This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers MP-50 Tigatron Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Pictorial Review for Transformers MP-50 Tigatron

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Tigatron just arrived from Amazon Japan. He had shipped Friday so this is pretty lightning quick for a toy arriving from literally the other end of the world.

We have had many in hand images, so you know he looks great.
We had a conversion video so you know he's complex.

But two questions remain: Is he a good toy and, more importantly, is he worth it?

That's what we will explore now in this review, that's all that's left to discuss and it's what matters most.

I will start by addressing something, though his design has callbacks to Cheetor's (since their original toys were the exact same), this is a completely different toy. Then only aspect of the transformation that is similar is that the front legs end up in the back and can connect together in a cross pattern. That is it. Every single other element is completely different offering fans a new transforming experience.

And I'll tell you, this is a better toy than Cheetor. With Cheetor, you had a very sleek build so there was some extra kibble in the rear area. But with Tigatron, the designers really went out of their way to highlight the musculature of tigers, which are the largest felines out there.

That larger mass permits the leg kibble and feet to integrate within the beast mode. It becomes my favourite part of the transformation. While a lot of it is panel-y (or shellformer-y to some), that foot transformation is just one of those wow moments that use simplicity and precision to fully convert an elements while using the some of the same parts. You can see it below.

The Tiger mode does suffer from a lot of panels though, so posing him or inserting the gut gun will have some panels detach while to try to reconnect others. I don't know why they didn't have the thigh panels fasten properly. They end up leaving gaps and it's not like they are shaped this way to fasten more properly in robot mode.

The eyes are articulated and can be green or orange since the spheres that make the eyes are green on one side and orange on the other and they can turn on a 360 axis for you to alter colours. It's too bad that the exposed part of the gut gun is not the part with the tiger stripes, making the beast patter on the gun fake kibble. It is the only fake bit though, since, unlike Cheetor, the Tiger head is used in both modes.

So, back to conversion, while there is a lot of undoing panels and flipping and folding, I found this far more enjoyable than Cheetor or other recent MPs. There are tiny pegs and latches that do require some finesse, and folding certain pieces of Tiger skin was really stressful due to how tight they were, but nothing broke on me. And best of all, I did something rather risky, I didn't use the instructions. While I recommend you follow instructions, the fact that I was able to get from one mode to the next without them meant that it wasn't obtuse. My favourite part was the legs since that is a completely different transformation to any Beast Wars MP to date. Another part I liked was at the very end where it seemed I had finished but the hips still seemed to be facing backwards, since that robot detail was on the back. What usually happens is you reorient the entire hip but the swivel didn't allow for that kind of movement. As it turns out, that specific robot mode detail can rotate around the hip to face any direction you want.

Most joints are super tight, except for the knees. And that is my biggest gripe about the robot mode, his knees suck. They kind of remind me of Siege Megatron's ankle tilt where you felt you were undoing something rather than bending. I have a neo dodging bullets pose below that shows how he looks like with bent knees. Not great. Another aspect that could have been easily dealt with is the arm kibble does not tab into his arms. I guess it makes it slightly easier if you want to pose his hands but that could just as easily be achieved if you had a small peg you could unpeg.

He is back heavy but his heels are extra tight so I have had no problem keeping him up. And speaking of the backside, the muscular frame of the tiger alt mode is really highlighted there. He has these massive calves (probably from holding up so much upper body mass), it's pretty cool that the strength of the animal mode is conveyed in the robot mode. As for the head, while he comes with 4 extra faces, I really did not care to change them. Aside from my memory of him being really frightened once or twice, the face I most associate with Tigatron is a stoic one with his mouth closed. He was always more of the silent type. The light piping is excellent.

So, let's get down to brass tacks with the following questions:

a)Is this a good figure?
b)Do I see where all my money went?
c)Do I regret spending this much on a toy?

Answers:

a)Yes
b)Yes
c)No

Mine cost $160 USD (before shipping and duty fees). That's almost double Optimus Primal. While I can see exactly where all my money went, part of me will always think that these figures are more than they should be. But that's just the name of the MP game at this point. I prefer this toy to almost all other Beast Wars MPs and I feel as satisfied with him as I do with Dinobot or Megatron, both of which were far more costly.

I will tell you this though, he is definitely the type of figure that is way more fun to convert from alt mode to robot than from robot to alt mode. I'm going to bring him back to beast mode now, wish me luck!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4498
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers MP-50 Tigatron Discussion

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:24 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Yay! for not getting broken during transformation (or after by supernatural and plastic chemical means).

The MP looks really good, kinda makes me wish Cheetor was revsited with a version whatever they want to label it. Tempting to have the MP and the kingdom figure as Snow Stalker depending on how it turns out -and if I had the money.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
He looks fantastic, great review Will.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Actar » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
Let's GO!!!

Full set of images here!

https://imgur.com/a/zCFVy6b
Actar
Micromaster
News Credits: 14
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:48 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:He looks fantastic, great review Will.

Thanks man!

blackeyedprime wrote:Yay! for not getting broken during transformation (or after by supernatural and plastic chemical means).

yeah there were times where I was sweating it with some tight joints, but in the end it all worked out.

Really happy with this overall.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Tigatron looks really nice!

I am glad I didn't order him though, with one potentially coming in Kingdom.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:10 pm

mine is arriving thursday, cant wait.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby Emerje » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Man, he looks fantastic! It was worth it for them to not take the easy way out and just copy Cheetor's transformation or even just do a straight repaint like so many suggested they would (I think most of us knew that was never an option, though). Mine comes in Tuesday, can't wait!

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:39 pm

Transformed him back to beast mode, once again without instructions. Everything was fine and it was quite the treat. He holds together even better now since I placed everything in the right way during transformation.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby butcher31 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:22 am

Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
I do love Transformers that look like they're the same but then transform completely differently. Like MP10 Optimus and MP22 Ultra Magnus, and MP12 Sideswipe and MP39 Sunstreaker.

Very happy they didn't go the easy way with this guy. I'm really looking forward to it. The Beast Wars masterpiece toys are incredible.
butcher31
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 8
Skill: 2

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:25 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Tigga.jpg

I had a box waiting for me when I got home from work today...
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby transformers_va » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
I'm seeing words like "incredible" and "fantastic".. really??
This looks terrible! This is panel gapping taken to a whole new level! For close to $200, imo, this is completely unacceptable.
transformers_va
Vehicon
News Credits: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:31 pm

transformers_va wrote:I'm seeing words like "incredible" and "fantastic".. really??
This looks terrible! This is panel gapping taken to a whole new level! For close to $200, imo, this is completely unacceptable.

Do you know of a toy that goes from organic animal to robot with out paneling like that for the same price?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby transformers_va » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:48 pm

Not for that price, no. However, for lower prices, I think Primal and Rhinox were done a lot better.
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Primal is a more valid comparison as Rhinox is only a Voyager class toy with a different design brief. However I think Tigatron had more of his beast mode to hide then the big monkey man.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:34 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Primal is a more valid comparison as Rhinox is only a Voyager class toy with a different design brief. However I think Tigatron had more of his beast mode to hide then the big monkey man.

He does. Monkey man doesn't even fully change between his two modes.

Though I do admit that those Beast hips on Tigatron are easily the worst part. I really dislike how they don't actually snap in and instead just hover there.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:50 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Beast Mode is kinda weak IMO. But robot mode is pretty fantastic, as has been the case with all the BW MPs. Although, I can’t figure out the arm middle thing; pictures show it inserting into a slot on his arm flap, but I don’t quite understand how that works. If anyone has successfully mounted that piece, do you mind sharing a pic with ol’ Maximo?
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Beast Mode is kinda weak IMO. But robot mode is pretty fantastic, as has been the case with all the BW MPs.

To be honest, in light of who we've had so far I was expecting that. Aside from Primal, The Maximals were always the weaker figures of the first toy line. They did botch Blackarachnia's Beast Mode due to laziness, but I am expecting better with the other Predacons. Terrorsaur being a potential wild card in that respect, however.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Beast Mode is kinda weak IMO. But robot mode is pretty fantastic, as has been the case with all the BW MPs. Although, I can’t figure out the arm middle thing; pictures show it inserting into a slot on his arm flap, but I don’t quite understand how that works. If anyone has successfully mounted that piece, do you mind sharing a pic with ol’ Maximo?

Can you show me what you mean? Not sure I understand.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:50 pm

1351E74C-ED7E-4280-9CDF-4D9AC65AFCE7.jpeg
How the box shows it

BC7B95EB-376D-45CD-8894-139AF5E7FB11.jpeg
How it looks on mine

Is that making sense? It’s completely different to how the box is.

ED6EBB9A-E391-4F07-A506-B9EBE5FE220C.jpeg
There’s also this image of his left arm panel on the box, with a single large tab

4EFB98CC-7513-49FF-B656-B745F916D206.jpeg
But here on my figure, the left arm panel has two small tabs

So it seems as though there was a late change to the figure? There’s no way mine’s the only one like this.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

Postby Emerje » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Primal is a more valid comparison as Rhinox is only a Voyager class toy with a different design brief. However I think Tigatron had more of his beast mode to hide then the big monkey man.

He does. Monkey man doesn't even fully change between his two modes.

And they still didn't do a particularly great job with the ape legs from behind.

193524_Convoy_Ape_Back.jpg

The original figure did a better (though far from good) job of hiding that. If he had been given the budge of a $150 figure instead of a $125 figure I wonder what they could have done?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 235
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby transformers_va » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Emerje wrote:And they still didn't do a particularly great job with the ape legs from behind.

I'd take that anyday over this:
I understand that this was the character design though, rather than explicitly the toy design, but it just looks awful :SICK:

Emerje wrote:The original figure did a better (though far from good) job of hiding that. If he had been given the budge of a $150 figure instead of a $125 figure I wonder what they could have done?

Emerje

I was thinking the exact same thing
transformers_va
Vehicon

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:11 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Tigatrons mistransformed in that pic tho with at least the tail needing folded up. The animal legs crossed are show accurate. robot lower legs look a bit odd from that angle though.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
Alt Mode: a spoon
Intelligence: 6
Firepower: 2

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:22 pm

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
1351E74C-ED7E-4280-9CDF-4D9AC65AFCE7.jpeg

BC7B95EB-376D-45CD-8894-139AF5E7FB11.jpeg

Is that making sense? It’s completely different to how the box is.

ED6EBB9A-E391-4F07-A506-B9EBE5FE220C.jpeg

4EFB98CC-7513-49FF-B656-B745F916D206.jpeg

So it seems as though there was a late change to the figure? There’s no way mine’s the only one like this.

Ok good new and bad news, and it's the same news:

All figures are like that.

What is shown on the box can't be achieved and some have reported breakages with trying to insert that piece. So I just left mine alone. What you have set up though looks as good as it gets.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 pm

That’s what I figured was the case. That’s really weird to me that it’s so obviously different from how it’s displayed...we Haven’t really seen this with the masterpiece figures To my memory.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDERCRASH Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
BOULDERCRASH Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON