Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Whifflefire » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Motto: ""From Primus Every Help""
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I finally acquired a Quintesson Judge, ordered from Seibertron's very own eBay store! It's out of stock everywhere, and I haven't seen it in stores, so I was glad to find it for a reasonable price from a familiar source. I normally wouldn't get something for myself so close to Christmas, but I figured it was safer to get this one myself rather than expect someone else to try to find it for me.

I had no problem with the some-assembly-required part of the figure, the disconnected faces were attached pretty easily. I have had no trouble with their stability since putting them on. The gun also attaches to the ports on the tentacles very securely. All of the (admittedly few) joints feel very secure, except the hole underneath the levitation beam is not quite deep enough for the peg on the chair to hold it without some wobble.

I know the alt-mode for this figure is one of the most maligned parts of the entire toyline, but it had to transform into something, didn't it. Given what there was to work with, I think they put in a decent effort in getting it to at least contribute to the line's play pattern with that base mode - looking thing. It certainly has play value, at the very least.

The only thing that does bother me about the figure is that the hat piece is only held in place by gravity. While in robot mode it is somewhat secured by friction, in alt-mode it is really just hanging there on the chins of the upside down faces. Unless I'm missing something, that is an odd design choice.

Ultimately, it's great to have an official representation of one of the franchises most notable non-Cybertronian characters. I can't really knock it too much since it's the only attempt at a Quintesson toy since Energon's Alpha Q, and the only proper Judge figure. Some may dilike it for being a glorified egg with too many faces, but I think it does all it needs to and more to bring the classic trial scene to life for the first time. I don't have the Allicon yet, but in the meantime it looks great with Cyberverse Gnaw.

20201215_194215.jpg

20201215_194457.jpg

20201215_200245.jpg

20201215_194831.jpg
Help!

20201215_195424.jpg
Keep your tentacles off of my therapist!
Whifflefire
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Triplechanger_Jet and Car
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:43 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
Yeah, his altmode is comparable to the ROTF Voyager The Fallen's. And it has its uses.

Speaking of ROTF... Don't let him near movieverse Optimus.
WANT:
Cybertron Galvatron, with both backpack halves and the claw weapon, at a price not to exceed $42 total

It's funny how many people seem to believe that the less conservative party is going to make the country into (more of) a fascist surveillance state. Especially since the news services claiming this simultaneously claim the left will turn the country into an anarchistic hippy land with no social and moral controls.
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:40 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
So, it's official, sandstorm - a figure set for release in February is gonna be in my hands today, before thrust - a figure set release on the first of December, thanks hasbro, honestly, I wanted sandstorm more, I just wanted to experience the conehead mold without going in on the two pack and thought thrust would be a good way to do that cuz he looked sick too
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:59 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:So, it's official, sandstorm - a figure set for release in February is gonna be in my hands today, before thrust - a figure set release on the first of December, thanks hasbro, honestly, I wanted sandstorm more, I just wanted to experience the conehead mold without going in on the two pack and thought thrust would be a good way to do that cuz he looked sick too

How do we know this all Hasbro's fault and not Target's?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 3080
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:12 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:So, it's official, sandstorm - a figure set for release in February is gonna be in my hands today, before thrust - a figure set release on the first of December, thanks hasbro, honestly, I wanted sandstorm more, I just wanted to experience the conehead mold without going in on the two pack and thought thrust would be a good way to do that cuz he looked sick too

Well the fact that they put some on shelves in stores already while the pre-orders for everyone have been pushed to December 29th tells you they had to screw something up on their end.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
News Credits: 33
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
william-james88 wrote:

cuz hasbro provides the product, if pre-orders are being pushed back, not enough product was supplied - it'd be different if thrust was on the shelves of every target and the pre-orders were being pushed back, but he's no where to be seen in most of the country, but he's not;

target needs product to fulfill their pre-orders plus stock most of their stores - most retailers don't normally whiff on getting product they paid to make exclusive, they likely have a large outstanding order for him
*Click the pic below to see my Lego Transformers*
(Updated 3/10/17)
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.
william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm still waiting for a Quintesson to arrive in my neck of the woods in Canada. I'm still patient. It takes forever for something to arrive.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

New Video Review of Transformers Earthrise Autobot Alliance and Paradron Medics Sets

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:04 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, and regular YouTube toy reviewer, Chuckdawg1999, has let us know that he's reviewed two of the many Amazon Exclusives for the Earthrise line, Autobot Alliance and the Paradron Medics sets!

The Autobot Alliance set includes Deluxe Class Earth mode Ironhide and Earthmode Prowl. Prowl is a redeco of Earthrise Deluxe Class Smokescreen, while Ironhide is a retooled version of his Siege mode, adding a big shield to done as his van roof. The Paradron Medics set is part of the Galactic Odyssey series of Amazom Exclusives, and features Deluxe Class Ratchet and Lifeline. Ratchet is a redeco of Earth mode Ironhide with a new head. Lifeline is a straight redeco of Earthrise Deluxe Class Arcee. Lifeline is not part of the review below, which focuses on Ironhide, Prowl and Ratchet.

Check what Chuck has to say:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Finally! After having the date pushed up, then back, then who knows when you're getting it, Amazon delivered my Autobot Alliance set. Having gotten the Galaxy Odyssey Paradron Medic set a week prior were able to compare and enjoy the Nissan van family of Ironhide and Ratchet, out of order. Having been able to enjoy the Earthrise Datsun brothers car mold twice already Prowl feels a little flat, but I was surprised at how tight everything came together. This was supposed to be our first experience with the mold after all. Good luck getting the sets if you're trying, don't give in, and don't pay the mark-up prices.

We have embedded his review below for your convenience:

What do you think about these figures? Were you lucky enough to avoid delays in getting them? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 983

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:32 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Now that I have obtained Spinout and Cordon, here are the Siege/Earthrise/Selects/Amazon lambros all together

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1542
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
With that many different versions the Lambros make for great "Autotrooper-like" army fillers for the Autobots.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 5

Postby balgorra » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:05 am

Anyone know if Scorponok is due for a restock? I can't find him anywhere in stock for a decent price.
balgorra
Micromaster

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:37 am

I always see the Titans later on. I passed on Scorpy when I first saw him knowing I'd see him again. Just like every other titan.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:39 am

If there is enough demand, I would expect him to potentially be re-released some time in 2021 like Omega Supreme was this year.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
News Credits: 33
Speed: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Starseeker » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, feast your eyes on your new leader!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Battlecharged and ready!
Attachments
20201218_132553.jpg
Starseeker
Minibot
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby william-james88 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 pm

balgorra wrote:Anyone know if Scorponok is due for a restock? I can't find him anywhere in stock for a decent price.

We don't know.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:10 pm

Got Ratchet and Lifeline again.

I'm actually happier with Lifeline than I am Arcee. Maybe I like the color blue more than pink. But I think it owes more to her status as a small army builder. I have the club's figure, but this adds and doesn't replace it. To me it's fine that they're a bit different as long as they share the same look.

It almost makes me want to track down another Paradon medic figure. The 3rd Party figure Delicate Warrior had a recolor like that.

Almost. But not really. There's other things I want.

Ratchet is more successful than Ironhide. Mainly because his shoulders are white so they blend in vehicle mode better. Still in need of new feet, though.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Got Ratchet and Lifeline again.

I'm actually happier with Lifeline than I am Arcee. Maybe I like the color blue more than pink. But I think it owes more to her status as a small army builder. I have the club's figure, but this adds and doesn't replace it. To me it's fine that they're a bit different as long as they share the same look.

It almost makes me want to track down another Paradon medic figure. The 3rd Party figure Delicate Warrior had a recolor like that.

Almost. But not really. There's other things I want.

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get a non-defective set this time. :)

I know what you mean about army building the Paradron Medic too. That's what I decided to do, and why I had extra Ratchet figures to offer. The TFCC Lifeline figure is the leader of that "nursing" unit, and the Lifeline figures from the Galactic Odyssey collection are her generic "troops."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
City Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2

Postby Emerje » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:50 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I always see the Titans later on. I passed on Scorpy when I first saw him knowing I'd see him again. Just like every other titan.

Problem is there's usually a heavy restock every year in time for Black Friday, it even happened with Omega Supreme last year when it looked like he was becoming scarce. That didn't happen this year, very few stores, if any, got a substantial restock past their first supply. Stock could be, perhaps even is likely, held up in shipping thanks to COVID, but I doubt they're doing a second run any time soon, that would have to wait for after they've finished making enough Arks for Kingdom.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 151
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 am

Emerje wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I always see the Titans later on. I passed on Scorpy when I first saw him knowing I'd see him again. Just like every other titan.

Problem is there's usually a heavy restock every year in time for Black Friday, it even happened with Omega Supreme last year when it looked like he was becoming scarce. That didn't happen this year, very few stores, if any, got a substantial restock past their first supply. Stock could be, perhaps even is likely, held up in shipping thanks to COVID, but I doubt they're doing a second run any time soon, that would have to wait for after they've finished making enough Arks for Kingdom.

Emerje

I live in Canada and I've only seen Scorpy in ONE place near me. Haven't seen a Quintesson. Just saw Waves 2 and 3 of ER this month. Things get here slooooooowwwwwwwwwly.

I panicked when Hotlink became scarce elsewhere only to see him shelfwarm. Ditto Skywarp and Thundercracker. Netflix Soundwave is the only one I think I may miss in-person because of extremely high demand.

So I tend to think there'll be more made available somewhere at some time.

I'll wait to hit that panic button until it's well past Scorpy's time.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander

Postby william-james88 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:58 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote: WilliamJames, what do you think of Earthrise Arcee, now that you bought one on deep discount?

Thanks for asking but I have yet to open it. Still unsure. My first handling of the mold might be Elita 1.

Ok so I handled Elita 1 today and Well... this is the worst deluxe mold I handled within both generations trilogies so far. And no contest on that. The concept of it sucks but what I hate most is that it's not even a clean or intuitive transformation, even with instructions. It's just fit the **** in so that it looks ok in vehicle mode.

And Elita is worse than Arcee since her shoulders make it that articulation is hindered. On a TF toy where the robot mode is valued above all else (and even then I think that mini back pack looks wrong on arcee), making an amateurish mistake like that is inexcusable.

Worst toy of the year. (That's gonna be a category on this year's end of year list)

In any case, I wish you all the best Jake! Have yourself a merry little christmas and make the yuletide gay.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:19 am

-Edward Hoagland"
william-james88 wrote:Ok so I handled Elita 1 today and Well... this is the worst deluxe mold I handled within both generations trilogies so far. And no contest on that. The concept of it sucks but what I hate most is that it's not even a clean or intuitive transformation, even with instructions. It's just fit the **** in so that it looks ok in vehicle mode.

And Elita is worse than Arcee since her shoulders make it that articulation is hindered. On a TF toy where the robot mode is valued above all else (and even then I think that mini back pack looks wrong on arcee), making an amateurish mistake like that is inexcusable.

Worst toy of the year. (That's gonna be a category on this year's end of year list)

In any case, I wish you all the best Jake! Have yourself a merry little christmas and make the yuletide gay.

Earthrise Arcee is definitely the worst Generations mold of the year. I don't collect any of the other lines right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Earthrise Arcee is the worst Transformer of 2020, period. What's sad is that I have ALL THREE releases of this mold so far: Earthrise Arcee, Netflix Elita One, and the Galactic Odyssey Paradron Medics. Even when there are no QC issues mucking things up (like with my Earthrise Arcee), the mold is just a fail. The plastic of the alt mode feels very thin. The tolerances are terrible. Pieces get in each others' way all the time. Nothing snaps in very securely. Getting the entire robot sufficiently smooshed up into the car shell is almost impossible if you want the car to actually roll on its wheels. It's difficult to get the figure to stand and not fall over at the ankles, even with the backpack removed. There is almost NOTHING about the new Earthrise Arcee figure that is superior to the Thrilling 30 mold. I think they should just reissue the Thrilling 30 mold of Arcee for a Studio Series release or something with a premium, screen accurate paint job (like the Takara Tomy Legends version).
Wolfman Jake
City Commander

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:22 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I wonder why the ball was dropped so hard with her :-? Its not like they haven't done a good Arcee at the scale before.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 983

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:21 pm

-Edward Hoagland"
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder why the ball was dropped so hard with her :-? Its not like they haven't done a good Arcee at the scale before.

That's the million dollar question. I read recently on these boards that Hasbro and Takara Tomy might have tried to use some of the "Arcee Prime" engineering that was developed should she have won the Power of the Primes fan poll for the next Prime. That's just an anecdote without proper citation, though.

The real head scratcher now is why they would bother to re-release Earthrise Arcee in Kingdom. If they wanted to reissue another Deluxe sized character to fill out the Kingdom line, why not include something like Red Alert with English tampographs instead of Cybertronian ones for "FD" and "Fire Chief" on his alt mode. They wouldn't even have to alter the plastic colors or paint mask, except for the tampographs. Doesn't sound complicated to me, and it would pretty much fix the ONLY thing that makes it harder for Siege Red Alert to pass as having an "Earth Mode" than the likes of Sideswipe or Tigertrack, who don't really need a remold or repaint to look at home on the shelf with the rest of the War for Cybertron Earthrise cast in either robot or vehicle mode.
Wolfman Jake
City Commander

Postby ShadowBlaze » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:32 pm

I know the Earthrise Arcee mold is objectively a bad Transformer toy, but darn it if it hasn't grown on me. I don't like the parts-forming employed in this line, and I was really disappointed that HasTak cheaped out and didn't paint her backside. By the time the first reviews were slipping out, I was prepared to be utterly disappointed with her.

And then I got her in-hand.

Maybe I can be more forgiving because mine didn't have any QC issues. I hate transformations that involve a lot of limb origami, but it only took me a couple of tries to figure out precisely how everything needed to be placed for her conversion. Even with the stiff ankle-rockers, I found her relatively easy to pose and balance...thanks to those hideous but highly functional heels. Even the giant backpack doesn't bother me as much as I expected, since keeping the back half of the car attached obscures the weird silhouette created by the folding front fenders. In terms of engineering, it's a huge step back from Thrilling 30...and yet I feel like the result is a better proportioned robot. She doesn't top Titans Return Arcee for me, but I do prefer her to Cyberverse, and I think she does a better job than Thrilling 30 at conveying feminine robot as opposed to human female cosplaying as robot.

I also have Lifeline and Elita-1. In terms of paint and colour layout, I think Elita-1 looks the nicest, but I agree that the clearance issue created by her unique shoulder pieces makes her the most problematic of the three to transform. Still, I don't dislike her, and I prefer this to her obscenely stickered and bulked up POTP toy.

Strangely, I think my least-favourite Earthrise purchase is Fasttrack. I don't like the way his guns are designed to attach or how that limits placement options in robot mode. Of course Black Roritchi has the same issue, but at least his colours are a bit more interesting.
ShadowBlaze
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
Twincast / Podcast #274:
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS SKRAPNEL legends Class Power of the Primes GENERATIONS  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise 2014 Megatronus Toys R Us Exclusive New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Elita-One Action Figure - F0703" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Autobot Beachcomber 1985 (Hippie Autobot)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Combat Megatron 2018 Hasbro New Sealed Retired" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS POWER OF THE PRIMES HASBRO 2017 PRIME MASTER MICRONUS PRIME LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Insecticons Kickback Bombshell Skrapnel" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY