Transformers Studio Series DEVASTATOR Review

Post your reviews of Transformers toys in this topic. Please keep each topic dedicated to one specific toy (i.e. DOTM Deluxe Class Optimus Prime"). Videos can be posted in a topic as well as text reviews and images.

Transformers Studio Series Devastator Review Showing Off Fully Combined Figure

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Thanks to regular YouTube reviewer PrimeVsPrime, we have a highly anticipated video review to bring to you today! While we've seen all the Constructicons in individual reviews, and he teased their fully combined form in his review of Overload, we can at long last see Devastator in all his towering, terrifying glory! He does focus on each different part of the combined figure and goes over the articulation and also does some fun size comparisons.

While Mixmaster and Scavenger are the most recent figures to be released (and we've already seen Hightower, Scrapmetal, Rampage and Long Haul), most of us will have to wait a bit longer- Scrapper isn't due for several more weeks, and Overload isn't due to be released until the 4th quarter of this year.

So what do you all think? Are you excited to finally see this figure come to life? Let us know what you think below, and stay tuned to Seibertron for all your Transformers news!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 248
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Studio Series DEVASTATOR Review

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I'm a little disappointed in lack of knees, but interestingly enough, the way the legs are designed give the appearance of faux knees. This is a magnificent figure in all. The details are just awesome. The only other complaint is the lack of scaling for potential Skids and Mudflap figures. However, they were pretty small as it was and I wonder if we could see a SS two-pack of those two in the same way the cycles got a three pack.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
First-Aid wrote:I'm a little disappointed in lack of knees, but interestingly enough, the way the legs are designed give the appearance of faux knees. This is a magnificent figure in all. The details are just awesome. The only other complaint is the lack of scaling for potential Skids and Mudflap figures. However, they were pretty small as it was and I wonder if we could see a SS two-pack of those two in the same way the cycles got a three pack.

I would almost bet on that. Considering Camaro-Bee's size and the fact that he was at least a head or two taller than Skids and Mudflap, I don't see how they could make them single Deluxes. Also, given his actual size in the movie, Devastator isn't in true scale with anyone- either he'd have to be much bigger, or all other Studio Series figures would have to be a lot smaller.
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 248
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:55 pm

That's what I figured. Scale is always the enemy of Transformers.
First-Aid
City Commander

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Not to mention they’d have to bump size categories up.... so is this devastator officially a Titan? Do we think he’s sold well enough Hasbro May consider other combiners (individual members) at retail again?
SpikeyTigertron
Transmetal Warrior

Postby First-Aid » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:54 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Not to mention they’d have to bump size categories up.... so is this devastator officially a Titan? Do we think he’s sold well enough Hasbro May consider other combiners (individual members) at retail again?

Considering the SS line is aimed more at collectors, I'm not sure. There is one more combiner in the movie verse, though I'd have no idea how they'd pull THAT one off...

Im not sure what combiners are left. We got all of them recently. I am really craving some new material...I want to see Transtech finally done.
First-Aid
City Commander

Return to Transformers Toy Reviews

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition AOE Silver Knight Optimus Prime Leader Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Jada TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:24 With Collectible 100%..." on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides TransFormers 2016 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee 1:32" on EBAY
Buy "Jada The Transformers Hollywood Rides Autobot Optimus Prime 1:24" on EBAY
Buy "2018 TRANSFORMERS HOLLYWOOD RIDES  (OPTIMUS PRIME)  METALS DIE CAST JADA 5700 XE" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY