Price of TF comics collection

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Price of TF comics collection

Postby dextronimous » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm

I have been collecting TF comics from day 1 (1984), and have managed to work up a collection of all US TF comics up to IDWs last reboot (after Unicron). That includes all side series, crossovers, etc, from all publishers- a little over 800 comics total. From a recent conversation, I am wondering what a collection like that is worth. Most have all been read, and range from 'near mint' to 'OK'. I know there are some rare ones in there. I figured I would ask the experts... what do you think a collection like this is worth? Note I am not really considering selling at this point, mainly just curious. I'm also not looking for an exact amount, just a rough idea. Thanks!
dextronimous
Mini-Con

Re: Price of TF comics collection

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:08 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Marvel stuff is $3 - $5 an issue outside of very early issues. The other exception is the later part of the run, mostly the 70s and issue 80, where the print runs were much lower. These go for $10-25 depending on stuff.

Marvel UK issues vary wildly with condition, with most issues from ~30 up until Earthforce going for $1 - $4. Early TF UK with free gifts attached, minty copies of 113, and again the later run stuff can get expensive. Collected comics specials from 92 - 94 can also get up there.

Most anything else is, on a very good day, no more than cover price. Most days, modern back issues from Dreamwave to the present are $1 - $2 each. There are limited exceptions but most of those are so limited that unless you're a variant cover collector you probably don't have them.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 528
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
Twincast / Podcast #245:
"On a Boat"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers The Loyal Subjects 8" Action Vinyl: Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Trailbreaker, Swoop,Wheeljack, & Sludge Wave 3 Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AoE Drift Hasbro TF4 Age of Extinction Autobot Voyager Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls Wave 3 BLITZWING & Rumble Figures" on EBAY
Buy "G1 TRANSFORMERS 1985 HELICOPTER WHIRL PHOTON BEAM RIFLE GUN PART ACCESSORY GEN 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Lot of 32 Arcee Roadbuster Chromia More" on EBAY