Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

Never said he was rare, just never saw one in a store until a few days ago. Missing standard retail and showing up at market 6 stores (in the US at least) is a failure of the system. How nice of you to show your store thousands of miles away has tons of them. Hasbro sucks at didtribution blah blah blah weve beaten this horse to death.
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.

Also interested in The 2002/03 Takara Micromaster Team releases (Sixliner,Sixwing,Sixbuilder,Sixtrain) *I only need Glide the Motorcycle w/upper leg accessory to complete Sixturbo.willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
Faction Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby william-james88 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:19 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

Never said he was rare, just never saw one in a store until a few days ago. Missing standard retail and showing up at market 6 stores (in the US at least) is a failure of the system. How nice of you to show your store thousands of miles away has tons of them. Hasbro sucks at didtribution blah blah blah weve beaten this horse to death.

You said he might be:

o.supreme wrote:Not now, and certainly not out of package, but 10 years down the road, maybe more, it will probably go up in value. I didn't purchase it, but so many wildly variant blister cards of toys on eBay sometimes sell for crazy prices if they are considered "rare" variants.

I am confirming he is not.

Also, just a nugget of info, a multitude of Toysrus stores are just 30 miles from the US. So if anything was worth the trouble, US people on e-bay could hop over the boarder and buy out the stock to resell it, augmenting supply and reducing rarity.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 3003
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby optimeow » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:46 am

These logistic issues are benefiting scalpers living in those areas.
How easy to buy discounted items and ship them off to those of us who can't even find this wave on store shelves :(
optimeow
Mini-Con

Postby o.supreme » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:39 am

william-james88 wrote:Also, just a nugget of info, a multitude of Toysrus stores are just 30 miles from the US. So if anything was worth the trouble, US people on e-bay could hop over the boarder and buy out the stock to resell scalp it,.

Fixed for ya.

Just like all those Rid2015 Kre-o sets, not at general retail in the U.S. Looks like the only ones going across the border to get those were scalpers. I begged Canadian fans for help but that didn't happen. Thankfully I did eventually get them at places like Ross/ Marshalls, but they were still heavily scalped.
I am very much interested in Botcon 2016 Customization Class Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet, willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.

Also interested in The 2002/03 Takara Micromaster Team releases (Sixliner,Sixwing,Sixbuilder,Sixtrain) *I only need Glide the Motorcycle w/upper leg accessory to complete Sixturbo.willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
Faction Commander

Postby Gundown113 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:05 am

I was one of the people that notified the admin about this! I deserve some credit! :evil:
Gundown113
Mini-Con

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
This Aldi find reminds me of way back when I was collecting MOTU 200X. I had never been in an Aldi before that point, but when word got out on the internet that Aldi was going to be the ONLY place in the U.S. to find the first wave of "MOTU vs. Snake Men" figures, I had no other choice. Ended up getting a full-sized stand-up carboard display branded with the Master of the Universe logo. I had some of my unopened chase figures displayed in that for quite a while.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Adimus Prime » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:31 am

Thank you for sharing this. I finally found an Allicon today at Aldi.
Unicron was born down the street from me. No joke.
Adimus Prime
Minibot

Postby sol magnus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:33 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Aldi is indeed the ticket. I just got the entire wave minus Airwave (because I was never getting Airwave).
'Til All Are One.

We got people around here talking about the left and 1984 like this didn't happen:

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." - Individual-1

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

‘ “We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”’ George Orwell, 1984
sol magnus
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Rodimus Knight » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am

I got my wave 2 online but now that I think about it, I've never seen any wave 2 figures in stores.
Rodimus Knight
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
sol magnus wrote:Aldi is indeed the ticket. I just got the entire wave minus Airwave (because I was never getting Airwave).

By contrast, Airwave is the only one from that wave I got (and wanted). By the way, I am a bit curious, why is this news so hot? Hasn't wave 2 been found for over a month now?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Admin
News Credits: 3003
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:58 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
william-james88 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Aldi is indeed the ticket. I just got the entire wave minus Airwave (because I was never getting Airwave).

By contrast, Airwave is the only one from that wave I got (and wanted). By the way, I am a bit curious, why is this news so hot? Hasn't wave 2 been found for over a month now?

In my area, they are few and far in between. I found an Arcee and an Airwave in a month's time. I also found a Smokescreen box with an old insecticon figure in it.

I know people hate scalpers, but I hate cheaters far more.
'Til All Are One.

We got people around here talking about the left and 1984 like this didn't happen:

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening." - Individual-1

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

‘ “We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it.”’ George Orwell, 1984
sol magnus
Brainmaster

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:52 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:

In so far as I have seen wave 2 has largely not shown up anywhere in the US in any meaningful way until now I guess
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

In so far as I have seen wave 2 has largely not shown up anywhere in the US in any meaningful way until now I guess

I've seen them in the Chicago area for about a month and a half now, but they were a really slow trickle until the last 2 weeks.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
News Credits: 31
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:32 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just a thought, the easiest way to get new stock is to clear the old stock off shelves. With the holidays around the corner, I know there are toy drives like Toys for Tots that really need donations this year.
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 248
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Slashercon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Just a thought, the easiest way to get new stock is to clear the old stock off shelves. With the holidays around the corner, I know there are toy drives like Toys for Tots that really need donations this year.

I've been doing exactly this at my local Walgreens. Bought the last POTP Wreck-Gar almost a year ago and right after that Siege Ratchet popped up.
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 6

Postby Emerje » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:59 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:

Only wave 2 I've seen in stores is Snapdragon and Doubledealer. There are no Aldis in Maine (even though there are 8 in New Hampshire :roll: ) so that doesn't exactly help. Not that I need the help, I have all of wave 2 and most of wave 3 from Target.com, but I feel bad for other local collectors.

And Bluestreak continues to not be in my area. Checked two Walgreens Friday and still haven't found anything. One of the two removed their section for Marvel exclusives already (never saw anything on those pegs either) so I'm probably SOL finding these in person and will have to ask for help like I did last year.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 148
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:03 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 248
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Speed: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:51 am

Motto: "No retreat, no surrender!"
I missed out on preordering Runabout on Target.com so hopefully he'll show up in stores in abundance. Same with Thrust.
.With the left in control, prepare for Orwell's 1984.
.Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
News Credits: 20

Postby Nuclearxpotato » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:56 am

Motto: "Accessories Sold Separately!"
Rodimus Prime wrote:I missed out on preordering Runabout on Target.com so hopefully he'll show up in stores in abundance. Same with Thrust.

Don't worry, even if you did get to preorder in time, Target may have just lied to you and not made the preorder anyways.

I'm really hoping Kingdom doesn't have as many exclusives because I'm just... sick of it. After Amazon and now Target, exclusives have become even more of a hassle than before. Ironically the exclusive that gave me the least trouble was Bluestreak.
Till All Are One
Nuclearxpotato
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Garbage Truck

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Rodimus Prime wrote:I missed out on preordering Runabout on Target.com so hopefully he'll show up in stores in abundance. Same with Thrust.

I saw some TFW users have already found Runabouts in brick-and-mortar locations in supply comparable to that of SS Leadfoot, but Target is being Target and enforcing the fact that he's apparently street-dated for December 1st.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Pretender
News Credits: 16
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby aronjlove » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 am

Just like I posted some other thread, how can Walmart and Target **** up regularly what BBTS and Entertainment Earth seem to have no problem with. While they may get delayed, I have not heard of any independent stores straight canceling orders like Walmart and Target. These national chains have either poopy inventory systems or poopy people running those systems. And as long as Hasbro keeps giving them poop, this will continue to happen.

Edit: Lmao at the profanity filter :lol:
aronjlove
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 13

Postby King Kuuga » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
After scouring every Walgreens near me (and not so near me) on a broken toe for several weeks, I checked one by my local Kroger after a routine grocery run yesterday. I've checked here several times because, again, it's right there, with no luck, but my fortunes changed today and they had two Bluestreaks in stock, so I got one for me and one as a gift for a friend. Now I can never go into Walgreens again until we find out next year's exclusive. And at last after.... I dunno, maybe a month, my Datsuns are complete. (Except I need to replace Smokescreen because he has two left hands and some paint scratches). I also swapped Prowl's head with the Siege mold. The peg is larger and should probably be shaved a tad but it fits. (The reverse, not so much)

Anyway here they all are!
PXL_20201121_011223279.jpg
PXL_20201121_025618003.jpg
PXL_20201121_030747792.jpg
PXL_20201121_085025287.jpg

I call this one "Nissan's Angels"
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6

Postby sol magnus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:03 pm

King Kuuga wrote:After scouring every Walgreens near me (and not so near me) on a broken toe for several weeks, I checked one by my local Kroger after a routine grocery run yesterday. I've checked here several times because, again, it's right there, with no luck, but my fortunes changed today and they had two Bluestreaks in stock, so I got one for me and one as a gift for a friend. Now I can never go into Walgreens again until we find out next year's exclusive. And at last after.... I dunno, maybe a month, my Datsuns are complete. (Except I need to replace Smokescreen because he has two left hands and some paint scratches). I also swapped Prowl's head with the Siege mold. The peg is larger and should probably be shaved a tad but it fits. (The reverse, not so much)

Anyway here they all are!
PXL_20201121_011223279.jpg
PXL_20201121_025618003.jpg
PXL_20201121_030747792.jpg
PXL_20201121_085025287.jpg

I call this one "Nissan's Angels"

Glad everyone is getting their Bluestreaks and swapping that Prowl head (as I did and showed last month). It just looks correct.
'Til All Are One.

sol magnus
Brainmaster

Postby o.supreme » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:11 pm

william-james88 wrote:

Same here. But I think Wave 2 is just now hitting saturation in some parts of the US despite first being sighted a few weeks ago. Aldi, while only accessible to a small group seems to be a guarantee as opposed to Walmart which is only a possible chance of finding them even now.

Unfortunately in California as big as we are, all we have is Walmart or Target, no smaller retailers that occasionally carry new toys. I've seen wave 2 at both chains now, btu it's only been n the last couple of weeks. I already have Fasttrack from Amazon (the only wave 3 deluxe I wanted), so I have no idea when wave 3 will show up in my area, despite it showing up in some other places already.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Faction Commander

Postby King Kuuga » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Made it to an Aldi close to me and after looking all over the store (which is not very big) I found them near the front with the Christmas stuff, directly across from some underwear. What a strange store. Food prices are legit, though, I should come here more often.

Anyway I nabbed two more Alicons, bringing me to 3, and a replacement for my southpaw Smokescreen. I think I'm good on Earthrise until wave 3 shows up.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Knock Out Deluxe Action Figure FACTORY NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl Nearly Complete 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Barricade Complete" on EBAY