This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:30 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Wolfman Jake wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I reiterate that I wish they'd just reissued TR Arcee instead of giving us this. TR Arcee may be slightly futch, but she's good as a headmaster Arcee. And seeing as headmaster Arcee has been a canon thing since "The Rebirth", it would be nice if the 30-year-belated toy form was more accessible.

Maybe she'll be the fourth Headmaster in Wave 2 of the "Retro Headmasters" line at Walmart? I can see that being a pretty viable option, though I still hold out hope that they'll do a single release of Cerebros instead in cartoon accurate colors.

Pixelmaster over on TFW (one of the reliable leakers) said a while ago that the 8th slot in this line (which is, at least so far, limited to two waves planned) is gonna be Punch/Counterpunch. Not a Headmaster, but another Prime Wars figure Hasbro seems satisfied with and is expensive to get nowadays.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby blackeyedprime » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:42 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I'm sure Smyths will have plenty of Soundwaves. Bee might be harder to find but I can imagine him shipping in boxes of just pure Bees if they did it with Smaokescreen (even if that might have been an error or just distribution being what it is).

Hoist is faily decent since they changed the side window paint and the mismatched greens only look bad in photos. Vehicle mode the hands can be removed if desired so that they dont hang low but they kind of look like suspension of some sort. I def think Trailbreaker will look even better in black.

Just Trailbreaker and Fast Track for me from wave 3. Sunstreaker I'll stick with classics and maybe eventually upgrade to KO G1 but I've not even got the MP yet and the toy is usually in vehicle mode next to MP in my display.

Runas are still going to be cheaper than buying the chug ones but I prefer them having their own car modes anyways, so G1 for me at some point for them. Sadly the newage ones or whatever they are, look off in car mode -Hasbro have definitely beaten thrid party with all their versions of them so far even the Japanese RID 2015 versions.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Tuned Agent » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I reiterate that I wish they'd just reissued TR Arcee instead of giving us this. TR Arcee may be slightly futch, but she's good as a headmaster Arcee. And seeing as headmaster Arcee has been a canon thing since "The Rebirth", it would be nice if the 30-year-belated toy form was more accessible.

Maybe she'll be the fourth Headmaster in Wave 2 of the "Retro Headmasters" line at Walmart? I can see that being a pretty viable option, though I still hold out hope that they'll do a single release of Cerebros instead in cartoon accurate colors.

Pixelmaster over on TFW (one of the reliable leakers) said a while ago that the 8th slot in this line (which is, at least so far, limited to two waves planned) is gonna be Punch/Counterpunch. Not a Headmaster, but another Prime Wars figure Hasbro seems satisfied with and is expensive to get nowadays.

Punch/Counterpunch? I'd be down for that.
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:03 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Not sure how I feel about re-releasing exclusives as part of exclusive lines that aren't as exclusive, or maybe more exclusive.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:21 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
Do you collect Transformers to actually enjoy them, or are you collecting them only as trophies, or commodities to flip?
I'm the former, so I'm fine with them rereleasing former exclusives. Especially since so often they're only exclusive because either they didn't fit the regular assortment's gimmick or the regular assortment just plain didn't have the room.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Do you collect Transformers to actually enjoy them, or are you collecting them only as trophies, or commodities to flip?
I'm the former, so I'm fine with them rereleasing former exclusives. Especially since so often they're only exclusive because either they didn't fit the regular assortment's gimmick or the regular assortment just plain didn't have the room.

Some people were mad when Hasbro officially released Classics Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge in the Generations line almost three years after the 2007 BotCon set had come out. I can see how that might have made some people feel a little upset about spending so much money on an exclusive set when they could have waited a few more years, but that's always the risk you take, right? It's not much different than buying up Hasbro figures when they first come out only to find that, a year later, Takara Tomy did the deco much more to your liking or put in extra accessories or whatnot.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7

Postby aronjlove » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:32 pm

Or a year later and you find that leader you paid full price for at Ross for less than half price :BANG_HEAD:
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
aronjlove wrote:Or a year later and you find that leader you paid full price for at Ross for less than half price :BANG_HEAD:
You paid an extra $25-30 to have and enjoy the figure a year sooner. That's $2-3 a month. If you can't afford $2-3 a month, you shouldn't be buying Transformers to begin with. Or not as frequently, at the least.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby aronjlove » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
aronjlove wrote:Or a year later and you find that leader you paid full price for at Ross for less than half price :BANG_HEAD:
You paid an extra $25-30 to have and enjoy the figure a year sooner. That's $2-3 a month. If you can't afford $2-3 a month, you shouldn't be buying Transformers to begin with. Or not as frequently, at the least.
Astrotrain was worth the full cost to me but it was still a shock seeing him for $17.99.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:12 pm

aronjlove wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Astrotrain was worth the full cost to me but it was still a shock seeing him for $17.99.
Well like you said, it was a year later, and perhaps Hasbro thought the figure wasn't in demand as much anymore. For $18 I would gave bought it, but not for $50. And like you said, it was worth it to you at the original price, and that's what matters. Your value and your enjoyment.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:17 pm

....I think I may have to be checking Ross now. Not that I would mind paying full price for Astrotrain if I had the spare cash, but even if I did there's also the issue of actually finding him. And at Target, thanks to the accursed Shockwave repack clogging the shelves...

Would I be right in thinking this $17.99 Astrotrain was in SIEGE packaging?
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Do you collect Transformers to actually enjoy them, or are you collecting them only as trophies, or commodities to flip?

Some people were mad when Hasbro officially released Classics Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge in the Generations line almost three years after the 2007 BotCon set had come out. I can see how that might have made some people feel a little upset about spending so much money on an exclusive set when they could have waited a few more years, but that's always the risk you take, right? It's not much different than buying up Hasbro figures when they first come out only to find that, a year later, Takara Tomy did the deco much more to your liking or put in extra accessories or whatnot.

A little column A and a little column B, with a touch from column C.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Something I'm curious about: Does anyone know if someone has done fan-made Titans Return-style collector's cards for Earthrise Snapdragon and Scorponok (as well as SIEGE Apeface)?
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Flashwave » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Being honest, the little ramp dudes and the bass gimmick in this line really doesn't interest me much. But Slither Fang finally showed up in my local Meijer and you look pretty cool. And since he's technically supposed to be associated with quintessons, I couldn't pass up the idea of troop building a couple of snakes. So with my apologies do any collectors in Mooresville Indiana who might have been looking for Slither Fang I picked up the three on the shelves and these dudes are pretty cool for what they are. I'm picturing them burrowing into the ground in that little ramp modes I'm waiting for some unsuspecting cybertronian to step on them and get a sudden fight to the foot or something.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Skill: 9

Postby LinaNui » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:28 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
The base building is my favorite part! I made this since I was finally able to snag airwave! I have a lot more baseformers, but this is all I have with me now. This weekend I will make a city with all my base guys.
Attachments
20201020_222444.jpg
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
It was because of that discounted price at Ross at that I bought two Siege Astrotrains at Ross after having previously bought an Earthrise Astrotrain at full price at Target, giving me three Astrotrains now, one for each of his modes. :mrgreen:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Sabrblade wrote:It was because of that discounted price at Ross at that I bought two Siege Astrotrains at Ross after having previously bought an Earthrise Astrotrain at full price at Target, giving me three Astrotrains now, one for each of his modes. :mrgreen:
If he was white and purple instead of gray and purple, I'd be doing the same, even with the unnecessary extra crap included.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:37 pm

Sabrblade wrote:It was because of that discounted price at Ross at that I bought two Siege Astrotrains at Ross after having previously bought an Earthrise Astrotrain at full price at Target, giving me three Astrotrains now, one for each of his modes. :mrgreen:
So it is indeed specifically the SIEGE release of Astrotrain that's showing up at Ross with a markdown.

I suspected that was the case. With the SIEGE release coming so late and having difficulty getting out to shelves because of Shockwave shelfwarming, and then the Earthrise rerelease coming out in the first wave and having higher priority because it's new stock from the current subline... It makes sense that the SIEGE-packaged ones would get offloaded to discount stores ASAP.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:08 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Rodimus Prime wrote:
If he was white and purple instead of gray and purple, I'd be doing the same, even with the unnecessary extra crap included.
What can I say? I'm a sucker for his complete locomotive mode. :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Courage: 8

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:26 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
What assortment was Siege Shockwave in that he's so prevalent? Was wave 4 just a solid case of Shockwaves?

Anyway. I finally found the Earthrise wave 2 deluxes in my area! I bought 3 out of 4 (T30 Arcee is fine for me), along with the Battle Squad Micromasters. I believe the only things I'm waiting for now from Earthrise are the wave 3 deluxes and voyagers..... and all the exclusives.
PXL_20201021_030941722.jpg

Unfortunately, the Smokescreen I picked up has a paint scratch on his face and some rub on his legs...... as well as two left hands.
PXL_20201021_054110555.jpg
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:59 am

I do believe that Amazon just charged me for Trailbreaker and Sunstreaker, neither of whom had an expected ship date.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Nemesis Primal » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:36 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
King Kuuga wrote:What assortment was Siege Shockwave in that he's so prevalent? Was wave 4 just a solid case of Shockwaves?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the issue was that he was released in Wave 1 with Magnus, and then immediately repacked in with Galaxy Upgrade OP in the following wave, and since good guys sell well and Optimus especially sells well, Shockwave was evidently the least bought figure of the 3 while also being the most stocked. Amazon also discounted him a few times, all the way down to at least Voyager price at one point, which means a number of people bought him there and therefore didn't help with the fleets of Shockwaves forming in brick-and-mortar.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Starseeker » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:47 am

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch, and do we have fun!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Astrotrain is great! Probably my favorite figure. A lot of playability. I enjoy the caboose/launch pad and all the weapons. I picked up an extra launch pad for base building purposes, and the weapons I find look good with a lot of other figures, particularly the AU Prime.
Starseeker
Vehicon
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:34 am

Starseeker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Astrotrain is great! Probably my favorite figure. A lot of playability. I enjoy the caboose/launch pad and all the weapons. I picked up an extra launch pad for base building purposes, and the weapons I find look good with a lot of other figures, particularly the AU Prime.
It's a fuel tender, not a caboose. It's what would carry the coal (or oil) and water for the locomotive.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:00 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
while i still think Astrotrain could have been better, I do enjoy him and love his train mode. That is his winning mode.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER + ZAPMASTER Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2003 231102A"
THUNDERCRACKER + Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190411"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHATTER Transformers Bumblebee Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018 New"
SHATTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTLE FOR ENERGON Transformers Kre-o set Optimus Prime + Megatron 2012 New"
BATTLE FOR ENERGON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PREDACON W/ SIDE BURN + SKID-Z Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2003 231209A"
PREDACON W/ SIDE B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNARL Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d43j key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
SNARL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Basic complete Hasbro 2002 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESTRUCTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
DESTRUCTION MINI-C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON