This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

how to get dust off?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

how to get dust off?

Postby nycPrime » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:01 pm

I have a lot of TFs I don't play with often, and they're just out in the open. As a result, the figures are quite dusty. Is there an easy way to quickly get the dust off? I need a way to get the dust off about 100ish figure without spending hours.... any advice is appreciated.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: how to get dust off?

Postby -WonkoTheSane- » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 pm

Motto: "Per Aspera Ad Astra"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I've often wondered this myself. Lately I've taken to rinsing my figures off with lukewarm water. Anything with stickers, Electronics or metal (Which if not dried properly could rust) is a bad idea, But just regular plastic/soft plastic, I've had no problems with so far. I also try to take any small pieces/accessories or missiles off (since I rinse them in the sink) as I can imagine them falling off and going down the drain being rather disastrous.
(I guess you could use a drain plug/stopper as well).
I usually blot the figures dry with a soft cloth, Or leave them to dry in the air.
The only other thing I can think of off hand that could be used would be compressed air in a can (the sort they use to clean keyboards with, Ect.) Can't really think of anything else that wouldn't be somewhat time costly.
-WonkoTheSane-
Fuzor
News Credits: 32
Alt Mode: Dolphin.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 5

Postby nycPrime » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:25 pm

I was thinking compressed air as well. I’m thinking that would take less than a minute per figure on average. I don’t think I have the patience to rinse more than 10 figures in water, and it would be much more than 10.
nycPrime
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby ShadowBlaze » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 am

I recently carried out the arduous task of removing dust from my displayed Transformers. I don't have a quick solution (the process took roughly ten hours from start to finish), but I took a damp (not soaking) washcloth and wiped down all of my figures one at a time. With all the little sculpted grooves and divots, and various joints for articulation and transformation, I really haven't found a quicker or more thorough way to remove or dislodge months of caked-on dust.

Compressed air might do the trick, but you may also go through on awful lot of it, depending on how many figures you're cleaning and how meticulous you want to be about it.
ShadowBlaze
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
I would do a basic wipe-down with a microfiber cloth (possibly slightly damp), and then blast what's left with compressed air
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Tuned Agent » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I've got a set of small detailing attachments for vacuums that work pretty well. I think the set was made for cleaning out the nooks and crannies of cars, but they can be used anywhere. I've haven't used them on TF's before, but I've used them on Lego sets (being careful around easily-detached parts of course). The one brush has a circular head about 3/4 of an inch or so wide.
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 4E GI JOE 0124IM251 (CA) Oliver (W) Williamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr E 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 4C 0224IM257 (CA) Burnham + Reber"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #21 RI IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 21RI MAR200702 (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS #21 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 FCBD Dreamwave Comics 2003 Free Comic Book Day (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210539 1RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210484 31RI (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #31 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of HOT ROD #1 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220507 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIMACY #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 4RI SEP140388 (CA) Griffith"
Transformers PRIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #1 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926I"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #45 RE Acme IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220487 41A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #41 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON