Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby ScottyP » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that can only mean one thing for us Transformers fans - irresponsible spending on entirely too many Transformers toys! Join Scotty P as he catches up with Cobotron, xRotorstormx and Jon3.0 to discuss all the latest and their most anticipated discounted leftovers from our favorite retailers.

Episode #235 “Pre-Holidaze” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

First up, ScottyP shares his thoughts on the new art book from Jim Sorenson called Transformers: A Visual History.
Image


Choo-choo! All aboard the rumor train as the crew discusses some potential Earthrise figures that could be on the horizon.
Image


The final Siege blacklight code has revealed a map of Cybertron, but from the looks of it, we might as well just call it planet Norelco.
Image


Continuing on with the discussion of marketing material, the crew discusses what other fun stuff they would like to see make a comeback.
Image


Next up, we dive into some ancient Chinese mythology to figure out what this is all about?
Image


Black Friday is fast approaching which means our shopping lists are getting slightly longer.
Image


Storytime with Grandreams Generation 2 Annual has us ready to user in Generation 11 before another round of bragging rights closes out this episode.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.|
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5069
News Credits: 506
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby Nemesis Primal » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Great episode as always!

I'm surprised that Cybertron map was brought up and NO ONE mentioned the suspicious Unicron Launch Site at all.

I can offer a bit of insight regarding the Chinese mythology guys, as I've played Smite read Wikipedia been interested in old mythologies: These guys aren't based on Journey to the West and Monkey/Sun Wukong at all, these are actually based on characters from a different Chinese novel written during the same time period called The Investiture of the Gods. The character of Ne Zha actually then reappeared in Journey to the West as a supporting character who fought and then later helped Sun Wukong. Apparently there was an animated movie adaptation of that story released in China this year called Ne Zha, so these probably have something to do with that.

Whoever said they were looking for a sale on Galaxy Upgrade Prime, he's currently $38 bucks on Amazon, which is what happened to Shockwave before he dropped to Voyager price. I'm currently watching in hopes the same thing happens to Magnus.

I know I'm in the minority in that I like the battle damage on some figures and am indifferent towards it on the others, but I actually like what they did with it on Apeface. Since the majority of it is on his legs, it ends up on his belly in ape mode, which makes me then see it as him having a scarred underbelly from having been in many fights. To me that adds a bit of character to him.

Also can we get Jon Quintesson to be a character in Cyberverse or something, like Steve the Vehicon? I think that would be kinda hilarious.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
User avatar
Nemesis Primal
Combiner
Posts: 441
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby Cobotron » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Nemesis Primal wrote:I can offer a bit of insight regarding the Chinese mythology guys, as I've played Smite read Wikipedia been interested in old mythologies: These guys aren't based on Journey to the West and Monkey/Sun Wukong at all, these are actually based on characters from a different Chinese novel written during the same time period called The Investiture of the Gods. The character of Ne Zha actually then reappeared in Journey to the West as a supporting character who fought and then later helped Sun Wukong. Apparently there was an animated movie adaptation of that story released in China this year called Ne Zha, so these probably have something to do with that.
WOW! Awesome! Thanks for schooling us on that. Interesting that the 2 myths overlap in some way.

Nemesis Primal wrote:Whoever said they were looking for a sale on Galaxy Upgrade Prime, he's currently $38 bucks on Amazon, which is what happened to Shockwave before he dropped to Voyager price. I'm currently watching in hopes the same thing happens to Magnus.
That was me! Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it too. ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 10029
News Credits: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby Flashwave » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Cobotron wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:I can offer a bit of insight regarding the Chinese mythology guys, as I've played Smite read Wikipedia been interested in old mythologies: These guys aren't based on Journey to the West and Monkey/Sun Wukong at all, these are actually based on characters from a different Chinese novel written during the same time period called The Investiture of the Gods. The character of Ne Zha actually then reappeared in Journey to the West as a supporting character who fought and then later helped Sun Wukong. Apparently there was an animated movie adaptation of that story released in China this year called Ne Zha, so these probably have something to do with that.
WOW! Awesome! Thanks for schooling us on that. Interesting that the 2 myths overlap in some way.

Nemesis Primal wrote:Whoever said they were looking for a sale on Galaxy Upgrade Prime, he's currently $38 bucks on Amazon, which is what happened to Shockwave before he dropped to Voyager price. I'm currently watching in hopes the same thing happens to Magnus.
That was me! Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it too. ;)^

I paid 32 for Galxy Prime when Target had them on a 5 dollar discount plus the 25% coupon. No regrets. It IS a fun toy
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3202
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby Flashwave » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:05 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
FyI, Amazon has the Regular Edition of the Book on sale for 39.99 and the LE is marked down to 67.01. I just ordered a copy, because my luck is that the sale will end before people shop for me or they will sell out. The extra prints were tempting but I just went with the regular copy.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3202
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby ScottyP » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:44 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Nemesis Primal wrote:Great episode as always!

I'm surprised that Cybertron map was brought up and NO ONE mentioned the suspicious Unicron Launch Site at all.
I'd made a mental note to bring it up but not an actual written or typed one, so when the conversation went elsewhere it totally slipped my mind. Definitely a fascinating detail - if they do anything with it!
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5069
News Credits: 506
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby Flashwave » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
ScottyP wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Great episode as always!

I'm surprised that Cybertron map was brought up and NO ONE mentioned the suspicious Unicron Launch Site at all.
I'd made a mental note to bring it up but not an actual written or typed one, so when the conversation went elsewhere it totally slipped my mind. Definitely a fascinating detail - if they do anything with it!


"I would calculate the theoretical probability of Hasbro acting on that particular component of the larger proposed but heretofore measurably underutilized storyline as being less than 0.00375%" /Perceptor
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3202
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Commander Class Tidalwave, accept no substitutes.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 11255
News Credits: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby ScottyP » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Counterpunch wrote:Commander Class Tidalwave, accept no substitutes.
I would accept a Titan instead, but Commander's definitely more realistic.
User avatar
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5069
News Credits: 506
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #235 "Pre-Holidaze"

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
ScottyP wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Commander Class Tidalwave, accept no substitutes.
I would accept a Titan instead, but Commander's definitely more realistic.

Yep, what Scotty said.

Good show guys, i enjoyed it! need to listen again, I had some comments from last week and forgot them when I finally remembered the thread
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 17080
News Credits: 1425
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8


Return to Transformers General Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
Twincast / Podcast #236:
"Tangled Web"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS - BISK Robots in Disguise Legion Toy HASBRO Figure Legend Bot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Ultra Class Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "transformers robots in disguise grimlock near complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Motorcycle Lot chromia arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise SANDSTING Rid 2015 Legion Scorpion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary IDW Autobot Chromia NEW MISC" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Strafe Figure" on EBAY