arms, 1x launcher/sword hilt
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

War for Cybertron: Earthrise Wave 3 Deluxe Figures Found at U.S. Retail

Postby Bounti76 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Well, Wave 2 of Earthrise Deluxe figures are just now trickling out to retail in the U.S., after an eight month wait between Waves. Yet, surprisingly, Seibertronian Mindmaster has already found Wave 3 Deluxes at two different Targets in El Paso, Texas. Photo proof is below.

This Wave, consisting of Runamuck, Fasttrack, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker, seems to be showing up right on time, as most preorders were scheduled for October. Hopefully, this won't mean that Wave 2 will be scarce on the ground.

So are you all excited by this news? Do you plan on picking up any of the figures from this Wave? Let us know below, and happy hunting!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 285
Firepower: 6

Postby aronjlove » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Man, I hit a Target, two Walmarts, and a Walgreens today and found nothing new. The coolest thing on the shelf was a couple of Sky Lynxes at Target, but he was next to five Siege Shockwaves :BANG_HEAD: finally got my $12.99 Siege Springer at a Ross so the trip wasn't a total bust.
aronjlove
Targetmaster

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Man, Wave 2 hasn't even shown up here in San Jose yet, now Wave 3's coming in and it's gonna be forever until it shows up as well.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- the Headmaster head for Legends LG56 Perceptor, LG59 Blitzwing, LG22 Skullcruncher, or LG30 Weirdwolf
- Unite Warriors Computron's Lightspeed
- Combiner Wars Air Raid
- rifle and shoulder guns from Siege Bluestreak
- rifle from Siege Red Alert
Jeddostotle7
Combiner
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby LordBludgeon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Motto: ""Fools! To a master of Metallikato, your clumsy attack is almost slow motion!""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Woah, slow down, I'm still waiting on wave 2 in my area.... unless scalpers are snatching them all up and I have yet to see any. Ha, ha. -sigh-
LordBludgeon
Micromaster
Alt Mode: Pretender
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Skill: 10

Postby Immortal Starscream » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 am

My target had the new battle masters, so I was finally able to pick up slitherfang and double-crossed, but everyone bis swimming in wave one stuff that they just barely started putting out. Hell, one Walmart has put out 10 cases of the wave 2 as leaders in the last week. Time to drive over to el paso
Immortal Starscream
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 15

Postby o.supreme » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I only want Fasttrack. My original Target online pre order said 11/1, but I cancelled it when Amazon had the deluxe cheaper $18.88) even if after getting pushed back to 11/4. At this point it's unlikely I'll see wave 3 in any Target store before then , so I'll stick with my Amazon pre-order. I just feel sorry for everyone wanting to see wave 2 in store, ER wave 2 could be the next TR wave 5...as in ,. not sold in most stores, which is unfortunate.
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
Faction Commander
News Credits: 24
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Solrac333 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:30 am

My wallet! #-o
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Godmaster
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
That's kind of a bummer that Sunstreaker's chest is the only area with a decent yellow color...
I haven't seen any of this wave, although I don't think I'm getting any of them anyway (really was considering Sunstreaker).
Looks like I'll have some more money for SS86 Slag, Kingdom Galvatron, and hopefully ER Bluestreak.
Sowndwave76
Godmaster
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby SGMLordMirage » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Motto: "In my book: Treat as hostile here and now, apologize later!"
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
Here is hoping to see ER wave 3 in the future. I am personally wanting to snag Runamuck and Fasttrack. As others have stated, still hoping to see Wave 2. I have only managed to spot ER Airwave from Wave 2 at a Walmart.

SGM
SGMLordMirage
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Generations PROWL 7" Battalion Class GDO Import MISB (2016 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots RID 2015 Combiner Force Menasor Motormaster Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots RID 2015 Combiner Force Galvatronus Cyclonus Complete" on EBAY
Buy "New KRE-O Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME 31143 Mini Kit 2 IN 1 Truck Robot 90 pc SET" on EBAY
Buy "NEW KRE-O Transformers Megatron (30688) - In Factory Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Robots in Disguise - POWER SURGE STARSCREAM + LANCELON" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Netflix Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Soundblaster Special Edition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus Warrior Class RID 2015 Unmasked" on EBAY