This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

Postby Absolute Zero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Weapon: Corrosive Slime Shooter
Has Karne become more unhinged and started threatening/advocating violence? *shocked face*
Last edited by Absolute Zero on Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sig by BunBun
Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1
Location: On the corner earning money for a crippling plastic addiction
Alt Mode: Meloncholy Savior of Fascist Autobots
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:05 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
You know ... we've given this thread a lot of leniency so that people could discuss things, in what we hoped would be a civil and respectful manner.

Unfortunately, some of you have decided that means you can do what you want.

You can't.

If you can't respond respectfully, and yes, calling someone a "Karen" is disrespectful, then don't respond.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Absolute Zero » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Sig by BunBun
Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Faction Commander

Postby High Command » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:34 am

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
ShadowKatt wrote:
High Command wrote:People who go around waving flags with swastikas on them yelling "seig heil" are nazis and deserve punching.
If they are then frightened and don't want to do this anymore, it is a good thing.

I feel like the entire point I was trying to make just went completely unheard, but I think that was intentional. If that's the way you feel then, then that's your choice. I just want you to be fully aware that if that method of thinking spreads someday, somewhere, someone could identify you from a place you work, a comment on social media, or just random accusation, call you a communist, and then proceed to beat you. Say what you will about Kanrabat, he is right about one thing. Your enemies are mobilizing. Just recently there was a BLM march in some podunk town in Ohio. It was less than 100 people. It was met by over 700 counterprotesters armed with everything from baseball bats to rifles that didn't want them there and the BLM march was run out of town. If punching Nazi's is good, what about shooting them on site? And if you can do it to them, it'll come back at you. Those 100 protesters are alive now because that mob stopped. If they had wanted to, the police couldn't have stopped that. National guard weren't present. If you want to hold to your ideology, then you're supporting a system in which these people, who were likely convinced this group was at best protestors but at worst rioters and vandals, would have justified wiping them all out.

THIS is the end of that line of thought. I can't make it much more clear than that. The end of this ideology is the holocaust, not based on race or sexuality but instead every person that you deem a nazi, either because they wear an armband or someone simply believes they have proof. it will be genocide based on ideology. Unless the other side gets there first. Antifa has flags too. They have ideas and positions too. They can be rounded up as well.

I'd rather not see that.

There really has been a lot of bad-faith arguments put forth in this thread by yourself and others but this is really something else. Fighting literal nazis (as opposed to just anyone I disagree with, I believe I was quite clear on that point) makes one just as bad as a nazi and liable to commit genocide?

Likewise your choice to escalate from punching to shooting which is putting words in my mouth. Since you bring up shooting, my stance on the question of guns is to make them all illegal and take them away from members of the public and the cops. Please don't go into a gun ownership debate though, I only mention it to make my own position clear and am reluctant to do so because I fear a likelihood of being lectured how that position somehow makes me want more people to get shot not less.

I am trying to be specific and deliberate in my choice of language here so let me summarise:

Black Lives Matter - this is a positive movement that is asking for changes that have been too long ignored both in the US, UK and elsewhere. Specifically in the US, the issue of black people being killed by cops and those cops facing no consequences. More generally overt and more hidden forms of racism and racial bias need confronting and changing to make a fairer more equal society for all. I find it a very hopeful thing that so many young people of all races are uniting for this. I am certainly not in favour of protecting the status-quo. Some positive changes are starting to happen with charges being made against culpable officers but more can be done too.

Violence - the overwhelming majority of protest has been done peacefully. Where the worst violence has been the cops have also been out in force in full armour. Yes I am implying that the cops have been the instigators of most of the violence. Either directly through attacking protests or indirectly through provocation. As cops, they should have the training to de-escalate things yet we've seen the reverse. When untrained people are attacked their natural instinct may be to run away or to fight back. I think asking the protesters to behave calmer and more professionally than the supposed professionals is a flawed argument.
I don't want anyone to get killed in these protests. People being killed is one of the main reasons for having them remember.

Destruction of property - Lives matter more than property. Property can be replaced, rebuilt etc. The dead can only be mourned. Yes it's a shame if someone's business is burned down, I hope they have insurance that'll pay out. I'm far less concerned when it's something like a statue that gets destroyed, such as the one of a slave trader in my country where the people of the town had been pursuing every legal avenue for decades. Not all statues need to come down obviously but in this case made for a powerful statement that we don't stand for the pain and suffering this man caused.

Counter-protests - far right groups have been having their own protests, such as one notable example in London recently. They say they were to protest violence against the police and defend monuments from being attacked. The police were there, BLM were not. The counter-protestors had a fight with the police instead, showed their respect to the monuments by giving nazi salutes and one man was photographed urinating beside a memorial to a dead policeman killed by a terrorist in 2017. These are pro-racism protests, in response to BLM anti-racism ones. Some sources say that some of the property destruction seen in the US has come from alt-right groups seeking to discredit BLM, that's unsubstantiated but is not wholly implausible.

Coronavirus - this is actually my biggest concern regarding the protests and I really hope it doesn't lead to another spike in infections. TBH I am surprised there hasn't been one already. Once again, my position is that deaths are bad.
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.

Burn wrote:High Command is an arsehat.
High Command
Headmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby ShadowKatt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:47 am

Motto: "Everything works out."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
High Command wrote:There really has been a lot of bad-faith arguments put forth in this thread by yourself and others but this is really something else. Fighting literal nazis (as opposed to just anyone I disagree with, I believe I was quite clear on that point) makes one just as bad as a nazi and liable to commit genocide?

Likewise your choice to escalate from punching to shooting which is putting words in my mouth. Since you bring up shooting, my stance on the question of guns is to make them all illegal and take them away from members of the public and the cops. Please don't go into a gun ownership debate though, I only mention it to make my own position clear and am reluctant to do so because I fear a likelihood of being lectured how that position somehow makes me want more people to get shot not less.

I am trying to be specific and deliberate in my choice of language here so let me summarise:

Black Lives Matter - this is a positive movement that is asking for changes that have been too long ignored both in the US, UK and elsewhere. Specifically in the US, the issue of black people being killed by cops and those cops facing no consequences. More generally overt and more hidden forms of racism and racial bias need confronting and changing to make a fairer more equal society for all. I find it a very hopeful thing that so many young people of all races are uniting for this. I am certainly not in favour of protecting the status-quo. Some positive changes are starting to happen with charges being made against culpable officers but more can be done too.

Violence - the overwhelming majority of protest has been done peacefully. Where the worst violence has been the cops have also been out in force in full armour. Yes I am implying that the cops have been the instigators of most of the violence. Either directly through attacking protests or indirectly through provocation. As cops, they should have the training to de-escalate things yet we've seen the reverse. When untrained people are attacked their natural instinct may be to run away or to fight back. I think asking the protesters to behave calmer and more professionally than the supposed professionals is a flawed argument.
I don't want anyone to get killed in these protests. People being killed is one of the main reasons for having them remember.

Destruction of property - Lives matter more than property. Property can be replaced, rebuilt etc. The dead can only be mourned. Yes it's a shame if someone's business is burned down, I hope they have insurance that'll pay out. I'm far less concerned when it's something like a statue that gets destroyed, such as the one of a slave trader in my country where the people of the town had been pursuing every legal avenue for decades. Not all statues need to come down obviously but in this case made for a powerful statement that we don't stand for the pain and suffering this man caused.

Counter-protests - far right groups have been having their own protests, such as one notable example in London recently. They say they were to protest violence against the police and defend monuments from being attacked. The police were there, BLM were not. The counter-protestors had a fight with the police instead, showed their respect to the monuments by giving nazi salutes and one man was photographed urinating beside a memorial to a dead policeman killed by a terrorist in 2017. These are pro-racism protests, in response to BLM anti-racism ones. Some sources say that some of the property destruction seen in the US has come from alt-right groups seeking to discredit BLM, that's unsubstantiated but is not wholly implausible.

Coronavirus - this is actually my biggest concern regarding the protests and I really hope it doesn't lead to another spike in infections. TBH I am surprised there hasn't been one already. Once again, my position is that deaths are bad.

Don't worry, I've no intention of getting into the gun debate. It's hardly relevant to the topic at hand. I do, however, have a question for you: Do you play chess? I ask because when I wrote above I was doing my best to speak to the future, and when I read your words they seem couched in the present. Nothing I said was meant as an implication that you yourself would do anything, or go out to start anything, or even be the first one to tip a domino in that direction. The point I was trying to make is that there are enough people out there already who will be more than willing to do that for you if we don't dial the rhetoric way back.

I appreciate the declaration on principles. I feel like we could spend hours in debate over them but this isn't the time or the place. I think the more important part is that while I appreciate your principles, even the ones I don't agree with, not everyone is going to agree with you. The danger I was trying to illustrate comes from there. You advocate for punching Nazis. That's fine, I'll let you have that. You point out that people waving and wearing swastikas and goosestepping while shouting "Seig Heil!" are Nazis. I can't really disagree with that, i think that would be pretty obvious. And while I don't want to make too grand assumptions, I can only assume that if you saw someone like that walking down the street, you'd probably limber up, stretch, and get a good running start before clocking them across the head. As they say, You do you, Boo.

My concern is that not everyone is going to be as restrained as you. You seem to be willing to restrain yourself to people who out themselves as nazis but that's not going to be true of everyone. Lots of things that aren't even related to the nazis and white supremacists have suddenly become associated with them. A haircut. A hand gesture. Or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If there's a protest in response to BLM and one, JUST ONE person brings a Nazi flag, is this a sign that everyone there is a nazi? And does anyone bother to ask questions before things turn ugly. Does getting the wrong haircut justify punching someone without needing evidence or reason? If someone flashes the white power handsign, otherwise known in the rest of the world as the OK gesture, does that confirm their position with the rest of the Nazis?

The point here is that I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about your ideas. They don't solely belong to you; they're shared far and wide amongst many people. I asked earlier if you played Chess because both of these things have something in common: Looking to the future. Not just as this move, but the next ten moves ahead. Bringing up shooting wasn't putting words in your mouth. Not once did I ever imply you said it would happen. I said that it IS happening and it's going to escalate further unless the violent rhetoric stops. Two protesting groups show up and one side punches the other. The other side shows up next time with sticks. The next time the other side shows up with knives and so on. This isn't conjecture, we've watched it, going back to the protests in Portland and Berkeley and following it though to today. It shouldn't be hard to see where things go from here. In New Mexico vandals showed up to tear down a statue and someone got shot. Those people are going to come back and they're going to come back armed, I'd lay money. In Ohio a BLM march was run out of town by armed protestors. If that march comes back it will also probably be armed, and where do things go from there.

I think we're still in the opening gambits of this conflict, with prodding threats and low casualties. All it will take though is one group that feels justified in using the full force they have available because the other side are nazis, the other side are fascists, the other side are supremacists, or the other side are just threatening them and now it's self defense and it all kicks off. This is what lies ten moves further into the game if we continue with this.

It's not bad faith, it's logic. I've explained myself, taken it step by step, progression from one level of escalation to the next. And yes, taken to its logical extreme it could be genocide. One protest opens fire on another one and a firefight ensues. Massive casualties on both sides. Does this de-escalate tensions or inflame them? Obviously it inflames them. So what's the next move? Assuming that the US government doesn't roll the army in and lock everything down, and there's your fascist state if ever there was one, it will be open season on both sides. Marches and protests will be cancelled, too many people, too easy a target. Instead you'll have smaller cells hunting down other cells, something akin to a cross between guerilla and gang warfare. This could go two ways, either with neither side gaining an advantage or one side gaining a clear advantage, and both are bad. The former means that the fighting could be extremely prolonged, resulting in likely a great deal of collateral damage and casualties. The latter will result in the losing side on the run, possibly being hunted down all the way. Were that to happen I believe one of two senarios likely, the losing side is either driven underground where it can wait and recover, or it is simply wiped out, rounded up and executed. All this assumes of course that the government doesnt come in with an even heavier hand and crush both of them.

All this because people decided it was okay to punch a certain group of people. Call it far fetched, call it a slippery slope but we're already seeing the first parts of this now. The rest is possible, unless you'd like to put forward an alternate timeline of events.

As a final note, I want to reference the genocide comment. Wiping out any group of people, for any reason, is a genocide. The Nazis did it with the jews because...I don't know. The Jews are the punching bag of the whole world and I never understood it. The soviet union did it with the poles. It's continuing today with the Kurds. Rounding up what's left of the nazis which at this point would consist of people who weren't even alive during that time would be no different. It would make you no better than them. If we have learned nothing from the crusades and jihads it's that rigtheous vengence is never right. Justified any way it can, it's still just revenge.
Sig by Warhammer ^^
ShadowKatt
Vehicon
Watch ShadowKatt on YouTube
Alt Mode: Pretender - Cat
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby Absolute Zero » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:14 am

ShadowKatt wrote:As a final note, I want to reference the genocide comment. Wiping out any group of people, for any reason, is a genocide. The Nazis did it with the jews because...I don't know. The Jews are the punching bag of the whole world and I never understood it. The soviet union did it with the poles. It's continuing today with the Kurds. Rounding up what's left of the nazis which at this point would consist of people who weren't even alive during that time would be no different. It would make you no better than them. If we have learned nothing from the crusades and jihads it's that rigtheous vengence is never right. Justified any way it can, it's still just revenge.

Kurds, Polish, and Muslims being rounded up and executed isn't the same. First, those are ethnic or religious persecutions. Nazis/Neo Nazis is not. Their entire ideal is that only specific white people (Aryan) matter and should be allowed to live.

As for why the Nazi's killed Jews (and Polish people, and Kurdish people, and Muslims, and anyone else, but specifically Jewish people) is because for centuries, they were blamed for anything and everything that went wrong. Crops failed? Blame the Jew. Cow died? Blame the Jew. Couldn't make it as a painter? Blame the Jew, and then exterminate them. We still see this today. "Secret Jewish Cabals control everything!" "Hollywood is full of Jews and want to control us!" and a bunch of other stuff...

But I'm drifting off topic. This topic is Black Lives Matter.
Sig by BunBun
Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Faction Commander

Postby ShadowKatt » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:47 am

Motto: "Everything works out."
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Absolute Zero wrote:As for why the Nazi's killed Jews (and Polish people, and Kurdish people, and Muslims, and anyone else, but specifically Jewish people) is because for centuries, they were blamed for anything and everything that went wrong. Crops failed? Blame the Jew. Cow died? Blame the Jew. Couldn't make it as a painter? Blame the Jew, and then exterminate them. We still see this today. "Secret Jewish Cabals control everything!" "Hollywood is full of Jews and want to control us!" and a bunch of other stuff...

I had a feeling that was the reason but it seemed too dumb to be it. But we are a dumb species.
Sig by Warhammer ^^
ShadowKatt
Vehicon
Watch ShadowKatt on YouTube
Alt Mode: Pretender - Cat
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Hasbro Stands with the Black Community in a Transformers Themed Post on their Social Media

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:16 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hasbro has a new post on their official Transformers page on Facebook, in support of the Black community. It highlights their commitment to speaking out and standing in solidarity, which they initially posted earlier this month on their site.

Their post makes use of the most well known line by Optimus Prime, "'Til all are one!" and "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings", the later which has been a part of the character since his original bio.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4499
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:26 am

Freedom Is The Right Of All Sentient Beings*
*Unless they are the people of Hong Kong or Chinese Muslims and other minorities deemed impure by the CCP, which we all know every major company panders to and take money from
Companies need to stop pretending they have a morality. They are product maker and any attempt at pretending to be good and moral people is utter bullshit in a self congratulatory nonsense.
Last edited by Skritz on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:29 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Optimus Prime wrote:Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Optimus's creed cannot be repeated enough.

Unfortunately too many go with Megatron's creed: "Peace through tyranny."
Last edited by -Kanrabat- on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:30 am

It's that simple."
Skritz wrote:Freedom Is The Right Of All Sentient Beings*
*Unless they are the people of Hong Kong or Chinese Muslims and other minorities deemed impure by the CCP, which we all know every major company panders to and take money from
Companies need to stop pretending they have a morality. They are product maker and any attempt at pretending to be good and moral people is utter bullshit in a self congratulatory nonsense.

Also, the rainbow flags....

Last edited by -Kanrabat- on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby boyatlarge » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:32 am

Considering the current climate, you would think Hasbro would remove PROWL from the image...
boyatlarge
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:34 am

boyatlarge wrote:Considering the current climate, you would think Hasbro would remove PROWL from the image...

You know what? They should. Let Hasbro go 'full stupid' and have them remove Prowl and other police and rescue-themed characters. Let them go all 'cancel culture' on their own work and burn down the entire fanbase in the process, because that's basically what's going down these days. Everything is bad. Everything is cancelled. :roll:

These companies are idiots and just churn out the same pre approved message. That's how insincere this is, given they forgot to remove Prowl. There are basically dedicated people inside companies and their twitter division that tell them when its time to post some 'solidarity' thing to get good boy points.

Its all hollow. Its always hollow.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 am

It's that simple."
boyatlarge wrote:Considering the current climate, you would think Hasbro would remove PROWL from the image...

Considering the he current climate, you should refrain calling for help if you're the victim of a crime. :HEADHURTS:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:46 am

Anyway I'm just here to laugh at how surreal this is when you really, really think about it. Remember when the left mocked corporations as shallow? Because in the past decades we knew they were full of hot air and nothing else, trying to be hip and aware when making money off sweatshop. What happened to this mentality of being cynical and understanding corporations are, by their nature, amoral and merely looking for themselves and their image and that's just the way things are? Yet here this is, making the news, like its some sort of grand epic moment.

Its not. Its business as usual and its always been. >:oP

Edit: And the best part is, I know people will give me **** and/or use slur implying I'm some sort of 'right winger' because in this day and age, not gobbling every single hot air self propaganda of corporations who don't mean anything or stand for anything is now deemed some sort of 'right wing' position. Yet here I am, the guy mocking corporations for their shallowness, a position which used to be very, very 'liberal'.
Last edited by Skritz on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby boyatlarge » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:48 am

Kanrabat: "Considering the he current climate, you should refrain calling for help if you're the victim of a crime."

Hey, buddy, my comment is what is known as a joke. Satire. Considering the current climate, you should back the eff off.
boyatlarge
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:59 am

It's that simple."
boyatlarge wrote:Kanrabat: "Considering the he current climate, you should refrain calling for help if you're the victim of a crime."

Hey, buddy, my comment is what is known as a joke. Satire. Considering the current climate, you should back the eff off.

That was not clear at all.

Because many, many have said something similar and were dead serious. "They" even demanded to cancel Paw Patrol! :shock:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:01 am

We live in a world where Aunt Jemima and Coco Puff are deemed 'dangerous'. At this point everything is insane, the evil part of me want to see people go nuts debating if Prowl should be erased out of Transformers lore. Followed by Red Alert, Inferno, the Protectobots... :POPCORN:
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby High Command » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:09 am

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
ShadowKatt wrote:
High Command wrote:There really has been a lot of bad-faith arguments put forth in this thread by yourself and others but this is really something else. Fighting literal nazis (as opposed to just anyone I disagree with, I believe I was quite clear on that point) makes one just as bad as a nazi and liable to commit genocide?

Don't worry, I've no intention of getting into the gun debate. It's hardly relevant to the topic at hand. I do, however, have a question for you: Do you play chess? I ask because when I wrote above I was doing my best to speak to the future, and when I read your words they seem couched in the present. Nothing I said was meant as an implication that you yourself would do anything, or go out to start anything, or even be the first one to tip a domino in that direction. The point I was trying to make is that there are enough people out there already who will be more than willing to do that for you if we don't dial the rhetoric way back.

I appreciate the declaration on principles. I feel like we could spend hours in debate over them but this isn't the time or the place. I think the more important part is that while I appreciate your principles, even the ones I don't agree with, not everyone is going to agree with you. The danger I was trying to illustrate comes from there. You advocate for punching Nazis. That's fine, I'll let you have that. You point out that people waving and wearing swastikas and goosestepping while shouting "Seig Heil!" are Nazis. I can't really disagree with that, i think that would be pretty obvious. And while I don't want to make too grand assumptions, I can only assume that if you saw someone like that walking down the street, you'd probably limber up, stretch, and get a good running start before clocking them across the head. As they say, You do you, Boo.

My concern is that not everyone is going to be as restrained as you. You seem to be willing to restrain yourself to people who out themselves as nazis but that's not going to be true of everyone. Lots of things that aren't even related to the nazis and white supremacists have suddenly become associated with them. A haircut. A hand gesture. Or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If there's a protest in response to BLM and one, JUST ONE person brings a Nazi flag, is this a sign that everyone there is a nazi? And does anyone bother to ask questions before things turn ugly. Does getting the wrong haircut justify punching someone without needing evidence or reason? If someone flashes the white power handsign, otherwise known in the rest of the world as the OK gesture, does that confirm their position with the rest of the Nazis?

The point here is that I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about your ideas. They don't solely belong to you; they're shared far and wide amongst many people. I asked earlier if you played Chess because both of these things have something in common: Looking to the future. Not just as this move, but the next ten moves ahead. Bringing up shooting wasn't putting words in your mouth. Not once did I ever imply you said it would happen. I said that it IS happening and it's going to escalate further unless the violent rhetoric stops. Two protesting groups show up and one side punches the other. The other side shows up next time with sticks. The next time the other side shows up with knives and so on. This isn't conjecture, we've watched it, going back to the protests in Portland and Berkeley and following it though to today. It shouldn't be hard to see where things go from here. In New Mexico vandals showed up to tear down a statue and someone got shot. Those people are going to come back and they're going to come back armed, I'd lay money. In Ohio a BLM march was run out of town by armed protestors. If that march comes back it will also probably be armed, and where do things go from there.

I think we're still in the opening gambits of this conflict, with prodding threats and low casualties. All it will take though is one group that feels justified in using the full force they have available because the other side are nazis, the other side are fascists, the other side are supremacists, or the other side are just threatening them and now it's self defense and it all kicks off. This is what lies ten moves further into the game if we continue with this.

It's not bad faith, it's logic. I've explained myself, taken it step by step, progression from one level of escalation to the next. And yes, taken to its logical extreme it could be genocide. One protest opens fire on another one and a firefight ensues. Massive casualties on both sides. Does this de-escalate tensions or inflame them? Obviously it inflames them. So what's the next move? Assuming that the US government doesn't roll the army in and lock everything down, and there's your fascist state if ever there was one, it will be open season on both sides. Marches and protests will be cancelled, too many people, too easy a target. Instead you'll have smaller cells hunting down other cells, something akin to a cross between guerilla and gang warfare. This could go two ways, either with neither side gaining an advantage or one side gaining a clear advantage, and both are bad. The former means that the fighting could be extremely prolonged, resulting in likely a great deal of collateral damage and casualties. The latter will result in the losing side on the run, possibly being hunted down all the way. Were that to happen I believe one of two senarios likely, the losing side is either driven underground where it can wait and recover, or it is simply wiped out, rounded up and executed. All this assumes of course that the government doesnt come in with an even heavier hand and crush both of them.

All this because people decided it was okay to punch a certain group of people. Call it far fetched, call it a slippery slope but we're already seeing the first parts of this now. The rest is possible, unless you'd like to put forward an alternate timeline of events.

As a final note, I want to reference the genocide comment. Wiping out any group of people, for any reason, is a genocide. The Nazis did it with the jews because...I don't know. The Jews are the punching bag of the whole world and I never understood it. The soviet union did it with the poles. It's continuing today with the Kurds. Rounding up what's left of the nazis which at this point would consist of people who weren't even alive during that time would be no different. It would make you no better than them. If we have learned nothing from the crusades and jihads it's that rigtheous vengence is never right. Justified any way it can, it's still just revenge.

I think I've already explained precisely what I mean by nazis so will not repeat myself again. Here is the counter-argument to the no-punching position. Far right marches are a thing. People will show up with flags and banners, they will shout their slogans and try to intimidate. They have no benevolent message or goal. They want white supremacy. They can be opposed or they can be left to it. If they are unopposed and we follow the chess game analogy, are their numbers more likely to grow or decline? In 1930s Germany their movement was allowed to grow and then it became to late to get rid of them. In the same decade the British union of fascists tried to build up support, they tried to march through London's East End and tried to incite people against the jews. The Cockneys came out and beat them up. You argue against escalation, I argue against allowing nazisim to be able to spread any further than it has now.
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.

Burn wrote:High Command is an arsehat.
High Command
Headmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:30 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:
boyatlarge wrote:Kanrabat: "Considering the he current climate, you should refrain calling for help if you're the victim of a crime."

Because many, many have said something similar and were dead serious. "They" even demanded to cancel Paw Patrol! :shock:

Actually the paw patrol thing was confirmed to be a joke that the New York Times took seriously because they thought it would be good click bait. So it was never really under threat. Besides people always try to get things banned no matter what their political banner.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:33 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Actually the paw patrol thing was confirmed to be a joke that the New York Times took seriously because they thought it would be good click bait. So it was never really under threat. Besides people always try to get things banned no matter what their political banner.

Yes but we have to remember that 2020 is so **** surreal at this point that anything might be plausible as the outrage mob gets ever stronger and less coherent with each passing day. As for Twitter (primary source of cancel culture), its very much a specific kind of echo chamber. The other type of 'ban what I don't like' was the evangelicon of the '80 and '90 and those are pretty much dead on the basis that Baby Boomers don't understand the internet.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby G1OptimusPAX » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am

Skritz wrote:

You know what? They should. Let Hasbro go 'full stupid' and have them remove Prowl and other police and rescue-themed characters. Let them go all 'cancel culture' on their own work and burn down the entire fanbase in the process, because that's basically what's going down these days. Everything is bad. Everything is cancelled. :roll:

These companies are idiots and just churn out the same pre approved message. That's how insincere this is, given they forgot to remove Prowl. There are basically dedicated people inside companies and their twitter division that tell them when its time to post some 'solidarity' thing to get good boy points.

You're right... if Prowl is a murdering, cowardly racist robot,,, then get his B!#@h a$$ out of there too.
See to hell with all of this talking mess in these threads. We ALL know some of you just want to see the world burn, so I feel no need to remove these things, I'd rather give these types of people the revenge they are BEGGING for! So yea, F#@k prowl too
G1OptimusPAX
Mini-Con

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am

G1OptimusPAX wrote:
Skritz wrote:

You're right... if Prowl is a murdering, cowardly racist robot,,, then get his B!#@h a$$ out of there too.
See to hell with all of this talking mess in these threads. We ALL know some of you just want to see the world burn, so I feel no need to remove these things, I'd rather give these types of people the revenge they are BEGGING for! So yea, F#@k prowl too

I'd rather not see the world and things I like burn down but I'm at the stage that it has gotten so stupid that I might as well root for everything to just burn down and be turned to ash right now, in an instant, than see everything die a slow burn. If people are going to stand on certain ideas, then fine, go ahead and do it. Burn everything down. Destroy one thing, then another and another because the outrage mob will never be pleased. If Transformers wish to go down this path (and it already has) then it better be ready to become the nuclear wasteland that Disney Star Wars has become.

If Prowl is removed as 'problematic', then please go ahead. Do it. Be the angry mob you want to be, people: at least be honest about what you stand for. Then remove all other police and rescue vehicle-themed Transformers. Oh and then remove every military vehicle because it promote 'American warmongering'. Then remove every animal, because it promote violence against animals. Then remove every ordinary vehicle because it 'promotes pollution'.

See what I mean? Anyone jumping down this rabbit hole choose self destruction.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Skritz wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Yes but we have to remember that 2020 is so **** surreal at this point that anything might be plausible as the outrage mob gets ever stronger and less coherent with each passing day. As for Twitter (primary source of cancel culture), its very much a specific kind of echo chamber. The other type of 'ban what I don't like' was the evangelicon of the '80 and '90 and those are pretty much dead on the basis that Baby Boomers don't understand the internet.

Actually, all those sorts of groups are on Facebook (the million mums group) and they're still quite active as the right are also active on twitter as well. Heck a lot of the innately stupid 5G causes Coronavirus started on twitter as well.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:50 am

It's that simple."
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Yeah, I thought it was most likely a troll. That's why I used "they" in quotations.

Still, it's current year and cancel culture is cancer.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASCENTOR Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 Hasbro"
ASCENTOR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DESTRUCTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
DESTRUCTION MINI-C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EVAC Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete Hasbro 2005 230719A"
EVAC Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTORSHOT Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s67k 2005 231102A"
SCATTORSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Perceptor 2002 231209A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spychanger W.A.R.S. Transformers RID Spy Changers complete WARS 2001 230821A"
Spychanger W.A.R.S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKILLZ PUNK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro Game Cartridge"
SKILLZ PUNK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete + card 2005 Powerlinx 230427A"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAND MILITARY MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
LAND MILITARY MINI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON