This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #238 "The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #238 "The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:15 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Ring in the new year and shake off that celebratory hangover with 2020's first episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast. Host Scotty P and regular Twincast pal Cobotron welcome guests WilliamJames88 and CaryTheOne to take a journey into the future. Daring 2020 predictions and looks at the latest Transformers toys all await your ears as we leap through to the future, dash to the past and meander back to the present.

Episode #238 “The Podcast That Leapt Through Time” is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

Here's what we talk about in the episode:

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #238 "The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
oh man, Cary, Cobs, and Will all in 1 go?

This should be fun. Though I can already see I will certainly disagree with almost everything that will be said about the SS deluxes
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
This Mamoru Hosoda fan approves of the podcast title.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 228
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:44 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Just started listening, but not very far in.

As far as past predictions, the ones that stand out were early speculation (before MP-10) that Takara would never do MP Seekers. Some early comic predictions.

I'll be honest, when listening to the old casts, I kinda skip around and only listen to the MP, 3rd Party, and comic discussions. I'm just starting to get to the casts where you joined, Scotty.

I was quite shocked to discover as well, that Jon3.0 and Seibs were not big fans of MTMTE.

Also, thanks for answering my accent question! That was what I assumed, but it just struck me when listening to the early casts how strong his accent was. I have deep roots in the south, with lots of family that have moved up here, and they all lost the accent over the years as well.

Welcome Cary! And good to hear Will again. Cobs as always, one day we need to have a beer. Scotty, you know we love you. Look forward to listening to the rest today!
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Cobotron » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:14 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Something that's been needling at me. I stated in the cast that the Classics Seeker mold doesn't have thigh swivel. I was sorta wrong sorta right. Instead of thigh swivel at the hip, they swivel at the knee. Which sorta gets the job done.

Just wanted to correct myself there before I got called out on it. :lol: :lol:

Another fun 'cast to start off the year. Really enjoyed or friend/guests joining us! ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby ScottyP » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 am

Cobotron wrote:Something that's been needling at me. I stated in the cast that the Classics Seeker mold doesn't have thigh swivel. I was sorta wrong sorta right. Instead of thigh swivel at the hip, they swivel at the knee. Which sorta gets the job done.

Just wanted to correct myself there before I got called out on it. :lol: :lol:

Another fun 'cast to start off the year. Really enjoyed or friend/guests joining us! ;)^
The knee rotation was on the tip of my tongue but the conversation moved and I lost the thought. There's a part near here where I blank on something and this was it, that was the thought I'd lost!

Emerje wrote:This Mamoru Hosoda fan approves of the podcast title.

Emerje
I couldn't quite find Bee in the "correct" leaping pose for the thumbnail/spotlight, but an attempt was made. Glad someone took note :)
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby no-one » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:52 am

Thanks again for having me, but at what point do you get used to hearing yourself speak? Brutal! :(

I had a fun time hanging and talking Transformers in real time. ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby LinaNui » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
The figure that I really want to happen is Tidalwave! I think he would be a very good choice for a Commander class figure or more crazy, have him be the titan class figure for 2021! I would buy it day one either way.

I am not a fan of Beast Wars at all, so I would not be able to get behind a line of figures of them. But, I think that Beast Machines could be a cool concept and I am actually interested in this.

I would love for the Smokescreen to be based off the Armada figure! I loved the Armada figure so much!

I am excited for Arcee since I do not have one yet, I want the Titans one but its to much $$$. I hope that she is the IDW or G1 style so that she fits in better with my wreckers team.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Cary, I have yet to actually be able to listen to my own voice. I don't really ever listen to podcasts I was on, hate my voice.

Now on to the notes from listening today. I really enjoyed this show! You had a great crew, and i got 4 stickies worth of notes for you today.

-Cobs: finishing the Powermasters is my dream! I really want those last 2 and a good doubledealer to buy

-I would choose finishing the powermasters over the targetmasters, I have more of an attachment to the powermasters now

-Cary: I want the scavengers finished too! we need Crankcase and Fulcrum, and with Rung, I really believe they can do Fulcrum

-Scotty: I would not mind a comic reboot/relaunch too, it needs it. Shame the better comic right now is on a 2 months delay.

-Also Scotty: I got that Regeneration 1 reference! I still enjoy the comic though

-Cobs: I'm sorry buddy, but I noped at G1 land. Bee is ok, but no thank you to G1 land. Unless it is in the style of the Bee movie, ark and all

-My bold prediction: Earthrise Megatron will be an Animated-esque Helicopter

-Brainstorm was my favorite too, was cool to hear all the thoughts about this

-Chromedome was Brainstorm's lawyer

-"Enjoy them a specific way" - I have had this feeling big time. I got a bit too dependent on listening to others opinions, SS Stinger being a recent example cause I had heard he wasn't very good and was fiddly, but I really really enjoy him. I need to listen to me more and what I find cool and not listen to others, others shouldn't tell me what I can like and cannot like, especially when they insult me.

-I really appreciated the fandom leaving comments as well. That had some good info. Glad to hear all of that

-MP Hound: I transform my figures a lot. they need to be able to keep up with me, and I am careful with them. I wouldn't like Hound cause he can't do that, and sadly that's why I'm moving away from the G1 MPs too. Here's hoping Raiden is good. You can't be afraid to play with your toys

-Question for you all: what are your collecting goals for 2020? 4 figures or subgroups in particular?

-Earthrise: I think Wheeljack = sunstreaker and Runamuck = Cliffjumper

-I am really hoping it is an Armada or Prime Smokescreen. Please. We have got 3 G1 Smokescreens in generations in the past 5 years

-The listings and being proof of figures coming: titan masters Primal and Toraizer would like to speak to you

-I would LOVE another Prime Arcee. That would be sweet! But what if... Energon Arcee?

-Y'all are really rough on Apeface, he is my favorite Siege voyager!

-I've not handled the classics seeker mold yet, so I look forward to some coneheads from this one

-I enjoyed the Siege seeker mold a lot more than I thought I would, Redwing was great. I feel ok with having 5 of them, namely because I got 4 figures I did not have before and my 5th was a voyager skywarp, finally. I've got a nice Seeker range/collection, with Leader CW Thundercracker and legends Skywarp, PotP Starscream, the siege seekers, and the 3 FOC Seekers.

-Bee is the best Cyberverse deluxe, and shockwave is the weakest. I'm not really into that hose, it really hinders him

-Prime's paint is fantastic, I love the blue and black

-Glad you guys got to the Bee gun storage, I was practically yelling at you to look at the tabs under the hood right by the front wheels to tab into the gun. PS: you can tab the gun into the doors in robot mode for storage

-Y'all cannot be more wrong on SS, that is all from me

-Soundwave is good, might be short, but he is nice and bulky

-New SS Bee is a brand new mold, and it is wonderful. Best one we've got I think

-Shockwave: I am super happy to have a wheelie and brains, no matter how small. It actually is kinda cool to have them in this scale too. I'm cool with them

-Scotty: any science related botbots you'd be willing to sell? I'd like some science bots!

Thanks all!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Stargrave » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:56 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
I missed the last couple episodes and loved this one. Awesome show guys ;)^ love hearing the voices of some of my fellow Seibertronians that was rad. Also loved the fun bot talk there wasn’t anything too deep or critical just a fun way to kick off the year. I love deep and critical but this was just an easy fun listen.
Thanks again everyone!
Stargrave
Godmaster
News Credits: 340
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Joyride needs a new mold to happen, yessir...and he should share that mold with Sureshot who sure as sh1t should come first.

^_^
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 7

Postby no-one » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:41 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:-Cary: I want the scavengers finished too! we need Crankcase and Fulcrum, and with Rung, I really believe they can do Fulcrum

-Question for you all: what are your collecting goals for 2020? 4 figures or subgroups in particular?

-Y'all are really rough on Apeface, he is my favorite Siege voyager!

-Y'all cannot be more wrong on SS, that is all from me

-Soundwave is good, might be short, but he is nice and bulky

-I've not handled the classics seeker mold yet, so I look forward to some coneheads from this one

-Bee is the best Cyberverse deluxe
I'll just take em in order, well my misquoted order anyway:

Spinister being so damn G1 and IDW at the same time and Rung being a thing makes me feel any character is possible at this point.

I'm trying hard to slow down my purchasing/collecting habits and only get figures that I really want or fill a gap. If I do get figures to be my new representation of a figure, I'm selling the old one off.

I've only ever said good things about Apeface Image

Can't say I've ever said much negative about the SS line, but I do think the Moto-Sisters look bad (band name, called it). The new Soundwave is awesome in my book, but I'm pretty Soundwave biased.

The classics Seeker mold is a good mold, but is starting to show it's age and feel dated. Earthrise may just be the refresh it needed. Can't say I'm excited about the prospect of three more voyager Seekers though. I'm sure I'll be getting Starscream at least :BANG_HEAD:

I haven't been "Counterpunched" into Cyberverse Bee yet ...
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:11 pm

Counterpunch wrote:Joyride needs a new mold to happen, yessir...and he should share that mold with Sureshot who sure as sh1t should come first.

^_^

I am perfectly OK with this, 2 birds, 1 stone
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Flashwave » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Its Scotty and the Young Guns!

Hey! This Podcast is fun AND educational!

My Bunny Ears would not pull in any of the NYE specials, so I missed out.

When was this recorded? Rattrap was teased by Takara and we heard about Airwave, so almost guarenteed to be same gimmick.

You could do a bomb shape from Smashdown too without his handle. Use one of the ports for a thruster burn.

C) the Deluxe Insecticons. We missed out doing Ransak and Barrage from the Kickback and Bombshell

See, BulletBike or someone would be a PERFECT candidate for the Leader Class price point. Tiny transforming figure, bigger armor.

There are some figures I wouldn't mind seeing use the bass former play pattern. I've said it before in the comment, and I will say it again until they finally make it happen but I would love to see Ironhide in his classic G1 style or like the Energon towline mold with better proportions, where the bottom half of the van that becomes the weapons platform has a ramp or the back door lays down and you can attach it to the base formers. I think that would be cool, and then rochet could do the same thing wherein you plug in his various weapons and it looks like a medical Bay where people can walk in to lay down and be worked on.

I suspect tank mode Earth Megatron is going to be what we get, like the rest of you have predicted, but I'll tell you what I want to see. What I want, is a Megatron with some kind of Howitzer anti-aircraft turret mode, again with the bass ramp attachments

I think it'd be a cold day in hell, but we could get a hubcap from that flip jumper after all we got Chase as the red readecho of Titans return Bumblebee

Airwave base goes with Overair

So how many alekons is enough for your troop building? Are you going to get 3/5 a dozen?

I like the digi bass that they use for the news article as sunstreaker from the Wheeljack molt. I could get behind that. I'm not sure I would be as fond of him and run a Muk sharing a mold, but then I'm not overly in need of a new run about and run amok anyway, because I'm very happy with the club set.

Can you guys tell I'm trying to do this with a voice type?

So I totally agree with everything you just said about smokescreen Scotty, but is it kid I love that toy I love that you had this otherwise car looking thing with a giant ass crane on top of it, and I like the robot mode. Even though it didn't have knees or any kind of really good articulation at all

Scotty, if this is prime 10th anniversary, then how do we know the upcoming smokescreen is not Prime Smokescreen? And what cyberverse RC are we getting, is this going to be one of the poseable toys that I actually want or something that's gimmick Laden?

I for one am still waiting for a good RC. As much as I like how the thrilling 30 figure captures the look from the cartoon, I don't like the proportions on that figure it's so skinny and thin compared to even other toys from the same release line. And yeah I know it's supposed to be feminine because of that, but I think it's two much in that direction. Trci play with is actually the Titans return one, because I think it Blends better with the other toy lines, but it's not really our c

I like a face, and I like the color of the white plastic that pearly color, I just wish it wasn't so transparent, that it lets so much light through the plastic.

The Seekers for me always score based on what they do with the mold. If it's just one Seeker, I will pass on it. Even if we get Starscream in 3 Coneheads, if I don't have a match for sender cracker and skywarp, then I will stick with the classics figures I have. If they give us the three Coneheads and the original Three, then I am really excited to swap out my original classic set, so that I have six Voyager Earthbound speakers, and then the rainmakers and hopefully Red Wing eventually, as a backup team on Cybertron.

No, the rubber on Prime is gonna dryrot and crack... Shockwave... :-(

Are these dudes going to be the same size of the figures with Unicron?

I finally bought my first BotBots set recently with Quackles in store. Quite a fun set.

I got that book for myself then bought it for a friend of mine who is artsy and like Transformers. Best gift 2019/2020

Thoughts on Siege Crosshairs? I thought he looked a lot better, even being a redeco, than the pictures.
carytheone wrote:Thanks again for having me, but at what point do you get used to hearing yourself speak? Brutal! :(

I had a fun time hanging and talking Transformers in real time. ;)^

NEVAH!!!!

Its actually a sciency type thing. We are used to hearing our voices through our skull structure so hearing it externally is... Wierd to us.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I honestly think the new mold Studio BB deserves a brief discussion. If not for just mentioning the head is swappable with the 70's version.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Counterpunch wrote:I honestly think the new mold Studio BB deserves a brief discussion. If not for just mentioning the head is swappable with the 70's version.

I agree with this.

I think time should be spent on the leaders too. Scavenger is frikkin fantastic
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:53 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:I honestly think the new mold Studio BB deserves a brief discussion. If not for just mentioning the head is swappable with the 70's version.

I agree with this.

Woops, too late. Next time! Er, next-next time?
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 pm

ScottyP wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I agree with this.

Woops, too late. Next time! Er, next-next time?

As long as you get Mike on for like 10 minutes to talk about the new SS guys you haven't discussed yet, i won't be picky!

Looking forward to the new one tomorrow, just bought Clobber last night from Amazon, looking forward to your early thoughts!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:33 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
I liked the Megatron stuff in issue 15, but I agree with I won’t be surprised if they changed the writer up at some point.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0723DC206 1A (CA) Perez"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #2 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 1023DC039 2A (CA) Mora"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1066 Cvr C 90s DC Comics 2022 SEP223495 1066C (CA) Hotz"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2024 1023DC051 141D (CA) Quah (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #141 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC043 5B (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #439 DC Comics 1989 (CA) Perez (W) Wolfman (A) Broderick 230915A"
BATMAN #439 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0923DC047 1B (CA) Chew"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr H 1:100 DC Comics 2023 JAN233231 2H (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC046 5E (W) Williamson (CA) Sherman"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1052 Cvr F 1:25 Superman DC Comics DEC222905 1052F (CA) Fornes"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #4 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0323DC072 4A (W) Williamson (A/CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #4 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1068 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 1122DC070 1068B (CA) Lee"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 Cvr I 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0323DC055 135I LGY #900 (CA) Bermejo"
BATMAN #135 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0923DC073 139F (W) Zdarsky (CA) Nguyen"
BATMAN #139 Cvr F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON