Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:07 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder why the ball was dropped so hard with her :-? Its not like they haven't done a good Arcee at the scale before.

I think they tried to do a robot mode 1st thing where they really nail the robot mode by making her a shellformer.

Of course that was foiled by the absence of paint. If she had a real premium paint job I could appreciate the effort more.

I can't say why they didn't just reissue the old one. Maybe they wanted to tie it into the gimmick more? Or maybe it's a movie anniversary thing where they decided to go all-out and give new molds for everyone.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby LinaNui » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Motto: "I don't do what I am told, I do what I am paid to finish"
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Wolfman Jake wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder why the ball was dropped so hard with her :-? Its not like they haven't done a good Arcee at the scale before.

That's the million dollar question. I read recently on these boards that Hasbro and Takara Tomy might have tried to use some of the "Arcee Prime" engineering that was developed should she have won the Power of the Primes fan poll for the next Prime. That's just an anecdote without proper citation, though.

The real head scratcher now is why they would bother to re-release Earthrise Arcee in Kingdom. If they wanted to reissue another Deluxe sized character to fill out the Kingdom line, why not include something like Red Alert with English tampographs instead of Cybertronian ones for "FD" and "Fire Chief" on his alt mode. They wouldn't even have to alter the plastic colors or paint mask, except for the tampographs. Doesn't sound complicated to me, and it would pretty much fix the ONLY thing that makes it harder for Siege Red Alert to pass as having an "Earth Mode" than the likes of Sideswipe or Tigertrack, who don't really need a remold or repaint to look at home on the shelf with the rest of the War for Cybertron Earthrise cast in either robot or vehicle mode.

I think the reason that Arcee is getting a release is so that she is on shelves when the rest of the 86 movie figures are so that it is easier to complete the cast. I have no proof but it does make sense.
LinaNui
Fuzor
News Credits: 19
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
LinaNui wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

That's the million dollar question. I read recently on these boards that Hasbro and Takara Tomy might have tried to use some of the "Arcee Prime" engineering that was developed should she have won the Power of the Primes fan poll for the next Prime. That's just an anecdote without proper citation, though.

The real head scratcher now is why they would bother to re-release Earthrise Arcee in Kingdom. If they wanted to reissue another Deluxe sized character to fill out the Kingdom line, why not include something like Red Alert with English tampographs instead of Cybertronian ones for "FD" and "Fire Chief" on his alt mode. They wouldn't even have to alter the plastic colors or paint mask, except for the tampographs. Doesn't sound complicated to me, and it would pretty much fix the ONLY thing that makes it harder for Siege Red Alert to pass as having an "Earth Mode" than the likes of Sideswipe or Tigertrack, who don't really need a remold or repaint to look at home on the shelf with the rest of the War for Cybertron Earthrise cast in either robot or vehicle mode.

I think the reason that Arcee is getting a release is so that she is on shelves when the rest of the 86 movie figures are so that it is easier to complete the cast. I have no proof but it does make sense.

That's a good theory, the idea i was working with was that Hasbro might have thought she would be hard to get (scalpers etc) so by re-releasing, it gives fans plenty of chances to get her.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 983

Postby Emerje » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
ZeroWolf wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

That's a good theory, the idea i was working with was that Hasbro might have thought she would be hard to get (scalpers etc) so by re-releasing, it gives fans plenty of chances to get her.

Little did they know she'd be almost completely unavailable to most of the world. Sure would like to know where Walmart's and Target's supply of waves 2 and 3 ended up because they sure didn't make it into many stores. My local stores only got Battle Masters and Micromasters wave 1 (Target only, and only at launch with no restock), Deluxe wave 1, Voyagers wave 1 and 2, and Leader waves 1 and 2 (there was no 3). Target also got Sky Lynx, but not Scorponok and no ER exclusives. It's a good thing I bought almost everything online. The idea that Arcee was reissued to go with the movie figures from SS86 is pretty plausible, especially when you notice Leader Galvatron is going to be released around the same time as the reissued Voyager Starscream which can't be a coincidence.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 151
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:56 am

So what are we up to the 5th delay on Thrust now?
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
News Credits: 33
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:05 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So what are we up to the 5th delay on Thrust now?

I think 3rd, it was December 1-8, then the 15th, then the 28th, and now 1-5-2021 I think
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1542
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 am

I think most of my local stores are just holding on to old stock until after Christmas.

While I found waves 2-3 of ER, there's been no evidence of the voyagers and the Toys R Us just hasn't gotten him. Meanwhile they have a whole shelf full of Magnii and tons of wave 1 Siege.

I saw one Netflix Prime recently at my local Walmart. But no Neflix deluxes. Tons of Siege Barricades and Sixguns, though.

Maybe it's the same elsewhere. Just holding on to old stock until after Boxing Day.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby william-james88 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Little did they know she'd be almost completely unavailable to most of the world.

I think it's the exact opposite. Hasbro has 0 control on distribution beyond Hasbro Pulse. So, since all previous Gen arcees were either exclusive or hard to obtain at wide retail (even though t30 Arcee was available for years on BBTS at retail price), they wanted this one to e as available as possible, to the point of reissuing her in the next year. Plus it would tie into all the movie characters coming out in 2021, so 2 bird with 1 stone, ensuring that whoever wants her gets her eventually.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 3080
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby o.supreme » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:18 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:even though T30 Arcee was available for years on BBTS at retail price

You can STILL get T30 Arcee for less than retail, if you want to buy a whole wave case that is ;)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... tails/7164

On her own she is $25, which is probably what normal deluxe price will be in a couple years anyway... ;)
I enjoy asking questions, and always have. Please take no personal offense when I do. It's not about justification, is about acquiring knowledge.

I am very much interested in Four of the Botcon 2016 Customization Class toys (Medix, Shattered Glass Ratchet, G2 Ratchet, and Marvel Comic Ratchet), willing to pay fair price, PM if interested in selling.
o.supreme
Faction Commander
News Credits: 27
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Emerje » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:33 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Little did they know she'd be almost completely unavailable to most of the world.

I think it's the exact opposite. Hasbro has 0 control on distribution beyond Hasbro Pulse. So, since all previous Gen arcees were either exclusive or hard to obtain at wide retail (even though t30 Arcee was available for years on BBTS at retail price), they wanted this one to e as available as possible, to the point of reissuing her in the next year. Plus it would tie into all the movie characters coming out in 2021, so 2 bird with 1 stone, ensuring that whoever wants her gets her eventually.

How is that the exact opposite? You just reiterated the same point that LinaNui, ZeroWolf and myself made. The Kingdom reissue makes sense both from movie tie-in standpoint and an availability standpoint.

And when I was talking about supply I was talking about distribution out of store warehouses, not from Hasbro. It's no surprise that normal logistics didn't stand up to the wave of issues brought on in 2020, but Hasbro continued to make figures even if it meant cancelling plans for wave 4, and stores continued to order them to stock shelves. But for whatever reason a lot of stuff simply didn't make it into stores this year, but that product has to be somewhere. Whether stores simply couldn't get it out of their warehouses in time or they canceled their orders with Hasbro because they knew the next big thing was coming, those figures have to be sitting somewhere.

One thing I miss from the Unicron Trilogy days is when they had too many figures they would start selling 2-packs at a discount price at Christmas to clear stock. I'm sure we're going to see a lot of Earthrise stuff ending up at Ollie's next year.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

How is that the exact opposite?

Because you said: Little did they know she'd be almost completely unavailable to most of the world.

And I am saying, no they knew full well this could be the case.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 3080
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Emerje » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:40 am

william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
LinaNui wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

How is that the exact opposite?

Because you said: Little did they know she'd be almost completely unavailable to most of the world.

And I am saying, no they knew full well this could be the case.

I wasn't saying that to disagree with ZeroWolf, I was saying it was for a different reason (few stores stocking her) than what they thought (high demand) but with the same end result.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:03 am

Finally, just noticed this:

Capture.JPG

The delay is finally over! Now my only Earthrise concern is getting my hands on Thrust.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:35 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I do wonder what the issue with Thrust is, my assumption was it was supposed to hit Target the same time as Runabout/Runamuck (which ever was the target Exclusive) yet at this point, he'll be showing up with the Kingdom Voyagers.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 983

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:05 am

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
I'm hoping Scorponok gets a Pulse reissue or something
WANT:
Cybertron Galvatron, with both backpack halves and the claw weapon, at a price not to exceed $42 total

It's funny how many people seem to believe that the less conservative party is going to make the country into (more of) a fascist surveillance state. Especially since the news services claiming this simultaneously claim the left will turn the country into an anarchistic hippy land with no social and moral controls.
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:19 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
ZeroWolf wrote:I do wonder what the issue with Thrust is, my assumption was it was supposed to hit Target the same time as Runabout/Runamuck (which ever was the target Exclusive) yet at this point, he'll be showing up with the Kingdom Voyagers.

Like I think was brought up earlier in this thread, maybe a container of Thrusts were lost in that shipping container loss a few weeks back, and as a result only a very limited stock has made it out.

I did learn today that one of the containers held a bunch of Figuarts figures that were due this month, including the "I am Iron Man" version of the MK85 I had preordered, and who knows how that will affect that release. Thrust could be a similar thing.

Also noticing on social media that A LOT of people have the "order update" email going to their junk mail or something, because I've noticed in the past week at least 10 Twitter mutuals and several Facebook members of different groups have had their Thrusts outright cancelled when they went to their order to see if it had shipped.

But at the same time, a friend ordered 3 Thrusts and 1 shipped out last Friday, so there's that wrinkle too.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1542
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:54 am

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I'm hoping Scorponok gets a Pulse reissue or something

I think there is a pretty reasonable chance of that happening in the middle of next year, just like Omega Supreme got a re-issue this year.
TF-fan kev777
Gestalt
News Credits: 33
Strength: 7
Courage: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Just opened up my Airwave, Allicon, and Sky Lynx for Christmas, and I have to say, all three are amazing. Sky Lynx is probably my favorite just due to the fact that he's a shuttle dragon, but Allicon is a close second despite the visible arms in beast mode. Airwave's pretty good too, but I wish his eyes were either more vibrant or light piped
Sentinel_Primal
Headmaster
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2

Postby Emerje » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:52 pm

Sentinel_Primal wrote:Just opened up my Airwave, Allicon, and Sky Lynx for Christmas, and I have to say, all three are amazing. Sky Lynx is probably my favorite just due to the fact that he's a shuttle dragon, but Allicon is a close second despite the visible arms in beast mode. Airwave's pretty good too, but I wish his eyes were either more vibrant or light piped

You know, until you mentioned it I didn't even realize he has eyes, I thought he was a mono eye like Shockwave and Whirl. Makes me wonder if at some point the design team decided to paint the empty space where eyes would normally be instead of the obvious round lens in the middle of his face.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Motto: "Why are Beast Hunters Ultimate/Dragon Attack Optimus' sword and shield so hard to find?"
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I'm hoping Scorponok gets a Pulse reissue or something

I think there is a pretty reasonable chance of that happening in the middle of next year, just like Omega Supreme got a re-issue this year.
I really frakking hope so, because right now all the Scorponoks not in the hands of legit consumers are in scalper hoards.
WANT:
Cybertron Galvatron, with both backpack halves and the claw weapon, at a price not to exceed $42 total

It's funny how many people seem to believe that the less conservative party is going to make the country into (more of) a fascist surveillance state. Especially since the news services claiming this simultaneously claim the left will turn the country into an anarchistic hippy land with no social and moral controls.
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Faction Commander
Alt Mode: someone who doesnt suck

Postby bacem » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:28 am

Emerje wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Just opened up my Airwave, Allicon, and Sky Lynx for Christmas, and I have to say, all three are amazing. Sky Lynx is probably my favorite just due to the fact that he's a shuttle dragon, but Allicon is a close second despite the visible arms in beast mode. Airwave's pretty good too, but I wish his eyes were either more vibrant or light piped

You know, until you mentioned it I didn't even realize he has eyes, I thought he was a mono eye like Shockwave and Whirl. Makes me wonder if at some point the design team decided to paint the empty space where eyes would normally be instead of the obvious round lens in the middle of his face.

Emerje

....he's not a monoeye?
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby Emerje » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:02 am

bacem wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

....he's not a monoeye?

Right? He certainly looks like one, but when you look closer you can see that they painted in his red eyes on each side so I guess he has a big round nose? I'm going to continue seeing him as a mono eye, I'm guessing they were trying to set him apart from Hot House who does have the lens painted in.
airrade.JPG
airrade.JPG (28.05 KiB) Viewed 7117 times

Now that I think about it it reminds me of (but the opposite) the mysterious Frenzy reissue we got that was painted up as a mono eye for no obvious reason.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby alekese » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Having opened up the astro patrol as part of clearing my pile of loot for christmas, I decided to make a mockup of the upcoming botropolis set, trying to create a crawler and launch tower setup. (Didn't bother digging out the battle patrol because it didn't affect the connections.)
20201226_130950.jpg
20201226_131031.jpg
The crawler is actually surprisingly stable when held so long as you keep it level. Probably going to headcanon the names of the botropolis set as new characters Launchpad (Airwave) and Gantry (Ironworks) for the modulators, Moonrock and Missile Master for the battle patrol retool, and Storm Jet and Raker for the astro patrol, after the original inspiration for the deco and the other use of said mold.
alekese
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:50 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
That's really well done, especially Ironworks! :APPLAUSE:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Stunticon limbs (Drag Strip, Dead End, Breakdown, Brake-Neck, Offroad or TFCC Grabuge) + Blackjack
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6

Postby M. Spector » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:26 am

Motto: "Fear the old blood"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Found wave 3 last night at one of my local meijer! Only picked up Runamuck and Fasttrack, both are really quiet nice. I love how on Fasttracks box art you can see a gigantic Airwave standing in a forest! Really gives credence to the fact the baseforemrs are supposed to be HUGE in cannon.
As for Runamuck, gosh dang is that vehicle mode snazzy looking. It's a lil bit panel-y but I think the Runabout repaint fixes some of that yeah? Transformation is nice too, seemingly simple but very satisfying and interesting to do. If Sunstreaker came with a proper gun I'd probably have picked him up too >:oP
M. Spector
Minibot
Alt Mode: B-17 Flying Fortress
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Courage: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
Twincast / Podcast #274:
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers G1 Autobot Beachcomber 1985 (Hippie Autobot)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Combat Megatron 2018 Hasbro New Sealed Retired" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Impactor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers (G1) 1985 Constructicons Scrapper Small Black Gun Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Thunderhowl" on EBAY
Buy "BATTLETRAP - BATTLESLASH & ROADTRAP Transformers Generations Power of the Primes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 31 Voyager Class Movie 2 Battle Damaged Megatron New" on EBAY