This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NETFLIX Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy TOY line discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: NETFLIX Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy TOY line discussion

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:37 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:Looks like cheetor went into a tanning salon
And came out with his correct colors instead of the retail version's bleached colors.

Lol I was poking fun at the difference between the two and the shade of gold netflix cheetor has but thank you for reiterating what everyone and their mother has been saying since the first leaked image. I almost forgot that cheetor isn't supposed to be mustard yellow
Looks more banana yellow to me. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Razorbeast88 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
And came out with his correct colors instead of the retail version's bleached colors.

Lol I was poking fun at the difference between the two and the shade of gold netflix cheetor has but thank you for reiterating what everyone and their mother has been saying since the first leaked image. I almost forgot that cheetor isn't supposed to be mustard yellow

Hahaha agreed, that's more spot on
Boss monkey has to refrain from eating him all the time
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Epsilon Delta » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:47 pm

Motto: "Slag 'em all and let Primus sort 'em out"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
I'm really disappointed Cheetor doesn't come with his gut gun. I don't even care if it stored by plugging in on a side port or something. He should have had it.
Who says Cybertron Optimus can't hold his matrix with two hands?

Epsilon Delta
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: ChoochooTrain

Postby Tuned Agent » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Hahaha agreed, that's more spot on
Boss monkey has to refrain from eating him all the time

Plot twist: Cheetor changes his colors in WFC part 3 for this very reason.
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Razorbeast88 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Love that haha
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby Dragma Kerp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Is there anyway possible to get Netflix toys outside the U.S.?
I mean, whenever they say "walmart exclusive" I can kiss them goodbay basically... that or pay scalper prices on e-bay...
Dragma Kerp
Mini-Con

Postby toycave_studios » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:15 pm

I hate how Hasblow does this sh1t. I would've waited for the Netflix version obviously... now I've got another Cheetor to get rid of... :BANG_HEAD:
toycave_studios
Mini-Con

Postby Starseeker » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:32 pm

Motto: "We Decepticons are a swell bunch, and do we have fun!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Just a heads up, if anyone is still looking to get Nemesis, he's in stock on BBTS for a reasonable $60. Ordered mine yesterday. Best price for him that I've seen. Never saw him show up in store so I'm pretty excited.
Starseeker
Vehicon
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
toycave_studios wrote:I hate how Hasblow does this sh1t. I would've waited for the Netflix version obviously... now I've got another Cheetor to get rid of... :BANG_HEAD:

They've done this often over the years. Back in the day, people would wait until the end of the line to pick up the figures they wanted, in the colors and style they wanted.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sowndwave76 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:12 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I do like the look of the sparkless figure... I think the rust/decaying paint apps look really well done. And it doesn't bother me at all the the limbs are plain; they are toned-down enough in color that it all works visually. I personally wish it were the ER datsun mold... But this is the kind of "different" figure that appeals to me.
I've liked a lot of the SG figures, and regret not collecting at least a few of those.
Considering I don't have this Siege mold, I'll think about getting him.
Then I also realize I don't know how it really fits into my collection or especially a display set-up.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Courage: 7

Postby Irvpapa » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:11 am

I'm really annoyed at how bad Walmart is at stocking the Netflix transformers and transformers in general. Would it make a difference if everyone here collaborated in emailing Hasbro customer service to complain about Walmarts bad stocking? I hate trying to buy Netflix Bumblebee and Walmart.com sells it just as expensive as a reseller and the physical store shelves are empty. I would like to see what Hasbro would do if we all asked them to fix this.

Irving
Irvpapa
Mini-Con

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:08 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Irvpapa wrote:I'm really annoyed at how bad Walmart is at stocking the Netflix transformers and transformers in general. Would it make a difference if everyone here collaborated in emailing Hasbro customer service to complain about Walmarts bad stocking? I hate trying to buy Netflix Bumblebee and Walmart.com sells it just as expensive as a reseller and the physical store shelves are empty. I would like to see what Hasbro would do if we all asked them to fix this.

Irving

I don't think it would matter to hasbro, they've already had the sale to walmart. I preoredered three things from three different lines on the first day they were available to preorder and have had them all cancelled, that's on hasbro more than the retailer:(
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:07 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Irvpapa wrote:I'm really annoyed at how bad Walmart is at stocking the Netflix transformers and transformers in general. Would it make a difference if everyone here collaborated in emailing Hasbro customer service to complain about Walmarts bad stocking? I hate trying to buy Netflix Bumblebee and Walmart.com sells it just as expensive as a reseller and the physical store shelves are empty. I would like to see what Hasbro would do if we all asked them to fix this.

Irving

I feel your pain. I still can't find Netflix Soundwave. I was close a few times before Xmas, only finding a stray Netflix Optimus Prime left in the wake, and now there has been NOTHING for the whole month of January at Walmart as far as Netflix figures.

It's entirely Walmart's fault, by the way, that pre-orders are cancelled. Hasbro simply sells them an allotment of toys, and then Hasbro is done with the transaction. Walmart then has to handle the logistics of setting aside so many for pre-order and then distributing the rest to their warehouses and then to individual stores. Walmart's inventory infrastructure is hot, wet garbage that is continually on fire and kicking puppies. What irks me is that retailers come to Hasbro asking/begging for exclusives, and then Hasbro obliges, and then the retailers, particularly Walmart, screw it up time and again.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6

Postby Munkky » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:23 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I got Soundwave today, he's a lot of fun, and one of the best looking Soundwave toys I've ever handled. Laserbeak is the better of the two cassettes, Ravage's jaguar mode doesn't really do it for me. It's also a shame that the Siege Ratbat mould doesn't fit into Soundwave's chest window very well. It's because of this that I don't know what to do with Ratbat and Wingthing on my Decepticon shelf now, the cassettes don't fit in Soundwave, and the bats don't balance on Soundwave's (or anyone else's) shoulders all too well. I may try getting a couple of poseable display stands for Ratbat and Wingthing to look like they're flying.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Razorbeast88 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:52 am

I dont have wingthing yet, fitting Ratbat into soundwaves chest is do-able it's just a bit finicky. You can also put them on soundwave's forearms with the wing tips out, as claw weapons/tasers or whatever you want to think of them as

I keep ravage in soundwave's chest with rumble and Ratbat on the left and right ports of his back, and laserbeak on the middle port of his back
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:58 am

Munkky wrote:I may try getting a couple of poseable display stands for Ratbat and Wingthing to look like they're flying.

Since the size of the stands would likely end up being more material than the tiny figures they would be holding, some fishing line might do the trick just as well.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
My Wal-Mart keeps getting Netflix restocked, we just got a bunch of wave 2 deluxes in, alongside with more Hotlinks. So if you still need any of them, keep checking Wal-Marts around you if you have them. Or I can get them for you at cost plus shipping if you PM me.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Zeedust » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
toycave_studios wrote:I hate how Hasblow does this sh1t. I would've waited for the Netflix version obviously... now I've got another Cheetor to get rid of... :BANG_HEAD:

Translation: "I like the new colors but I need something to complain about." If you hate Hasbro so much, stop buying their stuff. :roll:

Honestly, I'd be fine going doubles on this mold if I get the chance. It's nice to see BW character getting attention. Maybe I'll have one of them stand in for Cyberverse Cheetor since the one Cheetor toy we got in Cyberverse looked nothing like he did on the actual show.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Skill: 3

Postby Razorbeast88 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:34 pm

I don't think they were complaining for the sake of it. Spending an extra $22 that could have been saved may not make much of a difference for you but others may not be so fortunate
The "stop buying their stuff" argument makes about as much sense as the "if you dont like what your politicians are doing in your country move to another one" argument. Where else would this person buy their transformers from? Overpriced 3rd parties?
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby Epsilon Delta » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:01 pm

Motto: "Slag 'em all and let Primus sort 'em out"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

They've done this often over the years. Back in the day, people would wait until the end of the line to pick up the figures they wanted, in the colors and style they wanted.

toycave: I feel your pain. I was lucky enough to *not* see any Cheetors or else I would have been in your same boat. A repaint as a new character is one thing (like the Seekers), but releasing a character with a poor paint job so everyone thinks "this is what we got so we'll pick it up" then releasing the paint job you know everyone actually wants to get them to buy the figure twice seems deceptive...

chuckdawg: Take me back to that simple time. Nowadays we don't have the luxury to wait because the pickings are so slim you gotta jump on what you happen to find. I wish it were still a simple thing to find the whole line sitting on the pegs and picking which ones I'll throw my money at.
Who says Cybertron Optimus can't hold his matrix with two hands?

Epsilon Delta
Minibot
Alt Mode: ChoochooTrain

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:01 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Epsilon Delta wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

toycave: I feel your pain. I was lucky enough to *not* see any Cheetors or else I would have been in your same boat. A repaint as a new character is one thing (like the Seekers), but releasing a character with a poor paint job so everyone thinks "this is what we got so we'll pick it up" then releasing the paint job you know everyone actually wants to get them to buy the figure twice seems deceptive...

chuckdawg: Take me back to that simple time. Nowadays we don't have the luxury to wait because the pickings are so slim you gotta jump on what you happen to find. I wish it were still a simple thing to find the whole line sitting on the pegs and picking which ones I'll throw my money at.

I wish I could go take you back there, I'd have lunch with my Nana at the nice dinner on the corner and then shop for vegetables at Kissena Farms. Now I'm really sad.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:36 am

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Razorbeast88 wrote:I don't think they were complaining for the sake of it. Spending an extra $22 that could have been saved may not make much of a difference for you but others may not be so fortunate

And the situation toy_cave is referring to IS annoying. No, it's not the worst thing ever... But relatively speaking it is frustrating.
It's annoying even if money isn't an issue. Even with the option of selling old figures (which in and of itself can be a hassle with no guarantee of getting all your money back).
On top of the fact that this is an exclusive figure and could be difficult to track down.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
Courage: 7

Postby triKlops » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 am

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
Dragma Kerp wrote:Is there anyway possible to get Netflix toys outside the U.S.?
I mean, whenever they say "walmart exclusive" I can kiss them goodbay basically... that or pay scalper prices on e-bay...

I would highly recommend going through Amazon Japan for those in the future.

When the brand unification happened, TakTomy has released our exclusives, generally, as general release.
Whereas our regular release, not all but some, have become exclusives on their side.

While it may be a bit late for those first 2 waves of Netflix figs to get at a reasonable price, i would recommend creating an account and a wishlist and toss those guys in the list to monitor for future price drops.
Its not always a guaranteed homerun but when i am having a hard tine finding a domestic exclusive, they are my first go to for research.

Give it a shot as a trial run for one or 2 you have had your eye on; see if it works for yourself.
The shipping is a little bit more but you get 2 day DHL service which has been impeccable so far with all of my orders; signature release is possible as well so you don't have to be married to being present at time of delivery.

Now that AmzJP can ship/ sell toys, before it was only secondary and tertiary products like Mooks and DVDs to coloring books and an odd fig tie in connected to a dvd release, it has proven to be an invaluable resource that cuts out the middleman charges and delayed timing.

Good luck!

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
triKlops
Godmaster

Postby Razorbeast88 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:31 am

Agreed! Where else would we vent about our frustrations if not in a discussion thread with the only other people that would feel our pain? Even if it's not the end of the world, still frustrating enough to be worth a comment about it every so often
Razorbeast88
Headmaster

Postby Dragma Kerp » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:05 pm

triKlops wrote:
Dragma Kerp wrote:Is there anyway possible to get Netflix toys outside the U.S.?

I would highly recommend going through Amazon Japan for those in the future.

When the brand unification happened, TakTomy has released our exclusives, generally, as general release.
Whereas our regular release, not all but some, have become exclusives on their side.

While it may be a bit late for those first 2 waves of Netflix figs to get at a reasonable price, i would recommend creating an account and a wishlist and toss those guys in the list to monitor for future price drops.
Its not always a guaranteed homerun but when i am having a hard tine finding a domestic exclusive, they are my first go to for research.

Give it a shot as a trial run for one or 2 you have had your eye on; see if it works for yourself.
The shipping is a little bit more but you get 2 day DHL service which has been impeccable so far with all of my orders; signature release is possible as well so you don't have to be married to being present at time of delivery.

Now that AmzJP can ship/ sell toys, before it was only secondary and tertiary products like Mooks and DVDs to coloring books and an odd fig tie in connected to a dvd release, it has proven to be an invaluable resource that cuts out the middleman charges and delayed timing.

Good luck!

Oh, interesting, thanks for the advice, I'll check it some time in the future
Dragma Kerp
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15B (CA) Burcham SEP190684"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #66 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Senior (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200470 3A (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11A (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS #11 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 Decepticons Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221677 4RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #70 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Wildman 230915E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON