Transformer RED Series

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
It's just that I have FF8 Eidolons PTSD over action figures made out all of rubbery plastics.
Come see my latest creation:


Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11530
News Credits: 27
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
o.supreme wrote:Not surprised, this seems to be in line with other reviews I've seen.

Chuck- was there any indication of slipperyness or a "film" on the plastic of these figures? Also be fortunate your Prime had straight antenna, I've seen some bent in package.


None whatsoever. The plastic felt good, just not Hasbro 6" figure good. I think there might be some confusion. The plastic used for the RED figures is NOT soft and rubbery. It's firm, just not the quality we should expect.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6311
News Credits: 245
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
chuckdawg1999 wrote:It's firm, just not the quality we should expect.


Image
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 27003
News Credits: 2947
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:07 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I’ve been on the fence with these guys, but seeing how short they are takes me firmly on the “not getting into it” side.

Aside from a few characters that may pop up, I’ll be steering clear of this line.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2639
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:40 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
i think the RED series is way better looking than the Mega SCF
takara-transformers-mega-scf-g1_1_e0983dbfb202b604ff2f1723da342158.jpg
takara-transformers-mega-scf-g1_1_e0983dbfb202b604ff2f1723da342158.jpg (21.3 KiB) Viewed 45880 times
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Posts: 2207
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby transformers_va » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:03 am

Motto: "Victory lies in the conquest of unknown mysteries"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but pre-orders for both Cheetor and Arcee can be found at Walmart here
User avatar
transformers_va
Minibot
Posts: 158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:46 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
transformers_va wrote:Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but pre-orders for both Cheetor and Arcee can be found at Walmart here


Thanks! And yeah, I wrote an article about all the exclusives announced during PulseCon and where you could buy them, including these:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... nes/45279/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 27003
News Credits: 2947
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:48 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:It's firm, just not the quality we should expect.


Image


I legit laughed at this. I was really working them over too.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6311
News Credits: 245
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Sowndwave76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:28 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I am considering cancelling my preorder through Walmart for Megatron and Soundwave...
That $40 is going to be nice to have for either SS86 figures, or maybe even the new MP Starscream.
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Godmaster
Posts: 1640
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:05 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sowndwave76 wrote:I am considering cancelling my preorder through Walmart for Megatron and Soundwave...
That $40 is going to be nice to have for either SS86 figures, or maybe even the new MP Starscream.


I would say that's a good idea. If you're still curious about them you can always double back later and get them at a sale price.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6311
News Credits: 245
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:I am considering cancelling my preorder through Walmart for Megatron and Soundwave...
That $40 is going to be nice to have for either SS86 figures, or maybe even the new MP Starscream.


I would say that's a good idea. If you're still curious about them you can always double back later and get them at a sale price.


Yeah I have a feeling that they won't be that difficult to find once available.
And I'd feel a lot better if I could get each for somewhere around $12-$15.
Preorder has been canceled!
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Godmaster
Posts: 1640
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby william-james88 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sowndwave76 wrote:And I'd feel a lot better if I could get each for somewhere around $12-$15.
Preorder has been canceled!


Image
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 27003
News Credits: 2947
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:19 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Not sure I'd trust the walmart pre-orders at this point anyway. All of the netflix figures were spotted at stores long before pre-orders were filled (and there are still outstanding wave 1 preorders). And people who pre-ordered the Wave 2 Earthrise figures are receiving beauty products and other things like that instead of the actual toys
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 20011
News Credits: 1540
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Not sure I'd trust the walmart pre-orders at this point anyway. All of the netflix figures were spotted at stores long before pre-orders were filled (and there are still outstanding wave 1 preorders). And people who pre-ordered the Wave 2 Earthrise figures are receiving beauty products and other things like that instead of the actual toys


I've had a theory that I just can't shake, Walmart, Target, etc. will always make sure their brick and mortar stores are stocked before their online sites because they live off that foot traffic.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6311
News Credits: 245
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:15 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Just watched a RED Soundwave review... I will be tempted to get these if I see them in a store.
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm okay with what some consider a lack of articulation;
I don't play with my figures... Especially in this case, it is 150% a display piece.
I don't need them positioned with one leg kicked forward, or doing the splits, or doing some sort of yoga/gymnastics pose... They'll be standing, and yeah, maybe in a semi-dynamic stance, but nothing crazy.
I'll still wait until they go on sale, but I have a feeling I'll end up with both Soundwave and Megatron.
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Godmaster
Posts: 1640
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sowndwave76 wrote:Just watched a RED Soundwave review... I will be tempted to get these if I see them in a store.
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm okay with what some consider a lack of articulation;
I don't play with my figures... Especially in this case, it is 150% a display piece.
I don't need them positioned with one leg kicked forward, or doing the splits, or doing some sort of yoga/gymnastics pose... They'll be standing, and yeah, maybe in a semi-dynamic stance, but nothing crazy.
I'll still wait until they go on sale, but I have a feeling I'll end up with both Soundwave and Megatron.


If you're going to end up with two, those are the two best thus far.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6311
News Credits: 245
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Sowndwave76 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:03 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:Just watched a RED Soundwave review... I will be tempted to get these if I see them in a store.
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm okay with what some consider a lack of articulation;
I don't play with my figures... Especially in this case, it is 150% a display piece.
I don't need them positioned with one leg kicked forward, or doing the splits, or doing some sort of yoga/gymnastics pose... They'll be standing, and yeah, maybe in a semi-dynamic stance, but nothing crazy.
I'll still wait until they go on sale, but I have a feeling I'll end up with both Soundwave and Megatron.


If you're going to end up with two, those are the two best thus far.


Yeah, but even on sale, we'll see... Looking at all of the MP SS photos has me thinking that funds will need to be funneled toward that guy!
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Godmaster
Posts: 1640
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:04 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sowndwave76 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:Just watched a RED Soundwave review... I will be tempted to get these if I see them in a store.
The more I've thought about it, the more I'm okay with what some consider a lack of articulation;
I don't play with my figures... Especially in this case, it is 150% a display piece.
I don't need them positioned with one leg kicked forward, or doing the splits, or doing some sort of yoga/gymnastics pose... They'll be standing, and yeah, maybe in a semi-dynamic stance, but nothing crazy.
I'll still wait until they go on sale, but I have a feeling I'll end up with both Soundwave and Megatron.


If you're going to end up with two, those are the two best thus far.


Yeah, but even on sale, we'll see... Looking at all of the MP SS photos has me thinking that funds will need to be funneled toward that guy!


I hear you loud and clear on that one. I pray for thick pannels and sturdy hinges.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6311
News Credits: 245
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Miracle!
My local Walmart have something new and it's the RED figures.

They are 30$can, meaning the same price as a regular deluxe.

16026221074554652968770018588103.jpg


I'll wait for more interesting characters.
Come see my latest creation:


Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11530
News Credits: 27
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby IndiePrime » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:10 pm

I bought 2 of each this week!!

They look soooo good out of box. Whoever designed them were obviously fans of the G1 cartoon.

The faces and body proportions are spot on.. or at least how I remember them from rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

The plastic isn't hard plastic, it's pretty nice quality. It reminds me of the Good Smile Nendoroids. It's a tactile rubbery plastic. Quite good IMO.

I had to go to 2 Walmarts in Toronto to find the figures. Not sure how many Walmart ordered, but I nabbed the remaining ones on the shelves.

One thing that is to note.. The quality is a bit flimsy. These are made in Vietnam, so the quality control isn't so good. Megatron's ab crunch is broken, Optimus's head was loose when I took it out of box and Sound Wave's arm didn't lift up (that was exchanged).

But other than that, these are super rare finds. I'm usually a Masterpiece fan due to the good representation of G1 designs. These are also quite good!
IndiePrime
Mini-Con
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:22 pm

Motto: "A knife is simple, using it ain't."
I found them at my Wal-Mart today as well.
Attachments
16037472701225594054603214520321.jpg
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
.Science: like magic, but real.
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 12162
News Credits: 20
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:53 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
They were sold out pretty quickly in store and online.
I'm quite happy about this because this give chances for more interesting characters down the line.
Come see my latest creation:


Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11530
News Credits: 27
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Sowndwave76 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:48 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Sorry if this is old news...
Arcee and Cheetor are up for preorder on Walmart.com.
I'm passing on both, just wanted to give a heads-up.
User avatar
Sowndwave76
Godmaster
Posts: 1640
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am
Location: Liberty, MO-town
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby Emerje » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:56 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sowndwave76 wrote:Sorry if this is old news...
Arcee and Cheetor are up for preorder on Walmart.com.
I'm passing on both, just wanted to give a heads-up.

They've been on pre-order since Hasbro officially announced them at Pulsecon a month ago. ;)

Still haven't seen any RED figures locally.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 5911
News Credits: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby SGMLordMirage » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Motto: "In my book: Treat as hostile here and now, apologize later!"
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
I just happened to spot OP, Megatron, and Soundwave today at a local Walmart here in southern Missouri.

SGM
Attachments
20201105_124025.jpg
User avatar
SGMLordMirage
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 533
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm
Location: Nixa, Mo
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
Twincast / Podcast #264:
"Kingdom Come"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro SDCC 2019 Transformers MP-10G Ghostbusters ECTO-35 Edition Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT BOTS OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON-Build 2 Robots" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Los Angeles Transformers Grimlock Vinyl Poseable Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Skrapnel & Reflector, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug Evolution 2-Pack" on EBAY
Buy "2001 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Grimlock 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "funko pop! movies: transformers: age of extinction-bumblebee action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Transformers Optimash Prime Mixable Mashable Autobots Hasbro" on EBAY